Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina (19195 Views)

What Femi Adesina Told Me When I Visited Villa – Kukah / See What Femi Adesina Wrote About COS, Gambari 12 Years Ago! / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
RiceProducers:

Never has so much bullshit been dished in so many words. I am dazed reading this.

So.. "adopting a culture that works, a culture of social justice, knowledge and science over superstition and nepotism..". This negates investment in infrastructure? Makes it unnecessary?
Or maybe, it is a binary issue and you can't have social justice without infrastructure.

Only Nigerians think like this. They use their education against themselves, think binary and can't tell the truth to save their own lives.

Dude u are thinking backwards. "Adopting a culture that works, a culture of social justice, knowledge and science over superstition and nepotism" is what promotes and produces investment in infrastructure and not what negates it. It's not rocket science
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
RiceProducers:

Never has so much bullshit been dished in so many words. I am dazed reading this.

So.. "adopting a culture that works, a culture of social justice, knowledge and science over superstition and nepotism..". This negates investment in infrastructure? Makes it unnecessary?
Or maybe, it is a binary issue and you can't have social justice without infrastructure.

Only Nigerians think like this. They use their education against themselves, think binary and can't tell the truth to save their own lives.

Spare us the dramatics and hyperbole
No it is not a binary issue ,not necessarily
But you cannot fix our infrastructure deficit overnight

Simple question

Is the capacity to borrow finite?

Does it make sense to borrow at the scale we are borrowing without addressing the revenue deficit whilst subsidizing petrol and not addressing the cost of governance

Crucially what are the priority infrastructure projects or does that not matter as long as money is spent on a "project" ?

Are all project sensible and of immediate priority?
Why is electricity infrastructure not prioritized over a rail project to Niger?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by neyoohhh: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

How did they qualify to build infrastructure in developed countries?

Early stages before the government took over partially with policies.. good balance between public and private is the best.

Nigerian government can continue to focus on infrastructure and find a way to finance the private sector with policies...

Case study
See how property developers in Lagos are building everyday, imagine if they had better finance and consumers with access to credit to buy from them.. same logic with innoson.. etc..

Finance/ideas are our biggest problems.

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
RiceProducers:
What I find is that many years of PDP has damaged the reasoning power of Nigerians. Nigerians also imbibed the culture of cowardly lying about things to make a point.

Infrastructure is everything. The US is possibly the most advanced country in the world and they are going back to infrastructure as an enabler. To make it even stark for corruptly nurtured Nigerians, Trump also was going to do the massive infrastructural revamp that Biden just started.
Infrastructure begets large numbers of public sector jobs immediately. When you finish the projects, large nos of service sector jobs follow.
Some joker was talking about IT. Ok IT.
Data centers, broadband internet, 5G are infrastructure. You want to mine bitcoins, you need large nos of KWHs in electricity.

What about internal efficiencies within your economy that make your products cheaper?

What about tourist income you generate when you have uninterrupted power, beautiful roads, light rail and trams connecting beautiful hotels, cinemas and Airbnbs.

One sad thing about PDP and their supporters is that people are beginning to see through their cluelessness and their belief that Nigerians don't deserve the best.
That Nigeria should remain a shit hole where a privileged few living in 3 cities can shit on the country, steal the money and go abroad to their families and for holidays.

PDP has left federal power since 2015. This is d second half of 2021, u are still blaming PDP
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Zetra7:
Borrowing unsustainable loans will never ever drive this nation forward, invest in education and SMEs is the way forward...

Stopping using biden infrastructural policy, US is already an educated nation.. Compare ourselves with China , Bangladesh, India and Indonesia, these countries are seriously funding their SMEs and intellectual base..

Once the investment in SME matures with intelligent human resources, money will flow and infrastructure will naturally come..

All great infrastructures in China today was not from loans....

Instead of calling Peter Obi to help you in building the nation, you're turning it into politics..

The same goes for the broke ass Nigerians in this forum supporting a useless set of leaders, put hate aside and learn from men like Peter obi, you will certainly make it in life.

