Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4621509 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (6204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
medjai:

Cruel, cruel match. How did Spain not win. We totally owned England. 347 passes completed to England's 75.
Great game nonetheless. Spain did everything but score. Villa hit the post; rounded Hart but couldn't score. Fabregas missed some very clear cut chances.
There's isn't much you can do when there are 9 players behind the ball everytime.

Actually in that game I saw a glimpse of the old Spain. Lacking in ruthlessness.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
medjai:

Cruel, cruel match. How did Spain not win. We totally owned England. 347 passes completed to England's 75.
Great game nonetheless. Spain did everything but score. Villa hit the post; rounded Hart but couldn't score. Fabregas missed some very clear cut chances.
There's isn't much you can do when there are 9 players behind the ball everytime.

Care to explain the bolded word in your write-up . . . . cheesy

Spain were just lucky to win the euro and the worldcup, i doubt if they will win anything except drastic measures are put in place. I am tired of seeing busquets and alonso in the starting eleven, just bench one of them and throw in another attacking midfielder. Spain were not playing like this prior to 2005, i like the way they play no doubt but there is just no bite upfront.

They should make use of all the strategies that abounds la-liga and not rely solely on the barca style of play. Well you get that style of play when most of the players are from barca but there are other players there also that needs to fit into the national team system. Sometimes you need fast wingers to draw two or three sit tight defenders out of position and create spaces for others to move in. Actually to me they would have won if they benched one of alonso/busquets and include mata/carzola in that lineup.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2011
Pharoh:

Care to explain the bolded word in your write-up . . . . cheesy

Spain were just lucky to win the euro and the worldcup, i doubt if they will win anything except drastic measures are put in place. I am tired of seeing busquets and alonso in the starting eleven, just bench one of them and throw in another attacking midfielder. Spain were not playing like this prior to 2005, i like the way they play no doubt but there is just no bite upfront.

They should make use of all the strategies that abounds la-liga and not rely solely on the barca style of play. Well you get that style of play when most of the players are from barca but there are other players there also that needs to fit into the national team system. Sometimes you need fast wingers to draw two or three sit tight defenders out of position and create spaces for others to move in. Actually to me they would have won if they benched one of alonso/busquets and include mata/carzola in that lineup.
@ bolded: I'm a Spaniard, lol.
I don't get why VdB still plays a double pivot in midfield.
Spain were actually more fluid and played better with a 4-1-4-1 when Aragones was in charge.
Spain's build up is too slow. They lack any real width.
Spain should drop Alonso, they don't need him in the team, move Iniesta back to midfield and have another attacker on the wing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2011
^^ Alonso was their best player yesterday, they should drop the grossly overrated Busquets tongue tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2011
Pharoh:

Care to explain the bolded word in your write-up . . . .  cheesy

They should make use of all the strategies that abounds la-liga and not rely solely on the barca style of play. Well you get that style of play when most of the players are from barca but there are other players there also that needs to fit into the national team system.  Sometimes you need fast wingers to draw two or three sit tight defenders out of position and create spaces for others to move in. Actually to me they would have won if they benched one of alonso/busquets and include mata/carzola in that lineup.

The WC maybe, not the Euro. In the Euro, they did not play 4-2-3-1, but played 4-1-4-1, and their play under Aragones was much more direct. The games against Russia and Germany were especially tasty.
At SA 2010, it was more a traditional tiki-taka, keeping the ball away from the opposition. That's the only similarity with FCB that Del Bosque's team.

I think they would have struggled yesterday, as England had obviously decided to pack men behind the ball and defend with 3 lines. Also, I may be wrong, but I saw the Spanish back line a tad bit challenged for pace, especially when Wellbeck came in. The English had no creativity, but were feisty enough to harry Spain into set-piece errors. Defence is still the Achilles heel for modern Spain.

Ah well, it was only a friendly anyway cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2011
ritchboy:

^^ Alonso was their best player yesterday, they should drop the grossly overrated Busquets tongue tongue

spoken like a true football illiterate that you are.
sergio busquets? overrated? he's easily the best defensive midfielder in the whole of europe since 2009.
always available to receive a pass, always available to thwart threats.

barcelona - messi = spain.

without the little argie yesterday, spain's final third was poor!
the defence and midfield played very well. england did nothing to hurt them apart from the lucky goal.

england only got a bit better after the xavi/iniesta axis went off for the poor cesc fabregas.
it's a friendly, spain have lost to argentina, portugal and other shitty countries in the friendlies.

in a proper tournament, england would be decimated.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
coogar:

spoken like a true football illiterate that you are.
sergio busquets? overrated? he's easily the best defensive midfielder in the whole of europe since 2009.
always available to receive a pass, always available to thwart threats

Best defensive midfielder in Europe since 2009. . . You've just succeeded in proving he is indeed overrated.

