Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires (14859 Views)

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Southern And Northern Kaduna Agree To Split Kaduna State At Constitution Review / American Lady Asked Difference Between Igbo & Yoruba- See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:01am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Yawnnn. Little boy, run along and debate your mates. I debated the meaning of those terms when you were in nappies.
Open a dictionary and check up the word empirical
Even in your dotage you should be able to manage that

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by juman(m): 5:02am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Not among the super rich class, the subject of discussion.

In wealth transfer within the super rich class, they are the worst, hence the lack of truly wealthy families and dynasties.

By wealthy families I mean wealthy families, NOT families with one very wealthy man in them. Those are not wealthy families.

Common!

Rosa, who are those wealthy families and dynasties in nigeria?
We dont have that kind of thing.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:03am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:
Say s the guy whining about being presumptively called Hausa
You have magically worked out my biography

That was based on my empirical observation!

The fact is this is an anonymous forum I will not indulge you by giving any biographical data but there is no basis for your assumption just your fragile ego

It's easy enough to tell you're a kid. Kids are always pedantic and quick to show us what they learnt at uni.

People like us have even forgotten we attended uni.

At any rate if you debated anything in 1940 or 1930 it is irrelevant .What matters is the quality of your "debates"

It is clear that you are incapable of any useful cerebral output
Whatever you came up with should remain in the dustbin where it rightly belongs

You need to return to the little rock you crawled out of like some recalcitrant ant.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mfetenang: 5:04am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

An Igbo man, if he travels with anyone, na him wife and maybe his kids. Finish.

More often than not, he just sneaks out alone.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by juman(m): 5:06am On Jul 19, 2021
I salute igbos that go to their villages and bring their people to city and train them their trade and latter established them.
That is treasure.

Igbos are fantastically fantastical.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mfetenang: 5:07am On Jul 19, 2021
Enyi,nobody owes you anything.
It is not the responsibility of another man who worked very hard for his money to feed you,go and speak to your politicians and ask them to tell the government to set up a proper welfare system so you can collect monthly allowances from the government if you're broke.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:10am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

That was based on my empirical observation!

It's easy enough to tell you're a kid. Kids are always pedantic and quick to show us what they learnt at uni.

People like us have even forgotten we attended uni.

You need to return to the little rock you crawled out of like some recalcitrant ant.

Pedantic? Says the joker who has time to slice copy and paste
three different quotes
You forgot you went to uni? Is that dotage?

You are the one throwing around words like quantitative and empirical which makes me ASSUME you went to uni.

If you did it was a complete waste

People do not forget such things

Those who understand what universities are about never leave. They remain engaged with universities for life especially in issues of research and problem solving
Education is not an event. It is lifelong

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:14am On Jul 19, 2021
juman:

Common!

Rosa, who are those wealthy families and dynasties in nigeria?
We dont have that kind of thing.

We have o..... Dantata, Dangote, Indimi, Abdulsamad Rabiu (a silent billionaire worth 3.5 billion dollars), Saraki, Babangida, Abacha, Danjuma. etc etc..... These are families in which EVERYONE IN THEM is stinking rich, from auntie to nephew to niece to distant cousin. It's like they all withdraw from the same account.

These families will continue to run things in Nigeria till Igbos wise up and build their own dynasties. Yorubas are kinda half way between Hausa-Fulanis and Igbos in terms of this generational intra-family wealth transfer and dynasty building.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:17am On Jul 19, 2021
juman:
I salute igbos that go to their villages and bring their people to city and train them their trade and latter established them.
That is treasure.

Igbos are fantastically fantastical.
grin
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:18am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:

Pedantic? Says the joker who has time to slice copy and paste
three different quotes
You forgot you went to uni? Is that dotage?

You are the one throwing around words like quantitative and empirical which makes me ASSUME you went to uni.

If you did it was a complete waste

People do not forget such things

Those who understand what universities are about never leave. They remain engaged with universities for life especially in issues of research and problem solving
Education is not an event. It is lifelong

Dude, you need to grow up. You so sound like a college kid.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Depressed101: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

you have little knowledge of the igbos, yet you talk like an open barrel of them.. Your obsession is on a high level,

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:24am On Jul 19, 2021
Mfetenang:
Enyi, nobody owes you anything.
It is not the responsibility of another man who worked very hard for his money to feed you,go and speak to your politicians and ask them to tell the government to set up a proper welfare system so you can collect monthly allowances from the government if you're broke.

