Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

How Do I Eject This Tenant? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Eject This Tenant? (30546 Views)

How To I Eject This Tenant / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by DrinkWater10: 11:35am On Mar 17, 2022
anyilalaz:

To buttress what is said, I have a form I do give out before I rent my house for any tenant.

In box me for a sample.
Hi, please can I also get a sample of the tenancy form
I tried to mail you but the system is complicated.
drinkw10@gmail.com
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by DrinkWater10: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

Certified true copy (The judgement letter)
And you said within 2-3 months. From start to finish.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by OhiOfIhima: 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
DrinkWater10:

And you said within 2-3 months. From start to finish.

Yes... We filled motions December last year and we have gotten judgement since February.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Advancedman(m): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ohyinyeah:
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

The said tenant was owing over 1 years rent, not paying and not leaving.

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....

What is your property manager or lawyer doing?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Subomi11: 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
Oyindamolah:
What if he doesn't have money in his account? What if the property is not up to the amount owed?

A garnishee order can be procured against him. But in most cases he will held in remand custody until a bond is secure for his release. Legal expertise of a Lawyer usually a big part on how the case and judgement goes.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by adexta(f): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
Log on to www.justicecourt.com and submit your case. You won't be needing a lawyer because you will explain whatever happen yourself. You will be able to collect all outstanding rent and the person will still leave your apartment. Cases like this is shown on gotv, channel 45 every Saturday by 7.30pm.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by anyilalaz: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Why not attached it to your signature so others can download it?

For all interest on sample rental form see attached!!!

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by JayPeeOham: 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
BarrSly:
Ok sorry not within that jurisdiction neither would i want to refer you to a colleague since you have a lawyer already but just be wise and suggest my point to him... another way is to meet the court officials telling them you don’t really trust your lawyer so how can you speed things up as you need your house...

Feel free to inbox me should you encounter any isshh..

Hello,

Please do you handle cases that have to do with people borrowing money for business and not paying back
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by SocialJustice: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Oga you never jam
Relax, no be here I want talk plenty. Tenant no dey stubborn pass court. The worst is they will go away with rent owed but they must leave your property. Na Court go eject them with police, at that point they risk jail term if them rascal. I have first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Danisaint112(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
If you hadn't given them a quit notice all you just have to do is just to make an increment in their house rent and the park immediately.

Do it in a legal way by serving them a paper once they sign into this trust me they wouldn't want to spend a month there because the more time they waste the more money they pay.

You should endeavour to increase the price to something they can't meet up or catch up with.

E.g if they were paying 150k you could simply top the price 200k or 250k. They would zap with the speed of light.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by gassbee: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

Yes... We filled motions December last year and we have gotten judgement since February.
wao which state is dat
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by xjiggy: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ohyinyeah:
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....

Wetin Nigerians like na fear. Just go to native line in any market. Buy flat clay pot, 7 white chalks, some palm oil and a red candle. Go to a coffin maker. Tell them to make a small 2feet long coffin.... white in color. Then go to those guys that sell dog. Tell them you want the head and the blood. Pour the blood on the coffin and let it dry. Place the dog head in the flat pot, pour the oil in and surround the head with the seven white chalks. Go to the entrance to her flat. Place the coffin there with the clay pot at the foot of the coffin and the red candle at the head of the coffin. Light it and leave it. I bet you if she comes and meet such at her door mouth, she'll leave your house within a month.

NB. I'm a Christian. This is just scare tactics and my imagination running wild.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by o42austino(m): 4:05am On Mar 18, 2022
Ohyinyeah:

You have won already, if his not coming to court within small time the judge will rule in your favour. So chill, I am talking out of experience.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oracleforce: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
anyilalaz:

To buttress what is said, I have a form I do give out before I rent my house for any tenant.

In box me for a sample.

Not interested
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by DrinkWater10: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

So when should we contact you. Immediately the Tennant defaults in paying rent and we decide to evict or after exhausting the 6months quit notice (yearly Tennant)
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by OhiOfIhima: 10:16am On Mar 19, 2022
DrinkWater10:

So when should we contact you. Immediately the Tennant defaults in paying rent and we decide to evict or after exhausting the 6months quit notice (yearly Tennant)

