Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering (31289 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Techguy96(m): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Islam and Christianity have never been and will never be one has the same...so let's dispense with that lie. undecided

They don't even worship the same God for one to claim to be s child of another. undecided
You have a lot of reading to do. Why do u think both are called Abrahamic religion.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 7:45am On Jul 21, 2021
Techguy96:

You have a lot of reading to do. Why do u think both are called Abrahamic religion.
A lot of reading of what though? The fact that they tell conflicting stories of God? undecided
And rather than conclude that God is some mentally challenged Celestial with a Dissociative identity, it is much easier and saner to conclude instead that the Allah of Islam is not God of Christianity. undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Slurity(m): 7:53am On Jul 21, 2021
Ishilove:
This submission from Hymar Idibie David encapsulates my thoughts.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4384095461629254&id=100000865297273
it's not only about the letter, it is about the mail he claimed he got prior to receiving the letter that the issues of not meeting up in terms s of money was mentioned. Stop defending what is obvious. How many disciples did Jesus send away for such? Even Judas that was to reveal him to his killer's was still kept among the loved. It is totally about more members and more money that they were sacked, just thinks about this, will they sack them if the members are few but money coming from the church is huge? The answer is capital NO.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by akanbiaa(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2021
Business center or not ,fake religion or not ,what I know is that Apostle Chinyere of OPM Omega Power Ministry will never release his pastors of their duties and make them vacate their accommodation and put their family in state of pain. If their performance is below expectation why can't the superior pastors come even if its for a month and lead by example and show them errors of their ways and guide them ? Any person that gives you a way of life and also adds shelter and other basic amenities to it and gives free education ,hospital and other amenities from offerings and tithes cannot be on same level with those who deny even their own members that are poor such rights and charge very high charges and buy private jets and other personal things for enjoyment of general overseer. In summary everyone should revert to a religion that practically embodies peace and reform themselves from the inside out and be kind and good to all knowing fully well they will be judged by their Creator.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Agajn...It is Ok that they claim to worship the same God but the fact is unless God is some sort of mentally-challenged Celestial with a dissociative identity , muslims and Christians cannot be said to worship the same God.

The same goes for Muslims and Jews ... it cannot be the case that they worship the same God. For Pete's sake either God chose Ismael or Isaac but not both, right?

So the God that chose Isaac is the God of the Jews, whereas the one that instead chose Ishmael is Allah...God of the Muslims..

This isnt rocket science.

This is embarrassingly dumb. Just dumb. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Image123(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2021
Techguy96:

I'm not concerned, I'm just stating the fact

Your post shows concern. Mind your business.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2021
malcom1X:
What does bearing of fruits mean?

Is it winning souls for Christ or getting converts for your church?

Bearing fruits means neither. It means growing as a Christian and attaining exhibiting traits that show you've been saved. But dodgy "men of God" have twisted it to mean bringing people to church.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

OK, what about those who died before Christ?

What is their fate?

Those who died before Christ will be judged based on d commandments God gave them. At least , Abraham was before Christ, Moses was , Elijah was, John the Baptist was, Daniel was, David was , Solomon nd so on...
God gave them the law to walk by it.

Even Righteous men who died before Christ didn't go to heaven straight except for Elijah, Enoch, whom God took them off the earth.

If u read d case of the Rich nd poor Lazarus very well, u will know that Abraham bosom were d Righteous men who died before Christ were wasn't far from hell.
Bcuz d rich man that died could see nd recognized the poor man Lazarus nd was even pleading with father Abraham to sent d man to give him water.

When Jesus Christ resurrected he preached salvation to the Righteous men in Abraham bosom or paradise as some call it.

Even when Jesus Christ was about to die, he told d thief that tonight u shall meet me in paradise, but the Bible made us to understand that Jesus Christ didn't go to heaven immediately he died, he went to hell first. He resurrected on the 3rd day.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by ProGSM(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
Take it or leave it the Pastor that came on social media to report his stupidity needs to have his calling examined.

