Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport (34372 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video) / Reps Ban Airlines From Canada, UK For Denying Nigeria Landing Rights / Air Peace Flight Lost A Tire While Landing At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by advanceDNA: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikem11:
Lol funny... I tried to search the said bank and I can clearly see why the immigration officer sent the werey back... Everything there is a pure scam

The website exist naaa...and it doesn’t look Too bad

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:
If you clearly read the whole news, you will agree with the UK embassy that the guy is not working with the company or he is an illiterate.

Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

If i am the owner of the organization I will sack him on getting this report, this shows he is incompetent and he does not believe in the organization. He is not an ambassador of the company.

Just tell me how a head of operations can’t answer this questions? Is funny, head of operations is part of every activity and he knows all management staffs.
It is not typical practice to be interviewing someone upon arrival, these are things you should do during visa interviews. They hand pick Nigerians for such humiliations and I don't think we should be defending them for doing that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Pain(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2021
SABI Bank. Olodo Bank wey no Sabi. He should have mentioned Oga Sabinus as his MD. Fake ass shit

He would lose woefully before any competent judge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Kraytur: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2021
2020 January I was about to get checked into Dubai at their airport

Then there was this dude in front of me on the line it got to his turn and he was literally denied entry and sent back

Omo I shook

But I’ve returned to Dubai after 2020 and it’s never and will never be my Portion to be denied entry anywhere

One with God ….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by SEGLIZ: 7:37am On Aug 15, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Lol.... I cant shout, for over 6 years of trying to hit Front page all to no avail.
It finally came in 2021. My last 3 posts has continued to hit Front page on Nairaland back to back.

Yesterday was my Birthday! Show a brother some love.
My prayer is that the love, grace and blessings of God never departs from me, Amen.

Happy Sunday.

Happy Birthday to Sir,
May you live long,
In good health and wealth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by 9jaRealist: 7:38am On Aug 15, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Nigerian sues UK for denying him entry after landing at Manchester airport

British-court

A Nigerian, Adeyemi Opebiyi, has sued the United Kingdom for allegedly turning him back from entering the country after he had been granted a visa and had flown from Nigeria to the Manchester Airport.

Opebiyi, who described himself as the Head of Operations, Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, said on arriving at Manchester Airport on March 14, 2021, he was stopped by the UK Immigration official, who insisted that he must be interviewed before he could be allowed into the UK.

He claimed that he was made to wait for eight hours at the immigration desk before he was eventually interviewed by an Immigration officer, who asked him to draw the logo of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, among other things, as a way of verifying his claim that he works with the financial institution.

Opebiyi alleged that after drawing the logo as best as he could, the Immigration officer told him that the drawing was not good enough and he would be denied entry into the UK on that basis and related reasons.

He claimed that he was subsequently detained for 10 days before he was finally deported to Nigeria on March 24.

He said in response to his request for the review of the decision, he got a letter from the UK Home Office, reading: “You were asked to draw Sabi Micro Finance Bank LTD’s logo: What you drew bore little resemblance to the logos found on all the official paperwork you submitted for your visa application.

“Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

In the suit filed on his behalf by UK-based Nigerian lawyer, Mr Femi Aina, a Senior Consultant Solicitor with Martynsrose Solicitors, UK, Opebiyi is demanding damages for what he termed the unlawful and humiliating treatment meted out to him by the UK Immigration officers.

The suit was filed upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum chamber) UK, with the Secretary of State for Home Department (UK) named as the sole respondent to the suit.

In the court papers, copies of which were made available to our correspondent, Opebiyi’s lawyer said, “The applicant spent 16 hours on his flight to London (Lagos-Doha-Manchester). He was held for about eight hours by the respondent for further examination. He was interviewed after eight hours’ waiting and was asked to draw the company logo. Despite the fatigue and the flight stress, he tried his best possible to draw the company’s logo. The respondent’s action is oppressive as it does not have regard for his well-being.
“The applicant showed his ID card, his MD confirmed his employment. The letter dated 9th April, 2018 and the one dated 12 August, 2020 from the CBN relates to his employment. His bank statement shows regular salary payment. All the above are relevant evidence regarding his employment. The respondent’s decision that he was not employed, or that false information was used in obtaining his visa, is wrong.