To bring his macro economic view down to micro economics, you can't borrow unrealistic loans to build houses or buy cars instead focus the investment on your little hustle and education, trust me if it means educating yourself in IT, health or even going abroad to study a good course ,you will certainly reap from it..

Did Obi spend all Anambra money on education and SMEs only or more on infrastructure when he was governor? Teacher don't teach me nonsense, do as i say don't do as i do.

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

Early stages before the government took over partially with policies.. good balance between public and private is the best.

Nigerian government can continue to focus on infrastructure and find a way to finance the private sector with policies...

Case study
See how property developers in Lagos are building everyday, imagine if they had better finance and consumers with access to credit to buy from them.. same logic with innoson.. etc..

Finance/ideas are our biggest problems.

I didn't ask u what did their govts do. I asked how did d private sector in developed countries qualify to build infrastructure?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by CoolAmbience(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

How did u arrive ur conclusion that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence"?

Simple..

1. Huge Strategic Physical Projects i.e. 2nd Niger Bridge; Bonny-Bodo Bridge; Lagos-Ibadan Railway, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; Airports upgrade projects etc.

2. Pragmatic & progressive policies i.e. Anchor Borrowers Scheme; NSIP; PIDF; Energizing Businesses Initiative etc.

3. Prudent Economy Management through diversification. Who could have managed the economy better, among our crop of past leaders, with revenue dropping by around 60%?

Is it Babangida, Jonathan, Obasanjo or Abubakar? All of these people were there while the Itakpe-Warri Railway stayed under construction for almost 40 years? What about the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway? Lagos-Benin Highway; Abuja-Kaduna Expressway; Kaduna-Kano Highway etc.

Do you how many decades ago the 2nd Niger Bridge was conceived? Do you know for how long the Igbani people of Grand Bonny Kingdom in Rivers have depended only on the dangerous Atlantic creeks to connect to the rest of Rivers people?

Abeg, make we leave petty hate. I am from Anambra state. Buhari is the man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Dude u are thinking backwards. "Adopting a culture that works, a culture of social justice, knowledge and science over superstition and nepotism" is what promotes investment in infrastructure and not what negates it. It's not rocket science
He is just seeking relevance
We are talking about a government that hardly goes 4 months without a University strike or doctor strike

The question is

How much are we investing in Education?

This same government Cut down its health budget during the Pandemic

The same President and the new one they want to bring in cannot be treated in Nigerian hospitals

We are talking of HUNDREDS OF DOCTORS exiting the country every year
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Simple..

1. Huge Strategic Physical Projects i.e. 2nd Niger Bridge; Bonny-Bodo Bridge; Lagos-Ibadan Railway, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; Airports upgrade projects etc.

2. Pragmatic & progressive policies i.e. Anchor Borrowers Scheme; NSIP; PIDF; Energizing Businesses Initiative etc.

3. Prudent Economy Management through diversification. Who could have managed the economy better, among our crop of past leaders, with revenue dropping by around 60%?

Is it Babangida, Jonathan, Obasanjo or Abubakar? All of these people were there while the Itakpe-Warri Railway stayed under construction for almost 40 years? What about the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway? Lagos-Benin Highway; Abuja-Kaduna Expressway; Kaduna-Kano Highway etc.

Do you how many decades ago the 2nd Niger Bridge was conceived? Do you know for how long the Igbani people of Grand Bonny Kingdom in Rivers have depended only on the dangerous Atlantic creeks to connect to the rest of Rivers people?

Man that cut down health budget in the middle of Pandemic?
Who won't be treated in Nigerian Hospitals neither will his wife or grandchildren be born in one
Whose children won't attend Nigerian universities?

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Simple..

Is this what u call a comparative analysis based on ur conclusion that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence"? I don't see any indices in what u wrote.

In ur number 3 point for instance, what are d figures? What's d reality on ground? What's d living standard of Nigerians since 2015 compared to before 2015? How has d economy been diversified? What has it been diversified to? how much revenue came in since 2015, how was it utilised that made u say "prudent management of economy"?

You have to take every aspect of governance since 1960 (taking into cognisance section 14 (2b) of d constitution), compare every administration since 1960 and mirror against d buhari administration using every single aspect of governance as indices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Talk is cheap.

