Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

How Do I Eject This Tenant? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Eject This Tenant? (30555 Views)

How To I Eject This Tenant / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by gassbee: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2022
wat kind of crazy juducial system are we having in lagos state. other states dont take this long before those criminals are ejected from the apartment

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

The said tenant was owing over 1 years rent, not paying and not leaving.

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....

This can't happen in Lagos.

Residential rental property is not a good retirement plan, it can be frustrating when tenants don't pay

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ixodes(m): 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
donbachi:
Some people are just been wicked to themselves,and feel they are doing someone else.

Land him no help u buy,block him no mould for u,woods him no buy and no kobo was contributed.
Op,changr am for am with 7 midnite prayers.and pray it like dis

1: Oh GOD arise and put confusion between(mention his/her name)with the lawyer
2: Ask GOD to destroy his source of income cos he/she has destroyed urs.
3: Ask GOD to give him/her a bigger pharaoh
4:Ask GOD to give him/her shame and disgrace in ur neighbourhood that will lead to his/her packing out.
5:Pray for such person to fall into the hands of fraudsters.

Pray with holy anger.
Why you no just tell him to go babalawo place ? all the evil prayer you don dey pray since dey born you which one God don answer?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ifakiland(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....
Remove the roof of their apartment....no court can stop you from renovating your house. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by luscioustrish(f): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Op didn’t update us again since last year.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by sureboykris(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
BarrSly:
Which kind of lawyer do you have sef

It’s simple. As long as he owes you rent you don’t have to give him the 6 months notice rather 7 days notice of owners intention to recover premises thereafter you charge him to court.

Now this is the trick. In a Tenancy Recovery matter where the defendant tries to play smart and not come to court, all your lawyer has to do is apply for default/summary judgement as from all indications the tenants are not ready to appear for the matter. (25 days tops the tenant is out).

Where are you situated?

Pls is this quit notice written by the owner of the house or a lawyer writes on his behalf?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Pidginlawya(f): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by playtheblues(f): 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

The judge is supposed to rule in their absence since they've been duly served.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by emmy9500: 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
Your lawyer should be flogged, what really happened how did it turn to a court case

The normal procedure is you serve him 6 months notice, send a 3 month notice after 3 month, send a 21 days notice at the 21 days to the 6 months expiration, then send him a 7 days quick notice

He e defaults after this, get all your notice, go to a court and obtain a court order to eject him. Take the court order to the police to effect it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by OlawaleBammie: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

and u no get confirm babalawo abi??

Dey der ok?? Dey der dey form educationalist, he go spend ten years and pack go hin ouse from ur ouse
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Czartrips(m): 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
donbachi:
Some people are just been wicked to themselves,and feel they are doing someone else.

Land him no help u buy,block him no mould for u,woods him no buy and no kobo was contributed.
Op,changr am for am with 7 midnite prayers.and pray it like dis

1: Oh GOD arise and put confusion between(mention his/her name)with the lawyer
2: Ask GOD to destroy his source of income cos he/she has destroyed urs.
3: Ask GOD to give him/her a bigger pharaoh
4:Ask GOD to give him/her shame and disgrace in ur neighbourhood that will lead to his/her packing out.
5:Pray for such person to fall into the hands of fraudsters.

Pray with holy anger.

Most stupid advice.. How do people think like this?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by famora(m): 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

Country hatd cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by harmony75: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
6 months Quit notice first step, then the 2nd I think it's 7days to the 6th month.. Then court because you need evidence to show you want him to leave that you want to make use of your property or in this case he's owning so it's very easy, is not suppose to get to a year sef. In this case pls be patient don't tamper with their property no don't! You own your property he/she will go one day! Change your lawyer!
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by leo047: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
Baba, I'm handling my dad properties and what I will advice you to use the court method, if him and is lawyer failed to appear in court just bribe and outsider and lawyer to represent them and the case will be fast..though you'll spend some money

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Subomi11: 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

Your lawyer is not doing the proper thing. He (your) Lawyer should apply for speedy trial and get the case concluded as soon as possible.

