Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) (51062 Views)

BREAKING: Reports Of Riots Inside One Of Moscow's Prisons / Hundreds Of Ethiopian Men Volunteer To Fight For Russia In Ukraine / Anti-Lockdown Riots Erupt In Belgium As Protests Sweep Across Europe (Pix, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by winner37(m): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2021
South Africa is like Nigeria , their life is not balance ...

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Kazim88: 9:05am On Jul 17, 2021
srrrr:

Our ancestors didn't chase anybody away. UK granted us fake independence. No country will grant it's colony independence, you have to fight for it. That's why UK still controls Nigerian government indirectly, same everywhere in Africa.
Africa's problem is cultural. Every informed person knows that a nation can only flourish if it has a major common identity. As long as there are multiple identities, politicians will always look for a way to exploit it for their selfish gain.
Nigeria is weak because we have 400 tribes with 3 majority tribes, 2 major religions. That is nothing to be proud of. Almost all prosperous nations have 1 major ethnic group and 1 major religion. This minimises identity politics. Politicians will always look for a way to manipulate the system.
Our problem is not our leaders, because all governments are the same. Exchange Nigerian leaders with US leaders and vice versa, US will still remain the same, but Nigeria won't change because we have a docile, uninformed population, where most people care only about their personal interest.
I don't think breaking Nigeria will solve anything, or do you want to break it into 400 nations. Even inside a tribe, people still hate one another. Most races have gone through all these before. Europe had hundreds /thousands of tribes before they started merging to form States. It's just that Africans haven't evolved or aren't planning to evolve anytime soon. Only a cultural revolution can solve our problems (If handled by the right people). Well I don't see that happening anytime soon, but the sooner it happens the better for the black race.

The bolded is the secret weapon of every politicians globally and they would always be different cultures and ideology merge together. the only way out is for African masses to evolve but like you also said, Africans are not ready to evolve as a society that can look beyond tribal and religious sentiment.
The number of the very few that have evolved are too small to make any change.

My question to you is what is the way forward?
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Xfemt(m): 9:18am On Jul 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

Oh yeah - SA flag... #CleanupSA #RebuildSA

Check how this thread won't be popular. They wanna keep believing people are ready to eat each other in SA. Have u seen the frontpage? undecided undecided
abeg shift
Who care if you burn or clean xanophobic SA

go to your own SA forum and live our space for us with our own problem
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by JaceBlaze: 9:42am On Jul 17, 2021
Eriokanmi:
this is the right time Chicco should have sung the song he released in the 80s titled we miss you manelo( meaning we miss you mandela). A song he dedicated to Mandela when he was in prison. With Mandela alive the violent protest would have been averted cos one word from his mouth would have doused tensions.

Most millennials don't even know who he is (especially us the 90's born) lol .So I don't think his voice is as strong as it once was.The only thing that could have prevented the carnage is early deployment of the army.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by JaceBlaze: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2021
bunto:
Beautiful song. Thanks for sharing!
smiley
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by smartNerd: 10:33am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol grin, it's currently winter - June, July, August. But most evenings get a chill throughout the year - you should always carry a light jersey.

We experience all the 4 seasons of the year. Best time to visit is spring and summer time (September to end of February).
but why na,u dey enjoy oyinbo seasons and we be same Africa o,this one na cheating,me too wan wear hoodies but heat here no gree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by srrrr(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2021
Kazim88:

The bolded is the secret weapon of every politicians globally and they would always be different cultures and ideology merge together. the only way out is for African masses to evolve but like you also said, Africans are not ready to evolve as a society that can look beyond tribal and religious sentiment.
The number of the very few that have evolved are too small to make any change.

My question to you is what is the way forward?

This is what I think. The problem is complicated, but the solution might not be. Old people don't really want change and they're not ready to learn. They grew up with the tribalistic, self-absorbed mentality, and young people copy from their elders. This process repeats generation by generation till we're doomed.
The thing is our elderly never laid any foundation for us, In fact they added more problems. During slavery era, kings failed to work together or merge their kingdom to regain control of shipping routes, rather they betrayed one another thinking the westerners are their allies until they invaded.
Before the scramble for Africa, signs were there of possible Western invasion of Africa, but due to selfish reasons and disunity, our traditional leaders failed.
During decolonisation, even the founding fathers we praised for independence failed to drop their tribal way of thinking. I don't know what they learnt abroad or maybe they were deceived that their culture is very beautiful. They would've known that a cultural revolution was important for Nigeria to work, else they would've opposed the conditions for independence in the first place. In fact they agreed to the division of Nigeria into three regions with different language and 3 major identities and built 3 political parties along the 3 tribal lines. What were they expecting, happy ever after! They even joined in rigging of the first Nigerian election. Founding fathers indeed.
Nigeria was failed from the very start. This is what caused the civil war.
Ironsi not jailing the coup plotters - The other group saw it as an attack on their own group, because the military leader didn't jail the coup plotters from his own group (tribe).

