Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering (31240 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by adecz: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2021
Ahhbbehgggi☹️☹️☹️❗️❗️❗️

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Indispensable85(m): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2021
What's wrong if they're called to a meeting with the GO and asked what their challenges are? Interact with them as family and provide the necessary encouragement and support to do better. I'm a winners member but it doesn't sound fair to just send those young men into the streets like that. No exit package and they're asked to vacate their apartment on short notice. It's not just fair. Jesus Christ was a compassionate leader while on earth. Christian leaders need to show more compassion. These guys have families na.....come on!

5 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by VicM6: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Nawa o, the day wey pastor's start to dey receive salary na dat day church spoil..... imagine as den dey transfer pastors go different branches like say na military job..... shebi na person wey wan join pastor for all dis big big church go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by ultiabaz36(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2021
I quote from the letter that “recent performance review” this is a cooperate organizational terms

“Fall In growth index” this is banking terms

“Your services are no longer required” furnished way to lay-off staff in a cooperate environment.

Oyedepo was right to have sacked the incompetent pastors who are only enjoying the salaries they are not working for. The duty of a pastor include but not limited to
1. Generating income for ministry to move forward
2. Winning souls to increase the number of congregation
3. Pretending to be a good person even if he’s not (we are all human)
4. Abstaining from immorality to win more souls
5. Performing miracles even if is about faking it
6. Add yours

Tell the zombies below me to cease from criticizing me.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by temitope27(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Sulele04:
There is a Yoruba saying, "if lies is what will make sleep well at night, tell lies as long as it makes you sleep well."

Church growth kor Tithe growth ni.

Church is a business own this fact, nobody is saying you should stop worshiping a white Jesus.

If there is no tithe or offering, church crashes, same way if there is no customer supermarket closes up.

What is church growth; more customers(followers), more tithes (revenue).

Sayfini.
Awon nanamu undecided.
u must be from illorin, oloriburuku masanfani ni e
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by MT: 10:40am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:
This submission from Hymar Idibie David encapsulates my thoughts.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4384095461629254&id=100000865297273

I have a few simple questions.

Do you guys ever feel happy if you preach and your converts choose to attend another church?. Does it have to be about attending your church at all cost or about winning souls for the kingdom?

What happens to "...where 2 or 3 people are gathered in my name, there I will be with them," The bible doesn't say where "hundred and thousands" are gathered.

If you are doing God's business as you claim, why don't you allow God to take care of his business?. Why introducing worldly mindset to influence the business of God? Just asking.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by StUriah(m): 10:40am On Jul 20, 2021
The sacked pastor should take the church to Industrial Arbitration Court immediately to seek redress. How can he be sacked as a Staff of the company without compensation and be asked to leave his official residence with immediate effect and hand over his Staff Identity Card. What a derogatory way of dealing with a human being?

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Gambit23: 10:41am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:

Winners church Nigeria and abroad is a business entity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
The only Abnormal thing in the whole thing is the Pastor who came out on social media to Rant.

Pastors are regularly taken out and replaced from stations. It is worrisome that a Pastor comes out on social media to complain. I really can't understand the kind of things that happen in these Endtimes. I Believe someone misled the young man.

A Pastor who knows and understands his call, will not do this.
A Pastor who knows and Understands his position will invest himself more in the work of GOD and take his matter to GOD. Your calling does not end on Pulpit.

How do u expect him to feed his family?
Even primary school teacher has pension.

This wil discourage many from being pastor

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Gambit23: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Make I go bash those rumor-mongering atheist wey go dey peddle unnecessary lies just to make trouble in Christianity

Christianity is already in trouble worldwide, A trouble that she will never survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by colestephan86: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:

Anyone that thinks the motive behind the sack is not money driven , then such person should have his or her brain checked.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by StreetFight: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2021
Your Church is Christ Embassy. You dey MAD. The Managing Director of your business enterprise called Chris Oyakhilome is also MAD. His wife divorced the thief because he was sleeping with several Oloshos in the business enterprise, yet some fools still go to his company.

Nonsense without ingredients

3 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BruncleZuma: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2021
Mustiboy:
So, if I understand very well, pastors are tasked with bringing people to the church by all means, even if it means invading their privacy and compelling them to come to your church?

Is this not the idea of more members, more revenue?

It's now glaring that today's churches are business enterprises; churches, since time immemorial, have always been so.

Nothing dey shock me again.

It is...those defending the actions of the administrators of Living Faith do not actually know what growth index means nor do they want to know what it means.

They could have used so many other words but they chose that term specifically, thereby making their decision subject to economical and financial interpretation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by AuroraB(f): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2021
You deserve the leaders you have. Stockholm's syndrome is real. Lekwa adults in 2021 shocked
It can only be in Nigeria cheesy
Ndi eriri eri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Ayomi90: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2021
Origin:
It's God's work, ordained ministers should not be sacked.....

There are several ways of impacting the youths and community, touching loves has nothing to do with full seats....

So if I don't come to your church, I can't be saved?

I can't be clothed fed helped??

Will the pastor's good works be lost or stopped once he is sacked?
Yea, also ordained ministers should not be paid salaries, it is Gods work nd should be free. Why don't pastors have their own Job? Not written in d bible that pastors should be jobless.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jaymichael(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:

See link to the man interview. He said the State pastor told him he wasn't making enough money to cover their expenses and the loss they are operating on isn't acceptable by the church.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=212524300876162&id=100044506476637
Ishilove watch the interview. Stop defending these scamming mormon worshippers. You are smarter than this.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=212524300876162&id=100044506476637

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by emmytex311: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2021
My question is simple to the living faith Church,
Did Jesus sack Judas Escariot or he sack himself when he is not "productive"?