“By reason of the matters aforesaid, the applicant was unlawfully detained and deprived of his liberty for 10 days at Immigration Detention Centre (Colynbrook) from the date of his arrival, 14th March 2021 up to the date of his removal i.e. 24 March, 2021.

“The respondent has acted in a way that is incompatible with the applicant’s rights under the European Convention on Human Rights, contrary to Section 6(1) as a public authority carrying out Immigration Control.”

Describing the experience as the worst in his life, Opebiyi, in the court papers, said, “I was humiliated and distressed about the whole matter. A week after returning to Nigeria I could not go to work as I was mentally unstable. I have never stayed in detention in my life. The whole experience is affecting me psychologically till now. Anytime I hear detention or see anything about the UK, I cringe. I lost my savings on a fruitless journey to the UK. I am a victim of injustice.”

The applicant, through his lawyer, said he was entitled to a claim of between £5,000 and £20,000, with interest.

He explained that he lost a total of £1,593.00 from the cost of flight ticket, taxi fare to the airport in Nigeria, Administrative Review fees that he paid in the UK and the legal fees he paid to the lawyer who processed the Administrative Review for him.

“The claimant is entitled to interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 on any sums due to him at such rate as the court shall think fit,” the lawyer said.

https://punchng.com/nigerian-sues-uk-for-denying-him-entry-after-landing-at-manchester-airport/?amp

grin grin grin
grin grin grin

UK-bound by force or by foul…
Dude, it is not by right to enter the UK.

It’s their country and they can deny you entry for any reason whatsoever…
Abegi return to your country that you have helped to mess up and help fix it.

>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by proclinician: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:

On the other hand, it does sound strange that they would ask for his work details, and to draw the logo.

Most people, including many Nigerians entering the UK, aren't asked those kind of questions. Why him?

One thing leads to another. Those guys there are psychologists trained in discovering lies. One single lie is all they need and all your stories are thrown out. Everything you say must be coherent from start to finish and immediately you say one incoherent thing or as little as make a questionable body language or become unnecessary nervous they will come down on u with all manner of questions so u simply give urself out. That man is a liar. Be like as I am working in UCTH now u ask me to name my CMD, C-MAC Deputy C-MAC and director of Admin and I no fit. Na ment?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by LastProphet: 7:43am On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:

On the other hand, it does sound strange that they would ask for his work details, and to draw the logo.

Most people, including many Nigerians entering the UK, aren't asked those kind of questions. Why him?

He's not a staff of that bank and if at all he's staff then the MD of the bank should have prepared the sack letter by now for forgetting his name with whom he does meeting at least once a week.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by 9jaRealist: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
It is not typical practice to be interviewing someone upon arrival, these are things you should do during visa interviews. They hand pick Nigerians for such humiliations and I don't think we should be defending them for doing that.

It is done regularly…
Immigration officers routinely spot-check arrivals.

There many NON-NIGERIANS interviewed and/or denied entry at the airport (or other port of entry)…
There’s often (though not always) reasons to conduct random spot-checks, and unfortunately many Nigerians act dodgy.

A visa does not grant automatic entry and can effectively be revoked at any time….
Anyway, sounds like this dude was too busy forging Oluwole docs, he forgot to learn names of the bank’s officers. LMAO!
>

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Seankay323: 7:47am On Aug 15, 2021
Guys i have travelled to the uk without a valid visitor visa and they let me stay for 5 days instead of the 2 weeks i intended to stay and yes i was detained for some hours. My passport was given to the pilot upon return back to Nigeria.. Be humble thats all no go dey form i am this and that. Fix your own country or dont travel to the uk. How can a head of operations not know company's logo or directors. You dey sue instead of you to sue your own government for making you incompetent enough not to know your company's logo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by babakb: 7:47am On Aug 15, 2021
hustla:

You have the mentality of a slave

And you are a pathetic fool.

