Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level (59363 Views)

Profile Of Peace Ufuoma - Final Year UNIBEN Aggressive Malpractice Student / Peace Ufuoma Who Rocked 'Aggressive Malpractice' Shirt Lands In Trouble / Ufuoma Peace Oghenerume Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Sugar97(f): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2021
UDUJ:

Don't be daft and silly. I explained earlier that I used that statement as a funny way to imply I graduated ages ago. Damn.

Many Nigerians take things mostly literally. They don't understand hyperbole or sarcasm. Smh

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Lightorder: 10:06am On Jul 21, 2021
Very stupid girl
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Makestyles: 10:06am On Jul 21, 2021
The shirt should now read ' a moment of stupidity brought me this far'

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2021
Finally she don get sense, na only she use malpractice graduate from school Why say her mouth dey lick
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2021
providencia:

I agree with you sir. Uniben is actually been extreme with her case that's why i said what she needs is prayers. To make matters worse, she havent graduated fully. Some of her papers haven't been mark yet. The essense of my post is just against suing the university
i believe that the statement is just to save face.
they'll issue her the certificate but on a low.
probably when her mates have collected theirs finish.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by sotall(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
was looking for an intelligent comment like this.
a newbie lawyer that just finished law school will trash this case with ease.
no evidence.
well I believe the school made the public statement to salvage their reputation.
they'll release her certificate on a low with a warning

Please stay tuned and get an update on this case.

You think any student can drag the image of a federal university in the mud while still a student and go scot free?

If not for anything, the school will use her as a scape goat

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by frankson1(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2021
Bunsenbun:
Not to bust uour bubble,but such stuff won't hold sway in the court of law,as that is a denial of a basic human right and the law constitution supercedes the school's oath.

Oga, I don't have any "bubble for you to burst" grin.
If what you're thinking is right, then schools and organisations wouldn't have put it in place. If you're still in school, just no enter wahala with school o.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by ubee(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2021
What will she explain to her people, her future kids that she did?
She is a victim of the scourge of today's youth who are ready to go any length and do the unthinkable in order to trend in this social media age.
Just look at how she has jeopardised her future because of stupidity. I was almost certain that this would be the outcome, that they would ask her to rewrite some exams.

The punishment is very extreme. I feel for her.
I think the school should have given her a better chance, by asking her some basic definitions and fundamental questions in her course. If she answered correctly 70% of the questions, they let her go, if less than 70% they cut her grade down by one level e.g if she had a 2.1 she will have to go with a 2.2, and if she had a 2.2 she will have to settle with 3rd class.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Mexy20(m): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2021
[color=#770077][/color]well spokenn
seunH:
I personally believe if she has a good lawyer, she would go scot-free. For the action the school took to be valid, there must be evidence of malpractice, as in solid evidences like witnesses, malpractice material (phone, microchips, textbook etc) etc. That she wrote it on her clothes is not valid enough to make her guilty, any body can write anything. For instance, if I write on my shirt "I am a yahoo boy" does it mean I would go to jail for Internet fraud. The highest the law enforcement agency can do, is try to investigate me in order to get solid evidences which would be presented to the judge. Presenting my shirt where I wrote "I am a yahoo boy" to the judge as their only evidence would be tossed into the thrash can!!!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by poiZon: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2021
seunH:
I personally believe if she has a good lawyer, she would go scot-free. For the action the school took to be valid, there must be evidence of malpractice, as in solid evidences like witnesses, malpractice material (phone, microchips, textbook etc) etc. That she wrote it on her clothes is not valid enough to make her guilty, any body can write anything. For instance, if I write on my shirt "I am a yahoo boy" does it mean I would go to jail for Internet fraud. The highest the law enforcement agency can do, is try to investigate me in order to get solid evidences which would be presented to the judge. Presenting my shirt where I wrote "I am a yahoo boy" to the judge as their only evidence would be tossed into the thrash can!!!!
But before being taken to the court, u must have spent like 3-4weeks in efcc detention for being stupid and trying to get attention.
In the court u will need a lawyer who will try to defend ur stupidity..
So in all avoid unnecessary attention..
If she had printed LUCK and Agressive Luck brought me this far.. Everybody will just thank God for her, but deep inside she knows that luck represents cheating and not caught, sleeping with lecturers for marks, paying mercenaries to write exams for her etc.
She is a fool... Thank God she made the right thing to expose herstupidity.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2021
providencia:

