Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering (31316 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Techguy96(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Baba you're just a clueless dreamer who is living in a drug-induced delusion. Christianity has survived attacks of persecution, atheism and LGBTQ from time immemorial. And it will continue to do so and grow stronger irrespective of whatever rubbish you unbelievers come up with. So get used to it being around.
Christians are the attackers, read history. Read about the crusaders.

There was never a timeline where atheist attack Christians, it's always Christians attacking atheist and scientist.

Only recently Muslim started attacking Christians and obviously Muslim is just a worst version of Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Techguy96(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
Image123:

You should be more concerned about you that can't survive the next 200 years.
So, it's not like u will, we both be non existent by then
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Techguy96:

Christians are the attackers, read history. Read about the crusaders.

There was never a timeline where atheist attack Christians, it's always Christians attacking atheist and scientist.

Only recently Muslim started attacking Christians and obviously Muslim is just a worst version of Christianity.
You want to pretend now that you are not aware of a similar history of Islam? undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Techguy96(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You want to pretend now that you are not aware of a similar history of Islam? undecided
See I view Islam n Christianity are one n the same, Islam is a child of Christianity that got out of control.
Y'all are bunch of fanatics
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by basybasy: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:
This submission from Hymar Idibie David encapsulates my thoughts.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4384095461629254&id=100000865297273
Business venture
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by IsaacEtieno(m): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
@Op you've successfully solved my puzzle. I had an inkling that it won't just be because of financial returns that they were removed cos it practically didn't make sense to me.

Also, coming to social media platforms to wail and call out the church as the pastor did was totally uncalled for. What exactly does he stand to gain? They removed you from church position, have you been removed from God's position? Maturity is clearly missing in his dictionary and I can't imagine how he's been leading a congregation if he's not mature
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Techguy96:

See I view Islam n Christianity are one n the same, Islam is a child of Christianity that got out of control.
Y'all are bunch of fanatics
Islam and Christianity have never been and will never be one has the same...so let's dispense with that lie. undecided

They don't even worship the same God for one to claim to be s child of another. undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Islam and Christianity have never been and will never be one has the same...so let's dispense with that lie. undecided

They don't even worship the same God for one to claim to be s child of another. undecided

Christianity and Islam are both Abrahamic religions who worship the same deity. On this very day, Muslims are celebrating Eid El Kabir to commemorate the obedience and submission of Abraham to the will of God/Allah, manifested in his willingness to sacrifice his own son at the direction of his god. Just because you dislike another faith doesn't mean you have to slander it with falsehoods. Christians only worship a different god if the god you worship is not the god of Abraham (who incidentally was a genocidally violent, vengeful god in the Jewish Torah).
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Christianity and Islam are both Abrahamic religions who worship the same deity. On this very day, Muslims are celebrating Eid El Kabir to commemorate the obedience and submission of Abraham to the will of God/Allah, manifested in his willingness to sacrifice his own son at the direction of his god.
Just because you dislike another faith doesn't mean you have to slander it with falsehoods.

Christians only worship a different god if the god you worship is not the god of Abraham (who incidentally was a genocidally violent, vengeful god in the Jewish Torah).
Again even though Islam claims to have the same root as Christianity, in the story of Abraham, they do not worship the same God. undecided

This is has nothing to do with dislike but careful consideration of the differences between the beliefs in question. undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again even though Islam claims to have the same root as Christianity, in the story of Abraham, they do not worship the same God. undecided

This is has nothing to do with dislike but careful consideration of the differences between the beliefs in question. undecided

They don't "claim" anything about Christianity. They are not attaching themselves to you. They simply claim to worship the God of Abraham. Simple. If Christians don't worship the god of Abraham, then you obviously worship a different god. But if you claim as a Christian to worship the god of Abraham, then yes, you worship the same god as Muslims. The difference in beliefs is irrelevant. There are massive differences in beliefs between Jews and Christians, but no sane person would deny that Christians worship the God of the Hebrews/Israel/Jews.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

