Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits (67340 Views)

Learn How To Import Cheap Used Gadgets Such As Phones, Laptops, Etc From USA / How You Can Successfully Import Cheap Product From 1688 To Nigeria / How To Import Cheap Items On Aliexpress And Sell Fast Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Robisky001(m): 11:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
Following
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by bamidele89: 3:10am On Aug 21, 2021
DrOladipo:
Facebook is just one of the platforms to get deals, other would be well covered too. With Facebook the need for VPN is unecessary.

Please can I use my Nigeria Facebook account to buy things on USA market place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 5:13am On Aug 21, 2021
Your Nigerian Facebook account works fine.

5 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Perfectman91: 5:53am On Aug 21, 2021
I'm in
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Tenshades(m): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
DrOladipo:
Let us all try to check USA marketplace on Facebook. If you are able to kindly drop a screenshot. Thanks

Right here.

This is eye opening, OP.

I have never explored facebook to this extent in my life before.

Wow!

6 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
There you go! I love doers.....You can imagine the possibilities!
Tenshades:

Right here.

This is eye opening, OP.

Wow!

5 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
Starting Small
Understanding the economic realities of our dear country, I understand not too many people will be able to churn out a lot of money to start. Please do not be discouraged by this, gadgets is just a broad term and you can start small by buying low cost items;

1. PowerBanks
2. Phone Accessories (Headsets, Casing, Ear buds/pods)
3. Fashion items (Shoes, perfumes, wristwatches etc)

Research is key.....like i say every time, I am a proponent of data. Look on Jiji and check the categories in your area to get ideas of fast selling items.

Even with N20k you can start and re-invest your profit until you reach the big goal.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Glad folks are experimenting and understanding the flow of this enterprise.

Let us touch the platforms

1. Facebook Marketplace
This is the best for now. Items are straight from direct users and you can leverage on the fact that its umbiquiotus and can be assessed from any geographical location. Another plus to this platform is virtually all of us are familiar with Facebook...we are only going a step higher than being a conventional social media platform to business. Facebook marketplace does not need too technical tweaks to achieve what we want to achieve. This marketplace is appropriate for Phones and Laptops.

2. Craigslist
Craigslist is an 'ancient' platform that has served millions of people. It is one of the pioneer classifed marketplaces on the internet, in fact others that came after it are now defunct..talk of Backpage, Kijiji etc. The 'laggards' permit my language find this platform easy to use and you will notice that there has been little or now innovation on the UI. It is geotargeted too and you can restrict search for items to certain areas. Craigslist is suitable for heavy items like printers, vehicles etc...you can get phones and laptops or other high selling products on it too.

8 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by olalol(m): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
Fire on please
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
Thanks
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Brandnewmalvin: 12:31am On Aug 22, 2021
Tenshades:

Right here.

This is eye opening, OP.

Wow!

My Facebook market place is not working please I need help on it 08039579317
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Olutech7: 5:55am On Aug 22, 2021
EliteBook Revolve 810 G2
MODEL
Ultrabook
SUBTYPE
Used
CONDITION
Intel Core i7
PROCESSOR
Dual Core
NUMBER OF CORES
8GB
RAM
180GB
STORAGE CAPACITY
SSD
STORAGE TYPE
11" / 11.6"
DISPLAY SIZE
Intel
Windows 10
OPERATING SYSTEM
Silver
COLOUR
Hp elitebook revolve
180gbssd 4gbram
intel core i7
webcam bluetooth touchscreen
office address:5:pepple street computer village ikeja beside keystone bank. 4pieces available
@150k each

2 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Olutech7: 6:12am On Aug 22, 2021
4gb/500Hdd
4th gen
Backlight Keyboard
FHD Display

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
3. OfferUp
Offer up is a very big marketplace and is gone to diverse users. OfferUp acquired letgo another popular classified and this even make them bigger. I have noticed offerup has more resellers than direct sellers. Most people source cheaply and resell on this platform. If you want to build relationship with a supplier for a long time this will be a good platform. Ratings are displayed and this will give a good idea of the reputation of the seller. You find this platform handful if you deal in Gadgets like phones and laptops.