From what you wrote from your first post, uniben is doing this to her as part of investigating her. She can only sue uniben and win if she comes out in flying colours after the investigation. What she needs from you people is prayers and not this "get a good lawyer, get a good lawyer " which isn't going to help her this very moment
No sir, asking her to rewrite the her exams from 200 level is a form of punishment for malpractice not investigation. Investigation involves review all her booklets, malpractice forms of all the exam she participated in and also invigilator's form in order to build a solid case

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by vivalavida(m): 10:16am On Jul 21, 2021
Almaigaa:
This IGBO Girl Peace Ufuoma don enter one chance. grin grin grin grin grin

Bigotry and igbo hate in you wouldn't let you realise Ufuoma is an edo name.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2021
sotall:

You think any student can drag the image of a federal university in the mud while still a student and go scot free?

na lie

Nonsense!
can you judge someone from a mere write up?
she might claim that she's not the one that wrote it
where you there when she wrote it?
just like people do wear an inscription on their okrika tee-shirts.
there's no case here.

during my school days on guy was caught with a micro chip and before the invigilator could do anything, he chew it and swallowed it.
guess what?
he won the at the senate because of lack of evidence.

once she was not caught red-handed she gat no case.
remove emotions and reason logically.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
they have given her opportunity to prove her innocence by rewriting the exams
No sir, it's a form of punishment, because it is almost impossible for her to do so, except she has "extra years"
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by ubee(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
Nobody is refuting your claim that the school cannot punish her severely. The point people are trying to make is that the punishment is over the top. Like someone said, if this case goes to court with decent lawyers backing the girl, UNIBEN will lose the case.
The girl messed up no doubt, but the punishment is too extreme.
Look at my post above to see what i suggested as a fairer punishment for the girl.
sotall:

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2021
therealMcCain:

While this news is yet to be confirmed, did you read the press statement when the panel was constituted, that her scripts will be checked from 100L.

The inscription on the shirt triggered the investigation, it's not the sole basis for whatever will be meted to her.

The question is will she pass the scrutiny test?
What was the result of the panel investigation, that is not a scrutiny test sir, it's a punishment !!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by sotall(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
na lie

Nonsense!
can you judge someone from a mere write up?
she might claim that she's not the one that wrote it
where you there when she wrote it?
just like people do wear an inscription on their okrika tee-shirts.
there's no case here.

during my school days on guy was caught with a micro chip and before the invigilator could do anything, he chew it and swallowed it.
guess what?
he won the at the senate because of lack of evidence.

once she was not caught red-handed she gat no case.
remove emotions and reason logically.

Being caught doing malpractice in school is different from coming out on social media and telling the whole world that you did malpractice while you just moment away from being given your certificate.

If only you know the number of people on her case, you wont reason like this.

The lecturers, the HOD of her department, the Dean of faculty, the registrar, the VC, the governing council of the school, alumni etc.

Omo no reason am ooo.

I know of people that were caught doing malpractic while i was in school and they get punished in several ways. Some re-sit the exam, some get 2 or 3 semesters suspension etc.

But her case different wella.

She be original scapegoat.
If the school will be lenient, she go do TV, social media, newspaper, radio presentation/video saying she was joking and apologizing for bringing the school's image into disrepute.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by thunderbabs: 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
This girl Village VIO finally caught her with an exhibit shirt that has implicated her now
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
my oga, she can't win anything, her statement is already an evidence that's why as a man/woman we need to be very careful of what comes out of our mouths
statement not backed by evidence is null and void sir!!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by sotall(m): 10:32am On Jul 21, 2021
ubee:
Nobody is refuting your claim that the school cannot punish her severely. The point people are trying to make is that the punishment is over the top. Like someone said, if this case goes to court with decent lawyers backing the girl, UNIBEN will lose the case.
The girl messed up no doubt, but the punishment is too extreme.
Look at my post above to see what i suggested as a fairer punishment for the girl.

Uniben is not going to punish her based on presentation of evidence that she did malpractice.

The basis of whatever punishment will be dished to her will be falling short of what is required in "character " to graduate/given certificate from/of the school.

