Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering (31288 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Oladipo1166(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Origin:
It's God's work, ordained ministers should not be sacked.....

There are several ways of impacting the youths and community, touching love has nothing to do with full seats...

So if I don't come to your church, I can't be saved?

I can't be clothed fed helped??

Will the pastor's good works be lost or stopped once he is sacked?
Ordained minister can be sack, when an ordained minster is fruitless and lazy for his duty. But I think they should have quarried him before sacking him
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Stop using winning of souls as an excuse.

How do you know that he didn't win souls?

Do you even know what it means to win souls or you confuse soul winning for inviting people to one's church?

You would obviously think Jesus wasn't making efforts to win souls when many of His disciples left Him, and would justify His sacking if He was the one, but wisdom is justified of her children.

For a ministry that runs several businesses yet doesn't even pay taxes, erect edifices worth several biillions for a show, could afford luxurious lifestyles for its leader, like having several private jets, it could afford to pay much much more, so stop deceiving yourself.

It's like u have an issue with the church.
It's more than the issue of d pastor being sacked.
Ur Christianity is questionable surely or u are not even born again at all.
Is there anything wrong with a ministry having several businesses?
The ministry has 35,000 workers on their payroll monthly.
40 Pastors were sacked out of how many Pastors they have?
They have over 10,000 new churches between last year nd this year, nd they have Pastors for each church.
If 40 Pastors were sacked, that means the Pastors aren't competent enough to handle the sheep.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Vireani79: 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Good! Avoid them and their pastors like the plague! undecided

Did you know that churches actually prime you for Hell, and not Heaven? A topic for another thread maybe. undecided

yes i know
cos many begin to use denomination as a tag to righteousness
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Mutaultope(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

My Brother, don't carry GOD'S Burden on your Neck. You can't Help GOD.

Why not invest yourself in doing GOD'S Heartbeat. Evangelism is GOD'S Heart Beat.
Soak yourself in GOD in your Closest and take your Mic to the streets and places Preach and Pray for the People.

Remove your mind from the burdens of the work and lay it at the Masters feet. But invest yourself in GOD and the Work.
Once there is Power! Money will flow.

Will think and pray about it

thank you

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
Vireani79:

yes i know
cos many begin to use denomination as a tag to righteousness
Phew! Good to know you are not blinded by the gimmick that is churchianism! grin
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by belovedsonofGod: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
lomprico:

many people go on social media to vent thier plight when they feel they have been unjustly sacked or mistreated by their bosses.

Your own opinion.

lomprico:

we have many cases like that and threads have been created here on similar cases.

I'm very much aware

lomprico:

so why is this one a mistake?

My own opinion.

lomprico:

oh lemmi guess, your lord and personal savior, daddy G.O was mentioned.

Your guess was wrong and you failed woefully smiley
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
Oladipo1166:

Ordained minister can be sack, when an ordained minster is fruitless and lazy for his duty. But I think they should have quarried him before sacking him
Ordained by whom? undecided
Fruitless according to what or whose standard? undecided
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by belovedsonofGod: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
extol1:

most of them won't tell you their offence

I agree with you.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So Because Jesus Christ told you to go out and preach His Gospel to the World, you choose then to be convinced , against Jesus Christ's own declaration that only a few will enter into His Kingdom, that it is instead a game of numbers? undecided

U don't know the scripture neither are you born again.
Jesus will never tell u to go into d world nd preach d gospel if Jesus know that only few will enter into God's kingdom.
Jesus Christ died for d whole world nd it is d responsibility of Christians to go nd preach the gospel to the world.
He has given all born again Christian the ministry of reconciliation... To reconcile d world back to God. Or this is not in ur own Bible.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Stop turning d Bible upside down, Salvation is definitely about people nd number.
Salvation is not meant for stones , but human being.
God gave his only begotten son to bring many sons unto glory.
The Bible says go into world nd preach d gospel to people , not things.
It is people that get saved, not things.
So the kingdom of God nd making heaven is all about number.
The Bible says I wished that all men be saved.
Why would God gave his only begotten son if it's about numbers?

Always read properly before quoting me.
There was nowhere that I wrote that salvation wasn't about people. But Salvation can never be useless simply because mortals reject it.

The guy I quoted wrote that Salvation is useless without people

And I responded that salvation is not useless without people.

