Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Getting Over Addictions.. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Over Addictions.. (48772 Views)

The Science Of Getting Over Depression / How To Win Over Addictions This Lockdown / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by CUMIN: 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
Afodot0022:
PLS GO TO MFM PRAYER CITY. THIS IS A DELIVERANCE CASE. TOU SHALL BE FREE IN JESUS NAME

This doesn't work. I can guarantee you that.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Peterosky(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jesterinjay:
sad
.The solution to your problem is very simple. Stop seeing every man as trash.The company of a good man can help you out of your situation.

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Belcon(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

Addiction is real and deadly
check my signature and contact me.sure in a month you will get over it..with God I promise.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by vickydevoka(m): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
I think if I can get over gambling (betting),I don't think there's nothing on this earth that no one can't get rid of,so long you've set your mind at it....
Oga gambling is not an addiction is gred for money. Bro drugs u feel it inside of you

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Kay25(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
Smoking is bad for the health. yeah true that but how come my soul and mental state ain't at peace until I take two sticks of dunhil with a mix of lexotan + dinamogyn

lack of real peace that is only found when you have Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by YMPada4: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
I think sincere stoppage of the drugs or other substances has to do with one's TOTAL readiness and determination. While some of us will be praying and commenting with solutions to this quagmire, you too can achieve this, all you need do is to; encourage, motivate and utilize this God given NOW in this. I hope this suffices. ALL THE BEST!

Candidlady:
As
a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Cyberblue(m): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
November24:

Keep being foolish.
You are just a fool for speaking ill about God when all you need is Him.

Foolish girl

But why do you lack common sense like this? You are only adding to her problem, she needs help, if you can’t why not shut up.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Laeroy(f): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across

I understand you perfectly, you're just like me but unlike you I don't do drugs, I'm happily married with kids, I don't lack the basic things of life yet I feel empty....if Motivational speakers were to judge me by my statement, they'll say I'm not purpose driven or do not have a dream I'm pursuing which is true....

Let's just say I'm just living for my family until the end of time.
Life makes no sense to me...
Feels like a rat race and running round circle.

8 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by TheZebra: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
which state are you currently, let me introduce you to a tab if you take one next time you see drugs you will be on the run.
Share it here
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Lightorder: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
Slowomirr, damn nigga, share with a sister how you have been coping
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Kay25(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
Thank God deep down you ..You want to quit that's the beginning of a journey to the end of it but you can't do it all yourself you need to both physically and spiritually but I would talk more of the spiritual angle since I know with God all things are possible.it is possible for you to quit that drugs so possible that in a matter of time you did forget you ever took drugs except when u need share experiences to encourage others ..what do you need do? A commitment to live in Jesus to have a life that is after Christ making HIM your Lord and personal savior and thereby delivering you from every bondage of drugs set to destroy you.I pray that in Jesus name the shackles of drugs is broken in your life and you are set free from it and forevemore.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by tunwumi: 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
My lady, I feel your pain and disappointment but keep working on it. It won't disappear on a single day as it didn't get there a day.

Keep company of true friends that will scold you real good. Take their scolding with joy as the only means of getting out you so desire

Also, involve God and it will be well.

Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Thanks

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by xtervaganza(m): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2021
Robertgreene1:
my dear u re not alone...I've been there nd back nd I know how it feels like...
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....
stories I like to read. God bless you and please never go back . I used to have deep hatred for people who do drugs until recently that I studied about their addiction. Please help others too.

Stay safe

3 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Qurungu: 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2021
Dear Sister,
Thank you for sharing. I feel inspired to sing this song for you; though I can’t, I’ll just write it’s lyrics here. The sum is this: the name of Jesus is the power and authority to break the hold those substances have on you.
May His love find you.
Much love.

The Name Above All Other Names (By Keith Moore)

There is a name above the heavens
Higher than names of earth
It is the name that brings deliverance
It’s the name above all other names

O it’s the name above all other names
And before it all must bow
Every wicked one come down
For it’s the name above all other names

There is a name above all sickness
Greater than all disease
It is the name that brings healing

And before it all must bow
Every wicked one come down
For it’s the name above all other names

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Digitalcreator(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
This is the only most expensive advice I will give you
Surround yourself with people who dont do drugs.
Let there lifestyle rub on you. The cure to addiction is to relearn and you can do that if you are in the midst of people who don't.

And talk to God one on one.. you don't need to shout just talk

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Omoluabiii(m): 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2021
Okay, help is what you need. I ve gat one for ya, i ll take you to a prayer session, and thorough deliverance will the unleached on you. And you ll never have the urge for drugs or whatever again.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by VanDerWaalforces: 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across
I get what you mean clearly. I think at this point, you need JESUS. He is the only one that can fill that void in U.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by nurain150(m): 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Really I would say Yes
witbdraw from coperate or local oloshoizm and clubbing
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Genesiis(m): 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
Franking:

God? Fvck God. U are the foolish one for believing and defending an impotent sky daddy. I dare God to do his worse.
God loves u sir, sometimes situations makes us question Him, but He still loves us. Jesus has already paid the price so you might wait a long time for God to react against you.

But the truth is, its dangerous not to have him in your life. God has nothing to loose if you don't serve Him, but you have everything to loose if you don't serve or love Him.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Jesterinjay: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Peterosky:
.The solution to your problem is very simple. Stop seeing every man as trash.The company of a good man can help you out of your situation.
bro i was referring to her
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by hyoid(m): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
Am passing through this same phase of addiction.
But chat me up let's share a rehab procedure given to me by psychologist.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by melayemi: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Robertgreene1:
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....

Bro I think am worst of, my alcohol addiction is at its peak and when I try to cut it of I only go back worst .... I hope I can be alcohol free someday

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Iseoluwani: 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Robertgreene1:
Shalom....

Having used alcohol as a sedative, are you still taking alcohol?
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Iseoluwani: 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
donbachi:
dat is the main problem.get out of it and u will see urself not doing the smoking and alcohol things.

I pray the urge for alternative lifestyle, smoking and drinking to die now,and whatever spirit dat is demanding them from u,i curse it to die now ijn.

Pour water in a glass cup and repeat the following;
Dis is just an ordinary water,but now the blood of Jesus.as i drink it,let every urge to smoke and take alcohol die right now.let the blood of Jesus enter into my blood,veins and bone marrow and flush out smoking and drinking out of my entire body system...now and forevermore.ijn.

Before drinking it.plead the blood of Jesus into it 7 times.u can drop a number for futher follow up,if u want.
Shalom.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by mechanics(m): 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
It's prayer that will solve the issue.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by andyblinks05: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

I was once addicted to tramadol, that's one of the hardest drug to overcome its addiction. I was so addicted to it to the point that I can't wake up from bed without poping it. I overcame by reducing my dosage even though it was tough but it was the best remedy. And the I used weed as a condenser when I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms. See one advice to you stop taking all this AZ,SK,Colorado when you want to smoke. Meet a local weed dealer and tell him to give you selection. I swear you can over any addiction with weed only
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by lasisi69(f): 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
donbachi:
Dont worry,the hands of ur troubles are broken..and never give up on GOD,he shows up in the midst of it all..he is right there with u.
You saw her last Paragraph, and you still went ahead to write this... Ask God , to give you the spirit of Discernment undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off Her Amazing Body Transformation (Photos) / Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.