They don't "claim" anything about Christianity. They are not attaching themselves to you. They simply claim to worship the God of Abraham. Simple. If Christians don't worship the god of Abraham, then you obviously worship a different god. But if you claim as a Christian to worship the god of Abraham, then yes, you worship the same god as Muslims. The difference in beliefs is irrelevant. There are massive differences in beliefs between Jews and Christians, but no sane person would deny that Christians worship the God of the Hebrews/Israel/Jews.
It is Ok that they claim to worship the same God but the fact is unless God is some sort of mentally-challenged Celestial with a dissociative identity , muslims and Christians cannot be said to worship the same God. undecided

The same goes for Muslims and Jews ... it cannot be the case that they worship the same God. For Pete's sake either God chose Ismael or Isaac but not both, right? undecided

So the God that chose Isaac is the God of the Jews, whereas the one that instead chose Ishmael is Allah...God of the Muslims.. undecided

This isnt rocket science. undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Stop insulting our intelligence, which is bear fruit?
Are the pastors farmers?
This in not the 80s, bear fruit means bring offerings and tithes, simple.
You are posted to a church to get collections, you have collections target, if you don't meet up you re fired.
Stop taking panadol for another persons head ache.
This is why we cant have genuine pastors again, because of revenue target.

Why should a church employ accountants and auditors?

If you don't trust your pastor, why should I worship at your church.
Christians need to stop being stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by CrestMan: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
Vireani79:

And u too

If and when you want me to reconnect you to him, let me know. Thank you
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
quentin06:
Are the pastors farmers?

You are posted to a church to get collections, you have collections target, if you don't meet up you re fired.

no mind them ! undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is Ok that they claim to worship the same God but the fact is unless God is some sort of mentally-challenged Celestial with a dissociative identity , muslims and Christians cannot be said to worship the same God. undecided

The same goes for Muslims and Jews ... it cannot be the case that they worship the same God. For Pete's sake either God chose Ismael or Isaac but not both, right? undecided

So the God that chose Isaac is the God of the Jews, whereas the one that instead chose Ishmael is Allah...God of the Muslims.. undecided

You mean the vengeful, genocidal, mass-murdering maniac in the Old Testament of your Christian Bible? Sure. I guess your description fits him. That's exactly the god that all Abrahamic faiths worship.
"Allah" is not the name of a god. It's simply the Arabic language translation of "god". From the standpoint of an atheist like me, I'm amused you think your god and your faith is any less deranged than Islam. But each to their own delusions.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

You mean the vengeful, genocidal, mass-murdering maniac in the Old Testament of your Christian Bible? Sure. I guess your description fits him. That's exactly the god that all Abrahamic faiths worship.
"Allah" is not the name of a god. It's simply the Arabic language translation of "god". From the standpoint of an atheist like me, I'm amused you think your god and your faith is any less deranged than Islam. But each to their own delusions.
Pay attention...
Kobojunkie:

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Image123(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
Techguy96:

So, it's not like u will, we both be non existent by then

Exactly why we should not be so concerned about christianity being out of extinction in 1000years. We are going out far before it if Jesus tarries.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention...

Pay attention

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Pay attention
Agajn...It is Ok that they claim to worship the same God but the fact is unless God is some sort of mentally-challenged Celestial with a dissociative identity , muslims and Christians cannot be said to worship the same God.

The same goes for Muslims and Jews ... it cannot be the case that they worship the same God. For Pete's sake either God chose Ismael or Isaac but not both, right?

So the God that chose Isaac is the God of the Jews, whereas the one that instead chose Ishmael is Allah...God of the Muslims..

This isnt rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by J2381: 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hmmm. I'm right after all.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Vireani79: 1:01am On Jul 21, 2021
CrestMan:

Let's connect

Chat me up
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by greygoblings(m): 1:25am On Jul 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
The only Abnormal thing in the whole thing is the Pastor who came out on social media to Rant.

Pastors are regularly taken out and replaced from stations. It is worrisome that a Pastor comes out on social media to complain. I really can't understand the kind of things that happen in these Endtimes. I Believe someone misled the young man.