Let's start listing them here.

Bonny-Bodo Bridge
Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
Lagos-Ibadan Railway
Itakpe-Warri Railway
2nd Niger Bridge.
Calabar-Cameroun Highway

.........let me pause and await for your list to continue.

1. Let's discountenance uncompleted projects if not Warri-Itakpe can also be claimed by IBB regime. So, modify your list to reflect that.

2. I'll also expect you to remove Lagos-, Ibadan expressway cause it's not a new project but just a rehabilitation. Or have people not been using the road since the 70s and successive govt carry out rehab work on it?

3. Here we go

Abuja capital city
Third mainland bridge
Shiroro hydroelectric power dam
Kano-Kaduna highway
Port Harcourt refinery 2

You want more?

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Yankee101: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
Terrorism or fulani bandits?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by neyoohhh: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u what did their govts do. I asked how did d private sector in developed countries qualify to build infrastructure?

Lobbying. Private sector can push for policies..

What are you driving at , so I can address you properly
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
mrvitalis:
The truth is Nigeria is a complex mix
..yorubas won't get obi because they are naturally social capitalist like the Norway , Denmark and their brothers

Obi is talking from a capitalist point of view like Germans , Japanese

Infrastructure are good , but are only feel good projects

Lagos ibadan rail can't break even in 100 years ..I'm not saying make profit ...yet u spent $1.5b ok it ...that's 750 billion ...what does that add to our GDP every year nothing

Imagine u take same 750 billion ...call the 10 biggest glass importers ...what would it take to move to manufacturing here ....how much do u want ....work with banks the form partnership establishing 3 glass factory ...that would cost not more than $600m ...u give them $400 million ask them to fund the other $200 million as loan without interest and payment break of 5 years from when they start operations ... payment in the next 10 years

Each factory would employ over 3000 people direct that's 9000 direct over 15000 I direct job

Nigeria glass import is around $1.5 billion a year ...with another $2 billion in west Africa and central African market ,

This would grow our GDP by 3.5 billion dollars minimum , generate a tax of over 50 million dollars per year

Now u still have $1.1 billion

U can do the same for ceramics plates and bathroom equipments ...that's would be less 200 million dollars as loan to the importers can set up 5 factories

U are left with $800 million

Garment factories in aba can cloth Nigeria with $400 million invest ...link the leather producers in kano the shoe markers in aba

Make it easy to transport with police harassment

We can commercialize the rice species we have developed ...$100 million to rice importers can do the magic

$1.5 billion if invested well can generate 5 to 10 billion GDP growth per year

Even if the trains don't break even in 1000 years any scenario that will bring efficiency in logistics and cutting travel time is most welcome. Any arrangement that will cut the cost of transporting a container from the Apapa port to the far ends of the country from 1.5m to the proposed 650k is always a welcome development.
The prospects of sending food down south at 650k for a trailer load instead of 1.2m is welcome and won't just be a feel-good effect on the long-suffering masses that has watched PDP goons as our earnings was diverted to buy private jets and luxury yacht when we earned real good money

My brother arrived in Lagos this morning from Ibadan at 10:15am, in the good old days of PDP Obi people, he will still be at Ogere struggling with traffic and might not arrive until 2pm. At this moment he's already attending his second meeting/assignment and will be done before dusk to retire comfortably home for a good rest.

He can achieve more due to the railway you call feel good and useless, and will return home early tomorrow morning to continue his activities in his home.

Where are the jobs created from the 5Trn loan AMCON is chasing people about to repay> You are asking they be given another 750Bn to go fail with due to lack of power supply, poor infrastructure, and means of logistics?

