Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver (6653 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / My Experience As A Bar Man In A Lagos Brothel . ( Life lesson) / Lady Recounts Her Experience As A Side Chick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Good evening everyone

Am here to share my one time experience as a nigeria dangote driver. ...
After i left secondary school, no money to further my education (even till now) grin but God no go shame us.

I no see work do, so one of my run-away uncle who reside in ogun state called me one blessed morning to come. Make him help me find work...

Am from idah in kogi state. I was happy, atleast i was steping out of idah for the first time... Na so i just de smile sheeply grin grin ...

I went to park.
From park, we headed straight to edo. (from idah to edo na untop water una go pass). They carry our car enter ship. Then we (the passanger) was just hanging around the boat...

What a nice ride...

Finally we landed.

We enter our car back and zoom off.
We pass through edo -auchi - benin city- shagamu - ijebo_ode...

To cut the story short. I LANDED AT OGUN STATE.

My uncle reside at 'igbogila'

Typing...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
I stay there like 3 month looking for work, still no work in sight.

My uncle came back from work one evening and ask me 'if i whould like to be a conductor to any dangote driver ?' ...

I ask if they will pay me money, he said NO that 'if you become a conductor for like 7 month (depend on your mental sharpness) that they (dangote company) will give you your own truck...

I said ok lemme think about it.

I kept looking for work everywhere to no avail.

then i told my uncle that 'am intrested in the job'... (my worst mistake ever) ...

He took me to the company located at 'EBESE'... We met with one driver who's also an igala man. From dekina.

After some mouth to mouth tutorial, he said i should resume the next day...

The next day i went to meet him with my load of : tooth brush, soap, and any other things a ramdom unemployed nigeria guy will have.

He took me to his truck with my load and i drop it there...

Note:
Dangote has two type of truck... HOWO AND SHACKMAN

Typing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
He also has two type of cement... Silo and bags.

(1) Silo is a powdered cement used by some construction company..

You can't use the cement in 'silo' to build house. Because na him strong pass and moreover it has to go through some process before usage.

(2) bags are those ones wey una de see everywhere.. Una fit use dat one build house..

I FOLLOWED "SILO"

Our first trip was lagos.

Na there i know say dangote driver are naturally disadvantage to driving existence.

We followed 'ilaro' road then we came to 'kpa-kpa' road, then 'ifo' down to 'sango' toll-gate...
Then we arrived at lagos. ... Omo come see me as village boy wey never enter lagos before.. I was just shining teeth anyhow sheeplly grin ..my oga just landed me one hot slap an told me not look anyhow again. E pain me.

He told me to just focus on his leg and gear... Na so i just de look leg and gear sotey we reach our destination... cheesy ...

We actually came to drop cement that was ordered for at one company behind 'national thearter'

Typing

10 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
To cut the long story short...

I did one year there before i realize that i can't continue...

What makes me not to continue was that..

(1) as a conductor na only 500 naira be your daily chop-money.
(2) you hardly take your bath: I was inside car complete 7days without bathing around 'eko hotel' . That construction company located at old-beach... Beach wey dem sand-fill.
(3) you are a thief: you can't be a dangote driver and don't thief. sometime we thief fuel wey de inside truck. And sometime we sold out sold-out some cement and lied that 'agbero' beat us and took it.
(4) no money inside: the average salary of any dangote driver is just 37,000... Out of that money, u will settle 'motor-boy' 500 naira everyday. Hence the reason why u have to thief.
(5) you are living monster : sometime while driving, you don't see other vehicle as car. ..

Typing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by doggedfighter(f): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by CaroLyner(f): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
A
come and update your story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by dingbang(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
CaroLyner:
you still dey exist for nl? shocked
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by CaroLyner(f): 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
dingbang:
you still dey exist for nl? shocked
grin Of course

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Iyasaburi: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nairaland hushpuppi scammer!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
I will sometime insult elder on the way.

I will delibratly splash dirty water on people and i will hear something like:

"werey.. God punish you"..

(6) you must carry juju (charm) : Yes u heard me right... You don ever see where dangote truck ran into people or market and the driver was there? No... U must carry charm..
I left the work and went back to my state...

Now am in my state.

The end.

Lalasticlala

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Iyasaburi:
Nairaland hushpuppi scammer!
I hope you are alright?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Tales of Juliusmumu. cool

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
Doja2000:
Lols...no be only juliusmumu, na juliusmoimoi cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
CaroLyner:
Updated
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
Doja2000:

SmellySperm:

Lols...no be only juliusmumu, na juliusmoimoi cheesy

I feel like beating two of una cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by apostle96: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
So where is your own truck
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I feel like beating two of una cheesy
Guy I dey para for u since.
Run am na abeg, na beg i dey beg u Julius my main paddy
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
apostle96:
So where is your own truck
I drop it for them....
Such an horrible experience...
Am now in kogi state enjoying my life

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by ekeday(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

(2) you hardly take your bath: I was inside car complete 7days without bathing around 'eko hotel' . That construction company located at old-beach... Beach wey dem sand-fill.
(3) you are a thief: you can't be a dangote driver and don't thief. sometime we thief fuel wey de inside truck. And sometime we sold out sold-out some cement and lied that 'agbero' beat us and took it.
(4) no money inside: the average salary of any dangote driver is just 37,000... Out of that money, u will settle 'motor-boy' 500 naira everyday. Hence the reason why u have to thief.
(5) you are living monster : sometime while driving, you don't see other vehicle as car. ..

Typing.
see story lol grin
Juliusmomoh:

Typing.
see story lol
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
An entertaining read smiley

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by uthlaw: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I drop it for them....

Such an horrible experience...

Am now in kogi state enjoying my life
what are you doing in kogi that you are enjoying?
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
ekeday:
see story lol grin see story lol
Hahaha..
Na so we see am o grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Curious345: 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

(6) you must carry juju (charm) : Yes u heard me right... You don ever see where dangote truck ran into people or market and the driver was there? No... U must carry charm..

What is the work of the charm that "you must carry"
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
Curious345:

What is the work of the charm that "you must carry"
It will just makes u vanished
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by dingbang(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
CaroLyner:
grin Of course
chai . Thats cool. So which state you base now
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Curious345: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

It will just makes u vanished
waw.
Does the motor boy also vanish? Or its only the driver?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by obinna58(m): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
Lol
So you just come wast some years and go back to start afresh

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Juliusmomoh: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
Curious345:
waw. Does the motor boy also vanish? Or its only the driver?
Only the driver..
When i was with my oga, he ask me
'if the truck loss brake now, what will you do ?'..
I said " i will just cry"
He start lauging. He never tell or gimme anything until i graduate from him...
My last with him, he gave the ring to me...
He told me never to give any motor-boy.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Emmypure: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
E
Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Blacknote: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
Wow, what a romantic masterpiece. This is up there with Shakespeare's much ado about nothing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Nigeria Truck Driver by Curious345: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Only the driver..

When i was with my oga, he ask me

'if the truck loss brake now, what will you do ?'..

I said " i will just cry"

He start lauging. He never tell or gimme anything until i graduate from him...

My last with him, he gave the ring to me...

He told me never to give any motor-boy.
ok the charm is in the ring

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Certain Nairaland Member Called Me And My Husband To Destroy My Marriage / I'm Hitting On A 42-year Old Woman And She's Down. / Lady Reveal What Her 10yr Old Bro Did After He Saw Her With Bumshort In The Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.