There is nothing wrong with the action taken by Winners.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Techguy96(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

Your post shows concern. Mind your business.
NO
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Those who died before Christ will be judged based on d commandments God gave them. At least , Abraham was before Christ, Moses was , Elijah was, John the Baptist was, Daniel was, David was , Solomon nd so on...
God gave them the law to walk by it.

Even Righteous men who died before Christ didn't go to heaven straight except for Elijah, Enoch, whom God took them off the earth.

If u read d case of the Rich nd poor Lazarus very well, u will know that Abraham bosom were d Righteous men who died before Christ were wasn't far from hell.
Bcuz d rich man that died could see nd recognized the poor man Lazarus nd was even pleading with father Abraham to sent d man to give him water.

When Jesus Christ resurrected he preached salvation to the Righteous men in Abraham bosom or paradise as some call it.

Even when Jesus Christ was about to die, he told d thief that tonight u shall meet me in paradise, but the Bible made us to understand that Jesus Christ didn't go to heaven immediately he died, he went to hell first. He resurrected on the 3rd day.

There are uncontacted tribes.

Among which we have tribes leaving in involuntary isolation.

They have never heard about Christ.

What will happen to them when they die?
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
The pastor sef is a bad person. If he wasn’t sacked, will he come out to expose his church like this?.

Let all of them getat.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 5:37am On Jul 22, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

There are uncontacted tribes.

Among which we have tribes leaving in involuntary isolation.

They have never heard about Christ.

What will happen to them when they die?

God is Righteous.
They will be judge based on the life they live.
" He that doeth Righteously is Righteous".

U will be surprised that if even salvation is preached to their spirits , some will still reject it.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by caesymore(m): 11:26am On Jul 22, 2021
That has been my exact thought.
Righteousness2:
The only Abnormal thing in the whole thing is the Pastor who came out on social media to Rant.

Pastors are regularly taken out and replaced from stations. It is worrisome that a Pastor comes out on social media to complain. I really can't understand the kind of things that happen in these Endtimes. I Believe someone misled the young man.

A Pastor who knows and understands his call, will not do this.
A Pastor who knows and Understands his position will invest himself more in the work of GOD and take his matter to GOD. Your calling does not end on Pulpit.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

God is Righteous.
They will be judge based on the life they live.
" He that doeth Righteously is Righteous".

U will be surprised that if even salvation is preached to their spirits , some will still reject it.

But the same God said He would show mercy to whom He pleases.

My brother, don't assume that you can ever figure God out.

You think salvation is useless without mankind.

But I am telling you that only God can make that statement.

He named the Sabbath for both mankind and animals.

Perhaps, based on our limited human thinking, stones don't have life and need not be saved.

But you would be surprised at the extent of God's powers.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jaxxy(m): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2021
adebayo201:

The Pastor probably wants to hire an online barrister if the law who won't charge him much...

Moreso, they need people who are online's sympathy. They will share half baked story and leave you to finish the rest from your end.

We go dey alright last last.

When u hire a pastor like ure hiring a banker what do u expect? Performance? Is a pastor supposed to be hired and paid salary?

When did being a pastor become a job that u employ and pay them? Where did u even get that doctrine from? Why won’t the church be in a mess when they have deviated from what it means to be a pastor, shepherd to Smtn else entirely.

Did Jesus say follow me and I will pay u fat salary? Or follow me and I will make u fishers of men?

Was apostle paul collecting salary? I don’t know how u do the wrong thing and expect the right outcome. The church is now a business center mixed with spiritual things or even spiritual mombo jumbo.

Now sm1 is asking why the pastor went to social media to complain. Lol why won’t he go u employed his services and terminated it and he is unhappy with it like any disgruntled worker.

The modem church model wrong and prone to alot of corruption. People are serving mammon not God.

Righteousness2:
The only Abnormal thing in the whole thing is the Pastor who came out on social media to Rant.

Pastors are regularly taken out and replaced from stations. It is worrisome that a Pastor comes out on social media to complain. I really can't understand the kind of things that happen in these Endtimes. I Believe someone misled the young man.

And to the op the A to Z about the church is now tithe and offerings unless u want to lie to urself. Without tithe and offering it is assumed the church cannot function. I wonder if Jesus collected tithes and offerings from people.