I expect opposition worth its salt to be cerebral, diligent, and honest in its submission, but this attempt is really exasperating, disgusting and very dumb, to say the least

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by mrvitalis(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

Even if the trains don't break even in 1000 years any scenario that will bring efficiency in logistics and cutting travel time is most welcome. Any arrangement that will cut the cost of transporting a container from the Apapa port to the far ends of the country from 1.5m to the proposed 650k is always a welcome development.
The prospects of sending food down south at 650k for a trailer load instead of 1.2m is welcome and won't just be a feel-good effect on the long-suffering masses that has watched PDP goons as our earnings was diverted to buy private jets and luxury yacht when we earned real good money

My brother arrived in Lagos this morning from Ibadan at 10:15am, in the good old days of PDP Obi people, he will still be at Ogere struggling with traffic and might not arrive until 2pm. At this moment he's already attending his second meeting/assignment and will be done before dusk to retire comfortably home for a good rest.

He can achieve more due to the railway you call feel good and useless, and will return home early tomorrow morning to continue his activities in his home.

Where are the jobs created from the 5Trn loan AMCON is chasing people about to repay> You are asking they be given another 750Bn to go fail with due to lack of power supply, poor infrastructure, and means of logistics?

I expect opposition worth its salt to be cerebral, diligent, and honest in its submission, but this attempt is really exasperating, disgusting and very dumb, to say the least

Most of those cost comes as a result of police bribes and custom clearing ... there is already functioning locomotive Rail that's what broke countries like us us for now
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by wink2015(m): 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
Zetra7:
Borrowing unsustainable loans will never ever drive this nation forward, invest in education and SMEs is the way forward...

Stopping using biden infrastructural policy, US is already an educated nation.. Compare ourselves with China , Bangladesh, India and Indonesia, these countries are seriously funding their SMEs and intellectual base..

Once the investment in SME matures with intelligent human resources, money will flow and infrastructure will naturally come..

Instead of calling Peter Obi to help you in building the nation, you're turning it into politics..

The same goes for the broke ass Nigerians in this forum supporting a useless set of leaders, put hate aside and learn from men like Peter obi, you will certainly make it in life.

To bring his macro economic view down to micro economics, you can't borrow unrealistic loans to build houses or buy cars instead focus the investment on your little hustle and education, trust me if it means educating yourself in IT, health or even going abroad to study a good course ,you will certainly reap from it..

You really hit the nail on the head.

Why borrow money to build infrastructural worst of all this borrowed money is being mismanaged by the Nigerian borrower.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Megasaucy(f): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
Zetra7:

Sis, you simply want attention as you have nothing to contribute, please concentrate on BBNaija..

Just look at the silly nonesense you called contribution to an important, topical national issue.

Even a third grader knows that great economies grow on a substratum infrastructural development.

American legislature just voted additional $1Trillion for infrastructural development.

Obi was clearly playing to the gallery. He needs to point to any country where human capital development trounced infrastructural development.

Get your head out of your silly a$$, it is not a hat!

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by neyoohhh: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Africa is suffering because of the Matthew effect, any hustle that doesn't utilise leverage is meaningless..

Look around you!
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

Africa is suffering because of the Matthew effect, any hustle that doesn't utilise leverage is meaningless..

Look around you!

I don't think that is related to what I asked
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

Lobbying. Private sector can push for policies..

What are you driving at , so I can address you properly

Which means, u probably didn't follow d discussion I was having prior to u joining in. Am asking about technical competence in building infrastructure
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
Megasaucy:

Just look at the silly nonesense you called contribution to an important, topical national issue.

Even a third grader knows that great economies grow on a substratum infrastructural development.

American legislature just voted additional $1Trillion for infrastructural development.

Obi was clearly playing to the gallery. He needs to point to any country where human capital development trounced infrastructural development.

Get your head out of your silly a$$, it is not a hat!

So how is infrastructure developed? Does it fall from d sky?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by neyoohhh: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Which means, u probably didn't follow d discussion I was having prior to u joining in. Am asking about technical competence in building infrastructure

There isn't, why infrastructure is expensive.

Education is the solution but how long will it take?

Why are the currently educated not solving problems?

Education isn't even enough, ideas are..

Apologies didn't read the entire argument but... the point stands, finance and ideas are our biggest problems.

Feel free to educate, totally welcomed.

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

There isn't, why infrastructure is expensive.

Education is the solution but how long will it take?

Why are the currently educated not solving problems?

Education isn't even enough, ideas are..

Apologies didn't read the entire argument but... the point stands, finance and ideas are our biggest problems.