Massacre of igbos in the North - Because Northerners saw them as different.

Gowon giving more power to the federal government and failing to stop the slaughter. Ojukwu's jealousy for not being installed as the military general.

Nigerian military role in the civil war - This is were the military got it's present bad reputation from.

All because one group feel superior to another group and one group feel threatened by another group. It's identity politics.

Religious leaders encouraging people to bear the hardship, because they have sky mansions when they die. Mostly in the south, when thing go wrong, people just act as if it's not their business (And some people are shouting for united southern Nigeria Republic). Religion especially Christianity encourages greed and fear indirectly, but gives their members hope of a better tomorrow. You can't separate religion and politics. Political leaders oppress us and religious leaders encourages us to bear the oppression. They're doing the same thing differently - Keeping the system running.

The youth should know that they have no role model from the previous generations.

Democracy is good when majority of the citizens are well educated, informed and can think for themselves. African societies don't have these qualities. We celebrate people that can shout very well. People that think logically and behave civilized are classified as weak, people that jump queue and cut corners are classified as smart. We only complain when we're at a disadvantage, and that's only what we do "Complain" . People that speak dictionary grammars are hailed in universities. Our educational system is built in a way that people who can cram very well and answer past questions, have A's and are called scholars. People are not dedicated to their work, maybe because they're encouraged from a young age to pursue the money rather than the field they're interested in. This is why we have queues in ATM stands, poor security, poor electricity, poor maintenance culture, bad roads and massive corruption.
The few people that have evolved or want to be enlightened should form a group or an organisation (especially targeting very young people). They should start lecturing others on history, logic, discipline, how to be civilized, problem solving, personal independence (Don't accept free things, work for you own money), self respect, self dignity, respect for rights of other people (Stop playing loud music, don't disturb your neighbours, bad languages, lying and insults should be shunned from a young age, humility encouraged) maybe through social media or physical programs. The goal is to get as much people civilized as possible.
Then a political and cultural revolution can kick off (Can also be done by winning the election and starting the actual revolution). The thing is that most post independence leaders that had good intentions, were killed and their ideology dead because they didn't have strong backing or they wanted to be seen as heroes. This time there has to be strong backing (Something like an Epistocracy), people that can carry on an ideology regardless of whether their leader is gone and can't be influenced by mere emotional manipulation. Many people will die, political, religious and tribal leaders that feel their power is threatened will do everything possible to stop it. These are the sacrifices we have to make for greatness.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by chineloSA(f): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2021
weyreypey:

Used to the strikes. But as you said this was on another level. It is traumatising to business owners. Expect some of them to exit.

The smaller foreign businesses may exit, but the local ones you find at the malls, they will not.

Most if these businesses are their SA born, white owned businesses. They have nowhere to go. Even other African countries are not making money for them as much as they make it in SA.

Shoprite exited Nigeria and Kenya and now focusing on SA and they made a hell of a lot.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Asahi: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2021
Zulu's are a menace. These are the same people along With Kenyans and Ghanaians that obsess over Nigerians instead of looking in the damn mirror.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by jawalis(m): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

Thank u very much for your kind words, I really appreciate them at a time of sadness and vulnerability in SA. Comments like yours have been very few on Nairaland over the past week - Nigerians really hated on black South Africans and rejoiced over the unrest.

Lol, the guy in the picture is a local celeb, Prince Kaybee - he's a DJ. I was just fooling around with that guy - he's an enemy of mine here on Nairaland and his comment was actually mocking me. Sorry, didn't mean to deceive everyone.

Good bless all of Africa indeed. cool

cc mysticwarrior (my nemisis)
It’s fine. That’s human nature. We sometimes rejoice over the downfall of other. Which have no benefits for us. But we shall be fine. Good morning from Lagos
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Raydos: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2021
Since black people took control of SA government everything has started deteriorating and going downhill, South Africa is one of the unsafest countries in the world now, White people are migrating to another country each day!

Black is a cursed race!!

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2021
I'm sure some of d looters r here too
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by chineloSA(f): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2021
Raydos:
Since black people took control of SA government everything has started deteriorating and going downhill, South Africa is one of the unsafest countries in the world now, White people are migrating to another country each day!

Black is a cursed race!!

Who lied to you. shocked
SA became more developed since black government took over. The SA you see is not the same SA I found here when I moved to here.
Propaganda is not doing justice. Yes crimes has increased, but what if the Apartheid government was not accurately reporting their stats??
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Raydos: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2021
edochie12:
But to be sincere,this people are over hyping South Africa,we have up to 38 cities in Nigeria that will rival south Africa,apart from 24/7 light,I think we are living better than them.

Lol, I'm Nigeria myself, and I hate SA like shit, But what you just said now has Proved that you're ignorant, Nigeria don't have cities to start with, Those things you see in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Ibadan and co. are Modern-Slums

Capetown was rated one of the most beautiful cities in the whole wide world recently, While the best city in Nigeria "Lagos" was rated one of unliveable places in the world

Johannesburg, Durban, Capetown and so on are world class cities that no west African country can compete with!!

