Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Trails of Green (T.O.G) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trails of Green (T.O.G) (18392 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by uthlaw: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
Richdee1:
Depending on the Country we individually have in mind of leaving Nigeria for

Please let's do a lot of Research, don't Load your eggs in one basket, If going through Express Entry will take time, you can research using the Study Route, Just Note that Canada's Schools pay a High Amout of Canadian Dollars.
You can also apply for scholarship to get additional fundings to help you out

No matter what route we're planning to use, let's make a Lot of research before hand

Someone on travel section created a thread of how he went to Kenya for studies, after 6 months he applied for German study visa and got it under 1 month, just know if na Nigeria, you go spend 3 months befo5 they get back to you. So we can also use other Top African Countries as a stepping stone

Giant of Africa don loose guard �

So if going through High end Africa Countries is the way, as long as it's all legal, please do

All in all let's do it legal on here

And also, if you procastinate a lot about taking steps for your travel plans, paste it on here, we'll definitely keep you on reminder as a Crew! And we make sure you attend to it by force

I greet the house, drop relevant links towards all travel Plans here

If you're about to apply for passport and have no idea, this is the link, ask relevant questions

https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport

Cc: Oggg Ogg your presence would be needed here

Cc: lionel216 what advice do you have for us

Ah miss Blowjobs thread Sha, I'm sure he's all living the life in US

Mrs K and her weed! That part dey bust ma head
Lol

Sign out!!
pls if I want to travel with route of another Africa country:
Which passport I'm going to use.
What lucrative skill can I learn?
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by lionlee216(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hadampson:

Nowadays, most Nigerians are using Poland as a stepping stone to enter their dream country.

This is very true

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
uthlaw:

Your NIGERIAN PASSPORT SIR, abi u dey fear to use m?

Google the skills in demand for your choice country.

Learn
Plumbing
Barbing
Carpentry
Welding etc
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by daintyprincess(f): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:
Abeg hadampson and others abeg we fit change this thread name. Make e no be like say na desperation they worry person.
Will delete this comment.
Lol

What country do you have in mind
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by daintyprincess(f): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

Your NIGERIAN PASSPORT SIR, abi u dey fear to use m?

Google the skills in demand for your choice country.

Learn
Plumbing
Barbing
Carpentry
Welding etc
But someone in a thread pointed out that these may be a little difficult to establish on when you move as you are required to join the country's association and agreed with the IT aspect of skills

Besides, what skills are people moving to schegen countries learning asides IT biko
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by daintyprincess(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

https://www.nairaland.com/2272115/polish-student-visa

Check here also.
I mentioned you there too.
Thank you

Will look into it, fell in love with Germany ever since a friend gave me just quarter gist about a school there I can apply to. It's the normal random gist tho but It stuck and I've been on it but very limited fund, then cat A and B joined the group
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

But someone in a thread pointed out that these may be a little difficult to establish on when you move as you are required to join the country's association and agreed with the IT aspect of skills

Besides, what skills are people moving to schegen countries learning asides IT biko

I have just listed some skills for u aside IT which i intentionally didnt put.
When you go to another country, will you just get in to pick their passport on the floor?

Besides who said what you stated here??

You can move to another country and stay like 6month to form standing before applying to another country for education or whatever.
Besides you will still use ur Nigerian passport.

Modified :
daintyprincess plz sorry if i sounded harsh here or over toned
Just settling now and reading all in a relaxed mood.
Thought i was replying the guy who asked about using Nigerian passport to get visa.

My bad!!
Hope we cool
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

Lol

What country do you have in mind

Not a matter of country.
The name can be anything cool aside the JAPA crew thing.
Just an opinion tho.
For us to reason it out.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

Thank you

Will look into it, fell in love with Germany ever since a friend gave me just quarter gist about a school there I can apply to. It's the normal random gist tho but It stuck and I've been on it but very limited fund, then cat A and B joined the group

You will fall inlove with germany more when you even go in.
Try check out Daad... for scholarship.
Dnt know if i got that right

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by daintyprincess(f): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

Not a matter of country.
The name can be anything cool aside the JAPA crew thing.
Just an opinion tho.
For us to reason it out.
I ended the name ish right after lol

Anyways, I feel you misunderstanding some of the things I write

For your latest post, thanks
Goodnight
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

I ended the name ish right after lol

Anyways, I feel you misunderstanding some of the things I write

For your latest post, thanks
Goodnight

Ooohhhh so sorry.
I just checked now, didnt even observe it.
No vex.