You're the typical slave but you don't know, the white man has succeeded in making animals like you obsessed with the thaughts of slavery and racism while they keep inventing and advancing their technology globally.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by kode12: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2021
NOC1:
If you clearly read the whole news, you will agree with the UK embassy that the guy is not working with the company or he is an illiterate.

Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

If i am the owner of the organization I will sack him on getting this report, this shows he is incompetent and he does not believe in the organization. He is not an ambassador of the company.

Just tell me how a head of operations can’t answer this questions? Is funny, head of operations is part of every activity and he knows all management staffs.

After flying for over 8 hours, and then detained for another 8, his inability to remember is perfectly excusable. He had documentary evidence of his employment, that trumps everything else. All UKBA needed to do is call his employers and confirm. Their reason for denial of unjust and invalid.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Femeto: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2021
Buhari and Hush done scatter our image.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2021
Newboss:

What are you even saying? So he should start cramming names and core values instead of focusing on his job? Some people are not good with names. I went through university without knowing any lecturer's full name. I just know say the name na John. I have worked in many places without knowing the oga's full name. Those guys were looking for anything to use to cast him. People even have issues remembering names. These are real things any adult can relate with. Let's stop all these hypocritical attitude.

You have a point but not totally agree with you. Its normal not to know all your lecturers full names because of the crowd. But an organization with less than 20 staffs. See, we know how this things work.
There are organizations in island doing dirty travelling agency jobs especially people going to Uk. The company might be on the watch lists. I know what am talking bro. Besides, we are are talking of Head of Operations, bro, not ordinary position, and in a small company like micro finance, haba. He supposed know his ogas name.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by 9jaRealist: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2021
Seankay323:
Guys i have travelled to the uk without a valid visitor visa and they let me stay for 5 days instead of the 2 weeks i intended to stay and yes i was detained for some hours. My passport was given to the pilot upon return back to Nigeria.. Be humble thats all no go dey form i am this and that. Fix your own country or dont travel to the uk. How can a head of operations not know company's logo or directors. You dey sue instead of you to sue your own government for making you incompetent enough not to know your company's logo.

It would seem as if the dude only concentrated on getting Oluwole documents…
But failed to be bothered with basics such as the names of the bank’s principal officers. grin
>

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by hustla(m): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2021
babakb:

And you are a pathetic fool.

You're the typical slave but you don't know, the white man has succeeded in making animals like you obsessed with the thaughts of slavery and racism while they keep inventing and advancing their technology globally.

K
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:
Wow, what a case.

If he is telling the truth, and I hope he is, he may have a case.

Banning someone from entering the UK on the grounds that he cannot draw the logo of his bank? Is he an artist? Can the UK immigration offical draw the logo of his own organisation?
What they asked him to do is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve never heard of that kind of test before.

He should have asked that immigration officer to draw the UK coat of arms and question his Britishness if he failed to get it precisely. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ernestforyou: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2021
That UK and US embassies are all scammers.They charged exorbitant amount for visa applications and still denied many qualified applicants for no reason.
A friend who applied recently with a networth of over 60m naira was denied despite providing authentic documents and no tangible reason was given .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by BREYZ: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Nigerian sues UK for denying him entry after landing at Manchester airport

British-court

A Nigerian, Adeyemi Opebiyi, has sued the United Kingdom for allegedly turning him back from entering the country after he had been granted a visa and had flown from Nigeria to the Manchester Airport.

Opebiyi, who described himself as the Head of Operations, Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, said on arriving at Manchester Airport on March 14, 2021, he was stopped by the UK Immigration official, who insisted that he must be interviewed before he could be allowed into the UK.

He claimed that he was made to wait for eight hours at the immigration desk before he was eventually interviewed by an Immigration officer, who asked him to draw the logo of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd, among other things, as a way of verifying his claim that he works with the financial institution.

Opebiyi alleged that after drawing the logo as best as he could, the Immigration officer told him that the drawing was not good enough and he would be denied entry into the UK on that basis and related reasons.

He claimed that he was subsequently detained for 10 days before he was finally deported to Nigeria on March 24.