How many South Africa have you seen in Nigeria? Have you ever come accross any South Africa in Nigeria yourself??

But millions of Nigerians are wandering about in SA looking for Greener pastures!! Things is bleeped up here bro!

South Africa economy is going downhill too tho

The black race as a whole are full of Crackheads,

Dumbest race in the world, no wonder we're the poorest!
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Raydos: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2021
chineloSA:

Who lied to you. shocked
SA became more developed since black government took over. The SA you see is not the same SA I found here when I moved to here.
Propaganda is not doing justice. Yes crimes has increased, but what if the Apartheid government was not accurately reporting their stats??

Became more developed and also became more Unliveable!!

You can't even walk through Jo'burg street at night without getting robbed, It's even worse when you're a Female, You'll get raped and killed!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
weyreypey:

Used to the strikes. But as you said this was on another level. It is traumatising to business owners. Expect some of them to exit.

Yeah, some will leave but others understand the potential and opportunities in SA and will stay if this doesn't become a regular occurrence. So govt has to be seen addressing poverty and inequality asap.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
37 without common sense, you will still get to 40 and be a fool forever.

don't be offended, that's the obvious true.
cheesycheesycheesy

You'll forever remain a spineless wimp who can never face me head-on, dropping stupid posts and running off.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
OChimex:

If these happens once in a while like it happens anywhere in the world, it could be understood. But those guys have made these destruction almost a yearly ritual. Have you forgotten just last year or so how they started killing fellow blacks in gruesome manner and burning down their country?
When someone has continued to make the same mistake often, the person is termed stupid and foolish.

These people do these out of fun, they love seeing their beautiful cuties destroyed. They hate progress and envy people progessing.
Just mark my words, they will repeat this carnage in a no distant time. Its not done out frustration, its done out of fun, wickedness and envy. They are just waiting for any slight opportunity to start the destructions.

Do u expect disenfranchised people to riot just once in their lifetime? If the bad conditions continue on the ground then people will continue to protest against them. Why don't u instead ask how poverty, and inequality (the worst in the world), can be addressed in SA instead of blaming the victims of an unjust system.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

The truth is that a lot of Nigerians are not happy with South Africans especially in the way they treat Nigerians. The country is well organized and yet we still have people who attack foreigners, to me its not right. Normally, most news these days are fake so it might be possible some of the news from South Africa is fake too. I hope the government take care of the common man to avoid issues like this.

wink cool
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
Xfemt:
abeg shift
Who care if you burn or clean xanophobic SA

go to your own SA forum and live our space for us with our own problem
Shalom

Shalom your *ss. Who forced u to click on this thread?
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Volkswagen90:
but why na,u dey enjoy oyinbo seasons and we be same Africa o,this one na cheating,me too wan wear hoodies but heat here no gree.

Lol grin, it's not as fun as you think it is. Winters are very boring - everyone quick to go indoors. We too wanna be warm (not hot) all year round so we can party and enjoy the great outdoors.

Check my thread when it was snowing a few weeks ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/6589301/pictures-very-cold-weather-snow

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by samtol4(m): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Volkswagen90:
you are southy abi?
My nationality does not determine my view. I am a Nigerian, and I have lived in both countries. Comparing Nigeria to South Africa is like comparing a primary school pupil to a professor. In a true sense, what do you want to compare? Education? Opportunities ?Health? Government? The only aspect Nigeria is ahead of SA is stronger family value system & family orientation. You can't discuss SA in the proper context when you have not lived there.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by skallion7(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
qanda:

Is this an innocent question or mischievous one?

Who told you Nairaland forum is for Nigerians only? I am certain that the founder of Nairaland is happy that the forum has an African Outlook.

The childish question you asked is akin to an American asking you on Twitter why you are using a social network owned by an American.

I am Nigerian and I find your question out of place. I will assume you were trying to be funny, but it isn't funny.
Trash
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by lkillbrokehoes: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]You'll forever remain a spineless wimp who can never face me head-on, dropping stupid posts and running off.[/s]
I will rather ignore losers like you like a plague

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
I will rather ignore losers like you like a plague

But u always quote me first. How does that work? undecided undecided
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by chineloSA(f): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
Raydos:

Became more developed and also became more Unliveable!!

You can't even walk through Jo'burg street at night without getting robbed, It's even worse when you're a Female, You'll get raped and killed!!

But you said "everything" started deteriorating shocked shocked

It depends where you live. Joburg is not the whole of SA remember.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by calcal: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lifes and billions of dollars were wasted because of 15 months in jail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Putin Partakes In Russia's Nuclear War Drill 'GROM' In Message To NATO (Photos) / Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / FBI Arrested Man Who Mailed Bombs To Obama, Clinton And CNN, Faces 45years(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.