Anything from God cannot be made useless simply because people don't get involved.

Yes, Salvation is meant for mankind, but mankind cannot think too big, otherwise God might just give salvation to stones instead.

After all, Salvation was meant originally only for the Jews. They rejected Christ, and God extended it to the Gentiles.

Supposing the Gentiles rejected, God will always have the ability to give Salvation to whatever object He desires.

When you say Salvation is useless without people, it is the same as saying God needs us.

God doesn't need us. We are the ones who need Him.

If we reject Salvation, it doesn't make Salvation useless, it only makes us useless.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
belovedsonofGod:
The dismissed branch pastor did a mistake by reporting on social media.

It represents the kind of person he is.

I understand he was hurt. But again, that shouldn't be an excuse.

There are things one has to overlook, let go and move on.
Like ASUU overlooking FG abi? When you know everyone is a thief......
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by EXOUSIAng: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
malcom1X:

Did you not read the part were he was fired and told to return all properties of the church?

How do you want him to invest more in God's work again?
All churches operate as cooperate organizations do.
When them sack person for your office him carry official car and office laptop go house?
Its church property not pastors property
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

U don't know the scripture neither are you born again.
Jesus will never tell u to go into d world nd preach d gospel if Jesus know that only few will enter into God's kingdom.
Jesus Christ died for d whole world nd it is d responsibility of Christians to go nd preach the gospel to the world.
He has given all born again Christian the ministry of reconciliation... To reconcile d world back to God. Or this is not in ur own Bible.
So, you are saying that when Jesus Christ declared in Matthew 22 vs 1 - 14 that many are called but few are chosen, Jesus Christ in fact lie? undecided

When Jesus Christ openly taught that only a few will find the narrow gate which leads to true life , in Matthew 7 vs 13-14 , Jesus Christ lied?

When in John 6 vs 43 -45 Jesus Christ declared that only those that are taught by God belong to Him He also lied? undecided

When Jesus Christ declared in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 that those who did as He commanded will enter into His Heaven, He lied? undecided

And all this because your choose to interpret Jesus Christ's commandment to go preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to the world as a game of numbers, this ministry of reconciliation you hold to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by belovedsonofGod: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
nowhere:

Like ASUU overlooking FG abi? When you know everyone is a thief......

I don't understand your mention.

Read my comments word by word, letter by letter, and don't misquote my comments.

Everyone should be entitled to their opinions.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

It's like u have an issue with the church.
It's more than the issue of d pastor being sacked.
Ur Christianity is questionable surely or u are not even born again at all.
Is there anything wrong with a ministry having several businesses?
The ministry has 35,000 workers on their payroll monthly.
40 Pastors were sacked out of how many Pastors they have?
They have over 10,000 new churches between last year nd this year, nd they have Pastors for each church.
If 40 Pastors were sacked, that means the Pastors aren't competent enough to handle the sheep.
Not surprised.

That's what the Pharisees said of Jesus and even John the baptist when they exposed their hypocrisy and falsehood.

So if they were here, you'd say the same of them, so who am I?

Therefore say whatever you like, it makes no difference of the Truth.

Meanwhile keep denying the obvious that this had nothing to do with God but a man's business.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by bejeria101(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Everybody would jump.on.it because I ts about oyedepo.

Somebody asked if it was a business environment would the noise be this loud? No.

Omo don't dwell on what you don't know.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by switspin(f): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:
This submission from Hymar Idibie David encapsulates my thoughts.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4384095461629254&id=100000865297273

Well written, but Jesus won't sack anyone, he who left 99sheep to get 1 won't sack anyone, like you said he would rebuke
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Always read properly before quoting me.
There was nowhere that I wrote that salvation wasn't about people. But Salvation can never be useless simply because mortals reject it.

The guy I quoted wrote that Salvation is useless without people

And I responded that salvation is not useless without people.

Anything from God cannot be made useless simply because people don't get involved.

Yes, Salvation is meant for mankind, but mankind cannot think too big, otherwise God might just give salvation to stones instead.

After all, Salvation was meant originally only for the Jews. They rejected Christ, and God extended it to the Gentiles.

Supposing the Gentiles rejected, God will always have the ability to give Salvation to whatever object He desires.

When you say Salvation is useless without people, it is the same as saying God needs us.