Tell him to file for an order mandating the said tenant to deposit all outstanding tenancy rent with the in an interest yielding account with the court Registrar. If your Lawyer know what he is doing that tenant will pay for all years used until he vacate the property. Even if he moves out the Court will order for seizure of all his property to augment the outstanding rent.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by udejiga17(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
Take him to Lagos state citizen mediation center… matter will be solve before you know it.. I have evacuated 3 of my tenant this way.. it absolutely free of charge .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
U jump we elders here and go to court. Now let the court decide
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Supermajor(m): 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

Give her exactly 1 month quite notice that u want to renovate a part of the house, if at the end of the 1 month she no move, just call carpenter to start removing the roof of the house, remove the doors or windows too, dem no born her well make she no comot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by gassbee: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
emmy9500:
Your lawyer should be flogged, what really happened how did it turn to a court case

The normal procedure is you serve him 6 months notice, send a 3 month notice after 3 month, send a 21 days notice at the 21 days to the 6 months expiration, then send him a 7 days quick notice

He e defaults after this, get all your notice, go to a court and obtain a court order to eject him. Take the court order to the police to effect it
that was then with d old practice, currently now after the 6 months notice, u give him only 7 days to recover possession of ur property, if he stil does not vacate the property, u then take him to court. You can confirm wat am saying from a smart lawyer who know his job
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Kennyprince: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

You are funny.

Oga back his or her things out of your house. While doing so, bring police to come and stand as witness in case they ll claim any lose.

How will I keep someone in my house perpetually when the said person has refused to pay.

Last last, court no build housefor me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by emmanuelbrown26: 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
SocialJustice:
Terrible advise.
DONT MIND THOSE WITHOUT ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT LANDLORD AND TENANT ISSUE TRY IT AND SEE YOURSELF BEGGING YOUR TENAnT
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

Someone bought 123m naira dublex for a 19 year old side chick yet you are here planning to eject your fellow man for 1year Dept, you will not make haven grin
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by lextube: 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

Open his roof, tell both him and the court that you want to do renovation work on your property. Once he moves his belongings out of your house, make sure he doesn't move in again, and then you can ignore him at the court.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by okoroemeka(m): 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2022
armyofone:
Nigerians get mind! Living in someone's property for 3years without paying shocked shocked

Surprise! That same guy done get him wifey pregnant and born 2 or 3 children within the last 3years!

Odi egwu!
something similar happened on my street in enugu,the occupants of a three story block of flats decided not to pay their land lord,so they went to court after 3-4 years of court case and the tenants living free of charge,the landlord sold the house to a hard no nonsense buyer,the guy came one night with two bus load of thugs with huge finger sized Indian hemp in their mouth,they will knock at your door and tell you Mr Man we give you one week,if we see you here again you will regret,in 4 days the house was empty.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by ringi82(m): 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

That's absurd. Are u sure you got a competent lawyer? If the tenant or hiis lawyer don't show up in court, once the judge is satisfied they were duly served a hearing notice of the date, the matter should proceed and not delay. The tenant cannot hold the court to ransom.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by DrMuzungu(m): 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

Why don't you engage local thugs?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by israelmao(m): 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
Remove the roof of the apartment,you know rain is living within Lagos' neighbourhood.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by mokoh(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
leo047:
Baba, I'm handling my dad properties and what I will advice you to use the court method, if him and is lawyer failed to appear in court just bribe and outsider and lawyer to represent them and the case will be fast..though you'll spend some money

Sharp guy
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Olayetan(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

If you have entrance gate that allows access into the compound, change the lock or get a security dog and chain him in front of his entrance...

Like in front of his entrance door.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by HalaHala: 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
Same issue happened to my mum
The tenant stayed 5years,the second tenant was about doing the same ,after lawyer has collected money from us,we planned that we ve sold the house , brought someone who acted as the buyer, dropped sand and gravel , removed all the roof ,he was crying begging the man to give him one week,some tenants are wicked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / Abuja's Amazing Construction Projects / Architectural Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.