Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport (34354 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video) / Reps Ban Airlines From Canada, UK For Denying Nigeria Landing Rights / Air Peace Flight Lost A Tire While Landing At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by NOC1(m): 9:16am On Aug 15, 2021
haslaw:

Organisation of drug addicts and rif rafs..

You are right I don't belong in your organisation.

Stop throwing tantrums, I am not behind your predicaments, your folly is the reason why you are frustrated.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by emmy512: 9:23am On Aug 15, 2021
I just looked at that website and it's trash, basically WordPress.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by emmy512: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2021
RedEnergy:
From the article, it said the bank confirmed he was their staff before he got the visa at the Embassy. And whether he remembers the name of his MD and Chairman is irrelevant. There are Nigerian senators that can't recite the Nigerian national anthem, were they removed from Senate because of that? I can bet my money on it that Buhari doesn't even know the full name of his ADC. Buhari calls Osinbajo as Osinbande, did he get removed from President office for that? The UK immigration were just being racists. And it's good the man is suing them because he will win the case in Court. God just answered his prayers because he will surely cash out
Lol, he can only win the part of illegal detention for 10 days
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 15, 2021
Ceenachi:
My brother, it's not about you, it's about Nigerià......the other day a Nigerian diplomat was thoroughly beaten in Indonesia and his head pinned down till he screamed the historic "I can't breath".....now you were thoroughly asked to draw your head of Government......
The truth is that , there is no respect for Nigerià and Nigerians home and abroad....

Anyone will want to deport a Nigerian even here in Africa.....

The situation is so bad that it happens everyday
yh.. Also include the citizens that go there to do cultism, sell drugs... Behave like Gangstars...

Etc!
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Hotstew(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:
If you clearly read the whole news, you will agree with the UK embassy that the guy is not working with the company or he is an illiterate.

Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

If i am the owner of the organization I will sack him on getting this report, this shows he is incompetent and he does not believe in the organization. He is not an ambassador of the company.

Just tell me how a head of operations can’t answer this questions? Is funny, head of operations is part of every activity and he knows all management staffs.

Can the immigration officer pronounce the name correctly?
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Dobodobo04: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:
If you clearly read the whole news, you will agree with the UK embassy that the guy is not working with the company or he is an illiterate.

Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

If i am the owner of the organization I will sack him on getting this report, this shows he is incompetent and he does not believe in the organization. He is not an ambassador of the company.

Just tell me how a head of operations can’t answer this questions? Is funny, head of operations is part of every activity and he knows all management staffs.

You also didn’t read the story very well yourself. He was detained for roughly 8 hours after 6 hours flight. What about the stress and the duress he has been under. I was about to do an exam a while back years ago, but forgot all I have read because I didn’t sleep well and ran to the exam centre. I also forgot my ATM pin.

The fair thing they ought to have done is call the bank and ask if he is a genuine employer. If they can’t reach the bank, they should call British High commission in Nigeria and ask on what premise he was granted visa, and if they made verifications before granting him the visa in Nigeria. If they are satisfied, then he should have been allowed entry. He was detained for 10 days, so are you saying throughout the 10 day period, Microfinance head in Nigeria couldn’t be contacted

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by iPresh4s(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2021
Maybe he no dey work there, dem just arrange money and paperwork
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by bitbillionaire: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2021
I agree with your view that the man's inability to answer those questions shows he his incompetent and not a good ambassador of the company he works for.

Despite that, I still believe that does not justify UK's action and the maltreatment he went through. The guy showed his letter of employment and company's id card and other stuff to prove his identity. If they had some doubt they ought to have contacted the company he worked for to confirm that he worked for them.

Btw, I don't think UK has immigration law that requires employees to know everything about their company before they can enter UK.

NOC1:

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Jostoman: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
Ceenachi:
My brother, it's not about you, it's about Nigerià......the other day a Nigerian diplomat was thoroughly beaten in Indonesia and his head pinned down till he screamed the historic "I can't breath".....now you were thoroughly asked to draw your head of Government......
The truth is that , there is no respect for Nigerià and Nigerians home and abroad....