He said in response to his request for the review of the decision, he got a letter from the UK Home Office, reading: “You were asked to draw Sabi Micro Finance Bank LTD’s logo: What you drew bore little resemblance to the logos found on all the official paperwork you submitted for your visa application.

“Furthermore, you were initially unable to state the correct names of the current Chairperson and Managing Director of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd. This is something a Head of Operations would know. You were also unable to describe the core values and mission of Sabi Micro Finance Bank Ltd as described on its website.”

In the suit filed on his behalf by UK-based Nigerian lawyer, Mr Femi Aina, a Senior Consultant Solicitor with Martynsrose Solicitors, UK, Opebiyi is demanding damages for what he termed the unlawful and humiliating treatment meted out to him by the UK Immigration officers.

The suit was filed upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum chamber) UK, with the Secretary of State for Home Department (UK) named as the sole respondent to the suit.

In the court papers, copies of which were made available to our correspondent, Opebiyi’s lawyer said, “The applicant spent 16 hours on his flight to London (Lagos-Doha-Manchester). He was held for about eight hours by the respondent for further examination. He was interviewed after eight hours’ waiting and was asked to draw the company logo. Despite the fatigue and the flight stress, he tried his best possible to draw the company’s logo. The respondent’s action is oppressive as it does not have regard for his well-being.
“The applicant showed his ID card, his MD confirmed his employment. The letter dated 9th April, 2018 and the one dated 12 August, 2020 from the CBN relates to his employment. His bank statement shows regular salary payment. All the above are relevant evidence regarding his employment. The respondent’s decision that he was not employed, or that false information was used in obtaining his visa, is wrong.

“By reason of the matters aforesaid, the applicant was unlawfully detained and deprived of his liberty for 10 days at Immigration Detention Centre (Colynbrook) from the date of his arrival, 14th March 2021 up to the date of his removal i.e. 24 March, 2021.

“The respondent has acted in a way that is incompatible with the applicant’s rights under the European Convention on Human Rights, contrary to Section 6(1) as a public authority carrying out Immigration Control.”

Describing the experience as the worst in his life, Opebiyi, in the court papers, said, “I was humiliated and distressed about the whole matter. A week after returning to Nigeria I could not go to work as I was mentally unstable. I have never stayed in detention in my life. The whole experience is affecting me psychologically till now. Anytime I hear detention or see anything about the UK, I cringe. I lost my savings on a fruitless journey to the UK. I am a victim of injustice.”

The applicant, through his lawyer, said he was entitled to a claim of between £5,000 and £20,000, with interest.

He explained that he lost a total of £1,593.00 from the cost of flight ticket, taxi fare to the airport in Nigeria, Administrative Review fees that he paid in the UK and the legal fees he paid to the lawyer who processed the Administrative Review for him.

“The claimant is entitled to interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 on any sums due to him at such rate as the court shall think fit,” the lawyer said.

https://punchng.com/nigerian-sues-uk-for-denying-him-entry-after-landing-at-manchester-airport/?amp

I hope it's 100 billion pounds
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2021
advanceDNA:

The website exist naaa...and it doesn’t look Too bad
You clearly know nothing about professional design... No bank can have their website designed like that trash I see there... Look at their pictures poorly done.

Like I said, if u know anything about web design then clearly u will understand this website can never get you into any country grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ayoade2: 7:54am On Aug 15, 2021
That is his problem to his company not immigration. A simple call to the company would have confirmed if he is a staff or not.

NOC1:

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Druss(m): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2021
If I were head of the company he worked for - I would demote or fire him. He was the head of Operations!! He doesn't know those information about the company. Those are red flags!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by advanceDNA: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikem11:

You clearly know nothing about professional design... No bank can have their website designed like that trash I see there... Look at their pictures poorly done.

