Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (21612 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2021
Eastlink:
That question should be asked to INC who drank too much ogogoro and decide to add an Igbo speaking group into the Ijaw umbrella. If that is not outright landgrabbing what else do we call it?
no...the question is for you that thinks Ndokis are not Ijaws......

Ndokis are pure Ijaws...... Egbemas of rivers are also Ijaws from bayelsa Egbema....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
RobbStark:

I am not interested in books a man wrote probably an Ibo influenced writer. Nonsense.

Have you come across a bonny man and he said he is Ibo ?? I mean any one of them.

Have you also come across an Opobo man and he opined that he is Ibo.

Pls continue with the delusion. It's fun to read
No Ubani son calls his homeland Bonny in the first place. Only kyrio and ashanti people the British dragged to our coasts to guard the port call it Bonny.
It is a shame that those people the British dragged down here now call themselves Ijaw, claiming Igbo, oru, Urhobo, Itsekiri and Bini lands

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Lol. Did ask you? Your interest in this matter gave you up as Ijaw, else you won't rush to pick sides when it doesn't concern you
they already know truth..... a truth cannot be hidden.....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Nothing like support the truth. What truth do you even know? If you know the truth then we can assume that Ajegunle, Olodi Apapa, Ondo south and Warri belongs to the Ijaws according to INC nationalist. We can also assume that Benin own Lagos according to Great Benin Descendants.

Before claiming to know the truth, ensure you look at the arguments of both sides before claiming Judge.
why spreading lies?

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

No Ubani son calls his homeland Bonny in the first place. Only kyrio and ashanti people the British dragged to our coasts to guard the port call it Bonny.
It is a shame that those people the British dragged down here now call themselves Ijaw, claiming Igbo, oru, Urhobo, Itsekiri and Bini lands
why wasting your efforts chasing after air? Ijaw is Ijaw......
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
why wasting your efforts chasing after air? Ijaw is Ijaw......
And how does Ijaw being Ijaw concern me or Ndigbo?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by RobbStark(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

Continue.
Why didn't you people have chiefs in those places or any tradition that depicts the iboness in those places.

Language alone can't be used to ascribe a people. The ivorians in Africa speak French does that make them french?

Until this world comes to an end, the bonny man n Opobo man are pure Ijaw people.
You can bring up any thing to suit your own knowledge it won't change anything.

Come to think of it, it's only in Nland that I hear this all the time.
Even main Ibo people that call Ibani people Ibo.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

And how does Ijaw being Ijaw concern me or Ndigbo?
but you the one saying Ndokis are Ijaw again na
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
but you the one saying Ndokis are Ijaw again na
Ndoki being Ijaw?
Which kind joke would that one be?
Is Ndoki not bigger than the entire Ijaw population and otherwise both home and abroad?
I won't argue such with you. Let's concentrate on one Ndoki village

12 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
no...the question is for you that thinks Ndokis are not Ijaws......

Ndokis are pure Ijaws...... Egbemas of rivers are also Ijaws from bayelsa Egbema....
If you have said that Ijaw are pure Ndoki, it would have made sense.
Can an ant give birth to an Elephant?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
RobbStark:

Continue.
Why didn't you people have chiefs in those places or any tradition that depicts the iboness in those places.

Language alone can't be used to ascribe a people. The ivorians in Africa speak French does that make them french?

Until this world comes to an end, the bonny man n Opobo man are pure Ijaw people.
You can bring up any thing to suit your own knowledge it won't change anything.

Come to think of it, it's only in Nland that I hear this all the time.
Even main Ibo people that call Ibani people Ibo.
There was nothing life chieftaincy there or any part of Igboland before 1846 with Oraifite getting their first warrant chief. So my dear, what defines people is their customs, tradition, culture and language which the kyrio and ashanti people that form the modern Ijaw doesn't share with any Igbo community.