Feel free to educate, totally welcomed.

No probs. Nothing much I was only wondering how infrastructure can build and maintain itself if d people aren't developed in their minds. Money is good, but money will always continue to be a problem when what is available isn't well utilised
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by drealcivilceno(m): 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
mrvitalis:
The truth is Nigeria is a complex mix
..yorubas won't get obi because they are naturally social capitalist like the Norway , Denmark and their brothers

Obi is talking from a capitalist point of view like Germans , Japanese

Infrastructure are good , but are only feel good projects

Lagos ibadan rail can't break even in 100 years ..I'm not saying make profit ...yet u spent $1.5b ok it ...that's 750 billion ...what does that add to our GDP every year nothing

Imagine u take same 750 billion ...call the 10 biggest glass importers ...what would it take to move to manufacturing here ....how much do u want ....work with banks the form partnership establishing 3 glass factory ...that would cost not more than $600m ...u give them $400 million ask them to fund the other $200 million as loan without interest and payment break of 5 years from when they start operations ... payment in the next 10 years

Each factory would employ over 3000 people direct that's 9000 direct over 15000 I direct job

Nigeria glass import is around $1.5 billion a year ...with another $2 billion in west Africa and central African market ,

This would grow our GDP by 3.5 billion dollars minimum , generate a tax of over 50 million dollars per year

Now u still have $1.1 billion

U can do the same for ceramics plates and bathroom equipments ...that's would be less 200 million dollars as loan to the importers can set up 5 factories

U are left with $800 million

Garment factories in aba can cloth Nigeria with $400 million invest ...link the leather producers in kano the shoe markers in aba

Make it easy to transport with police harassment

We can commercialize the rice species we have developed ...$100 million to rice importers can do the magic

$1.5 billion if invested well can generate 5 to 10 billion GDP growth per year

Ok... Good Analysis, by the way I'm not for Buhari...

There are miscellaneous expenses factors, like man must chop, I must present.... etc, and you can never factor that out, so that should compensate for the huge amount.

Even if they invest in SME's .i.e. your idea, which road will they ply to the markets to deliver products. Glass and Ceramics that are very brittle, come to mile2/okoko road u will see things.

Wait, what Nigerians themselves... shortly after the lockdown, I know NGOs that where given some amount to disburse to their various communities. One was given $1.5m dollars to disburse... Till today na story we dey hear. My HOD for work was given 150 million naira. Na so we no see this woman again.

So let them do whatever they can do, use their work to your advantage.. chikena.

As for the laws that guide this country, it should be your agenda and you should speak up about it.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by mrvitalis(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
drealcivilceno:

Ok... Good Analysis, by the way I'm not for Buhari...

There are miscellaneous expenses factors, like man must chop, I must present.... etc, and you can never factor that out, so that should compensate for the huge amount.

Even if they invest in SME's .i.e. your idea, which road will they ply to the markets to deliver products. Glass and Ceramics that are very brittle, come to mile2/okoko road u will see things.

Wait, what Nigerians themselves... shortly after the lockdown, I know NGOs that where given some amount to disburse to their various communities. One was given $1.5m dollars to disburse... Till today na story we dey hear. My HOD for work was given 150 million naira. Na so we no see this woman again.

So let them do whatever they can do, use their work to your advantage.. chikena.

As for the laws that guide this country, it should be your agenda and you should speak up about it.
We imports this goods today ...which road to they use ?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by musicwriter(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Zetra7:

Correct!! Very correct!

Indeed, in order to develop, one must first invest in human beings who'll then cause development to happen naturally!! What Mr. Obi is talking about is the sustainable long term solution but a shortsighted person can't grasp what he's saying. With the way the current government is borrowingng, Nigeria would actually be swallowed by debt which in turn would mean increased poverty.

Someone should tell Femi Adesina that Joe Biden already has an educated society who are building those infractures in America. The infractures in America are built by Americans, so the invested money stays in America. Ours are built by foreign contractors taking the huge profit outside the country!! What's worse? They take away the profits in dollars, which means more stress to the Naira. So Joe Biden and Buhari building infrastructures would achieve different results in real economic terms.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by deji17: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

Brilliant. Excellent!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by CoolAmbience(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

1. Let's discountenance uncompleted projects if not Warri-Itakpe can also be claimed by IBB regime. So, modify your list to reflect that.