Like I said, if u know anything about web design then clearly u will understand this website can never get you into any country grin

Do u realize it’s a micro finance bank?? What exactly is the portfolio of micro finance bank that you are expecting a world class web design..
Dude...u can be condescending all u want...I don’t have to be a web developer to know what to expect from a low class micro finances bank .....some of them don’t even have a website..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by 9jaRealist: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2021
Newboss:

What are you even saying? So he should start cramming names and core values instead of focusing on his job? Some people are not good with names. I went through university without knowing any lecturer's full name. I just know say the name na John. I have worked in many places without knowing the oga's full name. Those guys were looking for anything to use to cast him. People even have issues remembering names. These are real things any adult can relate with. Let's stop all these hypocritical attitude.

Only a fraudulent ‘officer’ would need to “cram” the names of the principal officers of his employer…
And being a distracted adolescent student is nowhere near analogous to being Head of Operations of a company. grin

You think the Head of Operations is the company’s gateman?
It’s a positions that’s lies at the very heart of the internal functioning (operations) of the company. Focus ko, locust nI!
>

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2021
Nothings more painful than than being denied entry after landing in a foreign country. Happened to a friend of mine in the US.

Imagine 16 hours of flying only to be turned back at the airport over there and put on another 16 hour flight back home. The guy nyash don nearly red by the time he landed back in Lagos.

Like if you’re going to do that just deny me the visa here so I don’t go through that kind of stress.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2021
Mitishi:
And the funniest thing is that he might win the case. The British court are not that bias, the onus of the case rest on his lawyer but they should not bring racism issues up at all but fundamental human right issues.

Win what case? He will get fine for dragging the immigration officer to court with this kind of useless scam he did.

I first decided to look into that website to understand why the immigration man first asked him questions concerning the website then I realised... The dude and the agent he went through is just an idiots. What a disgrace

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2021
advanceDNA:

Do u realize it’s a micro finance bank?? What exactly is the portfolio of micro finance bank that you are expecting a world class web design..
Dude...u can be condescending all u want...I don’t have to be a web developer to know what to expect from a low class micro finances bank .....some of them don’t even have a website..

I won't argue with you my brother. Like I said, only if you know. Just take my advice that the dude did scam and its a cheap scam he did

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by ceejay80s(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2021
UK is oveeated, there's nothing there, the place is only developed and that's it, no job for black men, who goes to uk now except Yoruba's, if I can't get a visa to Germany, USA , Sweden, denmark, Austria,Switzerland, Australia, I go Sidon here with buhari for naija
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by 9jaRealist: 8:04am On Aug 15, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Nothings more painful than than being denied entry after landing in a foreign country. Happened to a friend of mine in the US.

Imagine 16 hours of flying only to be turned back at the airport over there and put on another 16 hour flight back home. The guy nyash don nearly red by the time he landed back in Lagos.

Like if you’re going to do that just deny me the visa here so I don’t go through that kind of stress.

Nigerian immigration does the same regularly. Before I got my Nigerian passport, I was nearly denied entry once because the immigration officer claimed I did not have enough dollars for the 10 days I planned to spend in Lagos.
>

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2021
9jaRealist:

Only a fraudulent ‘officer’ would need to “cram” the names of the principal officers of his employer…
And being a distracted adolescent student is nowhere near analogous to being Head of Operations of a company. grin

You think the Head of Operations is the company’s gateman?
It’s a positions that’s lies at the very heart of the internal functioning (operations) of the company. Focus ko, locust nI!
>

Seriously. You can work in an organization for years and never really get around to know the full names of your colleagues. Especially if you don’t really establish a personal relationship with them and just keep it strictly formal, focusing on your job.

You might know a few surnames floating around in your head because of emails and all but it’s very possible to totally blank out if someone randomly asks you off duty to put a face on each name or their exact position in the company.
Re: Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport by Ikem11(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2021
Skyview01:

He has a good case. A lot of genuine visa denials would have been overturned if challenged in the courts. It's just expensive to get a foreign lawyer.

Let me tell you the problem with many Nigerians. U buy things without reading terms and conditions because you are lazy.

And when they painting the pictures to your face u will still be arguing and that's why most countries don't value Nigerians anymore.

Any immigration officer at a point of entry can deny anyone who isn't a diplomat entry if he/she feels any doubt. That is the law of any country immigration and u can never contest that in the court of law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl Hit By A Speeding Vehicle Escapes Death. Photos / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) / Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.