Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? (3174 Views)

Is This Body Count Too Much For A 35 years Old Lady? / What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
With respect to a topic in the front page about a 30 years old man and an 18 years old getting married.
From the responses I come to think what made made some people view it wrong seems to be the fact that the girl is 18 years and not yet through with are education.
So it make me along with others think, is it right for an 23years old to marry a 35 years old man?

Mynd44, lalasticlala,
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Na you one marry?
Tell us why you're asking and you will get your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
12 yrs difference. What's the big deal about that
He will just be like an older brother to her.
Abi do you think majority of guys getting married are marrying their age mates?

10 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by fati2001(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
I think that marriages with huge age differences are doomed to fail because of the generational differences, cultural disparity and the needs of each person during their respective biological age.

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by socialmediaman: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Our older parents and their grandparents had such age difference and it worked for them. There is nothing wrong with it but our society today prefers couples to love each other before getting married, and that’s more common among people who are closer in age

2 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by chatinent: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
I have nothing against it if both of them are mentally, physically, financially, and spiritually mature.

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by house10s: 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
fati2001:
I think that marriages with huge age differences are doomed to fail because of the generational differences, cultural disparity and the needs of each person during their respective biological age.
yawn
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Martinez39s(m): 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Jerryherd: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
cool

Anyone after the maturity age of 18 can love and marry anyone from 18 to 100 as long as happiness is guaranteed

The truth is marrying someone atleast five to ten years bellow your age is fun, because you understand them better than they do understand themselves

3 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Ishilove: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
I almost married a man 18 years my senior but it didn't work out because he was in a completely different generation. There were times I just sat down and wished he was not always so serious and mature. 12 years, on the other hand is not bad because you are basically going to be her mentor.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
It is morally right as long as both of them consent to it. What about Regina Daniel and Ned Nwoko that is probably more than 40 years difference bit in this world a long as you are rich, anything you do is right
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
This your question is very unintelligent to say the least. angry

5 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ask Ned n Regina

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Tobichuks08: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ishilove:
I almost married a man 18 years my senior but it didn't work out because he was in a completely different generation. There were times I just sat down and wished he was not always so serious and mature. 12 years, on the other hand is not bad because you are basically going to be her mentor.
wait u mean 18 years gap prick don do you wonders before ?
Lol grin just joking

5 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by CheedyJ(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Una go just dey ask stewpid questions, na wa o

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 18, 2021
This is a different case. A 23-year-old girl can make decisions for herself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Alaigbopress: 12:44am On Aug 18, 2021
Last lat age is just a number and may not necessarily means signs of maturity. So it is about the individual and not his or her age
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Dabronze(m): 4:01am On Aug 18, 2021
If not because of civilzation that the best age to marry a woman which is in her prime yrs that that is good fertilty but a girl of that age will be preparing for admmision to tertiary institution of which by that tyme she will be graduating at the age of 24-26 by then she as expose to many things different type of boyfriends with many sexcapede experience rarely will such a woman make good wife.

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by DonroxyII: 4:23am On Aug 18, 2021
Mathscum:
With respect to a topic in the front page about a 30 years old man and an 18 years old getting married.
From the responses I come to think what made made some people view it wrong seems to be the fact that the girl is 18 years and not yet through with are education.
So it make me along with others think, is it right for an 23years old to marry a 35 years old man?

Mynd44, lalasticlala,
It is right if you will provide her with education, mentorship and maturity .... Women tend learn faster than we male because they have more neurons in their brain ..... but we men tend to be more matured than women because we have larger brain

Conversely 18yo is not yet matured enough to understand the rigorisity of marriage therefore compared to a girl in 20s that's completed a University possibly Masters etc ...

So it's all about management!!
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by DonroxyII: 4:26am On Aug 18, 2021
Alaigbopress:
Last lat age is just a number and may not necessarily means signs of maturity. So it is about the individual and not his or her age
age is not just a number ... The more you age the more you should be shaped in experience and processing skills and speed though determined by environment and conditions/situations .....

Age comes with maturity ceteris paribus ....

Don't tell me you ain't better now than 10years ago !!
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by DonroxyII: 4:27am On Aug 18, 2021
Dabronze:
If not because of civilzation that the best age to marry a woman which is in her prime yrs that that is good fertilty but a girl of that age will be preparing for admmision to tertiary institution of which by that tyme she will be graduating at the age of 24-26 by then she as expose to many things different type of boyfriends with many sexcapede experience rarely will such a woman make good wife.
It's better for a girl to be atleast a graduate first before getting married.... She must be a Graduate!!
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Habib101: 4:35am On Aug 18, 2021
Is not ok the age Gap is much atleast 7 years diff is ok
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by nokspos: 5:51am On Aug 18, 2021
Nigerians don't do research. Your questions is just a norm, 35 has been marrying even 21 since 1900, all my 4 siblings married at the age of 22-25, and none of their husbands are less than 34years old. Coz that's the age most men are financially ready in Nigeria. This happens 95% of the times any marriage holds in Nigeria. Coz 35 is not old and 23 is not young.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by phemmyfour: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Mathscum:

Mynd44, lalasticlala,
Age is just a number..... agreement in love is the key to successful marriage
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by bodybuilder: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2021
It's a normal thing.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Gaddafih001(m): 8:26am On Aug 18, 2021
Mathscum:

Mynd44, lalasticlala,
This is what it’s supposed to be.
Mary your mate and bend.
Your mate will get older than you starting from your 50’s but this younger one will be normal.
At least you have someone that will still help you in your old age and not someone that is already looking like an ancestor before you.
Remember that men are like wine.
The older, the better..
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Snitch24(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2021
Personally I don't see anything bad
In a man getting married to a younger partner
As far as she's 18 or above
And there's enough money on ground
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that

And if you are against this comment
You need to get your brain examined
Thank you...
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Iamagoodgirll: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
This is a different case to that of 18years, 23years old is more matured and can make a good decision than 18years. For me there's nothing wrong about it,
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by Dabronze(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2021
DonroxyII:
It's better for a girl to be atleast a graduate first before getting married.... She must be a Graduate!!
Being Graduate equate good wife ,.,,,,....,.,,. abi No Wahala!
Those that get married before the colonization that brought religion and education those women that are uneducted are the bad wife is that wot u are tryin to say.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A 35 Years Old Man To Marry A 23 Years Of Girl? by poshestmina(f): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
nokspos:
Nigerians don't do research. Your questions is just a norm, 35 has been marrying even 21 since 1900, all my 4 siblings married at the age of 22-25, and none of their husbands are less than 34years old. Coz that's the age most men are financially ready in Nigeria. This happens 95% of the times any marriage holds in Nigeria. Coz 35 is not old and 23 is not young.

Hello.
Good evening. I can't access my Pm. Hope all is well ?

(1) (Reply)

Could I Be In Love With Two Men? / Why Women Test Men They Are Dating! / Black And White!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.