It you have a good relationship with your tenant, you will know if he or she want to renew the rent, but once the tenant show reluctance, contact a solicitor to issue him or her a quit notice after the rentage must have elapsed. It can be immediately or as you wish.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ifakiland(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lightorder:
people are wicked oo. 3 years on someone’s house without paying? ok , you just climbed a roof of a house still being inhabited by someone either paying or not paying ? And there is a law and a court in that town? Oga , I will break part of the ceiling, lock the door and report that my 7.6 million and some relevant documents got missing. Whoever removed the roof should come and explain or would the landlord also deny that he knows nothing about the roof? My brother, whoever sells this removing roof idea, wants to land you into a huge mess. A fellow like me would so press you until you sell that house to pay debts if you should go that way
You can't say you have 7.6m in the house and still not pay your rent....the story will collapse on itself and also....who says its the landlord involved?? I'll pay guys to do it and travel the period.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Lightorder: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ifakiland:

You can't say you have 7.6m in the house and still not pay your rent....the story will collapse on itself and also....who says its the landlord involved?? I'll pay guys to do it and travel the period.
are you serious? Paying you is a choice. If you doubt me come and see my friends who count in several millions , big importers . They will never settle their tiny debts but would buy Venzas right there in your presence. They would invite you to every birthday but won’t pay you shi shi. If you take them to court, they will spend far more than what they owe you
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by QuinModah(f): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2022
Lightorder:
are you serious? Paying you is a choice. If you doubt me come and see my friends who count in several millions , big importers . They will never settle their tiny debts but would buy Venzas right there in your presence. They would invite you to every birthday but won’t pay you shi shi. If you take them to court, they will spend far more than what they owe you
Why you still friends with them?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by QuinModah(f): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2022
xjiggy:

Wetin Nigerians like na fear. Just go to native line in any market. Buy flat clay pot, 7 white chalks, some palm oil and a red candle. Go to a coffin maker. Tell them to make a small 2feet long coffin.... white in color. Then go to those guys that sell dog. Tell them you want the head and the blood. Pour the blood on the coffin and let it dry. Place the dog head in the flat pot, pour the oil in and surround the head with the seven white chalks. Go to the entrance to her flat. Place the coffin there with the clay pot at the foot of the coffin and the red candle at the head of the coffin. Light it and leave it. I bet you if she comes and meet such at her door mouth, she'll leave your house within a month.

NB. I'm a Christian. This is just scare tactics and my imagination running wild.
Lol?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Lightorder: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2022
QuinModah:
Why you still friends with them?
they are not my enemies, so they are just friends I don’t hang out with
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by QuinModah(f): 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lightorder:
they are not my enemies, so they are just friends I don’t hang out with
You don't know what you want
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Lightorder: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
QuinModah:
You don't know what you want
yes sir, I don’t know. Thank you
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2022
anyilalaz:

For all interest on sample rental form see attached!!!

Thanks!!!
Thank you
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2022
SocialJustice:
Relax, no be here I want talk plenty. Tenant no dey stubborn pass court. The worst is they will go away with rent owed but they must leave your property. Na Court go eject them with police, at that point they risk jail term if them rascal. I have first hand experience.
Thank you for this, what do you me by if them rascal?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by SocialJustice: 11:06am On Mar 26, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Thank you for this, what do you me by if them rascal?
You know there are some Nigerians that think they are emperors and bigger than Nigeria's judiciary. They see court representatives as stupid people they can disobey. But the reality is when they disobey and refuse to leave your property, the problem is now between them and the court. The next step is to get an injunction for contempt of court. They are on their way to jail.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by anyilalaz: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Thank you

You're welcome.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
wink
SocialJustice:
You know there are some Nigerians that think they are emperors and bigger than Nigeria's judiciary. They see court representatives as stupid people they can disobey. But the reality is when they disobey and refuse to leave your property, the problem is now between them and the court. The next step is to get an injunction for contempt of court. They are on their way to jail.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by DrinkWater10: 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

Thank you for the kind response. We re in the final stage of our tennanu case, our lawyer says that the Bailiff is demanding 60k thereabouts to come and evacuate our defaulting Tennant (1year+). Is this the norm?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
DrinkWater10:

Thank you for the kind response. We re in the final stage of our tennanu case, our lawyer says that magistrate is demanding 60k thereabouts to come and evacuate our defaulting Tennant (1year+). Is this the norm?
is 60k not too much
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

If you're actually in Lagos.... Tell ur lawyer to withdraw the case, then find us come, we go file a fresh motion on the matter. I promise you, whether the plaintiff get a counsel or not, you will get judgement with a vr short period of 2-3months highest.

Once we get the CTC, sheriff will throw him out immediately.
Let's discuss
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by DrinkWater10: 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oyindamolah:
is 60k not too much
That was what I said too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / Abuja's Amazing Construction Projects / Architectural Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.