Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer (28038 Views)

Bank Plus Core Banking Software/web App In Nigeria / What Every Aspiring Software Developer Must Know! VERY IMPORTANT / Aspiring Software Developer Seeking An Environment Contribute And Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
de3lar:
You're moving fast man.

Keep it up.
Thanks buddy smiley
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by IhateRetards: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2021
Guy Keep up the good work ,you be inspiration when I no get inspiration
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2021
It's a beautiful morning D! Resumed work yesterday.. I'm just thinking about the stress, but I'll be good. cool

I learnt about some new stuff yesterday, and they include:
1. The return statement - used to make sure the value of a function can be used outside it.
2. Order - Making sure we declare variables and constants at the top of code, also noting that functions can be placed anywhere.
3. Global and local scope - A variable can be declared at the top of the of js page, and not defined, but can be called at any point in the page. Also noting that every code after a return statement in a function doesn't get executed.
4. How to add an event listener to our code.
5. JavaScript reads any line of html code as string automatically. But this can be converted to a number using the parseInt, parseFloat, and + sign before the string.
6. A number can be converted to a string using . toString() function.

Later D.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
IhateRetards:
Guy Keep up the good work ,you be inspiration when I no get inspiration
Thanks boss
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by EricBraven: 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
MirthOsas:

Hey Eric, I just started JavaScript, still interested?
Yeah
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
Wassup D! It's been a lil while.

JavaScript isn't easy I must confess, the course I downloaded isn't really for beginners oo, because my head don dey scatter like this,grin grin coupled with the fact that work hasn't been easy on me.

I've resolved to learn js using another route, I downloaded a book - JavaScript Novice to Ninja, it seems really easy to follow. I'll use the book alongside the course by Maximilian Schwarzmuller.

My motivation is being put to the test, but I'll be fine. cool cool

See ya!

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by sosowater: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hey bro, @MirthOsas Been a while. Hope you're good.

Your diary is waiting for you.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
sosowater:
Hey bro, @MirthOsas Been a while. Hope you're good.

Your diary is waiting for you.
Hey buddy, thanks for reaching out. JavaScript hasn't been easy at all, I had to stop using the course I downloaded and got a book - JavaScript Novice to Ninja, which kinda simplifies things. I jumped on the course again from the start and it's been a smooth ride so far. Updates would come in soon. smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2021
Sup D! This dude is back and this time, for real!

I did have an issue comprehending some of the basics of JS using the course by Maximilian. I had to stop using the course, then I downloaded a book - JavaScript Novice to Ninja, which has proved to be really helpful.

I've covered a huge part of the book and decided to start the course by Maximilian all over again, and so far it's been a really smooth ride.

There'll be more updates here D! I do hope I don't lose focus, consistency and motivation.

Cheers to better days!

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by LikeAking: 10:13am On Nov 03, 2021
MirthOsas:
Sup D! This dude is back and this time, for real!

I did have an issue comprehending some of the basics of JS using the course by Maximilian. I had to stop using the course, then I downloaded a book - JavaScript Novice to Ninja, which has proved to be really helpful.

I've covered a huge part of the book and decided to start the course by Maximilian all over again, and so far it's been a really smooth ride.

There'll be more updates here D! I do hope I don't lose focus, consistency and motivation.

Cheers to better days!

Good luck.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
LikeAking:

Good luck.

Thanks Boss.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by The5DME(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
MirthOsas:

Thanks Boss.
bro, please can u share that fullstack web development course u have?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Hey D! It's good to be back.
Prior to last night, I had learnt about: variables and constants, operators, data types, return statement, data type conversion, creating arrays and objects. All introductions though.

Last night, I learnt about:
1. If statements and boolean operators.
2. The if, else and else-if statements.
3. The logical AND and OR operators -- && and ||.
4. Operator precedence and the sequence that is followed when expressions, statements and functions are being executed.
5. Truthy and Falsy values - when js forces a boolean on a function or variable when it is compared on its own.

JS is pretty much coming together, and I'd like to say D! That I'm back for good, no more excuses.

I'd also like to appreciate some of the persons I've met through this platform (I'll mention y'all subsequently), y'all have been sources of motivation. I'm grateful guys.

I'll see ya later this evening D!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2021
So I learnt some new stuff, they include:
1. More indepth knowledge of the if, else and else if statements.
2. The ternary operator which could be used to represent the if else statement.
3. The Switch - case statement, this can be used in stead of the the if-else statement where there are lots of else ifs grin, but when there's basically just a single condition.
4. Intro to loops - the for, for-of, for-in and while loops.

I sincerely cannot wait to get to the module where I'd start manipulating the contents of a webpage using JS - DOM. One step at a time I guess. grin

Later D!
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by The5DME(m): 6:14am On Nov 09, 2021
MirthOsas:
Yay! D..