God doesn't need us. We are the ones who need Him.

If we reject Salvation, it doesn't make Salvation useless, it only makes us useless.

God doesn't force anything on people.
Salvation is mainly for human beings, nd some people will definitely reject salvation bcuz people even rejected d saviour Jesus Christ.
John 3 Vs 16 shows d love of God towards mankind.
Salvation cannot be extended to things or stones even if man rejects it.
God gave his only begotten son to bring many sons unto glory ( people). Jesus didn't die for things or stones, but died for human beings.
There's no ability elsewhere to extend salvation to things or stones, if mankind rejected salvation that's d end of it.
Salvation is d end of discussion, after that there's nothing else God can do for mankind.
Why do u think people will go to hell fire? Bcuz they rejected salvation, that's all.
Salvation is mainly for mankind nd it cannot be extended to things or stones, even if mankind reject it.
Jesus Christ ( human being) died for human beings, not for object or stones.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
bejeria101:
Everybody would jump.on.it because I ts about oyedepo.

Somebody asked if it was a business environment would the noise be this loud? No.
Omo don't dwell on what you don't know.
It is a fact that your churches are nothing but social businesses, has been so for over 1700 years. So, that is nothing to debate. undecided

So when even your church companies lay off their 'glorified' workers expect there to be noise much as the laying off of workers from other businesses in this world. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by switspin(f): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
ediko5:
Even though I don't support church as a money making venture.

I don't see any sense where a pastor who claimed he was called by God coming to social media to complain that he has been laid off by his employees.

What happened to the Bible portions he has been preaching to his members ?

If he wasn't laid off and was reaping bountifully from the church, he will be one of the first to lay curses on any one or group who dares to criticize the activities of his church

If truly God called him, he should have taken his matter to God to greater promotion.

What happened to "Sorrow may last for the night but joys cometh in the morning"?

What happened to "what God cannot do doesn't exist" ?

So he was preaching what he doesn't practice or believe all this while ?

Why shouldn't he, those who sacked him didn't act any better

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, you are saying that when Jesus Christ declared in Matthew 22 vs 1 - 14 that many are called but few are chosen, Jesus Christ in fact lie? undecided

When Jesus Christ openly taught that only a few will find the narrow gate which leads to true life , in Matthew 7 vs 13-14 , Jesus Christ lied?

When in John 6 vs 43 -45 Jesus Christ declared that only those that are taught by God belong to Him He also lied? undecided

When Jesus Christ declared in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 that those who did as He commanded will enter into His Heaven, He lied? undecided

And all this because your choose to interpret Jesus Christ's commandment to go preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to the world as a game of numbers, this ministry of reconciliation you hold to? undecided

Are u the one to determine d few that are chosen by not doing ur work of reconciliation?
Jesus Christ died for d whole world nd it's d responsibility of every born again Christian to do d ministry of reconciliations .
If u are talking like this,then ur salvation is questionable.
If u could be saved , what stopped u from reaching out to others to have d same salvation?
If u are stingy with salvation by not reaching out to others, then u are not saved at all in d first place.
If u are saved nd have experienced d joy of salvation, u will reach out to world to enjoy d same salvation u have.
I can definitely see that u are not saved in d first place, thinking u are part of d few that will make it to heaven.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by switspin(f): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
stagger:

Nobody is hushing anything. The pastor himself is free to go to any of the agencies or the courts to address his sack as "pastor-in-charge" and not as pastor of the church.

People think just anybody should be a pastor. A pastor cannot give what he does not have. How can he transform lives in a community when he himself is empty?

He should open his own church...if it is that easy.
So winners is filled with such Pastors?okay oh
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Are u the one to determine d few that are chosen by not doing ur work of reconciliation?
Jesus Christ died for d whole world nd it's d responsibility of every born again Christian to do d ministry of reconciliations .
If u are talking like this,then ur salvation is questionable.
If u could be saved , what stopped u from reaching out to others to have d same salvation?
If u are stingy with salvation by not reaching out to others, then u are not saved at all in d first place.
If u are saved nd have experienced d joy of salvation, u will reach out to world to enjoy d same salvation u have.
I can definitely see that u are not saved in d first place, thinking u are part of d few that will make it to heaven.
Pay attention so you don't introduce unnecessary deviation here !

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Not surprised.