Omo you no fit argue the case for court because the school reserves the right to determine the standard of character a student must have to earn their certificate.

The girl buy market on this matter

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by mightyhaze: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2021
Oracleforce:
Every evil thing is traceable to the Igbo people...
The Igbo. girl come Benin university come still cheat...and she studies microbiology...one of the simplest course in medical line.
If this girl graduates, how did she want to defend her results...? The girl.even look like Olosho runs girls on campus..

Tueh oloshi. I spit on her toto
yorobandits on heat/beat grin

Keep exposing your hate, ignorance and stupendous stupidity grin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:34am On Jul 21, 2021
WarriFirstBorn:

What do you understand by this term "the accused pleaded guilty to the crimes"?
Once an accused confesses to a crime, the judge does not need anymore evidence to prove that the person committed the crime.

Imagine an armed robber confesses in court that he indeed committed the crime and the Judge saying he is not sure he really did it that he should go and present evidence that he really did it. How does that sounds to you?
Wrong sir!! From your example: If the robber confesses to robbery, and there is no evidence of robbery ie witness or anybody coming forward that they were robbed, arms or object capable of causing arm or object robbed/attempted to be robbed. The case would be tossed into the trash can. All confession must be backed by solid evidence sir !!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2021
LutanFyah:
Go and get a "good lawyer " for her.
Know your rights sir, so that you won't be taken advantaged of !!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by ceeceeuwa: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2021
Village people - 100
Ufuoma - 0
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:39am On Jul 21, 2021
Meninmen:

You should have gone to represent her as her advocate when she stood before the committee set up by the University. Nor be to dey rant here!
Know your rights sir, so that you won't be taken advantaged of !!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by elonmuskbaby: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2021
seunH:
No sir, it's a form of punishment, because it is almost impossible for her to do so, except she has "extra years"
o really? So a student willingly divulged that she committed an academic crime by writing it on her shirt.no one can say whether she's guilty or innocent so it is only fair they give her an opportunity to REVEAL HERSELF INTELLECTUALLY whether she's guilty or not guilty of what she claimed she did

Moreover there's always punishment for every crime and they gave her a benefit of doubt by not rusticating her but giving her a second chance yet you are still complaining

Abi when she did her matriculation e no get document wey she sign promising to be of good conduct and uphold the values and ethics of the school?

She breached the contract and openly flouted the rules so she must pay for it

Everyone is wishing, hoping and praying for a better nigeria.we want to get rid of impunity and lawlessness and the university which represents a place where values are taught has to enforce and uphold it's values but when you're using sentiments to excuse an academic crime it shows we have a long way to go as far as development is concerned in nigeria.no society functions when it tolerates indiscipline , irresponsibility and impunity which unfortunately Nigerias leaders represent.

Uniben needs to clear its name and send out a strong warning that they don't condone unethical practices.you Want good governance but you don't want those guilty of unethical practices to be punished for it and you wonder why impunity and anarchy is reigning in Nigeria

If they don't make an example of her and send a strong warning that we don't take this rubbish others will copy it and you know how our impressionable graduates are quick to copy irritating and nasty habits and attitudes.theyre the ones that will gain admission into university and they've not finished 1 semester, they've already joined cult,started giving lecturers and other staff issues,started joining gangs to bully their mates.they won't join the association that will lift them up spiritually and intellectually

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
seunH:
statement not backed by evidence is null and void sir!!!
plssssss can U write it in ur cloth that u are Abubaka shekau (leader of boko-haram) and also state it that u are responsible for the last plane crash that killed the army general?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
frankson1:

That's if she didn't sign an undertaking not to institute a court case against the school during her registration.

@the bold...no try o o because Yankee police go follow you go know your house, though they won't arrest you.

It doesn't happen that way sir, students have taken their universities to court and have won their case. Do you know that if you are asked to face the university senate, you can go with your lawyer. Watch this film "Citation" and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by berrystunn(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2021
Almaigaa:

She is Delta IGBO

With both mentality
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:44am On Jul 21, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
plssssss can U write it in ur cloth that u are Abubaka shekau (leader of boko-haram) and also state it that u are responsible for the last plane crash that killed the army general?
Without evidence I did, it would be thrown into the trash can

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

University Of Lagos (UNILAG) In Pictures / JAMB: Share Your Experience / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.