Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves (5143 Views)

Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) / Here Is The Man That Caused Disunity Among Yoruba And Igbo People / Tinubu, Amaechi, Osinbajo, Okorocha Are Slaves To The North - Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

This was from Pa. E.A Iduwe manuscript on Ika history.
There is no denying the fact that the Bini once enslaved the Ikas and that up till today, we can still see that Ikas are yet to recover from that Bini slavery psychologically. That's the origin of "We are from Bini" fables from Ika.
Go and read about Agbor and bini
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by EraseTheDot: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nigeria tribes who sold ibos off as slaves

1. Igala
2.Calabar
3.Ijaws
4.Benin
5.Itshekiri

-erase the dot

8 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

He can't call the names to avoid unnecessary provocation. But the whole world knows it is Ika and Ndokwa.

He should o!
We should force him to.

Enough of this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
[[s]quote author=Ariani post=103976598]

We have to set the records right.

Ndiigbo should start learning how to stay away from battles that is not ours.

All we needed to do with this Reno vituperation was to force him to accept that whatever interactions Itsekiri and Bini had with any Igboid group was at maximum with Ika and Ndokwa/Ndokwa. And that none of these groups are currently Igbo.
So he should tender apology to Ndiigbo for the misrepresentation and thereafter go back to that his original post and properly label his post well by substituting Ika and Ndokwa with Igbo there.
The dog can't be eating shit while the goat teeth will be decaying.
Mbanu![/quote][/s]

Another useless wirter up
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by LegendHero(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
EraseTheDot:

1. Igala
2.Calabar
3.Ijaws
4.Benin
5.Itshekiri

-erase the dot

So Calabar also sold them?

This thread is revealing then.

Nwanyiogwashi deserve a bottle of palm wine for opening this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
LegendHero:

Ibrahim Agboola Gambari was born on 24 November 1944 in Ilorin, Kwara State to a Fulani ruling class family. His nephew Ibrahim Sulu Gambari is the Emir of Illorin.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by iSlayer: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

We have to set the records right.

Ndiigbo should start learning how to stay away from battles that is not ours.

All we needed to do with this Reno vituperation was to force him to accept that whatever interactions Itsekiri and Bini had with any Igboid group was at maximum with Ika and Ndokwa/Ndokwa. And that none of these groups are currently Igbo.
So he should tender apology to Ndiigbo for the misrepresentation and thereafter go back to that his original post and properly label his post well by substituting Ika and Ndokwa with Igbo there.
The dog can't be eating shit while the goat teeth will be decaying.
Mbanu!

Hmmm. Personally I am after shaming them!!!
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by LegendHero(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
EraseTheDot:

1. Igala
2.Calabar
3.Ijaws
4.Benin
5.Itshekiri

-erase the dot

By the way, what does your moniker mean?

Do you mean erase the dot like when using eraser to erase a dot made by a pencil OR you mean erase the other dot that Jubril of Sudan mentioned?

Nwanyiogwashi come here and learn from this moniker erasethedot as he unveils the meaning behind his moniker.

Benin slave raiders erasing the dots since 1700.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

Go and read about Agbor and bini

Nne go read this book by an Agbor chief on Ika history.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://people.bu.edu/manfredi/Iduuwe.History.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiB4tz1-_bxAhVOTsAKHS1jCGUQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Dg3REcjIMmYaj8dwR77qm

His name is Chief Iduwe E.A.

Ika for sure were Bini slaves at a point in history before they freed themselves later, yet the psychological trauma remains up till today.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

Hmmm. Personally I am after shaming them!!!

I'm for them picking up their Bini slavery shame in peace and with full chest and not have to hide behind Ndiigbo.

It's time we learn how to start throwing these mushroom groups under the bus as far as protecting ourselves is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by iSlayer: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

Nne go read this book by an Agbor chief on Ika history.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://people.bu.edu/manfredi/Iduuwe.History.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiB4tz1-_bxAhVOTsAKHS1jCGUQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Dg3REcjIMmYaj8dwR77qm

His name is Chief Iduwe E.A.

Ika for sure were Bini slaves at a point in history before they freed themselves later, yet the psychological trauma remains up till today.