9 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Reputation is key

2 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Tenshades(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
DrOladipo:
Reputation is key

Ride on boss... cool
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Rsz124: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
DrOladipo:
So for this item (HP Pro Book Gi 640 8gb Ram) we negotiate to beat it to $160

Pickup services: $20
Shipping to Lagos: $30

Exchange rate 490/$

Cost: $210

Hi sir, great thread... I want to ask about the pickup and shipping in particular

How can this be done for naija residents... Is there a company or person you can recommend

At a fair cost ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hey Bro...thanks for the interest. I will touch this soonest. This is very important as you do not want to put all your profit into shipping and pickup. Also there is something I am doing a research on to mitigate Forex crisis and cap on international payments by Nigerian banks through the CBN.
Rsz124:

Hi sir, great thread... I want to ask about the pickup and shipping in particular

How can this be done for naija residents... Is there a company or person you can recommend

At a fair cost ooooo

3 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
4. eBay
Almost everybody knows this marquee marketplace. eBay is as old as the www and it is one of the pioneer web e-commerce platforms. eBay is very popular through its affiliation to PayPal and this platform is incredibly awesome in seller and buyer protection. eBay is home to cheap gadgets and one thing stands eBay out; Auctions. Sellers offer items to buyers and the highest bidder gets the deal.
As I have pointed, this thread is going to unravel the systems you need to put in place to ensure maximum profit. I have used eBay to buy gadgets especially high config laptops at a very cheap rate. There are items that have minor faults or missing parts. Can you imagine a laptop without OS sells cheaply! How much will Uncle Ben in the street load and OS on a PC… maybe 5k at most. I am not in support of software counterfeiting as it’s a serious offense in the west. We are only going to do the smart stuff to take us from unit importers to container importers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
No OS! You know how much this sells for in NG?

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Rsz124: 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
DrOladipo:
Hey Bro...thanks for the interest. I will touch this soonest. This is very important as you do not want to put all your profit into shipping and pickup. Also there is something I am doing a research on to mitigate Forex crisis and cap on international payments by Nigerian banks through the CBN.

Look forward to having touch down on this in a short while
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by babafreeman: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thank you for this informative thread, sir. One thing I 'm keen on knowing is how one can make payments with your naira bank because I don't have a forex account.

1 Like

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
babafreeman:
Thank you for this informative thread, sir. One thing I 'm keen on knowing is how one can make payments with your naira bank because I don't have a forex account.

Surely boss! We ll cross this hurdle!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Nonso92(m): 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
I think I'm going to love this thread.
I noticed that my Facebook account isn't eligible for marketplace.

Any solution to that?
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by bamidele89: 5:31am On Aug 23, 2021
Nonso92:
I think I'm going to love this thread.
I noticed that my Facebook account isn't eligible for marketplace.

Any solution to that?

Same here mine does not work
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
For those having issues with Facebook marketplace. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
This [url] https://www.lifewire.com/why-dont-i-have-facebook-marketplace-4589111[/url] guide helps.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by nelcliff(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
@OP, More Fire. Lovely thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by mrsage(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Okay
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
Please follow the link above and let me know if it’s works.

2 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2021
6. Amazon
This is currently the biggest e-commerce website in the universe. Amazon is a household name when it comes to digital commerce and its home to billions of items. They have programs that support manufacturers, sellers, creatives and so on. Amazon offers a prime account that allows users to get their items faster than regular users.

Just like other ecom platforms, when you search for an item you have thousands returned in the search result and you can prune down to the sellers that satisfies your requirements.

2 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
7. Mercari

I know not many people have heard about this giant platform. Mercari is a huge marketplace to source items from. Most sellers on this platform are wholesalers and items are cheap.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Man Regrets Not Chasing Fatima Dangote During Their NYSC Days (Photos) / Man Rocks Long Skirt And Handbag To Bank (PHOTOS) / Pictures Of Aba Automated Shoe Factory, Best In Nigeria – Technical Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.