Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Getting Over Addictions.. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Over Addictions.. (48735 Views)

The Science Of Getting Over Depression / How To Win Over Addictions This Lockdown / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Shalommy(f): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
You take drugs because u're lonely and empty. U need to fall inlove and beloved by someone. That alone will occupy ur mind and drugs won't be needed again.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by MoneyTrees(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
But which one is;
Dis is just an ordinary water,but now the blood of Jesus.as i drink it... angry shocked sad

donbachi:
dat is the main problem.get out of it and u will see urself not doing the smoking and alcohol things.

I pray the urge for alternative lifestyle, smoking and drinking to die now,and whatever spirit dat is demanding them from u,i curse it to die now ijn.

Pour water in a glass cup and repeat the following;, Dis is just an ordinary water,but now the blood of Jesus.as i drink it let every urge to smoke and take alcohol die right now.let the blood of Jesus enter into my blood,veins and bone marrow and flush out smoking and drinking out of my entire body system...now and forevermore.ijn.

Before drinking it.plead the blood of Jesus into it 7 times.u can drop a number for futher follow up,if u want.
Shalom.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by sammirano: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
Robertgreene1:
my dear u re not alone...I've been there nd back nd I know how it feels like...
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....

Only you all this problem? And you no dey sleep for mfm.damn

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Hugocars: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
May God airpus
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by mbaboy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
Do you have a man in your life?
Candidlady:

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Amee101(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
You are on track my dear, I've been there and I'm happy to tell you that I'm clean now, I don't think of it or miss doing drugs. You've done yourself well by telling yourself that you don't want it again, that is the first step, acknowledgement, even when you find yourself doing it again, remind yourself that you want to leave a life outside it, always tell you conscious mind that, when you find yourself going back to it, never agree to the fact that its the best you can do.
2) Pick a pen and a paper, devide it into two, write down all the advantages of these things on one side, the disadvantages on the other side, both advantage and disadvantage with regards to you own personal life. Read it every morning and night, even when you still get high, read them and don't stop or give up.
3) Avoid places or people that bring back the sensation to you, these things are feeling and you have the power to control you feelings and emotions
4) Try new things like going out and mingling with people outside what you use to do before, maintain positive and clean interactions that make you happy. Try new habits like reading good books. Try to get back control of your mind/ thoughts pattern
5) Pray to God for help.
I trust you'll subconsciously come out of it.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
Diamondbreed:
well.it begins with u....i cud help u through series of session & conselling, vontact me through 09061831265...it doesnt matter where u reside.
hmmm, you won fvckk the girl, i know.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by IamPlato(m): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

This ain't just for me...

Share help on here so others can benefit
see the help book

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by jaxxy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

Addiction is real and deadly

To beat any addiction requires body conditioning which can easily be accomplished by physical and mental strength through certain endurance exercises, knowledge and skill. It’s hard bt it gets very easy once and everytime u beat the threshold points.

After is like part of u and u can control urself, body and mind quite easily.

Addiction is a nauty and sneaky mind game bt also more physical that many realize. Is also biological for certain chemical and drugs addiction so u must take certain things to deal with any possible uncomfortable or even adverse withdrawal effects.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by oloshun(m): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
Robertgreene1:
my dear u re not alone...I've been there nd back nd I know how it feels like...
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....

You have said it all and you spoke my mind. Though mine wasn't tramadol, it was heavy alcohol. Then suddenly I decided to stop. Guy, withdrawal is worst than addiction. I can't forget in my life; I was ay the airport in NJ that year, standing to board and this seizure happened. I woke up after 36 hours in hospital bed with stitches all over my face. I got home and after a week, I received the hospital bill, as high as it was, I determined that all the alcohol money will be going to the bill payment installments. It took me two years to pay off and since then, I too like water. Even Fanta is now expensive to me.
But CandidLady, it is hard, buy attainable. It is all about will and choice. I wish you the best. And talk more to people that have gone through the route.

7 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Zivaharry(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks
Chat me me on Whatsapp.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by thuxzwda1: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
author=Amee101 post=104434518]
3) Avoid places or people that bring back the sensation to you, these things are feeling and you have the power to control you feelings and emotions
4) Try new things like going out and mingling with people outside what you use to do before, maintain positive and clean interactions.[/quote]
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Collins4u1(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2021
I wish I know how to help �

May your soul find peace ✌️. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2021
Sister anything outside of Jesus’ help is superficial and cosmetic. It won’t cost you anything but a conscious and deliberate rejection and renouncing of any other life or association that you know is wrong and then accept Jesus into your soul as SAVIOR AND LORD. DON’T TRIVIALIZE THESE.JESUS LOVES YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Ten06(m): 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
I started smoking cigarettes when I was 19, and I smoked for more than 20 years before I could stopped it.
I smoke to the point that I almost damage every organ in my body.

