Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? (42333 Views)

Is It Okay To Date An Ex-girlfriend’s Friend? / Would you date an atheist? / My 30-Year-Old Brother Wants To Marry A 43-Year-Old Woman & I'm Not Endorsing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
SimplyFacts:
To me, it's not right. It feels like taking advantage of a minor. She can't know what exactly she wants in a r/shp at that age.
That is why most of them even date them
I see such men as sick people angry
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by VULCAN(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
The irony of some people's response is that that their mum, grandmum or great grandmum was less than 18 when she was handed over to her husband or fell pregnant yet they are here condemning an act that brought either themselves, their parent or grandparent to life.

Life is interesting. grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by dingbang(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
They will need money like crazy.. Just be willing to spend and give gifts. Their problem is just money and gifts. If you dey carry mindset say you no wan spend, you no go enjoy the rship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Toks2008:

Very ok

Just make sure you point her in the right direction.

Just 12years gap.

The funny twist is that an 18 year old lady who sees a 30 year old guy as too old will see a 55year old man as very OK if she is still single at 37...

What could be responsible for the change in mindset?.... MATURITY

Age is nothing but a mere number.

BTW, are you still a Moderator on Nairaland?
It isn't the same thing.A 37 year old cannot be compared to an 18 year that is just starting life.

Age may be just a number but an 18 year old cannot be compared to a 37 year old it just doesn't make any sense.I personally am not comfortable with dating someone who is a decade or more older in any age it just doesn't sit right with me

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
zexy2030:
Nothing wrong, but after a while the generation gap will influence the relationship..just 10yrs into the marriage...your communications might begin to differ and relationship may start looking bored to her.

So, if u don't mind to be like a mate to her then never you mention your age difference during argument.

As a man what u deserve and cherish is respect and honour from your woman.

After sex honor may diminish, don't take it personal.

A woman will only respect her mentor turned husband even if she was married at 17.
True

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
cococandy:
It’s literally in the name. Teen! Teenager!

Thirteen to nineteen are teenagers.

Yes the official age of childhood ends at 18. It doesn’t mean they are technically adults. There’s the actual phase known as adolescence where teenagers transition to actual adults. And late adolescence does extend all the way to 21 years of age which is when the vital and cognitive parts of brain are believed to complete the most growth necessary to be a mature functioning adult. Even if legal age tells you 16 is okay fvck, as an adult, maybe have some common sense and know that someone who is not very mentally mature is in a disadvantaged position if they go into a relationship with someone way older than them.

Following your logic, since there’s no difference between a 16 year old and 18 year old, and of course since there’s little difference between 14 year old and 16 year old
maybe 14 year old and 18 year old should be regarded as the same right? How about a 13 and 18yr old? Where do you draw the line?

I can’t believe any of you needs education on this.
You all know the right thing but prefer to go for children that you can easily manipulate since the more mature ladies can see through y’all’s bullshiet

This is becoming a tired conversation.

All pedophiles should own their perversion and get put away where they belong instead of these useless drawn out conversations that convinces nobody.

Gbam,such kind of relationship shouldn't be encouraged an 18 year old is just starting life and shouldn't even be considering relationships.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Nimro125: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

That is why most of them even date them
I see such men as sick people angry
Hmm lol
She is already of age now
Nd its her choice
Just 12 years different
How old was Omotola jalede when she married
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by zinizta: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
lalasticlala:
What do you think about a 30-year-old man dating an 18-year-old girl?

E nor easy but it is possible

You have to be very very very very mature and principled to get any good thing out of this
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
VlamesIffect:
Not for anything serious. YES.
You'll get good creamy tight pucci. Still soft & young.

Imagine buying a tear rubber GLK, the interior that's how it is.
Look at you
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by cococandy(f): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Gbam,such kind of relationship shouldn't be encouraged an 18 year old is just starting life and shouldn't even be considering relationships.
Thank you!
Personally I don’t mind age gaps in relationships but ideally none of them should have “teen” in their title when that age gap is there.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nimro125:

Hmm lol
She is already of age now
Nd its her choice
Just 12 years different
How old was Omotola jalede when she married

I don't know how old Omotola was and I don't care to know or use her as a standard.

An 18 year old has no business dating and even if they do they should date within their age range and not advanced people who want to take advantage of them.Same people will say age isn't maturity but will still say an 18 year old is of age like as if all 18 year olds are sensible and know what is right.
An 18 year old in Nigeria is still under his/her parents and no child of mine can date or even date a man of that age in my house,what stupid choice is she making does she feed herself angry.

I will not use Omotola as a standard because many people who were in that same shoes some of them are regretting it today and which they experienced life more

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nothing bad jor.......Try work for hotel once and you go surprise to see the rate at which our papa mates take dey wear these young young girls without mercy...