I hope Britain can extend that kind of good gesture to some of our wicked government official.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by phemmyfour: 9:50am On Aug 15, 2021
richie240:

Hehehehe .....''e nor get case" as to how?
Were those information prerequisites to him getting d visa in d first place or d genuineness of d information provided by him?

If the information provided by him are genuine, then all these 'draw logo', 'mention name of chairman gran-papa' are just flimsy.

That 10 days they locked him up, they could/should've used those period to recheck the mans data through d embassy in Nigeria.

Who say village ppl nor dey!
cool

Who told you that you can't be turned back at the airport even after you are being issued visa here. It's better you get yourself acquaitance with immigration laws of the Country you are visiting

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikem11:

You clearly know nothing about professional design... No bank can have their website designed like that trash I see there... Look at their pictures poorly done.

Like I said, if u know anything about web design then clearly u will understand this website can never get you into any country grin
That website I’m seeing there i can design it in less than 24hrs grin
You just need a little design knowledge to know this. Look at the horrible color gradients self lipsrsealed
Even a secondary school can’t have a website looking this terrible, talk more a bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by poiZon: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Nigerian sues UK for denying him entry after landing at Manchester airport

British-court

A Nigerian, Adeyemi Opebiyi, has sued the United Kingdom for allegedly turning him back from entering the country after he had been granted a visa and had flown from Nigeria to the Manchester Airport.

Opebiyi, who described himself as the Head of Operations, Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, said on arriving at Manchester Airport on March 14, 2021, he was stopped by the UK Immigration official, who insisted that he must be interviewed before he could be allowed into the UK.

He claimed that he was made to wait for eight hours at the immigration desk before he was eventually interviewed by an Immigration officer, who asked him to draw the logo of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, among other things, as a way of verifying his claim that he works with the financial institution.

Opebiyi alleged that after drawing the logo as best as he could, the Immigration officer told him that the drawing was not good enough and he would be denied entry into the UK on that basis and related reasons.

He claimed that he was subsequently detained for 10 days before he was finally deported to Nigeria on March 24.

He said in response to his request for the review of the decision, he got a letter from the UK Home Office, reading: “You were asked to draw Sabi Micro Finance Bank LTD’s logo: What you drew bore little resemblance to the logos found on all the official paperwork you submitted for your visa application.

“Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

In the suit filed on his behalf by UK-based Nigerian lawyer, Mr Femi Aina, a Senior Consultant Solicitor with Martynsrose Solicitors, UK, Opebiyi is demanding damages for what he termed the unlawful and humiliating treatment meted out to him by the UK Immigration officers.

The suit was filed upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum chamber) UK, with the Secretary of State for Home Department (UK) named as the sole respondent to the suit.

In the court papers, copies of which were made available to our correspondent, Opebiyi’s lawyer said, “The applicant spent 16 hours on his flight to London (Lagos-Doha-Manchester). He was held for about eight hours by the respondent for further examination. He was interviewed after eight hours’ waiting and was asked to draw the company logo. Despite the fatigue and the flight stress, he tried his best possible to draw the company’s logo. The respondent’s action is oppressive as it does not have regard for his well-being.
“The applicant showed his ID card, his MD confirmed his employment. The letter dated 9th April, 2018 and the one dated 12 August, 2020 from the CBN relates to his employment. His bank statement shows regular salary payment. All the above are relevant evidence regarding his employment. The respondent’s decision that he was not employed, or that false information was used in obtaining his visa, is wrong.

“By reason of the matters aforesaid, the applicant was unlawfully detained and deprived of his liberty for 10 days at Immigration Detention Centre (Colynbrook) from the date of his arrival, 14th March 2021 up to the date of his removal i.e. 24 March, 2021.

“The respondent has acted in a way that is incompatible with the applicant’s rights under the European Convention on Human Rights, contrary to Section 6(1) as a public authority carrying out Immigration Control.”

Describing the experience as the worst in his life, Opebiyi, in the court papers, said, “I was humiliated and distressed about the whole matter. A week after returning to Nigeria I could not go to work as I was mentally unstable. I have never stayed in detention in my life. The whole experience is affecting me psychologically till now. Anytime I hear detention or see anything about the UK, I cringe. I lost my savings on a fruitless journey to the UK. I am a victim of injustice.”

The applicant, through his lawyer, said he was entitled to a claim of between £5,000 and £20,000, with interest.