Exactly. That is why you are marginalised and dominated. This primitive mentality that fails to realise that empowering those around you is empowering yourself and protecting your interests in the long run.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:24am On Jul 19, 2021
Depressed101:
you have little knowledge of the igbos, yet you talk like an open barrel of them.. Your obsession is on a high level,

You have no idea where I am from so STFU.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:29am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Dude, you need to grow up. You so sound like a college kid.
Most college kids are way more intelligent than you

You need to some making a fool of yourself online and stop talking ignorantly on issues you are ignorant of which would be almost everything

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:32am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:
Most college kids are way more intelligent than you

You need to some making a fool of yourself online and stop talking ignorantly on issues you are ignorant of which would be almost everything

Dude....here's a suggestion: Why not take a hike? Just get lost. You don't like what I do, and I think you're an insolent pile of shite. Leave it at that. You must be bored to keep exchanging words with people you don't care for. Just go away...
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:33am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Bro....here's a suggestion: Why not take a hike? Just get lost. You don't like what I do, and I think you're an insolent pile of shite. Leave it at that.
I do not allow myself to get emotional over ignoramuses. So liking or disliking is not something I indulge in

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:34am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:
I do not allow myself to get emotional over ignoramuses. So liking or disliking is not something I indulge in

Fine. Now get lost!!!!! Vamoose!!!!

Or should I use koboko to drive you?
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:36am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Exactly. That is why you are marginalised and dominated. This primitive mentality that fails to realise that empowering those around you is empowering yourself in the long run.

More ignorant rubbish
Without education there is no empowerment

IS the banditry evidence of empowerment?
Are yuu talking about empowerment to kidnap school children?
or failure to educate the girl child and marrying them off instead?

Is that your idea of empowerment?

Virtually every index of misery and poverty is among the highest in the world and you think that is something to celebrate?

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:38am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Fine. Now get lost!!!!! Vamoose!!!!

Or should I use koboko to drive you?
Almost funny

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by juman(m): 5:38am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

We have o..... Dantata, Dangote, Indimi, Abdulsamad Rabiu (a silent billionaire worth 3.5 billion dollars), Saraki, Babangida, Abacha, Danjuma. etc etc..... These are families in which EVERYONE IN THEM is stinking rich, from auntie to nephew to niece to distant cousin. It's like they all withdraw from the same account.

These families will continue to run things in Nigeria till Igbos wise up and build their own dynasties. Yorubas are kinda half way between Hausa-Fulanis and Igbos in terms of this generational intra-family wealth transfer and dynasty building.

All you mentioned I can see only one name, that is dantata.
The great grandfather of dangote.

Fact is dangote you see today is because of his romance and patronage of politicians.
I put abdulsamad under the same context.

The others you mentioned, were armed robbers that robbed the country of tens of billions of dollars.

Igbos that established their shop boys are by far better than them.
By the way, I read that igbos have more than seventy percent of the houses in abuja.
Probably lagos the same.

But igbos have to develop their home region because one nigeria is a shaky union.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:41am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Exactly. That is why you are marginalised and dominated. This primitive mentality that fails to realise that empowering those around you is empowering yourself and protecting your interests in the long run.

Since you conclude that "Hausa -Fulani" are 95% of the super rich in the North then presumably they are also the most "empowered"

All the data show the opposite

The Yoruba in Kwara and Kogi remain the best educated in the North?

Remember the PRESSID scholarship scheme?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:42am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:

More ignorant rubbish
Without education there is no empowerment

IS the banditry evidence of empowerment?
Are yuu talking about empowerment to kidnap school children?
or failure to educate the girl child and marrying them off instead?

Is that your idea of empowerment?

Virtually every index of misery and poverty is among the highest in the world and you think that is something to celebrate?

What is this one saying?

Go and READ all my posts before talking. The angle of persisting poverty in the north has been addressed, and the peculiar reasons for that given. This debate is about POWER, and leverage, not about the 'economic conditions of the masses.'

This is what happens when you arrogantly interject in a debate without objectivity.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:43am On Jul 19, 2021
juman:

All you mentioned I can see only one name, that is dantata.
The great grandfather of dangote.

Fact is dangote you see today is because of his romance and patronage of politicians.
I put abdulsamad under the same context.

The others you mentioned, were armed robbers that robbed the country of tens of billions of dollars.

Igbos that established their shop boys are by far better than them.
By the way, I read that igbos have more than seventy percent of the houses in abuja.
Probably lagos the same.

But igbos have to develop their home region because one nigeria is a shaky union.
Lagos is 90% Ibo owned

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

What is this one saying?

Go and READ all my posts. The angle of persisting poverty in the north has been addressed, and the peculiar reasons for that given. This debate is about POWER, and leverage, not about the 'economic conditions of the masses.'

This is what happens when you arrogantly interject in a debate without objectivity.
I just responded to your post on "empowerment".
Did anyone write it for you?

You said that the North empowers people but Ibos don't

How do you define empowerment?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:46am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:

Since you conclude that "Hausa -Fulani" are 95% of the super rich in the North then presumably they are also the most "empowered"

All the data show the opposite

The Yoruba in Kwara and Kogi remain the best educated in the North?

Remember the PRESSID scholarship scheme?

Empowerment in the context I'm speaking refers to POLITICAL empowerment. You need to read the thread from the start.

Political empowerment flows from elite dominance. If the northern elite control the nation to an untoward degree, you counter them by raising your elite's financial profile, to challenge that dominance. You raise that profile by expanding and consolidating your elite, and that is done through far more generous apportionment of wealth to their relatives and close kinsmen than is presently the case.