A Pastor who knows and understands his call, will not do this.
A Pastor who knows and Understands his position will invest himself more in the work of GOD and take his matter to GOD. Your calling does not end on Pulpit.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
jaxxy:

When u hire a pastor like ure hiring a banker what do u expect? Performance? Is a pastor supposed to be hired and paid salary?

When did being a pastor become a job that u employ and pay them? Where did u even get that doctrine from? Why won’t the church be in a mess when they have deviated from what it means to be a pastor, shepherd to Smtn else entirely.

Did Jesus day follow me and I will pay u fat salary? Or follow me and I will make u fishers of men?

Was apostle paul collecting salary? I don’t know how u do the wrong thing and expect the right outcome. The church is now a business center mixed with spiritual things or even spiritual mombo jumbo.

Now sm1 is asking why the pastor went to social media to complain. Lol why won’t he go u employed his services and terminated it and he is unhappy with it like any disgruntled worker.

The modem church model wrong and prone to alot of corruption. People are serving mammon not God.

That is yet one of so many indicators , red flag even, indicating these churches, and their pastors, were never of God to begin with. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jaxxy(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is yet one of so many indicators , red flag even, indicating these churches, and their pastors, were never of God to begin with. undecided

They cud be of God bt made mistakes as humans. If u check the original or head pastor doesn’t pay himself salary or atleast didn’t enter into it as a job bt then he goes on to employ others to work under him not with him as employees based on a job description. That is where they err. A pastor should be called not employed on or because of a salary.

It is not scriptural in my veiw. I don’t know where they got that made made model from. Bt in modern Christianity, Christians don’t read the Bible to ask the right questions most just follow the dogmas without even understanding it 1st.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
jaxxy:

They cud be of God bt made mistakes as humans. If u check the original or head pastor doesn’t pay himself salary or atleast didn’t enter into it as a job bt then he goes on to employ others to work under him not with him as employees based on a job description. That is where they err. A pastor should be called not employed on or because of a salary.

It is not scriptural in my veiw. I don’t know where they got that made made model from. Bt in modern Christianity, Christians don’t read the Bible to ask the right questions most just follow the dogmas without even understanding it 1st.
What you describe is not the case especially with God whose standards, we sometimes forget, are higher than that of men. undecided

Jesus Christ said by their fruits you shall know them - mind you the fruits Jesus Christ continously taught of are fruits of confidence to God's Law. That which does not produce obedience of God's Law is against God. And it is impossible to be against God and for God at the same time. undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jaxxy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What you describe is not the case especially with God whose standards, we sometimes forget, are higher than that of men. undecided

Jesus Christ said by their fruits you shall know them - mind you the fruits Jesus Christ continously taught of are fruits of confidence to God's Law. That which does not produce obedience of God's Law is against God. And it is impossible to be against God and for God at the same time. undecided

My 1st point was pastors or shepherds should be called. The G.O ‘s most case who start or founded the church were called. Others under him were employed not particularly called especially those collecting salaries.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
jaxxy:

My 1st point was pastors or shepherds should be called. The G.O ‘s most case who start or founded the church were called. Others under him were employed not particularly called especially those collecting salaries.
1. Called by Whom? Who called your GOs?

Jesus Christ came to call everyone to become His disciples, not Pastors. He never said He came to call anyone separate from others. So where does this call your pastors speak of come from? undecided

2. If we are to assume your GOs are "called" of God, why do they, all of them, then go to doing that which is more in line with this world and not God? undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jaxxy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Called by Whom? Who called your GOs?

Jesus Christ came to call everyone to become His disciples, not Pastors. He never said He came to call anyone separate from others. So where does this call your pastors speak of come from? undecided

2. If we are to assume your GOs are "called" of God, why do they, all of them, then go to doing that which is more in line with this world and not God? undecided

U are correct in a way. God doesn’t call anyone specially anymore like in the Old Testament. He just uses any will person or volunteer. The idea of volunteering is what i termed as call.