He explained that he lost a total of £1,593.00 from the cost of flight ticket, taxi fare to the airport in Nigeria, Administrative Review fees that he paid in the UK and the legal fees he paid to the lawyer who processed the Administrative Review for him.

“The claimant is entitled to interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 on any sums due to him at such rate as the court shall think fit,” the lawyer said.

https://punchng.com/nigerian-sues-uk-for-denying-him-entry-after-landing-at-manchester-airport/?amp

U vote buhari finish, wan come run leave the buhari u voted... God punish u..
Ur petition will never see light, amen.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Sleekfingers: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Nigerian sues UK for denying him entry after landing at Manchester airport

British-court

A Nigerian, Adeyemi Opebiyi, has sued the United Kingdom for allegedly turning him back from entering the country after he had been granted a visa and had flown from Nigeria to the Manchester Airport.

Opebiyi, who described himself as the Head of Operations, Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, said on arriving at Manchester Airport on March 14, 2021, he was stopped by the UK Immigration official, who insisted that he must be interviewed before he could be allowed into the UK.

He claimed that he was made to wait for eight hours at the immigration desk before he was eventually interviewed by an Immigration officer, who asked him to draw the logo of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, among other things, as a way of verifying his claim that he works with the financial institution.

Opebiyi alleged that after drawing the logo as best as he could, the Immigration officer told him that the drawing was not good enough and he would be denied entry into the UK on that basis and related reasons.

He claimed that he was subsequently detained for 10 days before he was finally deported to Nigeria on March 24.

He said in response to his request for the review of the decision, he got a letter from the UK Home Office, reading: “You were asked to draw Sabi Micro Finance Bank LTD’s logo: What you drew bore little resemblance to the logos found on all the official paperwork you submitted for your visa application.

“Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

In the suit filed on his behalf by UK-based Nigerian lawyer, Mr Femi Aina, a Senior Consultant Solicitor with Martynsrose Solicitors, UK, Opebiyi is demanding damages for what he termed the unlawful and humiliating treatment meted out to him by the UK Immigration officers.

The suit was filed upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum chamber) UK, with the Secretary of State for Home Department (UK) named as the sole respondent to the suit.

In the court papers, copies of which were made available to our correspondent, Opebiyi’s lawyer said, “The applicant spent 16 hours on his flight to London (Lagos-Doha-Manchester). He was held for about eight hours by the respondent for further examination. He was interviewed after eight hours’ waiting and was asked to draw the company logo. Despite the fatigue and the flight stress, he tried his best possible to draw the company’s logo. The respondent’s action is oppressive as it does not have regard for his well-being.
“The applicant showed his ID card, his MD confirmed his employment. The letter dated 9th April, 2018 and the one dated 12 August, 2020 from the CBN relates to his employment. His bank statement shows regular salary payment. All the above are relevant evidence regarding his employment. The respondent’s decision that he was not employed, or that false information was used in obtaining his visa, is wrong.

“By reason of the matters aforesaid, the applicant was unlawfully detained and deprived of his liberty for 10 days at Immigration Detention Centre (Colynbrook) from the date of his arrival, 14th March 2021 up to the date of his removal i.e. 24 March, 2021.

“The respondent has acted in a way that is incompatible with the applicant’s rights under the European Convention on Human Rights, contrary to Section 6(1) as a public authority carrying out Immigration Control.”

Describing the experience as the worst in his life, Opebiyi, in the court papers, said, “I was humiliated and distressed about the whole matter. A week after returning to Nigeria I could not go to work as I was mentally unstable. I have never stayed in detention in my life. The whole experience is affecting me psychologically till now. Anytime I hear detention or see anything about the UK, I cringe. I lost my savings on a fruitless journey to the UK. I am a victim of injustice.”

The applicant, through his lawyer, said he was entitled to a claim of between £5,000 and £20,000, with interest.

He explained that he lost a total of £1,593.00 from the cost of flight ticket, taxi fare to the airport in Nigeria, Administrative Review fees that he paid in the UK and the legal fees he paid to the lawyer who processed the Administrative Review for him.