A Pastor who knows and understands his call, will not do this.
A Pastor who knows and Understands his position will invest himself more in the work of GOD and take his matter to GOD. Your calling does not end on Pulpit.

You are funny sha, even me I confuse. If his calling was from God why was he employed and sacked by the church? Was it God that sacked him? Abeg, all this church matter na business. The guy no grow him congregation, hence, no offerings and tithes. That's why he was sacked...
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by greygoblings(m): 1:28am On Jul 21, 2021
quentin06:
Are the pastors farmers?

Spot on
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Vireani79: 2:42am On Jul 21, 2021
CrestMan:

Let's connect

Chat me
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:18am On Jul 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Check the bolded.

Nothing is absolute with God.

Salvation is not useless without mankind.

Salvation is absolute with God.
If u don't accept salvation, u go to hell nd lake of fire.
There are no two ways about. That's absolute.
He gave mankind his only son for u to see how serious d issue is with God, no other way around it. Accept it or not
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:28am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Like I said...This was never about salvation, but instead about your claim that Jesus Christ's commandment, as given to those already saved, to go preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world is about the numbers. undecided

Stop deviating and instead Try to keep up! undecided

Jesus Christ's commandments end with salvation. Everything Jesus Christ asked Christian to do ends with salvation bcuz that was d ultimate goal of Jesus coming to die.
From love ur neighbors to everything he said, salvation is d ultimate goal.
If salvation is meant for mankind, then numbers is very important to Jesus Christ.
Why would Jesus Christ died if number of sons bringing back to God wasn't important.
Hell nd lake of fire wasn't made for mankind, but for d devil nd his falling angels. Mankind is a free will being nd u should what u want, God doesn't enforce anything on mankind.
If d whole world believe in Jesus Christ today nd accept him as their Lord nd Saviour, they will be saved.
Why do u pray for people to get salvation if u already have d mindset that few were already chosen?
God plans is that all men should come to the knowledge of the gospel nd be saved.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:34am On Jul 21, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Salvation is absolute with God.
If u don't accept salvation, u go to hell nd lake of fire.
There are no two ways about. That's absolute.
He gave mankind his only son for u to see how serious d issue is with God, no other way around it. Accept it or not

OK, what about those who died before Christ?

What is their fate?
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by LordPherule(m): 6:34am On Jul 21, 2021
Tested and Trusted!

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by CrestMan: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2021
Vireani79:

Let's connect

Chat me

You will hear from me soon

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by livingchrist: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2021
prekumohtim:

A fig tree was cursed for not bearing fruit despite that it was not in its season. The fig tree could have had a lot of excuse if it were a human cos it was not its season . Yet the Master cursed it not willing to entertain excuses. Have you read about the parables of the The Talents, and what the Master said to the one who couldn't produce fruit ?
Matthew 25:14
Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard

man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: {25:25} And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, [there] thou hast [that is] thine. {25:26} His lord answered and said unto him, [Thou] wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: {25:27} Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and [then] at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. {25:28} Take therefore the talent from him, and give [it] unto him which hath ten talents. {25:29} For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. {25:30} And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
First of all the cursed tree was a parable, A parable to the jewish nation of refusing to be profitable to God inspite of all he has invested on then
The profitability here means to come into faith in Jesus.
The parable of the talents similarly, also refers to the Jews and the all mankind.
God has given everyone enough resources to know him and subsequently to be productive.

Productivity here means salvation, the unprofitable servant represent those who inspite of the opportunity given to them to know and serve God but yet they reject him because they see God as a wicked and unkind God.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Vireani79: 7:40am On Jul 21, 2021
CrestMan:

You will hear from me soon

Ok
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Techguy96(m): 7:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

Exactly why we should not be so concerned about christianity being out of extinction in 1000years. We are going out far before it if Jesus tarries.
I'm not concerned, I'm just stating the fact

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia / Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife At A Crusade In Botswana (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.