I'm suspecting that after fighting off Bini for a while they were recolonized again.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by oyatz(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ojiofor:
Reno have gone mad.That you owned some few slaves of Igbo origin does not mean that you enslaved the Igbo nation.No tribe ever conquered Igboland or enslaved ndi Igbo in their homeland.

What Reno Omokri said was true as at the time of the slave trade.

There was nothing like Igbo Nation then but there were Igbo people living in clans and villages which made it easy for Bini Armies to raid these villages for slaves.

Infact, 200 years ago the word for slaves in many parts of the Bini Empire was 'Igbon' referring to non-edo peoples from the bush which were regularly raided for slavery.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Lucifer1419: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

Lolz cheesy go and unsit emir in kwara state grin
. Na Fulani terrorist you dey follow talk so,no be Yoruba man oo.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by mancoconut: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
LegendHero:

Na woman (small girl for that matter) you dey follow drag matter like this? Agbaya! grin, yeribanza men are so sissified in nature that they shamelessly banter with women, which explains why it took Alimi and a band of malnourished looking Gambari's to perennially conquer a significant portion of Yeriba territory and force its people to accept Islam angry

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ojiofor: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
oyatz:

There was nothing like Igbo Nation then but there were Igbo people living in clans and villages which made it easy for Bini Armies to raid these villages for slaves.

Infact, 200 years ago the word for slaves in many parts of the Bini Empire was 'Igbon' referring to non-edo peoples from the bush which were regularly raided for slavery.

They might have enslaved some Igbanke and Agbor people who are their neighbours since there was nothing like Igbo nation then.
Or did Oba of Bini cross River Niger to kidnap slaves? They should specify were their slaves came from since by your own words there was nothing like Igbo nation then.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

I'm suspecting that after fighting off Bini for a while they were recolonized again.

I think they stood their ground and fought Bini to stalemate.
But by then, the damage had already been done as the people already suffers from Stockholm syndrome from all those decades of Bini invading and making slaves out of them.
This is why you still have grown ass kings from those lands visiting Oba Bini palace to renew their master-slave bond once coronated.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ojiofor:

They might have enslaved some Igbanke and Agbor people who are their neighbours since there was nothing like Igbo nation then.
Or did Oba of Bini cross River Niger to kidnap slaves? They should specify were their slaves came from since by your own words there was nothing like Igbo nation then.

Of course it's Agbor and Igbanke and related groups who we collectively call Ikas today.

The typical Ika man still have a slavish attitude towards Bini.
You see their Kings going to Oba Bini palace to prostrate once crowned.
It's a generational Stockholm syndrome thing.

Read this book to get more insight.

Reno is an attention seeker, he knew if he used Ika and Ndokwa/Ukwuani Instead of Igbo, he wouldn't generate traffic and attention he is currently getting.

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by iSlayer: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

I think they stood their group and fought Bini to stalemate.
But by then, the damage had already been done as the people already suffers from Stockholm syndrome from all those decades of Bini invading and making slaves out of them.
This is why you still have grown ass kings from those lands visiting Oba Bini palace to renew their master-slave bond once coronated.

That last part ehn...very disgusting behavior.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Lucifer1419: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

I'm for them picking up their Bini slavery shame in peace and with full chest and not have to hide behind Ndiigbo.

It's time we learn how to start throwing these mushroom groups under the bus as far as protecting ourselves is concerned.
. Two Fulani terrorist deceiving themselves claiming to be igbo, cow drunkard urine.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Lucifer1419:
. Two Fulani terrorist deceiving themselves claiming to be igbo, cow drunkard urine.

Ubulu gi ezughi ezu. Gi na onye bu Fulani?

Ina añu omo?

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

That last part ehn...very disgusting behavior.

It is what it is.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by mancoconut: 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
oyatz:

If you and that daft revisionist who calls himself Reno can't substantiate all these ogogoro-induced tales by moonlight gibberish with academic and historical facts, then maybe you should stop making a further fool of yourselves. Meanwhile which Igbos exactly were slaves to the Benins and tiny Itshekiri's? The Igbo tribes East or West of the Niger? cause it's outrightly preposterous that the same Western Igbos - assuming they are the ones Reno claimed were slaves) who remain among the elite few in Africa that successfully resisted the might of the British colonial empire in for more than two decades, were at any point in time slaves to a tiny Itshekiri tribe what wasn't even near the might and pedigree of any of the Igbo subgroups... or even the overrated Benin empire that got their arses handed to them by the British in just 3 days of fighting.