I have in mind.
I haven't started any serious preparation on that really.
But i have travel histories tho...
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening.
I specifically opened a new account for my JAPA dream.
Please does graduate assistantships cover full tuitions or just a waiver
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yashica:
Good evening.

Please channel this to the US thread. U will have better input
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Ibk2020: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
lionlee216:
Number 1 thing. Even if you don't have money and you wish to travel, the very first thing you must put into consideration is the immigration policy/law of the country you planning/wishing to go.

Considering you are staying in u.s.
Pls what is the best route to migrate to the u.s ?
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yashica:
Good evening.

Graduate assistantships cover full tuition and if you are lucky, living stipend might be added to it.

However, there are some programs where tuition waivers are impossible. You need to make research on that

Prost.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
daintyprincess:

Thank you

https://twitter.com/olumuyiwaayo/status/1333883651310776321?s=19

Daad scholarship.
Also Check his pinned tweets for how to school for free in germany.
Stumbled upon it now so i said i should share it here for u nd others too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:
Abeg hadampson and others abeg we fit change this thread name. Make e no be like say na desperation they worry person.
Will delete this comment.

Lol okay cool
Let's wait for the rest of the crew to know their opinion. Niklausefred, Daintyprincess, Richdee1, 2Lynx and others

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by opeey(m): 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Richdee1:

Did you just come through the back door by editing his post and adding your name?

Or??
No mind me jare.. na ontop of this japa matter oo my broda
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Richdee1(m): 1:28am On Aug 14, 2021
uthlaw:

From findings and documented experiences,

You're using your Nigerian Passport.
you can go to South Africa on student visa, some African countries allow you to apply to other country while in their country after you've stayed 6 month, so maybe you apply as a student, travel and start schooling after 6 months above, you can also apply for studies to European countries and you'll be given on a platter of gold
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Richdee1(m): 1:32am On Aug 14, 2021
Hadampson:

Lol okay cool
Let's wait for the rest of the crew to know their opinion. Niklausefred, Daintyprincess, Richdee1, 2Lynx and others

Yes they're right, I also taught of it, in my opinion, it's looks like we're desperate, so it's would look more matured of we changed the name

Suggestions needed tho
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by 30card(m): 4:10am On Aug 14, 2021
Manlikeayoo:
Omo like this I feel like giving up but this thread kind of pushing me back to my feet..

I got 3 scholarship last year but can't raise money for my flight ticket and BTA

Still getting scholarship but can't even access a loan.

I HATE THIS COUNTRY
How much loan are you looking for?
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by uthlaw: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2021
Richdee1:

you can go to South Africa on student visa, some African countries allow you to apply to other country while in their country after you've stayed 6 month, so maybe you apply as a student, travel and start schooling after 6 months above, you can also apply for studies to European countries and you'll be given on a platter of gold

bro I'm not intend to go school in any country again,na money I wan go find..... how I finish after graduation in naija!
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Lucasinho(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2021
Nice thread
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by uthlaw: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Richdee1:

no b school I wan go,na Husstle I de go for!
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Hadampson:
How to go about scholarships and schools by Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi

1. Search for your course of study on google in the country of choice, e.g schools with Msc in Microbiology in Canada/Germany

2. Click and navigate to the department/faculty homepage

3. Look for graduate admission and requirements. Read carefully and checkout their funding options.

4. Most schools do require you contact a supervisor prior to your application. List of faculty members with their contact details and areas of specialization are always on the graduate admission page. Carefully draft a cover letter indicating your interest in the group/lab and attach your CV and transcript with the mail. Do not rush to send the email. Read over and over again for typo.