Also a pastor is just a guide or help or coordinator a developer not a sole authority like we have know where see pastors as untouchable demi gods who’s instruction is law. I don’t understand modern Christianity model anymore. It’s like men of God are taking undue advantage of the people and the people are playing sheep. Bt we are all sheep’s even the pastor and Jesus is the only shepherd or the main shepherd.

Now most of these pastors have lost the humility of Christ and become Smtn else ooo. Like they own the church now not Jesus. It’s ridiculous.

That’s what happens when u hire pastors. U become a boss not a pastor.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
jaxxy:

U are correct in a way. God doesn’t call anyone specially anymore like in the Old Testament. He just uses any will person or volunteer. The idea of volunteering is what i termed as call.

Also a pastor is just a guide or help or coordinator a developer not a sole authority like we have know where see pastors as untouchable demi gods who’s instruction is law. I don’t understand modern Christianity model anymore. It’s like men of God are taking undue advantage of the people and the people are playing sheep. Bt we are all sheep’s even the pastor and Jesus is the only shepherd or the main shepherd.

Now most of these pastors have lost the humility of Christ and become Smtn else ooo. Like they own the church now not Jesus. It’s ridiculous.

That’s what happens when u hire pastors. U become a boss not a pastor.
See, but God never called anyone to act as guide, help or coordinator... everyone is called a servant to serve the Will of the Master. The one and only Shepherd, Teacher, Helper, Guide, Counselor, Comforter, Authority/Leader and Father in this direct agreement called Jesus Christ tha exists between God and the individual is God Himself (through Jesus Christ and the Spirit of God). No man has authority, given him by God, to step in between God and His own. undecided

Your pastors can not loose what they never had to begin with and Jesus Christ warned severely of these wolves in sheep's clothing. Our humility is meant to be to God and not to be displayed for the eyes of men to see. But your pastors openly fleece God's sheep in the name of God and you talk of humility? undecided

There is no such thing as modern Christianity for Jesus Christ, God's Law, remains immutable - He is an eternal unchangeable contract that remains the same as He was even 2000 years ago and just as valid as He will be through eternity. undecided

So let's not be decieved by the gimmicks of mere men simply because the name of God is mentioned by them every so often. The same scripture these men read is the very same God has made available to all men, calling them all to come and serve Him and Him alone as a servant would a Master. undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jaxxy(m): 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
See, but God never called anyone to act as guide, help or coordinator... everyone is called a servant to serve the Will of the Master. The one and only Shepherd, Teacher, Helper, Guide, Counselor, Comforter, Authority/Leader and Father in this direct agreement called Jesus Christ tha exists between God and the individual is God Himself (through Jesus Christ and the Spirit of God). No man has authority, given him by God, to step in between God and His own. undecided

Your pastors can not loose what they never had to begin with and Jesus Christ warned severely of these wolves in sheep's clothing. Our humility is meant to be to God and not to be displayed for the eyes of men to see. But your pastors openly fleece God's sheep in the name of God and you talk of humility? undecided

There is no such thing as modern Christianity for Jesus Christ, God's Law, remains immutable - He is an eternal unchangeable contract that remains the same as He was even 2000 years ago and just as valid as He will be through eternity. undecided

So let's not be decieved by the gimmicks of mere men simply because the name of God is mentioned by them every so often. The same scripture these men read is the very same God has made available to all men, calling them all to come and serve Him and Him alone as a servant would a Master. undecided

We are to edify and encourage one another. I think that’s what pastors are trying to do bt they have taken advantage of a wrong system.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
jaxxy:

We are to edify and encourage one another. I think that’s what pastors are trying to do bt they have taken advantage of a wrong system.
We are to edify and encourage one another, how so?. undecided

If I have God Almighty Himself living on the inside of me, controlling me, comforting me, guiding and directing me, counseling me even... of what value do you think or believe the edification of others will serve me?. undecided

Your pastors were never called by God to doing any what they do let alone that which you think they are trying to do so of what good are efforts that are not born of God to the things of God? undecided

They created the wrong system and are simply continuing to use it to fleece God's sheep, and establish their own kingdoms in much the same way the Pharisees and Priests of the Old Covenant did using God's people. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More / Why I Refused To Speak Out On Killings In Nigeria — Pastor Adeboye / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.