11 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by RobbStark(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

There was nothing life chieftaincy there or any part of Igboland before 1846 with Oraifite getting their first warrant chief. So my dear, what defines people is their customs, tradition, culture and language which the kyrio and ashanti people that form the modern Ijaw doesn't share with any Igbo community.

So what is the culture, custom, tradition n language of the bonny n Opobo people from your perspective.
Don't tell me the Ibo tradition was hijacked pls
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
RobbStark:

So what is the culture, custom, tradition n language of the bonny n Opobo people from your perspective.
Don't tell me the Ibo tradition was hijacked pls
What are you talking about?
Looking at them, do you need a soothsayer to tell you that they are Ndigbo?
Incase you don't know, Ubani dialect was what the Christians first used to convert Southern Igboland

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:
una too dey claim another person land
I support the truth
you guys are desperately trying to steal land

fools everywhere
You think your ego blackmail work on Wednesdays?
My dear if making firm stance on my land is called stealing and makes me a fool then I am a foolish thief.
Ubani and Opobo are not negotiable.
You can negotiate Lagos with Bini and Ijaw not us. We don't tolerate stupidity

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

Gen Minimah the former chief of army staff under GEJ is from Bonny, I've never seen him claiming to be an Igbo man.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Gen Minimah the former chief of army staff under GEJ is from Bonny, I've never seen him claiming to be an Igbo man.
Incase you missed my first post. There are ashanti and Kyrio people of Sierra leone the British brought with them as part of Western frontier force to guard the ports they occupy at Ubani, Opobo, Warri and Badagry.
It is the descendants of these two black groups that call themselves Ijaw claiming ancestral lands of Igbo, Urhobo, Bini and Yoruba.
They even want to steal the identity of ancient oru people of Southern Igboland

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Karanka: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
keep asking jamb question....... Ndoki is pure Ijaw
Calm down, no be fight.
Could you explain how Ndoki is Ijaw?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

Incase you missed my first post. There are ashanti and Kyrio people of Sierra leone the British brought with them as part of Western frontier force to guard the ports they occupy at Ubani, Opobo, Warri and Badagry.
It is the descendants of these two black groups that call themselves Ijaw claiming ancestral lands of Igbo, Urhobo, Bini and Yoruba.
They even want to steal the identity of ancient oru people of Southern Igboland
Lol

All this your explanation no hold water bro. Only people from Opobo can say who they are. You fit name any popular Opobo man or woman wey identify as an Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Lol

All this your explanation no hold water bro. Only people from Opobo can say who they are. You fit name any popular Opobo man or woman wey identify as an Igbo.
The most notable Jaja

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BiafraInc: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2021

9 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
BKayy:

The most notable Jaja
I dey talk of now you dey talk of jaja grin

Jaja met ijaws on that land. This things are not as easy as you're saying it bro. I've never seen anybody from Opobo claiming to be an Igbo man. I gave you an example, Gen Minimah. Name an important person from Opobo claiming to be an Igbo man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Jaja met ijaws on that land. This things are not as easy as you're saying it bro. I've never seen anybody from Opobo claiming to be an Igbo man. I gave you an example, Gen Minimah. Name an important person from Opobo claiming to be an Igbo man
Which Ijaws?
The one the people that wrote then call Ndigbo?

8 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
RobbStark:

I am not interested in books a man wrote probably an Ibo influenced writer. Nonsense.

Have you come across a bonny man and he said he is Ibo ?? I mean any one of them.

Have you also come across an Opobo man and he opined that he is Ibo.

Pls continue with the delusion. It's fun to read

First of all, the book was written by an English slave trader. He had no attachment to the Igbo race and the captain came from Liverpool.

For your second point, we all know that Dakuku Peterside is by far, the most prominent Opobo politician. Just a few years ago, he had this to say in a gathering.

