Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Trails of Green (T.O.G) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trails of Green (T.O.G) (18467 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

Add Norway in place of Portugal.
And these countries you listed have language barriers which is needed for you to integrate well into their system.
Except like said, you just need them as a stepping stone.

Norway is the 2nd most expensive country to live in. It's way too expensive for someone who want to economize like me grin

Portugal on the other hand is cheaper than Norway. Plus it's easier to get PR in Portugal than in Norway.

I always say this, language can never be a barrier. It's an added advantage. Since we don't have the required amount of money to enter our dream country, there's no harm in learning the language of the country you want to choose as a stepping stone.

3 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

True
Thanks

If you are interested in Poland, talk to Subomi007

2 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

South Africa is not ordinary o cheesy and Nigeria is not the giant of Africa, Giant of Africa title should be awarded to either Egypt or South Africa. When you check positive indexes, you hardly find Nigeria on the top 10 list except for entertainment.

That is by the way. Some Nigerians have used other African countries to go to western world. In Seychelles for example, it's very easy to get visa over there cos the processing time is very fast if not the fastest in the whole of Africa. I heard it takes less than a day to get Schengen visa but i don't know if it's possible to get it as a resident in that country.

How i wish I was a Seychellois, i wouldn't have even thought of leaving the country.

Seychelles is visa free for nigerians and one the strongest African passport in the world.

No collect our "Giant of africa" tittle give another country biko. Allow make we hold m dey console ourselves ��

Reason why i called SA ordinary not really for anthing bad but cos we are all Africans per say.
One thing these develop countries look out in visa processing is the ECONOMY of the country they are applying from...speaking from experience.
As long as you ain't in Nigeria, your chances of getting any visa of your choice is high.
If you are in nigeria, na prayers go full your package.

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

Norway is the 2nd most expensive country to live in. It's way too expensive for someone who want to economize like me grin

Portugal on the other hand is cheaper than Norway. Plus it's easier to get PR in Portugal than in Norway.

I always say this, language can never be a barrier. It's an added advantage. Since we don't have the required amount of money to enter our dream country, there's no harm in learning the language of the country you want to choose as a stepping stone.

Well this is true.
Besides, i thought we were talking about just schooling and not to PR process level tho.
Norway is second to Germany in terms of development and all that and you can move to germany from there reason why i said that.

Having PR in places where to integrate will take a long while is kinda uneasy too except like you said one needs to be ready to take whatever step needed including learning their language.
I love your Energy too.

Errrrmmmm...
Norway get stockfish ooo incase you wan change mind����

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Brawlscartel(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

Bro how is Portugal PR easy... please explain....
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
2 PhD positions in carbon cycle science- University of Delaware https :/ /t. co/ 3KGmrCQO9V

I put space in between cos of antispam bot

1 Share

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by ProJectAnatot(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

It depends on the course/program, country and school.
The US have more funding compared to canada and Uk.
That doesnt mean those countries dont give too.

You need to sacrifice to get what you want, especially when it has to do with long term goals like this.
People are dying to have just partial funding sef so if you see one be happy.

You just have to make research.
I hope job route is fast for you tho.
U can Follow some academic twitter to know more about UK.
OK thank you.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
I am recruiting a fully funded Master's student in Environment and Geography at the University of Manitoba to conduct research on Indigenous-led Community-Based Monitoring and environmental governance. Please forward to any suitable candidate.

https:// t. co /CANBWXnFe9

This was posted by @NicoleJoyWilson on Twitter. If you study geography at the BSC level, you might want to give this a try

For more info, check the link out or Nicole's page on Twitter.

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Thread on how to apply for Swiss government excellence fellowship by Sanya Jain (her twitter handle is sjay_yayy)

-1/ Types of scholarship offered:

Research (pre-doctoral, doctoral, post-doctoral). A master’s degree is required to apply for this.

Arts: For students who wish to pursue a Master’s degree in a Swiss university or conservatory.....

