Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

How Do I Eject This Tenant? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Eject This Tenant? (30604 Views)

How To I Eject This Tenant / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27am On Mar 17, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

What are preferable alternatives?

I am a lazy investor, I do portfolio Investments.

You can have commercial real estate Investments like shopping complexes, student hostels, warehouses, event centres, car park etc as retirement plan

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by OhiOfIhima: 5:31am On Mar 17, 2022
gassbee:
ctc means wat

Certified true copy (The judgement letter)
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Cutehector(m): 6:09am On Mar 17, 2022
Visit Bida in Nupe kingdom.

Your problems will be over cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Offpoint1: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2022
donbachi:
Some people are just been wicked to themselves,and feel they are doing someone else.

Land him no help u buy,block him no mould for u,woods him no buy and no kobo was contributed.
Op,changr am for am with 7 midnite prayers.and pray it like dis

1: Oh GOD arise and put confusion between(mention his/her name)with the lawyer
2: Ask GOD to destroy his source of income cos he/she has destroyed urs.
3: Ask GOD to give him/her a bigger pharaoh
4:Ask GOD to give him/her shame and disgrace in ur neighbourhood that will lead to his/her packing out.
5:Pray for such person to fall into the hands of fraudsters.

Pray with holy anger.
You're simply a joke, God is so petty that you need him to evict your tenant. What do you ignorance Christians took God for? An errand boy?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 6:43am On Mar 17, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

This can't happen in Lagos.

Residential rental property is not a good retirement plan, it can be frustrating when tenants don't pay
The OP said it is in Alimosho and what is the best retirement plan?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 6:45am On Mar 17, 2022
shocked
leo047:
Baba, I'm handling my dad properties and what I will advice you to use the court method, if him and is lawyer failed to appear in court just bribe and outsider and lawyer to represent them and the case will be fast..though you'll spend some money
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 6:47am On Mar 17, 2022
Subomi11:

Your lawyer is not doing the proper thing. He (your) Lawyer should apply for speedy trial and get the case concluded as soon as possible.

Tell him to file for an order mandating the said tenant to deposit all outstanding tenancy rent with the in an interest yielding account with the court Registrar. If your Lawyer know what he is doing that tenant will pay for all years used until he vacate the property. Even if he moves out the Court will order for seizure of all his property to augment the outstanding rent.
What if he doesn't have money in his account? What if the property is not up to the amount owed?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 6:49am On Mar 17, 2022
lextube:

Open his roof, tell both him and the court that you want to do renovation work on your property. Once he moves his belongings out of your house, make sure he doesn't move in again, and then you can ignore him at the court.
What if it's a ground floor?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 6:59am On Mar 17, 2022
Lightorder:
people are wicked oo. 3 years on someone’s house without paying? ok , you just climbed a roof of a house still being inhabited by someone either paying or not paying ? And there is a law and a court in that town? Oga , I will break part of the ceiling, lock the door and report that my 7.6 million and some relevant documents got missing. Whoever removed the roof should come and explain or would the landlord also deny that he knows nothing about the roof? My brother, whoever sells this removing roof idea, wants to land you into a huge mess. A fellow like me would so press you until you sell that house to pay debts if you should go that way
No mind these NLers who don't understand the landlord and tenant issues. Most of them typing that don't have a block

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Dhamio(m): 7:27am On Mar 17, 2022
The Justice court...Google it..
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by gassbee: 7:27am On Mar 17, 2022
Oyindamolah:
What if he doesn't have money in his account? What if the property is not up to the amount owed?
it does not matter as far as the court bailif ejects the tenant and all the available property of d tenant from d apartment
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 7:35am On Mar 17, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Where is it located please ?
Are you in Lagos? Visit the your local government
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 7:39am On Mar 17, 2022
anyilalaz:

To buttress what is said, I have a form I do give out before I rent my house for any tenant.

In box me for a sample.
Why not attached it to your signature so others can download it?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by lagosrd: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2022
abokikhalifa:

I love this, but who is judge funmi ?

Check her online on Facebook. It's a new court system in Lagos and to the best if my knowledge. It works
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by lagosrd: 7:45am On Mar 17, 2022
BigBashiru:

Criminal cases still need evidence...