I can now say this dude is done with HTML! cheesy cheesy I learned how to create buttons; drop-down menus and how to embed videos today. With these and the others I've learned thus far, I have completed HTML! cool cool

I'll just practice everything I have learned tonight, and create a project tomorrow.

It's also important to note that I have downloaded the course on CSS suggested by the boss @tensazangetsu20: CSS - The complete guide by Maximilian Schwartz.

I'll be delving into CSS from Thursday. I'm all pumped up mehn! cool cool wink
How do you know when you're done with HTML? Because it seems u didn't spend too much time with it. I've been learning html for like one week plus now, and there's still a lot to learn.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 9:14am On Nov 09, 2021
The5DME:
How do you know when you're done with HTML? Because it seems u didn't spend too much time with it. I've been learning html for like one week plus now, and there's still a lot to learn.

Hey buddy, I actually stated that in the context of the course I used for html. I discover new stuff on html daily, I never knew about the progress tag until some days back. We keep learning grin grin
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by The5DME(m): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2021
MirthOsas:

Hey buddy, I actually stated that in the context of the course I used for html. I discover new stuff on html daily, I never knew about the progress tag until some days back. We keep learning grin grin
How many weeks did you spend learning HTML?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2021
The5DME:
How many weeks did you spend learning HTML?
I think it was one week.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 12:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Hey D! I'm still hanging on. wink wink
I learnt some new stuff recently, they include:
1. The differences between ES5 and ES6+.
2. Differences between VAR, LET and CONST keywords.
3. Methods
4. Function expressions and function declarations/statements.
5. Anonymous functions.
6. Arrow functions.

It really hasn't been easy, but I'll keep keeping on. smiley

More updates coming in soonest D! Later!
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Omo! Work was stressful today. I actually am handling my first major project at work and it's draining. undecided undecided I'll be fine though.

So, I learnt some new things: Creating default parameters for functions, and Rest parameters/operators.

Tomorrow it'll be D!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by rainlover(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
MirthOsas:
Omo! Work was stressful today. I actually am handling my first major project at work and it's draining. undecided undecided I'll be fine though.

So, I learnt some new things: Creating default parameters for functions, and Rest parameters/operators.

Tomorrow it'll be D!
can you share some of the courses?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Whew! Finally finished the module on DOM manipulation. I learnt the following:
1. How to select elements in the DOM.
2. DOM traversal.
3. Nodes.
4. How to select sibling elements, parent elements and parent nodes.
5. How to create elements using JavaScript.
6. How to remove and replace elements.

Omo! Programming requires consistency oo.. I'll be good though, it's only a matter of time.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
rainlover:
can you share some of the courses?
I currently use JavaScript - the complete guide by Maximilian Schwarzmuller
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hey D! I want to pop champagne!! grin grin

I finally deployed my first fairly responsive dummy website using HTML, SCSS and a lil bit of JavaScript, link is given below.

https://mirthosas.github.io/Traveasy-Project/

The journey hasn't been easy, and the pace at which I started has reduced, but I'm not going to give up, I'll keep keeping on.

I could have written the code a lot better, we'll keep improving daily.

Cheers to progress D!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by rainlover(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
MirthOsas:

I finally deployed my first fairly responsive dummy website using HTML, SCSS and a lil bit of JavaScript, link is given below.

The journey hasn't been easy, and the pace at which I started has reduced, but I'm not going to give up, I'll keep keeping on.

Cheers to progress D!

Bro, can pls help me with your learning materials?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by rainlover(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
MirthOsas:

Cheers to progress D!

I just checked site. I'm wowed at the rate at which You have Improved.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2021
rainlover:

Bro, can pls help me with your learning materials?

Definitely. I could send the links to the courses used so far.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2021
rainlover:

I just checked site. I'm wowed at the rate at which You have Improved.

Thanks man
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by rainlover(m): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2021
MirthOsas:

Pls send o.
You could also send to my WhatsApp.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MyAmericandream(f): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
MirthOsas:
Hey Diary smiley

I created you to keep track of my progress as I venture into learning software/web development and eventually become an established developer.

Today I downloaded a course: The Ultimate Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp by Kalob Taulien. Going through the contents, Kalob advised that one of the best editors is VS Code, so I downloaded it too.

So far, I have learned how to customize the VS Code editor; create an html file; add the html, head, title, body, bold, italic and underline opening and closing tags. I also learned how to link different pages both internal and external.

Tired already, see ya tomorrow my dearest diary. cool

P.S: Special thanks to the ogas at the top, the likes of @tensazangetsu20. Going through your thread on the languages newbies should learn was a huge source of motivation. I'm grateful boss.
did you get the material for free? If you have the link , kindly send!
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by 2braithe: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Please whoever has a working laptop he/she is not using should please gift me.
I don't want this Passion to die because of poverty.Help a student. cry
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by rainlover(m): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
MirthOsas:

I'm still expecting the files o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project / Development Agencies The Best Magento Marketplace Multi Vendor Module - Magebay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.