Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (21620 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2021
Sergio101:

You now know igbos more than the igbo people themselves?? lol.

Now Mr know-all please tell me where I belong. I don't seem to get it clear. Am from Agulu in Anambra State ( anaocha)
if you are from anambra, then you are the real Eboe
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2021
Liebermantic:

This shows you're not Igbo and don't understand IGBO..
All Igbo-speaking groups have a central language Which they use to communicate with other Igbo-speaking groups..They don't learn it anywhere..It is innate . Unlike Yenagoa and Ogbia where the language is totally different..
No Igbo man doesn't understand Central Igbo from Opobo up to Igbanke in Rivers State
keep quiet clown...
go and deceive small children not me....

understand kil u dea...

i had some igbo friends back primary school in lagos....one from ezza and another from orlu while others from anambra..... I teach them Ijaw and they teach me Igbo......but one thing i that surprised me was how ezza and and orlu cant understand each other but was giving me confused different meanings......

But when i came back to delta state is when i noticed that Igbo is a politically made tribe, because onitsha language tell me lots....
But 2016 two of my Igbo friends told me the differences of igbo.....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by caleboxylic: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
keep quiet clown...
go and deceive small children not me....

understand kil u dea...

i had some igbo friends back primary school in lagos....one from ezza and another from orlu while others from anambra..... I teach them Ijaw and they teach me Igbo......but one thing i that surprised me was how ezza and and orlu cant understand each other but was giving me confused different meanings......

But when i came back to delta state is when i noticed that Igbo is a politically made tribe, because onitsha language tell me lots....
But 2016 two of my Igbo friends told me the differences of igbo.....

You know nothing with regards to Igbo language. There is an inherent Igbo that we all speak and understand.
As I told you earlier,Wawa is a dialect and a clan. In Wawa,we have what we call Igbo-odo and Igbo-omaba .
I will stop here for now because I'm very sure this is your first time of hearing about Igbo-odo and Igbo-omaba.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2021
caleboxylic:

You know nothing with regards to Igbo language. There is an inherent Igbo that we all speak and understand.
As I told you earlier,Wawa is a dialect and a clan. In Wawa,we have what we call Igbo-odo and Igbo-omaba .
I will stop here for now because I'm very sure this is your first time of hearing about Igbo-odo and Igbo-omaba.
mumu..waawa is a different ethnicity from ezza and onitsha, egbema, orlu etc....
those ethnicities only come together to formed what by today known as igbo....
this falacy of igbo is an ethnicity must stop now.... a truth cannot be hidden forever.....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Sergio101(m): 10:26am On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
if you are from anambra, then you are the real Eboe
I have heard you. ijo man, there's nothing like real Igbo or fake Igbo okay!!.
you said you are from Delta State on the other thread. maybe you are fake ijo nah, going by your assumption. True ijo are bayelsan.

LMAO.......... fake ijo man cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by caleboxylic: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
mumu..waawa is a different ethnicity from ezza and onitsha, egbema, orlu etc....
those ethnicities only come together to formed what by today known as igbo....
this falacy of igbo is an ethnicity must stop now.... a truth cannot be hidden forever.....

You need to go back to basics.
Do you know the meaning of Wawa ? Learn it here that Wawa is dialect and people that speak that are refered to as Wawa group. They are the Igbo (northern Igbo) found in Enugu north senatorial district including isi-uzo and parts of udi, umuezekoha and Ezza people in benue and Abakiliki people.
We are not confused like your people that don't understand each other. Ogbia man doesn't understand southern Ijaw man and vice versa. Even the ubani(ndoki land) you inconsequential minorities with only a state is trying to claim speak Igbo and communicate with other Igbo clans with ease.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2021
caleboxylic:

You need to go back to basics.
Do you know the meaning of Wawa ? Learn it here that Wawa is dialect and people that speak that are refered to as Wawa group. They are the Igbo (northern Igbo) found in Enugu north senatorial district including isi-uzo and parts of udi, umuezekoha and Ezza people in benue and Abakiliki people.
We are not confused like your people that don't understand each other. Ogbia man doesn't understand southern Ijaw man and vice versa. Even the ubani(ndoki land) you inconsequential minorities with only a state is trying to claim speak Igbo and communicate with other Igbo clans with ease.
what kind of dumb person is this?
am telling you that 12 languages that formed the igbo dont understand one another and you are typin jargons...
you dont even know anything about igbo..... how on earth could a wawa man understand with onitsha man or ezza man? if dont know please go asked your elders...
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 10:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Sergio101:

I have heard you. ijo man, there's nothing like real Igbo or fake Igbo okay!!.
you said you are from Delta State on the other thread. maybe you are fake ijo nah, going by your assumption. True ijo are bayelsan.

LMAO.......... fake ijo man cheesy
mumu. anambras are the real Iboes..... what kind of ignorant and dumb igbo youths am engaging this morning sef?
i guess, they have taken overdozed again in cocaine this morning....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Sergio101(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
mumu. anambras are the real Iboes..... what kind of ignorant and dumb igbo youths am engaging this morning sef?

I said I heard you nah. fake ijo man!!!
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by caleboxylic: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
am telling you that 12 languages that formed the igbo dont understand one another and you are typin jargons...
you dont even know anything about igbo..... how on earth could a wawa man understand with onitsha man or ezza man? if dont know please go asked your elders...

You are ignorant and it's a pity. How on earth will nsukka man not understand Ezza and Abakiliki when they speak? Where are you from?

How on earth will Enugu man not understand Onicha when they speak? What is wrong with your brain formation? Do we look confused like you descendants from Ghana,Liberia and sierra lone?

So, if I meet an Igbo man from ndoki ,egbema ,aniocha , oshimili and even ogba ,I won't understand when they speak or what or we can't communicate or what? We are not like your people that don't communicate easily.

Yes we have dialects but every Igbo man communicates with other Igbo man irrespective of his/her clan unlike you people that are cut and join.

We are one people , united in language and culture. You rat can't do anything about it.
We are the great Igbo people of the great Igbo nation. Go kill yourself
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
caleboxylic:

You are ignorant and it's a pity. How on earth will nsukka man not understand Ezza and Abakiliki when they speak? Where are you from?

How on earth will Enugu man not understand Onicha when they speak? What is wrong with your brain formation? Do we look confused like you descendants from Ghana,Liberia and sierra lone?

So, if I meet an Igbo man from ndoki ,egbema ,aniocha , oshimili and even ogba ,I won't understand when they speak or what or we can't communicate or what? We are not like your people that don't communicate easily.

Yes we have dialects but every Igbo man communicates with other Igbo man irrespective of his/her clan unlike you people that are cut and join.

We are one people , united in language and culture. You rat can't do anything about it.
mumu..you know nothing concerning Igbo...get out..mugu..am telling you truth about Igbo and you still cant reason along the line....
Igbo is a politically created ethnicity...mumu
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Allen102:
Mr man i am from Okrika and Okrika people are ijaws! You can't tell me where i belong. Okrika people never cry for anything go and read about history,Okrika people have it good under ijaw rule infact, it was under ijaw rule that an Okrika son Ada George was made governor of Rivers state.If we are crying, it is because of ikwerres and the uplanders which you igbos have support for 22 years to oppress us. sad
Talking of indigenous and non indigenous people, there are non- igbos who are indigenous to Abia, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu states so what's your point? undecided
hope that mumu eastlink come and see this and wake
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Sergio101:

Allen102. Am waiting for your answer please
obomotu is an Ijaw word.... but that igwecha nonsense is not Ijaw...it looks like Igbo word...
even an aboki will know that obomotu is an Ijaw word....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Sergio101(m): 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
obomotu is an Ijaw word.... but that igwecha nonsense is not Ijaw...it looks like Igbo word...
even an aboki will know that obomotu is an Ijaw word....
pure lie my brother.
obumotu is an Igbo word " abum otu" meaning "we are one". Then when there was disagreement between the people of the Land, they changed the name to "obuhaotu" or "abuhi otu"......... meaning "we are not one".
Now pray tell me what it means in ijaw?? am waiting
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
Graysons:
I hope that Eastlink clown is reading this grin
Even before Tonye aka Allen made his comment, I’ve already told the thread that Ada George becoming Governor and the abandoned property to which Okrika and Ikwerre shared are the things Okrika benefitted from Ijo. I didn't really go deep until now that you mentioned Tonye’s comment. However, in that benefit brought bad division among the Okrika caused by the Ijos.