- 2/ Visit the scholarship website (mentioned in the image below) to see what conditions apply for YOUR country:

Select your country from the list (see the video below). https:/ /t. co /W3aoaqBFfc

-Download the application documents. These documents will tell you the APPLICATION PROCEDURE:

-Eligibility and selection criteria

-Timeframe of the application

-Universities where you should contact your host supervisor

-Deadline

cool
- Contact information (email ID) to get the relevant application forms (personal information form, research proposal form, letter of recommendation forms, medical health form etc.) that you will SUBMIT. For example, check the 2nd image attached

https:/ /t. co /Av6GwA9ATa

3/ When you contact the Swiss representation in your country, you will receive the following documents:

- Guidelines for applicants (what all you need to submit and how many copies and the AMOUNT of the SCHOLARSHIP).

- Letter of recommendation form

-Medical health certificate form

-Personal information form

-Research proposal form

-Guidelines on how to find a supervisor

cool

- 4/ Once you know which universities are eligible for this scholarship, you can start cold-emailing your potential supervisors.

She recently wrote a thread on how to write successful cold emails, if you are on Twitter, search for her username and check for the thread. Also check the 3rd image, attached to know how it is being written.

This format has worked out really well.

When you cold-email the supervisor, explicitly state that you are applying for this fellowship so that they know you will come with your own funding. If you want additional funding, this has to be discussed amongst you, your supervisor and FCS (the scholarship granting authority).

- 5/ Once they have agreed to host you, share all the relevant information with them that they need to know as a supervisor.... You can share the “Will you be my supervisor” document with the prof. that you will receive from the Swiss embassy. This will ensure that there are no misunderstandings about funding and other requirements. You will need a letter of invitation from them that you will SUBMIT along with other documents. Make sure they are ready to write that letter for you (and a STRONG one)!

6/ SUBMIT the application to the address mentioned in the application document downloaded by you (see 2/).... 7/ Wait till approx. March 2022 for the decision.

CHILL, you have done your best!
The best part is that the application cost is ZERO.

The end smiley

2 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by jizzyjordan: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

No vex bàbá
I swear i no know say your moniker no dey the list. I go update am now
nothing do you baba
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
There are some ways to become a permanent resident/citizen of a country.

They are as follows;

1) Job offer - If an employer is willing to apply for an immigrant stay. I have seen a case of a guy who got employed on LinkedIn by a swedish man.

2) Marriage - This is the easiest way to become a permanent resident or citizen of a country. If you marry a Spaniard, you become a citizen after a year of marriage.

3) Child birth - If you give birth in brazil, the child automatically gets citizenship and permanent residence given to the parents (if they are foreigners, regardless of legal status in Brazil) and you can apply for Brazillian citizenship after one year of legal residence. Brazillian passport gives admission to over 140 countries visa free (including the UK, Ireland, whole of EU) cool

4) Investment - If you have money, i mean real money, you can invest in USA, Australia, Austria, Canada etc but if you have less money to invest, then focus on tropical carribean countries, with $100,000, you can become a citizen by investment

5) Asylum - Well, this is not easy to get like before. Despite that, the LGBTIQ folks are still getting the asylum in Canada and other countries. We know majority of Nigerians are homophobic so it kinda make it easy for LGBT people to get asylum on the basis of that.

6) Being exceptionally good at a sport - I have heard of this

7) Education - It's very important to make research to know the immigration policy of a country before moving there. Canada, Germany, Scandinavian nations, USA, Australia, NZ etc offer a path to permanent residency after study

8.) Applying as a skilled migrant by following through the country's process. Canada, Australia and New zealand have such programs in place

9. Humanitarian grounds - if removing an immigrant would endanger the person's health etc

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by jizzyjordan: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Sorry bro
We didn't notice it because ur Monika has been inactive for quite some time now.