My brother before you present evidence, you will first go on prison on short term. When the judge ask you guilty or not guilty, and you say not guilty hummmmm, na remand be that ooo and adjournment with bail according to the wisdom of the judge oo.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by 9gerian: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2022
Wicked but efficient! grin

makavell7:
one of my edo friends normally laugh whenever he hears that landlords in lagos are having a hard time ejecting defaulting tenants. he said at their family rental house in benin, if any tenant refuse to leave they quietly leave the person, very early the next morning two big pots would be ontop firewood cooking in his sitting room and two of the most devilish dwarfs he ever seen would be there beating drums and chanting evil spells. most defaulting tenants are so scared that they run and leave their property sef

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 8:04am On Mar 17, 2022
Dhamio:
The Justice court...Google it..
You think it that easy, it takes time before your case is heard on the show
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ahasco(m): 8:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Too many problem with irresponsible tenants. Violence is the only language they understand and force. No landlord waste time on these if any tenant default or tries to play smart. If that tenant is smart as he claims he should be making plans to leave the place by now. C'mon 3yrs is damn too much

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Verysmart101: 8:45am On Mar 17, 2022
Ixodes:

Why you no just tell him to go babalawo place ? all the evil prayer you don dey pray since dey born you which one God don answer?
Yr
Are u supporting the tenant to owe 3yrs rent? God let's d devil implement destruction if ur hands are not clean.Stop supporting evil
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by oshaosha2014(m): 8:46am On Mar 17, 2022
Your prayers shouldn't be against people for we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

donbachi:
Some people are just been wicked to themselves,and feel they are doing someone else.

Land him no help u buy,block him no mould for u,woods him no buy and no kobo was contributed.
Op,changr am for am with 7 midnite prayers.and pray it like dis

1: Oh GOD arise and put confusion between(mention his/her name)with the lawyer
2: Ask GOD to destroy his source of income cos he/she has destroyed urs.
3: Ask GOD to give him/her a bigger pharaoh
4:Ask GOD to give him/her shame and disgrace in ur neighbourhood that will lead to his/her packing out.
5:Pray for such person to fall into the hands of fraudsters.

Pray with holy anger.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Verysmart101: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2022
Czartrips:

Most stupid advice.. How do people think like this?

Do u support the tenants evil act?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Hedgefunds: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I am a lazy investor, I do portfolio Investments.

You can have commercial real estate Investments like shopping complexes, student hostels, warehouses, event centres, car park etc as retirement plan

Sir you no longer do Residential Real estate ?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Verysmart101: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2022
udejiga17:
Take him to Lagos state citizen mediation center… matter will be solve before you know it.. I have evacuated 3 of my tenant this way.. it absolutely free of charge .

The best advice ever

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by barristerbiodun(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2022
Since he is owing for more than a year, you should just issue him a 7 Days Owner's Intention to Recover Premises. At least I know that's what suffices in Lagos. Afterwards, you head to court. Consult a lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by harborlargy(m): 9:22am On Mar 17, 2022
Get a Carpenter to remove some the crucial nails used for the Roofs of her apartment while she is away. When a heavy wind blows and rain fall, she will move out herself. Pretend as nothing happens and be ready to repair the damages.
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Joeyfizzo: 9:33am On Mar 17, 2022
ValCon888:
Take off the roof and disconnect the light.
he will sue u n still win
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Joeyfizzo: 9:33am On Mar 17, 2022
Verysmart101:

The best advice ever
Good
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Dshocker(m): 10:05am On Mar 17, 2022
Juicewrld27:
you for justs serve am quit notice gee am 6 months to get a new place. If he defualts you roger mc olumo boys,them go hijack am comot your house in 2 seconds

Ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law,if you try such,the court will grant the person 5yrs rent free on that apartment...Guy try dey read ooooOh
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by SocialJustice: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2022
Hellonearth007:

Do u know if the tenant have a good lawyer too that can run the PR too?

Everything is not gra gra.
Settle the differences with the tenant so he will leave in peace
Tenants have rights in Nigeria too dont forget.

Check if u had any issues with him cos I see this as a pay back
I am a landlord, e no get wetin you want tell me.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Dshocker(m): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2022
Ohyinyeah:
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

The said tenant was owing over 1 years rent, not paying and not leaving.

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....

Only the court has the power to evict a tenant forcefully,be patient and follow due process
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2022
harborlargy:
Get a Carpenter to remove some the crucial nails used for the Roofs of her apartment while she is away. When a heavy wind blows and rain fall, she will move out herself. Pretend as nothing happens and be ready to repair the damages.
Are you thinking at all? Do you know how much it it to remove the roof?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Oyindamolah: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2022
SocialJustice:
I am a landlord, e no get wetin you want tell me.
Oga you never jam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) / Architectural Designs / Building Behind Zenith Bank In Lekki Currently On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.