Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Why Should I Be An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Be An Atheist? (10725 Views)

Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams / My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Should I Be Worried About This Black Cat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
Atheists in the house I invite you all to give me logical and compelling reasons as to why atheism is the correct worldview.

Thank you.
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
how do you mean "correct worldview". if you're looking for "worldview" then atheism should be eliminated from the list as atheism is NOT a worldview

8 Likes

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
how do you mean "correct worldview". if you're looking for "worldview" then atheism should be eliminated from the list as atheism is NOT a worldview

if it is not a worldview then what is it?

And also, what is your worldview?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

ATHEISM a world's view?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that's the voice of the spirit not of humans. Because you spoke with accuracy what's happening in the world today!

Indeed atheism is the world's view but you need more enlightenment before you can substantiate this fact logically. For your information 99.9999% of the world's population are atheists but are blind to this truth! 2Corinthians 4:4 smiley
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by ENEMYOFGOD6: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2021
angry angry grin grin grin grin grin

My brother.. The beautiful thing about atheist is, you don't need to worries about you going to heaven or hellfire. You don't need to pray to any imaginary sky dady, you are free from every mental slavery.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

an atheist is someone who doesn't believe any god exists. full stop. it's not a worldview. my personal worldview is that belief in god(s) has either no benefit to the human race or is very harmful.
I use the word "god" to represent a supposed creator who interferes with the affairs of men. the deist god is excluded from this

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
an atheist is someone who doesn't believe any god exists. full stop. it's not a worldview. my personal worldview is that belief in god(s) has either no benefit to the human race or is very harmful.

since you don't believe in God then how do you make sense of existence?

do you at least believe that there are spirits among us?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by blahc007: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

ATHEISM a world's view?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that's the voice of the spirit not of humans. Because you spoke with accuracy what's happening in the world today!

Indeed atheism is the world's view but you need more enlightenment before you can substantiate this fact logically. For your information 99.9999% of the world's population are atheists but are blind to this truth! 2Corinthians 4:4 smiley
Reduce it 90% I will agree with you....you ain't far from the truth.
We hear people wey say Dem believe God, but there attitude shows dey don't beliv God exist.
The ones we call atheist are the ones that announced it with there mouth...but plenty are atheists, few are known atheists
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
You're welcome! smiley

blahc007:

We hear people wey say Dem believe God, but there attitude shows dey don't beliv God exist.
The ones we call atheist are the ones that announced it with there mouth...but plenty are atheists, few are known atheists
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2021
blahc007:

what is your world view
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

since you don't believe in God then how do you make sense of existence?

do you at least believe that there are spirits among us?
spirits? they exist in bottles, are intoxicating and can be used to clean wounds. they are among us. if you're talking about invisible entities that wander about like lost children in a fictional dimension then I'd say no. there's no good evidence they exist

8 Likes

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by blahc007: 5:47am On Aug 22, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

what is your world view
The existence of God shouldn't be argued with theory...
It should be more of practical...and it has been more of practicals.
God exist, spirits exist, demons exist...
But they interfare with the affairs of men when they are invited, knowingly or ignorantly.
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14am On Aug 22, 2021
Please i'll like to know you better, WISDOM is in your comments! smiley

blahc007:

The existence of God shouldn't be argued with theory...
It should be more of practical...and it has been more of practicals.
God exist, spirits exist, demons exist...
But they interfare with the affairs of men when they are invited, knowingly or ignorantly.
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by blahc007: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please i'll like to know you better, WISDOM is in your comments! smiley

My pleasure Sire..
It will be an honour to also know you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
spirits? they exist in bottles, are intoxicating and can be used to clean wounds. they are among us. if you're talking about invisible entities that wander about like lost children in a fictional dimension then I'd say no. there's no good evidence they exist

So you believe this world is purely physical and there are no spiritual aspects to this world?

What do you have to say about ritualists.

Do you at least believe in rituals?

Because they sacrifice their victims to spirits.
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

And by evidence what do you mean?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 6:49am On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

And by evidence what do you mean?
way to know they're real and not imagination influenced by confirmation bias and hallucinations

6 Likes

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So you believe this world is purely physical and there are no spiritual aspects to this world?
I've found no reason to believe there's some invisible realm to this world were in.

I don't believe it works

they sacrifice their victims, that's the only true thing we know. that there's spirits somewhere taking the sacrifice (s) has no evidence to back it up

5 Likes

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
I've found no reason to believe there's some invisible realm to this world were in.
I don't believe it worksthey sacrifice their victims, that's the only true thing we know. that there's spirits somewhere taking the sacrifice (s) has no evidence to back it up

How would you feel when you die and find out all the claims of Christianity are True and you're going to hell?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
I don't believe it worksthey sacrifice their victims, that's the only true thing we know. that there's spirits somewhere taking the sacrifice (s) has no evidence to back it up

Don't you think they would have stopped ages ago if what they're doing doesn't work?