Okrika for one is a multi-cultural and multi-lingual tribe of Igbo and Ijo but united by the Ogan Kingship. And Ogan themselves are Igbo originated just like Amakiri. However, Okrika population was swelled by Ijos.

Now Okrika had no business being dragged by Ijos into both her powergrab and landgrab shenanigans during and after the civil war. But they finally became the group Ijo used to claim part-ownership of Port Harcourt and domination of old Rivers politics.

Aside from benetting the most from Ijo rulership, it was also in Okrikaland Ijo cemented their headquarters, but it was altered as Isaac Boro died in Ogu Bolo in the hands of Black Scopion, leaving that mandate to young Diette-Spiff to handle.

So aside from elevating Ada George as Governor, the following are the benefits of Ijo support on Okrika.

1. Introduction of cultism culture to Okrika land just as they elevated in Ikwerre. Dey Bam and Dey Well is a street cultist slang originating from Okrika.

2. Entrenchment of huge division and brother hating brother in Okrika land.

3. The Tuboniju and Kalonju caste that is tearing Okrika today was Ijo gift.

4. The chieftaincy crisis and betrayal syndrome in Okrika are another gifts from Ijo help.

5. Okrika land is notorious for blood spill by brothers against brothers. Infact people die more during election period in Okrika land than any time.

6. The hatred by Okrikans on Kalabari is still Ijo gift. Although Kalabari had always had a penchant to subdue her neighbours in olden days time all for trade monopoly, the modern era renewed that rivalry as Ijo backed Okrika over Kalabari due to the later’s pro-Igbo support during the NCNC eastern region days. Kalabari was even against Isaac Boro and Biriye’a NDC but faced much hostilities from the two group when the federal troops conquered their land. That's why an Okrika man will rather die than support Kalabari for Governor or even those from Bonny. Their attitude of only us in the Riverine must be Governor have made them to consistently sell the rights of the Riverine communities to the Ikwerre.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by caleboxylic: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
mumu..you know nothing concerning Igbo...get out..mugu..am telling you truth about Igbo and you still cant reason along the line....
Igbo is a politically created ethnicity...mumu

You are a big fool for refusing to learn. Who are you to tell me about Igbo?

You should concentrate on unifying your confused descendants with a language . We are not confused like you people that were port security officers from Ghana and sierra lone.

Igbo matter will choke you. Stop feeling inferior .

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
caleboxylic:

You are a big fool for refusing to learn. Who are you to tell me about Igbo?

You should concentrate on unifying your confused descendants with a language . We are not confused like you people that were port security officers from Ghana and sierra lone.

Igbo matter will choke you. Stop feeling inferior .
mumu..feeling inferior to what? igbo?... igbo that is a conglomemoration of multiple ethnicities.....

today you people are angry because ikwere and anioma rejected such conglomemoration....

imagine igbo with different cultures and languages......

confused race on earth....
anambras are the real iboe...
see why anambrans are totally different from the rest even concerning the biafra issue...
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2021
Sergio101:

pure lie my brother.
obumotu is an Igbo word " abum otu" meaning "we are one". Then when there was disagreement between the people of the Land, they changed the name to "obuhaotu" or "abuhi otu"......... meaning "we are not one".
Now pray tell me what it means in ijaw?? am waiting
abumatu is different from obomotu.... stop twisting fact to suit your claim.....