5. You can use the same cover letter for different schools with few adjustments which aligns your research interest with that of the proposed group. Avoid generic cover letter.

6. Apply to many schools/ countries and do not be disappointed if you receive no reply or even negative ones. It's part of the process.

The end.

Some graduates assistantships require one to have been admitted for a degree program prior to applying for the position. How do I get one that provides the degree and graduate assistantship at the same time. Is it possible?

1 Like

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2021
Richdee1:

Yes they're right, I also taught of it, in my opinion, it's looks like we're desperate, so it's would look more matured of we changed the name

Suggestions needed tho

I didn't think of that when the suggestion is made. What do you think Niklausefred

These are my suggestions
Dreamcation
Travel optics
Travel fervor
Dream travels
Wanderlust
Migrationology grin
Trails of green (TOG)
Virtual Wayfarer
Globetrotters
Travel house
Travel muse
Travel deeper

5 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Yashica:

Some graduates assistantships require one to have been admitted for a degree program prior to applying for the position. How do I get one that provides the degree and graduate assistantship at the same time. Is it possible?

Nothing is impossible. You just need to make research before applying for admission in any university of your chosen country. Be upfront by contacting professors (2 or 3) who you like to work in their research groups and maintain a professional relationship with them that will endear you to them and find a way to informally seek to work for them and if they agree, even mention their names in your Statement of Purpose and why you would like to work for them. Be upfront as the relationship develops to ask for sponsorship from them (Research or Graduate Assistantships). Talk to the Department about funding available. While you are preparing, develop skills that might be of help and make it possible for the school to grant you Assistantships and waive tuition fees and even pay you monthly stipend until you finish your program

Graduate assistantships requires lot of efforts but it is totally worth it at the end cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Hadampson:

Nothing is impossible. You just need to make research before applying for admission in any university of your chosen country. Be upfront by contacting professors (2 or 3) who you like to work in their research groups and maintain a professional relationship with them that will endear you to them and find a way to informally seek to work for them and if they agree, even mention their names in your Statement of Purpose and why you would like to work for them. Be upfront as the relationship develops to ask for sponsorship from them (Research or Graduate Assistantships). Talk to the Department about funding available. While you are preparing, develop skills that might be of help and make it possible for the school to grant you Assistantships and waive tuition fees and even pay you monthly stipend until you finish your program

Graduate assistantships requires lot of efforts but it is totally worth it at the end cool

Hmmm
So basically apply for admission first
Thank you
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2021
@Yashica

You need to write English test to boast your chances of landing a graduate assistantship position

Application is easy. There are the links for courses offered for masters and Phd. So, click on your desired department/course, read through, check for your graduate advisor, send a mail to them expressing that you’d love to do a program (Introduction, your first degree, why the institution, your research interests, anything you deem necessary to add)

Your department might offer graduate assistantship funding. So you’ll add in your mail, that IF graduate assistantships are offered in your department, you’d love one. Your advisor might ask for a zoom interview or something.

Further application continues from there.

2 Likes

Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by Hadampson(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Yashica:

Hmmm
So basically apply for admission first
Thank you

You're highly welcome
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by NiklauseFred(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Hadampson:

I didn't think of that when the suggestion is made. What do you think Niklausefred

These are my suggestions
Dreamcation
Travel optics
Travel fervor
Dream travels
Wanderlust
Migrationology grin
Trails of green (TOG)
Virtual Wayfarer
Globetrotters
Travel house
Travel muse
Travel deeper

Wanderlust
Travel optics
Trails of green(TOG)
Dream travels

These ones seems like the best bet.
Re: Trails of Green (T.O.G) by NiklauseFred(m): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2021
opeey:
Guys pls paste the links of some interesting threads here....I'm having issues doing that.

0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
20.Daintyprincess (new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11(welcome to the crew)
24.RedChiefPriest
25.GodsGabby (welcome cool)
26.Ayomide8990 (welcome mate)
27.Jizzyjordan
28. opeey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria / My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.