“The claimant is entitled to interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 on any sums due to him at such rate as the court shall think fit,” the lawyer said.

https://punchng.com/nigerian-sues-uk-for-denying-him-entry-after-landing-at-manchester-airport/?amp

some nigerians go just dey make me laugh.......oga the immigration can deny you...
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by richie240: 10:18am On Aug 15, 2021
U've quoted me out of context.
#comprehension skillz

No where in the post u quoted did I say so. U may read it again:

Were those information prerequisites to him getting d visa in d first place or d genuineness of d information provided by him?

If the information provided by him are genuine, then all these 'draw logo', 'mention name of chairman gran-papa' are just flimsy.

That 10 days they locked him up, they could/should've used those period to recheck the mans data through d embassy in Nigeria.

The right question shd be: "Did they find any of the information the man provided to be false?" not "do they have the right to deport him or not?"

If they found him wanting in providing false information then fine, but not because "e nor sabi draw logo". At least give a cogent reason for d 2 wks incarceration and d subsequent deportation!

Ha-han, kilode gan?
Nitori olorun, na drugs e carry?

phemmyfour:
Who told you that you can't be turned back at the airport even after you are being issued visa here. It's better you get yourself acquaitance with immigration laws of the Country you are visiting

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by RedEnergy: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2021
emmy512:

Lol, he can only win the part of illegal detention for 10 days
And it will fetch him a lot of money. So the man has hit the jackpot, because unlike Nigeria, the British judiciary is independent and UK govt and its agencies must obey court orders. So if the court rules they pay him £1 million pounds, then they will pay without any delay.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ezewealth(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2021
Newboss:

What are you even saying? So he should start cramming names and core values instead of focusing on his job? Some people are not good with names. I went through university without knowing any lecturer's full name. I just know say the name na John. I have worked in many places without knowing the oga's full name. Those guys were looking for anything to use to cast him. People even have issues remembering names. These are real things any adult can relate with. Let's stop all these hypocritical attitude.
What do u mean by cramming, so, as a head of operations in your organization, u don't know ur organization's core value. So what are u are you doing there? Most Nigerians are just not employable.
This is just the case of our historic "oga at the top".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by hahn(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:

The guy is obviously incompetent undecided
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by richie240: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2021
Oga, datwan iz beside the point.
Whether d logo dey basic or complex nor be d issue.
As simple as that logo seems to be, its still more complex than chevron logo.

So, datwan nor follow join biko!
cool

Rgade:

That website I’m seeing there i can design it in less than 24hrs grin
You just need a little design knowledge to know this. Look at the horrible color gradients self lipsrsealed
Even a secondary school can’t have a website looking this terrible, talk more a bank.

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by phemmyfour: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2021
richie240:
U've quoted me out of context.
#comprehension skillz

No where in the post u quoted did I say so. U may read it again:

The right question shd be: "Did they find any of the information the man provided to be false?" not "do they have the right to deport him or not?"

If they found him wanting in providing false information then fine, but not because "e nor sabi draw logo". At least give a cogent reason for d 2 wks incarceration and d subsequent deportation!

Ha-han, kilode gan?
Nitori olorun, na drugs e carry?

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2021
richie240:
Oga, datwan iz beside the point.
Whether d logo dey basic or complex nor be d issue.
As simple as that logo seems to be, its still more complex than chevron logo.

So, datwan nor follow join biko!
cool

This is not about the logo. The bank na scam is what I’m saying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Fuckyoumod: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2021
SEGLIZ:

Happy Birthday to Sir,
May you live long,
In good health and wealth.
Amen, thank you my brother.

Have a nice day ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by richie240: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2021
phemmyfour:
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse
I agree brah, but 2 weeks detention?

Ha-han, u have d right to allow me enter ur country or not. If u nor want me 4 ya country, biko, return me to my country jejely nah!
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by armadeo(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikem11:
Lol funny... I tried to search the said bank and I can clearly see why the immigration officer sent the werey back... Everything there is a pure scam

Na family bank/ business.

As one guy talk my guy first dey earn 50k, collect big title join, dey hustle dey go and you want make e cram names of directors.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2021
airsaylongcome:

The website looks tack I agree. Very very tacky. But you can't say it's all a con. The website was registered in 2018. Bank is registered with CBN. It's a one man business owned by a former CBN director and his friend.