The fact that this practice has continued for centuries doesn't that tell you something?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by FreeIgboho: 9:13am On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Don't you think they would have stopped ages ago if what they're doing doesn't work?

The fact that this practice has continued for centuries doesn't that tell you something?

Not necessarily. Many things continued for thousands of years that were false - worship of gods like Zeus, etc and miracles by them, world was flat and center of the universe for thousands of years, etc.

On the other hand, hopefulLandlord and kingxsamz, how do you explain the following?:

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Not necessarily. Many things continued for thousands of years that were false - worship of gods like Zeus, etc and miracles by them, world was flat and center of the universe for thousands of years, etc.

On the other hand, hopefulLandlord, how do you explain the following:

are you a Christian?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by FreeIgboho: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

are you a Christian?

We are discussing possible existence of a supernatural based on documented and verifiable human experience. Respectfully, focus on that
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by kingxsamz(m): 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Humans are literally bags of meat in the universe. No one has the power to do anything. You can't outsmart or break the laws of the universe. You can't make money appear out of thin air, you can't fly from one place to another without the help of modern technology which enables you to fly. You can't disappear, you can't die and come back to life, no matter the amount of women's underwear and menstrual pads you steal, money cannot fall from the sky because of you. You can't do anything extraordinary. Anything you do can be explained logically. Humans are smaller than a spec of dust in the universe, what makes you think they have the power to break the laws of the universe? There's no God/gods, there are no witches, spirits, ghosts, unicorns or whatever bullcrap one might think of. These are just human ideas.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
kingxsamz:

Humans are literally bags of meat in the universe. No one has the power to do anything. You can't outsmart or break the laws of the universe. You can't make money appear out of thin air, you can't fly from one place to another without the help of modern technology which enables you to fly. You can't disappear, you can't die and come back to life, no matter the amount of women's underwear and menstrual pads you steal, money cannot fall from the sky because of you. You can't do anything extraordinary. Anything you do can be explained logically. Humans are smaller than a spec of dust in the universe, what makes you think they have the power to break the laws of the universe? There's no God/gods, there are no witches, spirits, ghosts, unicorns or whatever bullcrap one might think of. These are just human ideas.

Have you at least tried to find out these things for yourself

Or are you just speaking based on some idea of yours?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:

We are discussing possible existence of a supernatural based on documented and verifiable human experience. Respectfully, focus on that

so you are a believer in the supernatural

have you ever experienced anything supernatural before?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
kingxsamz:

who do you think makes these laws that govern the universe?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by kingxsamz(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

who do you think makes these laws that govern the universe?

Santa Klaus.
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by kingxsamz(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Have you at least tried to find out these things for yourself

Or are you just speaking based on some idea of yours?

Try to find out what?
Spirits, ghosts, witches, gods? Wide spread rumors?
Do you believe in fairies, unicorns, leprechauns, elfs and flying deers? If no, have you tried to find out these things for yourself? (based on your logic).
One can't be looking for what's not there. Let the ones who claim these things exists prove it.
Check my old posts back in 2017, I used to insult atheists, now I'm one. I hated how their truth hurts. The fact that you're asking questions already shows you're having doubts about your beliefs.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by FreeIgboho: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

so you are a believer in the supernatural

have you ever experienced anything supernatural before?

Once again, we are NOT discussing belief. What I believe is irrelevant. View and read my screenshots above again. Like I asked hopefulLandlord (with an open mind), how do you explain these things?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
kingxsamz:

Try to find out what?
Spirits, ghosts, witches, gods? Wide spread rumors?
Do you believe in fairies, unicorns, leprechauns, elfs and flying deers? If no, have you tried to find out these things for yourself? (based on your logic).
One can't be looking for what's not there. Let the ones who claim these things exists prove it.
Check my old posts back in 2017, I used to insult atheists, now I'm one. I hated how their truth hurts. The fact that you're asking questions already shows you're having doubts about your beliefs.

Let me tell you of an experience i had a while ago.

One night after i had my bath i lay down on my bed to sleep.

The lights were off and i was the only one in the room.

After lying down for about 10 minutes or so something happened... something i can never forget.

All of the sudden from out of nowhere i felt somebody rub my shoulder (in the same way a lover would rub your shoulder... romantically)

I screamed and jumped out of my bed.. and when i turned on the torch to look i saw that there was nobody there.

But till this day i am convinced that somebody touched me that day... i can never forget and have never forgotten.

Ever since that day i have been aware of the fact that we are not alone on this earth... there are people with us that we just can't see with our natural eyes... real people... invisible people

What do you have to say about this my experience?
Re: Why Should I Be An Atheist? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Once again, we are NOT discussing belief. What I believe is irrelevant. View and read my screenshots above again. Like I asked hopefulLandlord (with an open mind), how do you explain these things?

do you have anymore stuff like that to post.. if so kindly post.. hopefulLandlord answer him na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. / CAN Fecilitates With Muslims At Eid-El-Kabir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.