I need reply as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by McStoic(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:

Hi

I always knew it is more than just tithes and offerings. Winners is one church I know that knows how to take care of their pastors. They pay them well, give them cars and other allowances. Some of these sacked pastors think they can just lazy around without really doing what they came to do.

At this juncture, RCCG also needs to borrow a leaf from Winners and stop appointing pastors who are neither called nor fit for the ministry. Let's return back to the time when pastors were derived majorly as a call and not as a hobby. Let it not no longer just be all about duplicating parishes but being effective and efficient.

The church of Christ is marching on and the gates of hell cannot prevail in Jesus name, Amen!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by loswhite(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:

How is it different from bank marketing? You guys should go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by MT: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2021
VicM6:
Nawa o, the day wey pastor's start to dey receive salary na dat day church spoil..... imagine as den dey transfer pastors go different branches like say na military job..... shebi na person wey wan join pastor for all dis big big church go hear am.

The sad thing is that the children of the GOs are never posted to any remote areas. They are always posted abroad or one posh branch in Nigeria to pastor.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2021
It is all about tithes and offering, Ishilove.

Even the Bible did not say Christians would be demoted or sacked for not winning souls.

Your mansion in Heaven will not be more beautiful because you won more souls.

No wonder you will find pastors overstepping boundaries in their desperation to win souls. You will find one around UI gate using megaphones in such a loud place. You will find them in motor packs proselytizing.

This was not what Christ meant when He said win souls.

In fact, Christ only wants us to win souls that want to be won. He told the seventy to never return to a place they had been rejected.

Christ does not care about the crowd or the number. He only wanted genuine souls.

There is one man like that who has been disturbing me to come to Winners Chapel. He is not a pastor, though. I have told him countless times that I have my own church, and I am not interested in coming with him to Winners. Yet, he would always find an opportunity to stop by and try to convince me. I told him what Christ told the seventy.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by like1: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2021
The only way they can pick a pastor up and sack him, it's just because they didn't invest heavily in training them.

The only place where the Catholic church gets it right, they train you and ordain you a priest and you are with them forever unless say na u decide to leave.

They post you to a parish and you are not performing, they reassign you to assist a priest in another parish who is performing to learn the ropes. They try you again and still you are not performing, they reassign you, till you get it right.

How can a church throw one of their own under the bus like that, where is the morality? and some people are defending this particular act.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by MT: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Ayomi90:

Yea, also ordained ministers should not be paid salaries, it is Gods work nd should be free. Why don't pastors have their own Job? Not written in d bible that pastors should be jobless.

God bless you.

Nigeria is suffering from brain drain. Most of our young ones who are sharp in brain are taking the easy way out; joining a church to become a pastor.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Naijboy: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Mustiboy:
So, if I understand very well, pastors are tasked with bringing people to the church by all means, even if it means invading their privacy and compelling them to come to your church?

It's now glaring that today's churches are business enterprises; churches, since time immemorial, have always been so.

Bros this write up is beyond your ability to comprehend because of your biased mind. Face your front you are not part and parcel of the flock.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Rebuke: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2021
Mustiboy:

Go and sit down, a dummy will always be a dummy. Yhu read again and yhu still didn't comprehend a simple narration.

Since the time of Jesus, the church has always been a serious business and it will continue to be.

It's left for yhu to now understand the concept of the business context but then, it doesn't still matter if yhu have decided to close yhur mind to it, the church moves on and continue to boom!

Since yhu have refused to be enlightened and yhur heart still full of hatred for the church, now go and hug a transformer or hit yhur head on the rock if it pains yhu tongue

Lastly, be reminded that yhur opinion doesn't count, the church moves nonetheless. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:52am On Jul 20, 2021
Mustiboy:

Don't worry, you may never get it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Ayo2004: 10:54am On Jul 20, 2021
Converting which souls

Converting other Christians from other churches to winners is not winning souls,it is advertising for potential customers

Your pastors preach not storing treasures on Earth but they are using the sweat of gullible people to build everlasting investments for their tenth generation

They preach love your neighbor as yourself but they are billionaires and during the Covid 19,they were even opening new avenues for starving people to pay money.some even opened new pledges like "Gift for our Daddy in the Lord"
Una no go ever learn...
None of these churches care if their regional pastors are dubious as long as they bring more people to pay tithe

3 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by jude33084(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2021
Ishilove:

Stop all these damage control!

It is about the money!

Even if you have 200 members in that branch and remit less amount you will still be axed. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by Christistruth00: 10:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Damage Control
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by holybabayo(m): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2021
You have spoken quite well. Very educated. I salute you.
The problem there is you build a big house on an assumed foundation. The pastor and the church are the primary parties in this case. You are not even qualified as a witness because you are not even a member of the church. You are too far away to know the truth.
You also stated that the pastor have been serving there four 4 years. That one is not even an assumption, it's a distortion of the facts. The man explicitly stated that the church stated in August 2020.
So Mr. Assumptions, you have a very good presentation. However, you are trying to force it into this case, when this case is for something else. Go and look for a more suiting presentation that fits into the facts of this case.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by DeepSight(m): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Avenues through which so called Religious leaders/authorities have been able to control access to God and the things of God , and the narrative. undecided

. . . And the money.
Re: Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering by samwash(m): 10:56am On Jul 20, 2021
Church ministry is a very big ministry & it must grow. The growth of a church is not just the physical structure but in Numerical Numbers.
If the structure is big with no members it's useless.
Heaven is abt numbers, saved souls, God can't stand the devil winning souls to his kingdom that is why Jesus Christ came to redeem man to God.
Salvation is useless with pple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

M Skid Responds To Maraji's "Jesus Is The Only Way" Claim / Muslims Visit Church In Nasarawa; Celebrate Christmas With Christians / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.