OBOM-OTU
you must have heard one song in timaya first album...bayelsa "otu".... thats to tell you that the word otu is very important Ijaw daily speaking....

OTU means people in Ijaw generally....

OBO'M mean market in my delta dialect...

though okrika may have different meaning to the word obom.....
so in my dialect obom-otu means market people.....

another definition for obomotu is obo-otu.... otu normally mean people in every Ijaw dialect....
if me can used my western dialect to interpret it, then eastern Ijaws will do it better than i...
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by oyatz(m): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
Liebermantic:

Many Ibibio-Annang groups supported BIAFRA because of Ethnic and Cultural similarities shared between Igbo and Ibibio.
I want you to know this now, Opobo and Bonny will be subject to international court for determination of the true owners of the place according to written History of both towns..We are waiting for the disintegration of Nigeria along Ethnic lines or restructuring along Ethnicity

When do you think that Nigeria will disintegrate and this will be along ethnic lines?
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
mumu..feeling inferior to what? igbo?... igbo that is a conglomemoration of multiple ethnicities.....

today you people are angry because ikwere and anioma rejected such conglomemoration....

see why anambrans are totally different from the rest even concerning the biafra issue...
Conglomeration?
Lol. Conglomeration with similar Language, culture and customs.
A special conglomeration unlike you Ashanti people faking relationships with one of the conglomerate.
No go find your square root in Ghana and Sierra Leone
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:

Conglomeration?
Lol. Conglomeration with similar Language, culture and customs.
A special conglomeration unlike you Ashanti people faking relationships with one of the conglomerate.
No go find your square root in Ghana and Sierra Leone
while you people should find your root back to cameroon congo and haiti... these are the countries you migrated from to here disturbing people...

I dont know why God directed igbo to southern side, they should been in the north with their fulani brothers....then bring hausa people to this south....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
abumatu is different from obomotu.... stop twisting fact to suit your claim.....

OBOM-OTU
you must have heard one song in timaya first album...bayelsa "otu".... thats to tell you that the word otu is very important Ijaw daily speaking....

OTU means people in Ijaw generally....

OBO'M mean market in my delta dialect...

though okrika may have different meaning to the word obom.....
so in my dialect obom-otu means market people.....

another definition for obomotu is obo-otu.... otu normally mean people in every Ijaw dialect....
if me can used my western dialect to interpret it, then eastern Ijaws will do it better than i...
Otu Ijaw? Hold my beer. Timaya’s Odi if we look at his language is not even Ijo. Otu is Igbo and its spoken in northern Bayelsa its due to centuries of cultural relations with Igbos there. Either by links with Oru who lived in that axis or other Igbotic tribes like Ekpeye or Aboh.

The Otu in Okrika is Igbo just as you find it in Ilwerre.

Below is the true Ijaw word for one.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
while you people should find your root back to cameroon congo and haiti... these are the countries you migrated from to here disturbing people...

I dont know why God directed igbo to southern side, they should been in the north with their fulani brothers....then bring hausa people to this south....
LOL. No doubt we relate to the Ekoi that is also in Cameroon. Infact they were part of the confederacy. But who do you relate to my dear Ashanti man?
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Eastlink:
Otu Ijaw? Hold my beer. Timaya’s Odi if we look at his language is not even Ijo. Otu is Igbo and its spoken in northern Bayelsa its due to centuries of cultural relations with Igbos there. Either by links with Oru who lived in that axis or other Igbotic tribes like Ekpeye or Aboh.

The Otu in Okrika is Igbo just as you find it in Ilwerre.

Below is the true Ijaw word for one.
u b mumu..... bayelsa otu mean bayelsa people...
delta otu mean delta people.... otu is Ijaw word for people...

timaya said bayelsa otu woba sisi sukumoghe meaning bayelse people abeg make we nor fight again....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:

LOL. No doubt we relate to the Ekoi that is also in Cameroon. Infact they were part of the confederacy. But who do you relate to my dear Ashanti man?
Ijaws migrated from nile valley because we are fishermen...... but where does igbos migrated from?...haiti, i think or from fake jew..
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Ngorbungor(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:

Why are you disgracing yourself to the whole world, you think you are making sense? Please can you tell us how many igbo clans are in Anambra and what makes Anambra the real Igbo?
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws migrated from nile valley because we are fishermen...... but where does igbos migrated from?...haiti, i think or from fake jew..
You people did not migrate from anywhere. You were brought here by the British to guard ports. If you think otherwise, show me anything showing proof that you people have been here for the past 300 years at least?