E no dey surprise me again cha,I mean when I see a 18 years old girl to refer to my father mate as baby lipsrsealed. Infact,I jus dey conclude say he don dey chew her pot of beans tongue

Las las,age na just number.....But na only money fit count that number without a bit of stress..
Haha pot of beans
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by criuze(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
When she call you daddy no reason nam romantic
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Walex124(m): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
VlamesIffect:

lolz funny you sha
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Bombolistic: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
If you're the one, let us know so that we will know the antidote to apply to your case
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by amrichy(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
Romanoff:
If a man pegs the respect his woman gives to him on how many years older than her he is, he is showing he has nothing else to offer her to get that respect asides age.

It's the reason some men claim they can't marry a woman that is older than them.

A woman should respect you regardless of your age.

My thoughts sha.
On what basis(es) do you think most women would respect their husbands aside age? To paraphrase the question, what qualities generally make wives to respect their husbands in your opinion?
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by bitingcool: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

That is like 12 years
Can you tolerate her chidish attitude...

Although all females behave like babies..whether young or old...

But this 18 year old will be worse

Anyway....let me grab my weed while I read comments
Apart from banging pussy, smoking weed, drinking alcohol and bombing....a real niggarrr should always seek for knowledge especially on issues that seems to be above or rather beyond his comprehension

I dig this guy
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Walex124(m): 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
lalasticlala:
well, it's legal "but her level of understanding is the major concerns, you must be ready to tolerate her chidish attitude.
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Blacksavage: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
Its wrong she just turned adult
How na?
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
There is nothing wrong there, so long the intentions are genuine. People looking for 'maturity' with torchlight, there are much older people who are absolutely irresponsible and can't even tie down a job/relationship or marriage.
We've seen graduates of 19 so..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
VlamesIffect:

Bring ya head...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
lalasticlala:

JAMB Question wey dey bust brain grin
Let us put it into perspective shall we

(A) 53-year old man marrying a 6-year old girl with a difference of 47 years (the Great Prophet PBUH)
(B) 30-year old man marrying an 18-year old girl with a difference of 12 years (@lalasticlala)
(C) 47-year old man marrying an 18-year old girl with a difference of 29 years (PMB)
(D) 20-year old man marrying an 18-year old girl with a difference of 3 years (Joseph de Karpenter)

There is no hard and fast rule but there is a template you can use as a guide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by akdjr(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
Very right. In fact you will thank me later if you go ahead to marry the girl. Marrying such girl will create a more friendly, harmonious, loving marriage between you and her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
VULCAN:
The irony of some people's response is that that their mum, grandmum or great grandmum was less than 18 when she was handed over to her husband or fell pregnant yet they are here condemning an act that brought either themselves, their parent or grandparent to life.

Life is interesting. grin

different times - different rules grin
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
akdjr:
Very right. In fact you will thank me later if you go ahead to marry the girl. Marrying such girl will create a more friendly, harmonious, loving marriage between you and her.

Maybe so but definitely not the popular outcome

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by showboy25(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Honestly! The person is a sensible person I like he's comment. Some people would say= age is just a number; to me o, age is not just a number but is adding more enlighten to human races. If you want to dates or marry someone, pleasee do it with your same generation the problem would less compare to new generation people. Yes!
raphy:

This one make sense I like good vibes
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by TheExclusive: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
There will be issues in the marriage.
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by notoriousbabe: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Prophet Mohammed dated and married those that were more younger than that grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Even if you are 100 years old as a man, it is best to limit your date to 18 to 20yrs olds.

From 21 they turn slay and kwarrupt grin

The Northern Talibans will agree
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Fortez: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? by Parisian: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
There is no 16 year old girl who even sees a 45 to 50 year old man as attractive wether he has money or not so stop lying to yourself and blaming everything on women . A 16 year old is a minor so if you have any sense you should be blaming the shameless old men trying to fvck their daughters agemates.
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Hmmmm. Morally not right but things are upside downs. Our girls have thrown moral values to the dogs. 16 years old sef now dey date 45 to 50 years old man and if you dare try to advise them against it, they will tell you, can you carry their responsibilities and some will call it hustles. Imagine, what kind of responsibilities is a 16 years old having? If not for their attitude of non contentment! Let's brace up for the worst is yet to cone with these girls with their cravings for materials things in exchange for their pussies and let's not try to put the blame on these men. Most times, these girls looks older than their age. You might want have gone several rounds, several days before you get to find out. I fear for the future of these girls as it looks like the future doesn't looks FEMALE at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Want To Call Your Lover & Your Phone Is Dead... / I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) / Colourful Igbo Traditional Wedding In Canada: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.