That's what the Pharisees said of Jesus and even John the baptist when they exposed their hypocrisy and falsehood.

So if they were here, you'd say the same of them, so who am I?

Therefore say whatever you like, it makes no difference of the Truth.

Meanwhile keep denying the obvious that this had nothing to do with God but a man's business.

U only heard one side of the story nd u've criticizing d church.
40 Pastors were sacked, where are d other 39 pastors? Why is he d only running to social media to complain?
The guy's call is questionable in d first place
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

God doesn't force anything on people.
Salvation is mainly for human beings, nd some people will definitely reject salvation bcuz people even rejected d saviour Jesus Christ.
John 3 Vs 16 shows d love of God towards mankind.
Salvation cannot be extended to things or stones even if man rejects it.
God gave his only begotten son to bring many sons unto glory ( people). Jesus didn't die for things or stones, but died for human beings.
There's no ability elsewhere to extend salvation to things or stones, if mankind rejected salvation that's d end of it.
Salvation is d end of discussion, after that there's nothing else God can do for mankind.
Why do u think people will go to hell fire? Bcuz they rejected salvation, that's all.
Salvation is mainly for mankind nd it cannot be extended to things or stones, even if mankind reject it.
Jesus Christ ( human being) died for human beings, not for object or stones.

You don't know the consequences of what you are writing.

There is God's sovereignty in salvation.

Salvation is in fact, about God, not man.

Don't believe that you can limit God's ability simply because you can't imagine Him giving salvation to stones.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Successdude(m): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
The only Abnormal thing in the whole thing is the Pastor who came out on social media to Rant.

Pastors are regularly taken out and replaced from stations. It is worrisome that a Pastor comes out on social media to complain. I really can't understand the kind of things that happen in these Endtimes. I Believe someone misled the young man.

A Pastor who knows and understands his call, will not do this.
A Pastor who knows and Understands his position will invest himself more in the work of GOD and take his matter to GOD. Your calling does not end on Pulpit.

Bro, you & I actually chat sometimes, so we kinda not as strangers.

Meanwhile, how about the process / system that birthed such a "pastor" in the first place ?
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
belovedsonofGod:

I don't understand your mention.

Read my comments word by word, letter by letter, and don't misquote my comments.

Everyone should be entitled to their opinions.
You are entitled to yours and so do I. Aboveall, God no dey Naija sef.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by murphyt: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Don't confuse your self, it's all about the money,
Check a situation where the church is not increasing in soul, But there is increase in return finance to the head quarter, They will not be sack.
Infact How can you sack a pastor?
As a church if the pastors are not producing expected results, the only strategy is to transfer to another branch (inter change pastors) not sack.
It's all about the money, not the soul of members to be save. Or increase.
This is totally wrong of the church.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by RALPHOW(m): 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2021
It shows the so called Pastor joined the ministry for the purpose of making money.
May be a case of jobless man looking for pastoral job.
They joined the ministry less than a year and were exposed.
Many Pastors have joined the ministry for more than 30years and are still waxing stronger in the ministry.
Glory be to God that exposed them quick.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by CrestMan: 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Vireani79:

I am not saying he was with them totally at heart but it also didn't negate the fact that the church didn't handle this well
A demotion and bringing in someone new while these pastors under study would have been better

For the connection
We both know once a pastor is gone u can't really see them again
But I was in the last healing school session with pastor Chris
I am getting better trust me
I just don't do church anymore

If you really want to reconnect with him, it's very possible!

@you don't do church anymore - I have seen a few people like you. One thing no one can take away from you is the fact that you truly love Jesus. But, don't allow the devil take advantage of you - don't give him the upper hand over you! You can still be aglow and afire for the Lord! Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. God bless you
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You don't know the consequences of what you are writing.

There is God's sovereignty in salvation.

Salvation is in fact, about God, not man.

Don't believe that you can limit God's ability simply because you can't imagine Him giving salvation to stones.

It is not possible.
Acts says there's no salvation in no other apart from Jesus Christ.
Salvation is mainly for mankind nd mankind alone.
Jesus Christ died for mankind nd mankind only, not for stones or things.
Go nd study Ur Bible very well nd stop listening to some end time preachers.
I can clearly see that u are saved at all to talk like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More / Why I Refused To Speak Out On Killings In Nigeria — Pastor Adeboye / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.