What helped me is the free medical treatment I now enjoy, courtesy of my office. It was the treatment I received from those qualified doctors that made me to become healthy again. But despite that my eyes are still a little puffy

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by c4tnoelz: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

My sis, try go to Dunamis Church, apart from deliverance, they also have classes for addicts.
You shall overcome in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by RulerIAm(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2021
If it's possible, change location. Quit friends that indulges in it with you. Fall in Love with a GOOD man. And pls go back to God. God is still God without you but you can't be YOU without God. And trust me the YOU you are now is not YOU. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by TheOneOBI: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2021
Even if you've given up on GOD, doesn't mean GOD has given up on you. All HE wants grom you is to take the first step, HE's surely do the rest.
Candidlady:

I hope it works

Truth is I have given up on God... Like he never hears me..

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by noble2faith(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

Sorry to ask this, are u a northerner?
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Elitehub(f): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
NarcissistKing:

Shut the bleep up. Go back and read the title of the thread before you start acting like an intelligent drug ambassador here.
Do something recreational when that that feeling comes
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by olympio(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
You slept there over night and no harm came you way, no theft, kidnap case or rape. And you still think God has forgotten or doesn’t hear you.
Well God has not and he will not give up on you. For you to have shared this means it is really bad. It will end in priase.
Candidlady:

I hope it works

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Newcreation22: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
Try Suprabrain. It helps with drug withdrawal syndrome

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by 0dav2(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
Mine is too lengthy, I can't type really
But I'll tell you you're not the first person to be addicted , it's easy for one give you all kind of advice, but it what I noticed quickly help me while I was dying was I quickly made new job friends that don't have my kind of life I hang around them always I told some of them my reason for being around,from there one thought me piano and I gradually swinged to my good life....hmm Good will help you(Amen)

4 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Afodot0022(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
PLS GO TO MFM PRAYER CITY. THIS IS A DELIVERANCE CASE. TOU SHALL BE FREE IN JESUS NAME
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by livelyjobs: 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

Where u at?
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by FREEMADNESS: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
THE BITTER TRUTH.

ur addiction will continue to eat u up, u can't quit just like dat.
rehab doesn't help either.

change ur location look for a nice place where lively people are (not drug addicts)

fall in love.

reach out to old friends.

hang out more often and ensure d people around u are not Dan kwaya like u.

as it stands now u are suicidal and could die anytime soon.

determination is d key, nobody can safe u.

I have been to several rehab centers in different part of the country. as a matter of fact I spent most of my youthful years there, my family gave up on me, friends started avoiding me I even gave up on myself.

long story short..... I woke up one morning and said to myself "dude u have had enough it's time to wake up Cox u were not born with all dis sh**t".

withdrawal is d hardest part actually Cox I use to wake late at night grasping for breath ( it was d drugs da was making see things dis way)

I was a master in codeine, Rofphynol(Benzodiazepine), pentazocine and promate combo, k2 spice(Colorado), crack, Ice, Molly, crystal meth, e.t.c I was trying out all kinds of drugs.

my dear na only u fit help yourself if u no help yourself u go die like fowl and after months of mourning ur family go move ahead without u u don turn to one SPANNER LOST.

SAVE YOURSELF SO THAT GOD CAN SAVE. YOU
IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL DIE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Danjikanbauchi: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

which state are you currently, let me introduce you to a tab if you take one next time you see drugs you will be on the run.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by CUMIN: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

This is the core of your problem.

But first you need to leave that environment that empowered such behavior.

What you are lacking is lack of fulfilment.

I wish I had your number would have love to help.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Drella(m): 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ishilove:
Drug dealers are murderers.

You just comment insensitively!

Is it their wish?
Someone is crying for help, you're mentioning murderer...you need help!

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Damybabs: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Trust me, u are on the verge of genuine salvation.

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Zivaharry(m): 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

I hope it works

I'm working on how to stop M.t......not addicted anyways, but have to stop it in entirety.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much / Lady Shows Off Her Amazing Body Transformation (Photos) / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.