You have been added back.
Thanks bro. I believe each and every one of the crew will share their travel adventure with time
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

Well this is true.
Besides, i thought we were talking about just schooling and not to PR process level tho.
Norway is second to Germany in terms of development and all that and you can move to germany from there reason why i said that.

Having PR in places where to integrate will take a long while is kinda uneasy too except like you said one needs to be ready to take whatever step needed including learning their language.
I love your Energy too.

Errrrmmmm...
Norway get stockfish ooo incase you wan change mind����

Yes you are right. It's easy to move from Norway to Germany. Same applies to Portugal, you know it's one of the countries in Schengen zone smiley

Yes, one has to be prepared for any challenge, language learning inclusive

I'm a meat lover so no thanks tongue

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

Seychelles is visa free for nigerians and one the strongest African passport in the world.

No collect our "Giant of africa" tittle give another country biko. Allow make we hold m dey console ourselves ��

Reason why i called SA ordinary not really for anthing bad but cos we are all Africans per say.
One thing these develop countries look out in visa processing is the ECONOMY of the country they are applying from...speaking from experience.
As long as you ain't in Nigeria, your chances of getting any visa of your choice is high.
If you are in nigeria, na prayers go full your package.

We don't deserve that title, South Africa and Egypt deserve it more than Nigeria cos they are making progress smiley

@bolded.. That's one of the reasons why i have it in mind to apply from another African country

2 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by jizzyjordan: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:
There are some ways to become a permanent resident/citizen of a country.

They are as follows;

1) Job offer - If an employer is willing to apply for an immigrant stay. I have seen a case of a guy who got employed on LinkedIn by a swedish man.

2) Marriage - This is the easiest way to become a permanent resident or citizen of a country. If you marry a Spaniard, you become a citizen after a year of marriage.

3) Child birth - If you give birth in brazil, the child automatically gets citizenship and permanent residence given to the parents (if they are foreigners, regardless of legal status in Brazil) and you can apply for Brazillian citizenship after one year of legal residence. Brazillian passport gives admission to over 140 countries visa free (including the UK, Ireland, whole of EU) cool

4) Investment - If you have money, i mean real money, you can invest in USA, Australia, Austria, Canada etc but if you have less money to invest, then focus on tropical carribean countries, with $100,000, you can become a citizen by investment

5) Asylum - Well, this is not easy to get like before. Despite that, the LGBTIQ folks are still getting the asylum in Canada and other countries. We know majority of Nigerians are homophobic so it kinda make it easy for LGBT people to get asylum on the basis of that.

6) Being exceptionally good at a sport - I have heard of this

7) Education - It's very important to make research to know the immigration policy of a country before moving there. Canada, Germany, Scandinavian nations, USA, Australia, NZ etc offer a path to permanent residency after study

8.) Applying as a skilled migrant by following through the country's process. Canada, Australia and New zealand have such programs in place

9. Humanitarian grounds - if removing an immigrant would endanger the person's health etc
yeah I concur especially with the no6. I heard been really good at a particular sport can get you a citizenship without stress

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

We don't deserve that title, South Africa and Egypt deserve it more than Nigeria cos they are making progress smiley

@bolded.. That's one of the reasons why i have it in mind to apply from another African country

All these boils down to real CASH tho.
May GOD provide.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Brawlscartel:

Bro how is Portugal PR easy... please explain....

Portugal don't have a stringent laws for prospective immigrants like Norway. You get PR after 5 years but you get PR after 3 years in Norway. Norway is very strict with their immigration laws and rules. Every year, you need to apply for TRP and they won't grant it if you don't have the required amount of money in your account
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
jizzyjordan:
yeah I concur especially with the no6. I heard been really good at a particular sport can get you a citizenship without stress

That's right
I just hope Lasisi bamidele is lucky sha cos we know how tough it is to get UAE citizenship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fully-funded MPhil/PhD at King's College, London �� for international students

Covers: Full tuition + £17,609 per annum (tax free) + £5,000 research grant

Deadline: 1st October, 2021
To Resume: June, 2022
https: //t. co /PuRbyuJ0Kn

https: //t. co /MBd9oHYrvU

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
NiklauseFred:
This is the "japa crew" official thread,were the crew members shares ideas on how to "japa "out of the country for a better tomorrow.

