Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport (34373 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video) / Reps Ban Airlines From Canada, UK For Denying Nigeria Landing Rights / Air Peace Flight Lost A Tire While Landing At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 15, 2021
Likely oluwole things.
even if you cant draw logo well, but as that position he claimed he is occupying, how on earth wont you know your boss names and core values of your organization. Those guys are not fool. I have seen similar cases in recent times. In fact i warned a guy that did similar things but eventually he got similar boot back from canada. He may win against unlawful detention but for those records, he may not win.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by mysticwarrior(m): 5:56am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:
If you clearly read the whole news, you will agree with the UK embassy that the guy is not working with the company or he is an illiterate.

Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

If i am the owner of the organization I will sack him on getting this report, this shows he is incompetent and he does not believe in the organization. He is not an ambassador of the company.
the UK embassy in Nigeria are expected to have cleared him and certified him legible to travel before granting him visa. If you know the way UK immigration authorities treat Africans and Indians you wouldn't be sounding like this, Australia is the worst of them all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:58am On Aug 15, 2021
This one is strong.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:

During interview questions varies from person to person, some are not even asked any question.

I know companies that specialize in giving proof, they prepare you for this build your documents and make it look genuine, don’t be surprised that this organization has been blacklisted for such

I see, that's interesting.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Validated: 5:59am On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion...especially as he showed them proof that he was employed, and his MD confirmed it?

Modified

Well, the Brits said that

Well, for all I know, it still does sound strange to me. Many people entering the UK aren't asked to state the aims and objectives of their organizations' or their organization's heads on the drop of a hat.

In the 10 days he was in detention, embassy officials both in Nigeria have made their investigations.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Hduty: 6:01am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:
If you clearly read the whole news, you will agree with the UK embassy that the guy is not working with the company or he is an illiterate.

Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

If i am the owner of the organization I will sack him on getting this report, this shows he is incompetent and he does not believe in the organization. He is not an ambassador of the company.

But the UK embassy granted him visa, mumu.

The problem is that an ECO thinks he is more knowledgeable than the immigration officer who granted him the visa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by EgunMogaji2: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Case is dead on arrival. Immigration is a privilege, not a right.

He should have bought travel insurance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Validated:

In the 10 days he was in detention, embassy officials both in Nigeria have made their investigations.

Very plausible.

Still, it does sound strange to me, especially the 'Draw the logo' test bit.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by aremuforlife(m): 6:03am On Aug 15, 2021
He is not an artist, he may not know how to draw. I assure you that, the guy has a case and he is getting justice, he will be compensate.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by EgunMogaji2: 6:04am On Aug 15, 2021
Hduty:

The problem is that an ECO thinks he is more knowledgeable than the immigration officer who granted him the visa

All a visa does is allow you to present yourself at a point of entry. It doesn’t grant access to enter the country.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by aremuforlife(m): 6:05am On Aug 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Case is dead on arrival. Immigration is a privilege, not a right.

He should have bought travel insurance.
Migration is not a privilege but a right. It is your right to migrate to anywhere you want.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 15, 2021
Hduty:

About that, countries have the right to cancel visas on point of entry. And it does happen.(There was one programme I used to watch on the DSTV channel CBS reality...Australia border patrol...where all sorts of people with valid visas into Australia had it cancelled because they could not explain X or Y.)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by rajiedreez: 6:08am On Aug 15, 2021
Lol since you're in the USA direct calls should go through this your number and not WhatsApp calls. Enle ara America.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Newboss(m): 6:09am On Aug 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I'm pretty certain he does not work for the bank

If he doesn't work for the bank, why the lawsuit? You think they can't find out who owns the bank and verify that data? Those immigration guys were just being mischievous.

Draw logo? State MD name? They for ask am to mention his grandfather's name to confirm that he's from his family. Mad people everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by NOC1(m): 6:09am On Aug 15, 2021
Hduty:

I made my comment without calling you name, learn how to present your case without name calling.

That you have a visa does not mean your acceptance is guaranteed, you can be turned back at point of entry with genuine VISA, you can be repatriated at country of visit despite having genuine visa and haven’t outspent your days of visit.

If you’re suspected in country of visit, immigration officer have the right to subject you to further questioning, he has the right to cancel your visa after his case has been approved by the appropriate authority.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ajyogbon(m): 6:09am On Aug 15, 2021
Even Nigeria some people believed that some part of Nigerians are stranger how much more other countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ppogba: 6:12am On Aug 15, 2021
aremuforlife:

Migration is not a privilege but a right. It is your right to migrate to anywhere you want.

Entering anywhere is at the discretion of the owners of where you want to enter. No one can argue that.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by nosiebaba(m): 6:13am On Aug 15, 2021
So you must be a graphics designer to prove you work in somewhere. Nonsense. So if you can draw a logo without having worked there in your entire life it proves you work there?
You have his bank statement of regular salary payment and a confirmation from his md. Wetin concern logo? Overzealous people

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by nosiebaba(m): 6:15am On Aug 15, 2021
Newboss:

If he doesn't work for the bank, why the lawsuit? You think they can't find out who owns the bank and verify that data? Those immigration guys were just being mischievous.