As for us, we are called Ndị gboo (Ancient people) for a reason. Later shortened to Igbo, that's why we don't make mistake in referring to ourselves as Ndigbo (ancient people). Even Ooni of Ife confirmed it. We are the owners of everything here. That's why we have one of the oldest artifacts in not just around Nigeria or West Africa but Africa and the world at large

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Liebermantic: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:
So a Wawa man can't communicate with Onitsha man in Igbo according to you, right?
Where are you getting this falsehood from?
Who told you all this lie?
I am an Igbo from Mgbede, Egbema in ONELGA, Rivers State and I communicate in Igbo with Ikwerre people of Elele, Etche people, Ika and Igbanke people and Owerri people..Who told you a Wawa person does not understand other Igbo-speaking groups?
Ndigbo have a central Igbo language which any Tribe in Igbo nation understands and communicate with..If I speak my Egbema dialect, an Onitsha man might find it hard to understand but both of us can communicate with central IGBO language..An Ikwerre man doesn't need to learn central IGBO in order to communicate with Igbo-speaking groups..
I had a girlfriend once in PH named Chiburoma, an Ikwerre gal.. Anytime she came to my house,we communicated with Igbo..All the Ikwerre,Ikay, Onitsha,Aro, Opobo, Bonny and Nsukka do not learn central Igbo language to be able to communicate with other groups of Igbo people.. Central Igbo language is ingrained in them

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Ngorbungor(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:

You people did not migrate from anywhere. You were brought here by the British to guard ports. If you think otherwise, show me anything showing proof that you people have been here for the past 300 years at least?

As for us, we are called Ndị gboo (Ancient people) for a reason. Later shortened to Igbo, that's why we don't make mistake in referring to ourselves as Ndigbo (ancient people). Even Ooni of Ife confirmed it. We are the owners of everything here. That's why we have one of the oldest artifacts in not just around Nigeria or West Africa but Africa and the world at large

Don't mind that poor swamp people, try so hard to make sense, well the only thing am sure of is when the time comes Atlantic Ocean will be there Abode if they try anything stu.pid in opobo and Bonny

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Liebermantic: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:

I want Nigeia to divide along Ethnic lines so we can take all Igbo territories with us..If Asimini feels he is not an Igbo in Bonny,he can relocate to Bayelsa to meet those ugly, darkest-skinned savages from Sudan Called Ijaw

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:

small boy oni of ife that has not even spend up to 70years on earth have to tell your existence...isn't that prove lots that the igbo race has not even spend up to 300 hundred years on earth?

small boy ife cannot testified to Ijaw existence as it is way to higher to his comprehension.... Thats it is Oduduwa that know Ijaw existences.... Uzo.... Ijaws are even brothers to Yoruba in ancient
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by caleboxylic: 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
Captain8:

You will develop heart attack because of Igbo.
Stop been intimidated with our success and gains.

We have just started,all you inconsequential minorities economy will be controlled by us and yorouba.
We have taken over the services and maintenance in oil and gas,. we have taken over the financial sectors and amongst others.

The only people we are in a healthy competition with is "yorouba" and not poor and wretched uneducated Ijaw people without history. Who is Ijaw and what is Ijaw? You are just a fisherman and ogogoro drinker . That's all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

NDLEA Vows To Continue Siege On Kashamu’s House / "Buhari Is The Owner Of Boko Haram" - FFK Reacts To Residents Hailing Boko Haram / We Will Deliver Second Niger Bridge As Contracted, Julius Berger Assures Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.