Of course they told you he's the best thing since sliced bread on zonal-marking and being the mindless creature you are, you've accepted it as the gospel truth! cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^
Busquets had his most brilliant season in 2010/11. 2009/10, he was just coming into his own. This season he has been sub-par, obviously struggling for fitness.
His style of play is different and intriguing, more suited for traditional tiki-taka than the modern game, but he's got many flaws in my view.

Many of them are defensive flaws. In 2009/10 and 2010/11, he showed himself as more of a passmaster than a destroyer, and holds the ball up pretty well. But his tackling is awful, and he seems to be better at drawing fouls than avoiding them, hence his moniker Biscuit. Also, I don't see him marshalling the midfield and controlling the ball distribution like a Xavi would.

All told, I think he is yet to fully come into his own. To his credit though, he looks like one of the few players at Barca that can easily play for any other team at the top level.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2011
ritchboy:

Best defensive midfielder in Europe since 2009. . . You've just succeeded in proving he is indeed overrated.

how is he overrated? who is better than him, alex song?

Of course they told you he's the best thing since sliced bread on zonal-marking and being the mindless creature you are, you've accepted it as the gospel truth! cheesy

busquets, a young midfielder who has won almost all the available trophies in club football is over-rated? you are a disgrace. busquets is an excellent midfielder(ignore his theatrics) and if arsenal had a player like him in the last 4 years, you won't be celebrating 7th season without a league title, you palm-oil licking roach! grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by montelik(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
coogar:

busquets, a young midfielder who has won almost all the available trophies in club football is over-rated? you are a disgrace. busquets is an excellent midfielder(ignore his theatrics) and if arsenal had a player like him in the last 4 years, you won't be celebrating 7th season without a league title, you palm-oil licking roach! grin

Disagree. Arsenal condition is more complex than simply bringing in one player, even it were Pele at his peak. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hannie: 12:38am On Nov 17, 2011
coogar:

Song is better than Biscuits . . . tongue

yes! u know it . . .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 12:39am On Nov 17, 2011
hannie:

Song is better than Biscuits . . . tongue

yes! u know it . . .

if alex song is better than sergio, song wont be playing at the emirates!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 4llerbe(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
i know u will still continue arguing blindly.

a Barca fan, who knows more football than u do, knows his players more than u can or will ever know said this just 4 posts above

:
AjanleKoko:

^^
Busquets had his most brilliant season in 2010/11. 2009/10, he was just coming into his own. This season he has been sub-par, obviously struggling for fitness.
His style of play is different and intriguing, more suited for traditional tiki-taka than the modern game, but he's got many flaws in my view.

Many of them are defensive flaws. In 2009/10 and 2010/11, he showed himself as more of a passmaster than a destroyer, and holds the ball up pretty well. But his tackling is awful, and he seems to be better at drawing fouls than avoiding them, hence his moniker Biscuit. Also, I don't see him marshalling the midfield and controlling the ball distribution like a Xavi would.

All told, I think he is yet to fully come into his own. To his credit though, he looks like one of the few players at Barca that can easily play for any other team at the top level.

yet he is the best DM in europe in the last two years? i suppose that will include this season too?

U need deliverance
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
4llerbe:

yet he is the best DM in europe in the last two years? i suppose that will include this season too?

It would be hard to say that. But it'll be tough to say no also. The guy played at the top level consistently for club and country in the last 2 years. And many of the big names in the business are not looking so good these days.

Who would we say are in the top 5, really?
Xabi Alonso? Brilliant but with a chip on his shoulder.
De Rossi? Someone I like but his club aint helping.
Carrick? Slower by the day.
Diarra? I no fit laugh.
Song? If only he could maintain some football sense.
Khedira? Dodgy.
Mascherano? Chip on his shoulder I think.
Wilshere? Bright spark, if he can stay fit.
Thiago Motta? Kinda average.
Tolulalan? Boring, almost anonymous.
Van Bommel? Sir Crazy. Now just a foolish guy on the pitch jare.
Cambiasso? A great player[b] in his day[/b]. His day has surely passed.
De Jong? Bone Crusher. Not an elegant player by any means.