Draw logo? State MD name? They for ask am to mention his grandfather's name to confirm that he's from his family. Mad people everywhere
No mind them. You must be a graphics designer to prove you work somewhere. Nonsense. I have been using UBA for years and as simple their logo is, I can't draw it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ppogba: 6:15am On Aug 15, 2021
Newboss:

I like the word mischievous you used.
It is high that people realize the fact that you need more prayer after getting your visa than before getting it.
I am talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by aribisala0(m): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2021
Nigeria needs to equalize
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by haslaw(m): 6:17am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:

Just tell me how a head of operations can’t answer this questions? Is funny, head of operations is part of every activity and he knows all management staffs.

You will never be a head of an organisation with such mind set.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Newboss(m): 6:19am On Aug 15, 2021
priceaction:
Likely oluwole things.
even if you cant draw logo well, but as that position he claimed he is occupying, how on earth wont you know your boss names and core values of your organization. Those guys are not fool. I have seen similar cases in recent times. In fact i warned a guy that did similar things but eventually he got similar boot back from canada. He may win against unlawful detention but for those records, he may not win.
What are you even saying? So he should start cramming names and core values instead of focusing on his job? Some people are not good with names. I went through university without knowing any lecturer's full name. I just know say the name na John. I have worked in many places without knowing the oga's full name. Those guys were looking for anything to use to cast him. People even have issues remembering names. These are real things any adult can relate with. Let's stop all these hypocritical attitude.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by NOC1(m): 6:20am On Aug 15, 2021
haslaw:

You will never be a head of an organisation with such mind set.

I am already, with your incompetency you can’t grow in an organization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by advanceDNA: 6:21am On Aug 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I'm pretty certain he does not work for the bank

So u think his employment is fake and he still filed a law suit against the British government..??

He can’t be that stupid....

Uk government don’t know Nigerians are not that dedicated to work and more than half of us hates our job.. we only go there for the pay..

They think head of operations is one big job...
Someone that can’t be earning more than 50k. They want him to care about name of board members .....

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by fkj950ax(m): 6:25am On Aug 15, 2021
A visa is not a guarantee or promise to let you into the issuing country.

A visa gives you the right to present yourself at a port of entry, airport in his case, and admittance into the country is at the discretion of the border officers. Even in Nigeria, you can be turned back.

Concerning his secondary interviews, we read the account of his lawyer which is designed to make his case look good. May have a change of opinion if we read the UKs side of the story in court too.

But 10 days to effect removal proceedings is way too much.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by linearity: 6:29am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:

Just tell me how a head of operations can’t answer this questions? Is funny, head of operations is part of every activity and he knows all management staffs.

Many employees don’t know their chairperson or MD’s name unless you work for a small organization.

Many employees don’t even know these people, have not met them, have not interacted with them or worked with them.

He is not working in HR or Admin to be cramming people’s name that they don’t come in contact with in their day to day work.

Drawing the company’s logo is a childish test when the guy is not an artist. I doubt if those immigration office can draw the logo of the UK immigration.

Mission statement, are you kidding me? You cram those info when going for the company’s employment interview, after employment, who mission statement epp?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 6:32am On Aug 15, 2021
Lol funny... I tried to search the said bank and I can clearly see why the immigration officer sent the werey back... Everything there is a pure scam

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ledaman: 6:34am On Aug 15, 2021
The agent that facilitated the traveling for the dude did shabby documents for him. It may not be the faults of the Traveller because he wasn't well prepared. At least he should have told him the questions he would be asked. They white men asked questions based on what you submit to them. I was once in the guy's situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by fkj950ax(m): 6:36am On Aug 15, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

The letter dated 9th April, 2018 and the one dated 12 August, 2020 from the CBN relates to his employment. p

Ikem11:
Lol funny... I tried to search the said bank and I can clearly see why the immigration officer sent the werey back... Everything there is a pure scam

The website is oluwole

https://sabimfb.com/

Makes me wonder why CBN is issuing letters concerning employment of a bank staff

Anyone in finance that can explain this?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ledaman: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2021
Newboss:

What are you even saying? So he should start cramming names and core values instead of focusing on his job? Some people are not good with names. I went through university without knowing any lecturer's full name. I just know say the name na John. I have worked in many places without knowing the oga's full name. Those guys were looking for anything to use to cast him. People even have issues remembering names. These are real things any adult can relate with. Let's stop all these hypocritical attitude.
It is not being hypocritical guy,if you want to travel out you need to get fact or information based on what you submit to the embassy that's the norm.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl Hit By A Speeding Vehicle Escapes Death. Photos / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) / Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.