N.B incase you're wondering what japa means,it's a word used by most Nigerians (I guess) to talk about a person leaving the country to another.

example:Chiké don "japa" to Canada o

The rules of the crew goes:
1.No trolling

2.when ever there's new travel thread (japa) a crew member should inform the rest of the by crew by tagging them.

3.you should be optimistic about traveling(don't discourage others)

*this will be updated later* cool

Guys share japa thread links smiley you know.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
How to go about scholarships and schools by Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi

1. Search for your course of study on google in the country of choice, e.g schools with Msc in Microbiology in Canada/Germany

2. Click and navigate to the department/faculty homepage

3. Look for graduate admission and requirements. Read carefully and checkout their funding options.

4. Most schools do require you contact a supervisor prior to your application. List of faculty members with their contact details and areas of specialization are always on the graduate admission page. Carefully draft a cover letter indicating your interest in the group/lab and attach your CV and transcript with the mail. Do not rush to send the email. Read over and over again for typo.

5. You can use the same cover letter for different schools with few adjustments which aligns your research interest with that of the proposed group. Avoid generic cover letter.

6. Apply to many schools/ countries and do not be disappointed if you receive no reply or even negative ones. It's part of the process.

The end.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Guys pls paste the links of some interesting threads here....I'm having issues doing that.

0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11(welcome to the crew)
24.RedChiefPriest
25.GodsGabby(welcome cool)
26.Ayomide8990(welcome mate)
27.Jizzyjordan

Guys abeg to create thread or topic for NL them dey pay ni?
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Gobengroup(m): 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Guys pls paste the links of some interesting threads here....I'm having issues doing that.

0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11(welcome to the crew)
24.RedChiefPriest
25.GodsGabby(welcome cool)
26.Ayomide8990(welcome mate)
27.Jizzyjordan
Boss I go like be part of this crew.
Hope entry fee no too much? lol.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Gobengroup(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

Guys abeg to create thread or topic for NL them dey pay ni?
No boss. Lol
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
Dubai’s transformation in 40 Years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by daintyprincess(f): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

If you are interested in Poland, talk to Subomi007
Okay, thanks
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by wunmi590(m): 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nairaland association of Japaing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

Okay, thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/2272115/polish-student-visa

Check here also.
I mentioned you there too.

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by yunqdady: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
bamangar:
A friend who will be leaving for US in few days time for his PhD is so excited. Looking at him today buying his flight ticket, with great joy all over his face seem bubbly. He got a fully funded scholarship in one of the top universities, applied for Visa in Lagos and got denied, came to Abuja to apply and it was successful. He said he can't wait to Japa.

It's not easy making Japa preparations. The major problem for many of us is "MONEY". We still dey save. Frustration to Japa even led me to type on Google "When will Nigeria be allowed into US DV Lottery" cheesy wink smiley . Hopefully, money go complete and i go Japa
Why denied after full scholarship?
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
yunqdady:

Why denied after full scholarship?

This happens when your replies to questions asked doesn't go well with the VO.

So they refuse you not minding if you are on scholarship or not.
Then the next thing is either you reapply again through another branch embassy like the person did or same embassy but you won't be attended to by the same VO, it happens but very rare to be interviewed by same VO that refus3d you, smetimes they tell you outrightly that they cnt interview that you should use the next VO

So if they are refused, they go back to plan better and work on their response.

2 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Abeg hadampson and others abeg we fit change this thread name. Make e no be like say na desperation they worry person.
Will delete this comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Can I Travel 4rm Nigeria To Liberia By Road / Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) / Nbc Skye Logistics Not Reliable. 1688 Fake Procurer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.