In a shocking revelation, the member representing Opobo-Nkoro Federal constituency Hon. Dakuku Peterside declared that the Opobo people have their roots in Igboland as the founder and first king of the Kingdom is an Igbo man. Hence Opobos are Igbo. He called on other Igbo elements within the state to identify with the greater Igbo cause.

https://www.nairaland.com/2691100/igbos-dakuku-peterside

As you can see, he clearly identifies with his Igbo links. He may well be a governor of the state one of these days.
Thank God the Jaja family still know what time it is.

I hope I have lectured you this afternoon, and that you have learnt solid lessons from a master.

8 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
you sound like 12yrs kid that is still yet to know anything concerning naming of places or things....... or are you a kid? if yes please leave way......

a matured person will know that 95% of names given to places in this world is joining of two or more words.......

example america that look like one word but made up from amerigo and another......

how can anyone tell meaning of name of place without first bringin out the two or three words that was joined to made it?

if you are kid, please dont wast my attention..

To a 3 yr old, a 12 year old is a genius. Now learn from the master.

I specifically wrote TOWN NAME. UBANI means something in Igbo, and means totally nothing in Ijaw.
Read Dr. Baikie's book written in 1850 to learn how EBANI/IBANI came into the UBANI lexicon. Please upgrade your knowledge before you start challenging me, as you are no match to Ofoigbo.

You haven't told us where the NI from UBANI or IBANI came from. I think I may have to teach you how and where town names are derived for much of ancient Africa. But let me see how parry this one, before I decide on what you need to learn

12 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by RobbStark(m): 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
OfoIgbo:

First of all, the book was written by an English slave trader. He had no attachment to the Igbo race and the captain came from Liverpool.

For your second point, we all know that Dakuku Peterside is by far, the most prominent Opobo politician. Just a few years ago, he had this to say in a gathering.

In a shocking revelation, the member representing Opobo-Nkoro Federal constituency Hon. Dakuku Peterside declared that the Opobo people have their roots in Igboland as the founder and first king of the Kingdom is an Igbo man. Hence Opobos are Igbo. He called on other Igbo elements within the state to identify with the greater Igbo cause.

https://www.nairaland.com/2691100/igbos-dakuku-peterside

As you can see, he clearly identifies with his Igbo links. He may well be a governor of the state one of these days.
Thank God the Jaja family still know what time it is.

I hope I have lectured you this afternoon, and that you have learnt solid lessons from a master.

First of, Peterside isn't the most prominent politician in Opobo, if he was, he wud have won his Local govt for his party in the 2015 general elections. Not even an assembly member from his party in his constituency won in the senatorial zone.

Reason why he didn't win the gov election.
He did that to gather votes of the ibos who reside in Rivers State but he failed woefully.

You didn't lecture nothing cos it's a known fact that you ibos are looking for what isn't there for you.

Never confuse a man who speaks with both sides of his mouth.
Since peterside is an Ibo man, let him come to the east and you guys shud give him the governorship he craves for.

Like I said earlier, all this noise is just here in Nland nowhere else.
Ibos are in bonny doing their biz, once they have never made this rant else they will be chased out forever.

Make una know una boundary e get why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
OfoIgbo:

What does UBANI mean in Ijaw?

Also how do you explain the fact that the earliest books written about UBANI Bonny, clearly noted that the traditional rulers of Bonny were of Igbo ancestry?
There is nothing like Ubani in Rivers State the name is Ibani
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SlayerForever: 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
[s]
DubaiLandLord1:

[/s]

Thrash.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Lol. Did ask you? Your interest in this matter gave you up as Ijaw, else you won't rush to pick sides when it doesn't concern you
And you are a igbo clown pretending to be from Etche.
I've been to Etche unity form i have not see anyone in that group address themselves as igbo, they always address themselves as Etche ethnicity! wink

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

Burn who?

Thrash.
Go to bonny island and call them igbo if you get mind, no be to they for Nl they chest beat anyhow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD / Omoyele Sowore Roughly Handled At UNILAG By Security Agents (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.