Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits (67531 Views)

Learn How To Import Cheap Used Gadgets Such As Phones, Laptops, Etc From USA / How You Can Successfully Import Cheap Product From 1688 To Nigeria / How To Import Cheap Items On Aliexpress And Sell Fast Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by MirthOsas(m): 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
DrOladipo:
Have we all got the Concise Guide on the subject?
How do I get this?
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2021
MirthOsas:

How do I get this?
Check signature
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Tenshades(m): 6:56am On Aug 29, 2021
Soleye24:

Hello, please I need the importation guide too, thanks. showleyebhabha@gmail.com

Register on the site on OP signaturre.
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by MirthOsas(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
DrOladipo:
Check signature
Done boss.. I got the guide, I'm all pumped up.
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Recent Questions I got privately but will address here.

1. Seller not agreeing to meet at a public place.
Well, I believe that 90% of people interested in doing this are in Nigeria and will definitely be using pickup services of folks in the USA. In most cases sellers prefer to meet in a public place like a bank environment, eateries or on the street. Just like we have some ‘dangerous’ areas in Nigeria the same is true with certain communities in the west too. So I will reemphasize checking to make sure the item is not underpriced, that’s a big red flag!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
You can see the price quoted for the phone above. That is a red flag for phone of that model and configuration. You already see a prospective buyer labeling it as scam. Just like every other business, we must ensure we stay away from greed. A fair market price is what you need to go with.

2 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Using eBay to source and search Cheap deals

Ebay is mega powerful. Most sellers on ebay have huge inventory of items in fact some at checkout page give options of buying bulk quantities. The deal with eBay is to filter and search for items that are cheap. Most buyers offer free shipping within the USA. The maximum number of days item take to arrive is 5 in most cases. I do something powerful with ebay, I search for gadgets lots and read the description well. Sometimes items may be missing certain parts or components. All I do in this case is to ask my computer or phone technician how much it will cost to fix the item. This is added to my cost and when I do my market research and see there is decent profit to be made… I purchase.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
So for the above you are buying 10pcs for $369 and that comes to 37$ unit.

Someone should search for Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 11.6" Exynos 5 1.7Ghz 2GB RAM 16GB SSD on jiji or Nairaland to get an idea of the average unit selling price in Nigeria.

Like I posited this thread will add value to every follower. Just keep following.

8 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Tenshades(m): 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
DrOladipo:
So for the above you are buying 10pcs for $369 and that comes to 37$ unit.

Someone should search for Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 11.6" Exynos 5 1.7Ghz 2GB RAM 16GB SSD on jiji or Nairaland to get an idea of the average unit selling price in Nigeria.

Like I posited this thread will add value to every follower. Just keep following.

Saw these prices...

1 Like

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Soleye24(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Tenshades:

Register on the site on OP signaturre.

Thanks
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by LEGITDATAPLUG(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
DrOladipo:
Have we all got the Concise Guide on the subject?
I've signed up but haven't gotten any mail
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
LEGITDATAPLUG:

I've signed up but haven't gotten any mail

Check your mail.
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by slimkay83(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
I followed up on your insights and I was able to get a Samsung S9+ for a decent price but how do I get the shipping and pick up prices from your website?
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by G12(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
Op, are you going to cover how to sign up on Offerup? That would be nice.
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 12:18am On Aug 30, 2021
G12:

Surely. Offerup however needs extra bypass. By this I mean use of USA phone number for verification. There are people even on this forum doing this for a very cheap price.

4 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 6:45am On Aug 30, 2021
The subject of getting your items fast through efficient airfreight will be discussed. I have direct affiliation with a service that get shipment delivered between 7 to 10 business days from the USA, sometimes it’s earlier than that. The perk is custom clearance is handled through this service.

4 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Tenshades(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2021
DrOladipo:
The subject of getting your items fast through efficient airfreight will be discussed. I have direct affiliation with a service that get shipment delivered between 7 to 10 business days from the USA, sometimes it’s earlier than that. The perk is custom clearance is handled through this service.

Awesome cool
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by LEGITDATAPLUG(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2021
DrOladipo:

Check your mail.
Sir,I still haven't received any mail
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Alabaintprice(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2021
G12:

My offer up can easily login with my Facebook..... I only signed up by connecting my Facebook to it

2 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
I have been introducing platforms we can use to source cheap and profitable deals. It will be interesting to get people to try things out so as to keep us motivated. We have dealt on eBay, Facebook marketplace and some others.

1 Like

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
Backmarket

This is a goldmine!!! They hold the largest inventory for refurbished items in the USA. Most prominent and reputable sellers I have met on eBay and Amazon use this platform too. Deals are crispy and cheap on backmarket for electronic gadgets. The prices are way lower than what’s obtainable on other platforms. I know people will ask the question of how we an bridge the gab between these ecom platforms and getting their goods delivered in Nigeria. We are always available, get a copy of the ebook.

Backmarket is a tech startup with huge financial backing, their selling point is being environmentally conscious as most of the refurbished items get back into the market thereby reducing plastic waste. Refurbished items are as good as new items in some cases.

5 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Alabaintprice:

My offer up can easily login with my Facebook..... I only signed up by connecting my Facebook to it

Thank you for the update. Did you try to chat some sellers up?
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Nonso92(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
DrOladipo I am really enjoying your thread. I hope I find the courage to act on the information that I eventually come across here.