The website is very substandard but that cannot be the basis for calling it scam.

Edit:
Okay so I checked CBN list of MFBs and their name isn't there. So yeah probably suspect

Brother, u seems not to know anything about scam... Anyone good in system can registered any documents that even bank of America will find it difficult identifying it not to be legit.

This one the guy play is what a common sec school student can do. He just disgraced the country by presenting this trash to UK immigration wonder what they were thinking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by airsaylongcome: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikem11:

Brother, u seems not to know anything about scam... Anyone good in system can registered any documents that even bank of America will find it difficult identifying it not to be legit.

This one the guy play is what a common sec school student can do. He just disgraced the country by presenting this trash to UK immigration wonder what they were thinking.

You mean I can register a domain name today and make it appear everywhere all over the world that I registered it in 2018?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2021
richie240:

I agree brah, but 2 weeks detention?

Ha-han, u have d right to allow me enter ur country or not. If u nor want me 4 ya country, biko, return me to my country jejely nah!

That 2weeks can be their immigration law for providing false information. That immigration man didn't ask the dude to draw logo because he want him to be an artist... It's just a proof to justify his arrest cos its already confirmed the website and bank is scam even before they started playing with him

UK don't play with law and believe me they won't hold him for that 10days if it's not according to their immigration law.

Go read UK immigration law then u will understand

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by DrMuzungu(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2021
Hduty:

But the UK embassy granted him visa, mumu.

Na you be the mumu. Take, for example, US visa. The application clearly states that being issues a visa is NOT a guarantee of entry, the final decision is on the immigration officer (CBP, in case of USA) at the point of entry. They can still deny you the entry for any reason or no reason at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2021
airsaylongcome:

You mean I can register a domain name today and make it appear everywhere all over the world that I registered it in 2018?

Chai ignorance. If am an agent and my mission is getting visas for people... Do u think building a career 4 to 5yrs is a problem? Mind you that guy isn't the first person to pass borders with that website.

He only got unlucky... First time travel tension at immigration point to make u look suspicious even when your father is dangote
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by dongc(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2021
Ceenachi:

He actually won this case and currently negotiating payment...not sure why punch omitted it in their reporting..this is good news for him..
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Druss(m): 11:24am On Aug 15, 2021
To the person using senators who can't sing the national anthem or pledge - those senators should not have been employed. That is part of the problem.

It is shameful.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by richie240: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikem11:

That 2weeks can be their immigration law for providing false information. That immigration man didn't ask the dude to draw logo because he want him to be an artist... It's just a proof to justify his arrest cos its already confirmed the website and bank is scam even before they started playing with him
If he had bn found wanting for misinformation, they would have stated it outrightly. Instead they were only able to accuse him of his inability to properly draw d logo of his bank.
vvvvv
..... "He claimed that he was made to wait for eight hours at the immigration desk before he was eventually interviewed by an Immigration officer, who asked him to draw the logo of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, among other things, as a way of verifying his claim that he works with the financial institution.

He claimed that he was subsequently detained for 10 days before he was finally deported to Nigeria on March 24."
]
If there's any discrepancy in d information provided, d embassy in Nigeria, after due diligence and background checks, would have found out.

UK don't play with law and believe me they won't hold him for that 10days if it's not according to their immigration law.
You are merely assuming. You urself are not sure.
Biko, show me where its written in their law to detain someone for inability to draw for 10 days
Oh, its because its 'oyibo' right?
Whatever they say/do must be right.
#inferiority_complex
Go read UK immigration law then u will understand
Lolz, u are funny.
First u showed ur ignorance of d UK laws, now u r telling me to read for comprehension what u urself have not read!
Nwokeeeeeeeee!!!!
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:

You may be right but other countries immigration service do exactly the same thing. Deny entry based on 'you don't have enough kudi to spend

The catch being that you are entering the country to seek employment without the necessary papers.

I'm even surprised our Immigration services do same.

I’ve heard of Visa’s being denied for this reason not entry being refused after you’ve arrived the country. It’s at the Visa application stage that your finances are usually checked to ensure you have enough money for your trip.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Plunges Car Into Swamp In Bayelsa And Dies Instantly (photo) / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.