The thing Busquets has going for him is the fact that he is very clever. World Soccer calls him the master of the simple pass. I like that about him, he has the ability to hold up the ball and link up play very good. But I'm sure half the opposing midfielders or strikers would like to kill him for his dives grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
Hope our post-international break hoodoo doesn't raise its head again. We can't afford any more slip ups.
Pedro might return for this one.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2011
Average performance by Barca standards. It could have well been 8-0 if the chances in the first half had been properly utilized. Messi's tiredness showed to a large extent in my view. The normal fit Messi would have torn this Zaragoza to shreds.

We hope for a draw against Milan. A game in the San Siro always makes me uncomfortable.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2011
El Pulga was unnecessarily selfish in the first half undecided Nice game nonetheless from the boys. Good to have Villa on the score sheet. smiley

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
Cuenca vs Zaragoza:
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZjOEkiz8M[/flash]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Average performance by Barca standards. It could have well been 8-0 if the chances in the first half had been properly utilized. Messi's tiredness showed to a large extent in my view. The normal fit Messi would have torn this Zaragoza to shreds.

We hope for a draw against Milan. A game in the San Siro always makes me uncomfortable.

That makes "WE" two. Would also be happy with a draw.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biolabee(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
I feeel Cuenca was impressive for his debut(sic)
Sanchez is not as sharp as he was early days
All in all a good game but the Q is why does Messi play all 90 mins

These teams play their all against Barca but lay down for Real's thrashing
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hannie: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
AC Milan wins this again grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by elowa: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^Dr Kit, Tot u shd know better by now. . .this is barca we talking about
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hannie: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
no vex . . .I bin think say na Kano Pillars

pele ti e shogbo grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2011
biolabee:

I feeel Cuenca was impressive for his debut(sic)
Sanchez is not as sharp as he was early days
All in all a good game but the Q is why does Messi play all 90 mins

These teams play their all against Barca but lay down for Real's thrashing

I agree. Why must Messi play 90 mins once he starts a match? Doesn't matter if we're winning 10-0, Pep never takes him off.

As for Sanchez, I've not seen any great game he has played for us so far. Hope he improves to the level of the Udinese clips we saw in the summer.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2011
Great start! Good to score early.

But this Pep's line-up is not comfortable for me sha! I'm always nervous when Busi plays CB, especially against a top team. Puyol at RB & Keita in DMF also not ideal. I woulda preferred to see Maxwell at LB & Abidal in CB with Masch.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
Milan score just as I was complaining about the defensive line-up.

And Ibra of all people!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
I can't believe Messi missed from inside the 6-yard box!!!

Other than that, Messi looks a bit tired when making the runs. Tired from 90 mins over the weekend after a jet-lagged week, after playing 2 full internationals? I'm sure I would be,
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
Looks like we switched to 3-4-3 as Busi is now moving up and Puyol is no longer spending time on the flanks, interesting stuff
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
Stealthy:

But this Pep's line-up is not comfortable for me sha! I'm always nervous when Busi plays CB, especially against a top team. Puyol at RB & Keita in DMF also not ideal. I woulda preferred to see Maxwell at LB & Abidal in CB with Masch.

Took the words right out of my mouth embarassed
Nobody is providing cover for Puyol at right back. Ibra and Seedorf are trying to raid down that flank.
I wonder why they did not play Maxwell, after the good form he showed at the weekend. Anyway, let's watch on. I don't like playing at the San Siro, against AC Milan of all teams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^^
We conceded as I was reading your post. Defence opened up again. With Pato in, we definitely need some changes at the back. Pique is on the bench & should come in.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
You know Messi is tired when he loses a dash against Zambrotaa who is almost old enough to be his dad.

But who cares about tiredness when he can pick out Xavi with a perfect pass.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
Stealthy:

You know Messi is tired when he loses a dash against Zambrotaa who is almost old enough to be his dad.

But who cares about tiredness when he can pick out Xavi with a perfect pass.

Yes oh.
But man, our defence is really being asked questions these days. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (6204) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.