2. I'll also expect you to remove Lagos-, Ibadan expressway cause it's not a new project but just a rehabilitation. Or have people not been using the road since the 70s and successive govt carry out rehab work on it?

3. Here we go

Abuja capital city
Third mainland bridge
Shiroro hydroelectric power dam
Kano-Kaduna highway
Port Harcourt refinery 2

You want more?

Discountenance some abi?

Let's also discountenance Abuja City since every past leadership can lay claim to it, especially as it will remain an ongoing project for so long.

Same applies to Kano-Kaduna Highway which the current adminstration is investing hugely into fixing. So much has also gone into various maintenance works on the Third Mainland Bridge.

So, what is left on your list?

Buhari also built and commissioned a Solar power plant in Nigeria, it is a 1.52MW power infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by RiceProducers: 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
grin grin grin
The BS is wrapped in aluminum foil.

lexy2014:

Dude u are thinking backwards. "Adopting a culture that works, a culture of social justice, knowledge and science over superstition and nepotism" is what promotes and produces investment in infrastructure and not what negates it. It's not rocket science
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by CoolAmbience(m): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Is this what u call a comparative analysis based on ur conclusion that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence"? I don't see any indices in what u wrote.

In ur number 3 point for instance, what are d figures? What's d reality on ground? What's d living standard of Nigerians since 2015 compared to before 2015? How has d economy been diversified? What has it been diversified to? how much revenue came in since 2015, how was it utilised that made u say "prudent management of economy"?

You have to take every aspect of governance since 1960 (taking into cognisance section 14 (2b) of d constitution), compare every administration since 1960 and mirror against d buhari administration using every single aspect of governance as indices.

Keep living in self denial.

Na you sabi.

Let me school you a bit.

On diversification, Nigeria is earning more from Solid Minerals, Agriculture, Customs, JAMB etc, than she did in decades, and that was what helped to sustain the economy, following drastic drop in oil revenues.

My basis for talking about prudent management of the economy is also evident. Have you asked why the civil service size wasn't cut despite significantly dwindled oil revenues? Why are pensioners receiving better attention than before?

https://thenationonlineng.net/pensioners-hail-buhari-for-paying-arrears/amp/

2 Likes

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Discountenance some abi?

Let's also discountenance Abuja City since every past leadership can lay claim to it, especially as it will remain an ongoing project for so long.

Same applies to Kano-Kaduna Highway which the current adminstration is investing hugely into fixing. So much has also gone into various maintenance works on the Third Mainland Bridge.

So, what is left on your list?

Buhari also built and commissioned a Solar power plant in Nigeria, it is a 1.52MW power infrastructure.

Lol. Joker. You're even shamelessly listing a 1.52MW plant as an achievement. Maybe you should start listing transformers too. Where is it by the way?

Have you ever heard of the word "commissioning" in relation to projects? If you have, then you'll understand why I said an ongoing project can't be listed as an achievement. Just as Lagos-Ibadan expressway was commissioned by the Gowon government and Kano-Kaduna highway was commissioned by the IBB regime.
If we want to use your logic, Lagos-Ibadan rail can't be counted as an achievement by Buhari since one existed before too.

Mind you, not every past leadership can pay claim to Abuja. Buhari during the military regime did zero work on Abuja. Go and browse it!!

What about refinery? I thought your god promised one per year. At least IBB built one. Your god is waiting for dangote to bail him out!!
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Megasaucy(f): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
lexy2014:

So how is infrastructure developed? Does it fall from d sky?

You are clearly CLUELESS and TOTALLY CONFUSED about many things as evinced by your cow dung above .

I have warned myself that it is NOT my obligation to CURE you of this disease.

I however hope that you will not infect the good folks on NL who just want to be INFORMED with the disease.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2023: Buhari Orders Emefiele, Others Seeks Political Posts To Also Resign / Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs / Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.