History is saddled with its equanimity, and it should be the exclusive preserve of sound and logical minds to preserve it.

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Lucifer1419: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

Ubulu gi ezughi ezu. Gi na onye bu Fulani?

Ina añu omo?
. Oga pack well, be proud of where you come from which is Fulani, the land of a terrorist organization, stop deceiving yourself, and don't quote me again, because I wouldn't reply you back
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by seunmsg(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
LegendHero:

Benin and Itsekiri took Igbo as slaves for centuries. Not mentioning the Igalas and Ijaws own. Chai!

Chai chai Reno get bad mouth.

By the way, what could have gone wrong between Reno and the Ibos? I thought he used to be the best thing after fried rice?

It was a marriage of convenience that was never going to last. The same thing happened between them and FFK. FFK and Reno understands them perfectly. If I start praising their hairy chest tonight, I will be the best thing since to have happened to them since Ofe Nsala was discovered by tomorrow morning. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by Ariani: 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Lucifer1419:
. Oga pack well, be proud of where you come from which is Fulani, the land of a terrorist organization, stop deceiving yourself, and don't quote me again, because I wouldn't reply you back

Lol!
Ewu gambia.
Continue sleeping on top bike.

Ika people who have been insulting Ndiigbo on top their Bini slavery they were embellishing, are same people tactless Igbos want to start taking bullets for, when we should be flinging them off the moving train into an incoming trailer to be crushed grin.

Ndi ubulu eke! You want to fight Ika war for them while they chillax and watch you take bullets for nothing.

Iberibe ruru uno-enu n'isi unu.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by EraseTheDot: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
LegendHero:

By the way, what does your moniker mean?

Do you mean erase the dot like when using eraser to erase a dot made by a pencil OR you mean erase the other dot that Jubril of Sudan mentioned?

Nwanyiogwashi come here and learn from this moniker erasethedot as he unveils the meaning behind his moniker.

Benin slave raiders erasing the dots since 1700.
Back then ibos were people from the interior. So they were easily a target of slave raid.
They should be thankful to the British, otherwise, many of them would have been on my farm climbing palm trees as labourers.

- erase the dot

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by melodyogonna(m): 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ariani:

This was from Pa. E.A Iduwe manuscript on Ika history.
There is no denying the fact that the Bini once enslaved the Ikas and that up till today, we can still see that Ikas are yet to recover from that Bini slavery psychologically. That's the origin of "We are from Bini" fables from Ika.
You probably don't know but conquering a people don't mean you enslaved them. What happens is that you impose a ruler and make them part of your empire, when they have enough firepower they fight back and overthrow the ruler you imposed. Slaves are taken during raids or immediately after the conquest by soldiers, they're usually the ones that fought in the battle against the invaders or the first people the invading army laid hands on. My point? Because a section of say ... Ika was ruled by Bini does not mean they were slaves.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by pacino26(m): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
I don't have to add to what Reno said or argue with him. He is well versed and I admire him for that.

I spent a good time in Ogidigben/Escravos doing business need I remind Reno that the inhabitants there have no access to good drinking water or fresh foods. They might have traded Igbo slaves but now it is safe to say the tribe is incapable of doing anything for themselves now or ever in the past for their own good.
Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by flamingREED(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
Historical battle like this, eh, na em sweet pass.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves by iSlayer: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
melodyogonna:

You probably don't know but conquering a people don't mean you enslaved them. What happens is that you impose a ruler and make them part of your empire, when they have enough firepower they fight back and overthrow the ruler you imposed. Slaves are taken during raids or immediately after the conquest by soldiers, they're usually the ones that fought in the battle against the invaders or the first people the invading army laid hands on. My point? Because a section of say ... Ika was ruled by Bini does not mean they were slaves.

Check their attitude today so you understand why they are ALL slaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Judiciary Denies Stopping Orbih,10 Others From Attending National Convention / Unidentified Man Ran Infront Of Peter Obi Convoy (Photos) / The Man General Sanni Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.