Amazing thread. With this information, one could easily start a side hustle and at some point turn into a main hustle.

Bless you OP.

I still don't have marketplace on my Facebook, I followed the link posted on page 3, but nothing. Anyways, I have a phone number verified OfferUp account, but like you said, it's filled with resellers and lots of scammers selling 100x below market value and offering just 12$ for shipping of item. I already know it's a scam.

Still looking for an amazing deal on the platform though, but I'll check out other platforms as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nonso92:
DrOladipo I am really enjoying your thread. I hope I find the courage to act on the information that I eventually come across here.

Amazing thread. With this information, one could easily start a side hustle and at some point turn into a main hustle.

Bless you OP.

I still don't have marketplace on my Facebook, I followed the link posted on page 3, but nothing. Anyways, I have a phone number verified OfferUp account, but like you said, it's filled with resellers and lots of scammers selling 100x below market value and offering just 12$ for shipping of item. I already know it's a scam.

Still looking for an amazing deal on the platform though, but I'll check out other platforms as well.
Thank you so much!
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Alabaintprice(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2021
DrOladipo:

Thank you for the update. Did you try to chat some sellers up?
Yes, I do but just for fun actually. I don't know my way around it so I just go through it. Sometimes I feel there phones are expensive based on exchange rate.....
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Alabaintprice(m): 11:58am On Aug 31, 2021
DrOladipo:
Backmarket

This is a goldmine!!! They hold the largest inventory for refurbished items in the USA. Most prominent and reputable sellers I have met on eBay and Amazon use this platform too. Deals are crispy and cheap on backmarket for electronic gadgets. The prices are way lower than what’s obtainable on other platforms. I know people will ask the question of how we an bridge the gab between these ecom platforms and getting their goods delivered in Nigeria. We are always available, get a copy of the ebook.

Backmarket is a tech startup with huge financial backing, their selling point is being environmentally conscious as most of the refurbished items get back into the market thereby reducing plastic waste. Refurbished items are as good as new items in some cases.

But you know that people don't buy refurbished phones in Nigeria. How do we go about that
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
When there is little or o capital

Reputation is key, especially on this platform as much as people want to see what you are selling physically before they make financial commitment some also leverage on how popular and trustworthy they are on this platform (Nairaland). This brings me to the topic of selling even before your item arrive. On this forum especially in the tech market page, people use terms like AIN ( Already in Nigeria) for items that they already bought, have picked up and shipped to them in Nigeria. Another popular term is TLC (Total landing cost) seller posting this already sourced a profitable item and are committing buyers money to do business. Like I said trust is key and how reputable you are. So if you do no lot have huge capital to start you can do TLC and use Escrow services. Escrow will hold all or part of the money till the buyer gets his product.

1 Like

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Alabaintprice:

But you know that people don't buy refurbished phones in Nigeria. How do we go about that

That’s sounds more like a fact. I beg to differ sir!
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
Let’s keep grinding

When we stated this thread I know a lot of people would be put off by the capital requirements. Nobody starts big, folks you see posting 10s of items weekly started probably by importing a unit of powerbank. There is huge money to be made in this niche.
#staymotivated

Below is a gadget dealer on this forum. Note that the crossed prices are items already sold. You can sell all your items even on NL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by Alabaintprice(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
DrOladipo:
Let’s keep grinding

When we stated this thread I know a lot of people would be put off by the capital requirements. Nobody starts big, folks you see posting 10s of items weekly started probably by importing a unit of powerbank. There is huge money to be made in this niche.
#staymotivated

Below is a gadget dealer on this forum. Note that the crossed prices are items already sold. You can sell all your items even on NL!

Boss, let me take the iPhone Xr from this seller. He is selling at 155k. Most of the Xr on this sellers platforms after checking price of phone and shipping you'll see that you cant resell the phone because it's expensive.

I'm surprised where this guys get this super deals from yet they are still making profits.

If I'm to check that means he'll like buy the Xr less that $250 together with shipping fee....
Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by DrOladipo: 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
Alabaintprice:

Boss, let me take the iPhone Xr from this seller. He is selling at 155k. Most of the Xr on this sellers platforms after checking price of phone and shipping you'll see that you cant resell the phone because it's expensive.

I'm surprised where this guys get this super deals from yet they are still making profits.

If I'm to check that means he'll like buy the Xr less that $250 together with shipping fee....

At this point all I want is to know is how to recognize these deals. Your profit determiner is exchange rate and shipping cost. These will be the golden nuggets to be revealed for loyal followers in due course. Keep your seat chief dont shift!

7 Likes

Re: How to Import cheap gadgets and other items for great profits by G12(m): 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
I've been playing around on Facebook Marketplace. To be honest, the prices are cheap in dollar but our exchange rate is terrible.

Got an offer for a PS4 with 2 controllers and 6 games for $200. I got some nice watches too, but when price is converted to naira, I think it's on a high side.

Can't wait for the OP's on how to get the best exchange rate so I place my first order. I'd like to test this as soon as possible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Pictures Of Aba Automated Shoe Factory, Best In Nigeria – Technical Partner / Bread Sold With Toyota Venza Tinted Glass In Anambra State. Photos / Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.