It is a slow process, but over years and decades, it becomes a really big deal in terms of gaining national influence over other players.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:50am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Empowerment in the context I'm speaking refers to POLITICAL empowerment. You need to read the thread from the start.
What has political empowerment got to do with millionaires?

Is Dangote a politician?

Who has he empowered politically and how did he do that?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by FreeIgbos: 5:52am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

While you keep displaying your illiteracy and bushness.

I believe the world should be 'ignorance'.
. wink

You're such an almajiri illiterate who got hold of a cheap chinko phone.

Imagine who is trying to correct someone yet wrote world instead of word grin grin

"I believe the world word should be 'ignorance'"

If you're not an unfortunate almajiri whose brain is totally messed up, you will never in your life compare Hausas or Fulanis with Igbos in terms of wealth transfer, community development and self help. You're only making a mockery of yourself. If Hausas and fulanis engage in just 10% of what Igbos do to help themselves, Northern Nigeria won't be in such sorry state today as the world's most miserable region. You're not even ashamed to compare a rotten region that is globally recognized as the poverty capital of the world, a place where over 10 million children are out of school, a place that has totally collapsed and is now a hotbed of terrorism due to donkey years of irresponsible lifestyle.

Shame on you for disgracing yourself and embarrassing Northerners by opening this self mocking thread!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 5:57am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:

What has political empowerment got to do with millionaires?

Absolutely everything.

The more sensible question would be ''What have millionaires to do with political empowerment?''

To which again, the answer is ''everything'', unless you don't know about Nigeria.

Is Dangote a politician?

Who has he empowered politically and how did he do that?

This is silly. Dangote could decide himself to run for president tomorrow and he'd win! Who doesn't know him? He's widely admired and respected by Nigerians. He is the very epitome of generational, dynastic family wealth leading to political dominance. Wealth generationally transferred from Dantata many decades ago, down to Aliko!
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 5:57am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Political empowerment flows from elite dominance. If the northern elite control the nation to an untoward degree, you counter them by raising your elite's financial profile, to challenge that dominance.

See the quality of your mind

Very incoherent reasoning

How do millionaires in the north empower the political class that Ibos fail to do?

How do the North control anything more than the south?

The entire cultural direction of Nigeria is the south

The music the media, The internet and the entire cultural signature or Nigeria is southern.

education the stock exchange The capital market the banks

I do not recognize this picture of dominance you are painting
Lagos remains the dominant centre in Nigeria not Kano

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 6:00am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Absolutely everything.

The more sensible question would be ''What have millionaires to do with political empowerment?''

To which again, the answer is ''everything'', unless you don't know about Nigeria.

This is silly. Dangote could decide himself to run for president tomorrow and he'd win! Who doesn't know him? He's widely admired and respected by Nigerians. He is the very epitome of generational, dynastic family wealth leading to political dominance. Wealth generationally transferred from Dantata many decades ago, down to Aliko!

Explain HOW millionaires empower in the North that Ibos have failed to do

Stop making speeches and answer simple questions

What can Ibos millionaire learn that they are not doing

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Rugaria: 6:01am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

The fact that this thread was left hanging here for almost 24 hours now with traumatized tribal supremacists, unloading endlessly on the Igbo, for no other reason, other than that their village pride has been injured at Oba, tells you all you need to know about the vicious Mods that run the affairs of this place. You guys will destroy here with your primitive hate one of these days. It hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen..
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:
See the quality of your mind

Very incoherent reasoning

How do millionaires in the north empower the political class that Ibos fail to do?

How do the North control anything more than the south?

The entire cultural direction of Nigeria is the south

The music the media, The internet and the entire cultural signature or Nigeria is southern.

education the stock exchange The capital market the banks

I do not recognize this picture of dominance you are painting
Lagos remains the dominant centre in Nigeria not Kano

Are you a foreigner?

Has the abiding cry in Nigeria not been of ''northern domination'' since the 1960s?

Of Igbo political marginalisation?

Have you heard of the Kaduna Mafia?

Even today people are talking of breaking up the country because they can't stand the dominance of the Hausa-Fulanis and their president!

You must be from a different country, not Nigeria. The north are in political control, and even when Jonathan was in power, there was always that sense that he wasn't quite the power behind the throne... You can CHANGE THAT by strengthening your elite power in the south-east and south in general, so that when a southerner is president, he is REALLY president, not some agreeable-to-the-northern-elite stooge like OBJ and Jonathan.

How do you strengthen your elite power? By creating powerful family dynasties that band together to act in their interests. In creating such dynasties, there is no room for ''I struggled for my money so go and struggle for yours''. Mba. That is not the way. That individualism must be thrown out the window. With it, you can never challenge the dominance of the Kaduna Mafia, and other northern elite power brokers.

Ten Alhajis, all millionaires, some related, walk into a room to negotiate, versus one Igbo millionaire businessman with a retinue of twenty hangers-on and broke ass assistants, who will dominate the other?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall / Onnoghen Should Resign – Lawyers / Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.