Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

Amcon Interview Next Phase! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Amcon Interview Next Phase! (62798 Views)

Asset Management Corporation Of Nigeria (AMCON) / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Amcon Recruitment Need Help Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2011
@exsiano
Pls update now
Give us a general picture of what went down
I promise to do same after my interview
Its so frustrating to not have a clue before hand of something as important as this
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by etg: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2011
@evamathias;
What position r u going in for? If u were invited for " a first level assessment" then u really have little to fear.
There'll most likely be some sort of test & superficial face-to-face chat.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2011
@etg
I applied for PM
do you have an idea what "sort" of test
that is what I want to know
Is it just general info about the applicant or about the experience or about AMCON
thanks
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 10:22am On Jul 01, 2011
Was a very short one. like 13mins. just those regular general interview questions like tell me about urself. were do u see urself in 5yrs time etc. The person also attempted to probe how technically proficient i was, but i discovered the interviewer was not so knowledgable in the filed herself.

It just went well.

Guys i wish everyone the best of Luck
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 11:46am On Jul 01, 2011
Great to see more nairalanders are being called! There is a compute based test for GT coming up on sat I noticed. I really don't understand these HCDC folks or their recruitment process. My invite was addressed specifically to me- not dear applicant and I was interviewed for a 'senior associate' position.

@etg and exsiano; did you guys ask about feedback time please?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2011
@danny2010,

yes, we did and we were told that final hiring will be done in september.

before then they were rumors that everything HCDC is doing now will be concluded in July.

If we can observe, u will notice that they are rushing everything now.

Now guys, lets talk about those guys that have not been interviewed and will be writing their test tomorow.

What are they to expect. any hint. ist CBT SHL or GMAT- when you help people, things work for you.

No hurding of informations please. We are all getting there cos they is enough room for everyone to shine
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2011
Thanks all for the reply
will keep y'all posted tomorrow

my thing is this
is there anywhere online I can get general info about AMCON
do they even have a website at all?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2011
Yes eva. There is a website. Try amcon.com.ng or something like that. Pls ensure u read up about them aa much as u can. That was my opening question , My interviewer later insinuated pple he had interviewed didn't prepare adequately. Understand the vision, tranches of bonds listed so far etc and I think you are fine. Be sure u know the full meaning of amcon too, U might be surprised. I thought it was corporation, not company! A friend was asked that q and he gawked!

@gt guys, read it elsewhere its like gmat, 50q's;25math and 25 english. Specifically gmat by mcgraw or so. All the best, nairalanders
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by etg: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2011
@evamathis
A close pal also did d test for position of perf. mgt; Fairly technical questions- tools used in pm(ratios et al) and the like. A small interview afterwards where questions on pay & reasons for wanting to leave present place were discussed. All in all, so long as u're unfazed it should be a small matter.
@danny2010, d position I applied for was a bit more technical than d rest. I reckon d test is meant to weed out  some. Observed some folks left many spaces unfilled on their answer sheets. . .yes it was that kind of off-cycle stuff. They said they'll get back with feedback; they didnt specify when.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2011
@all
thanks so much to danny.etg et al
the first phase assessment in MHO was a great disappointment.
I guess I was expecting too much from the consultants.

mine was for 10am yesterday and long story short I was at the venue till 5.50pm
reason?
The test questions for my department wasn't ready
Imagine people that had flights back to lagos had to cancel.
I can only imagine where people that came from kano,kaduna,lagos slept overnight

A Big SHAME to the consultants
anyhow they said those of us affected to come back today.

Got to the venue 30mins before time today and guess what?
The venue was changed without anybody alerting us(no email or text messages,heck email is free for crying out loud lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
luckily the guard at the venue was kind enough to describe the new venue some 3mins drive away
got to the venue and the hall meant for the interview was being used for a church service and they hadnt finished at 1pm
had to wait for tables,chairs n all to be arranged and hall mopped embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

ok let me stop my rant now
cause thats not what this thread is about
as if all of the above wasnt enough
The test questions for my department still wasnt available so we had an option of choosing from other departments.

I chose Banking Relations and it was o.k
sorry cant write down the Q's
but as simple as who is a relationship manager,what is marketing?
nothing technical at all,reminded me of WAEC (ok I kid.I kid)

I was irritated coz Ive been jacking for more than 24hrs esp at night for my dep
anyhow guess how thats how stuff works here
luckily ,the guys were KIND enough to allow those from yesterday to write theirs ASAP

sigh
I too talk lol
wishing everyone the very best

danyy thanks so much for ur time once again
ciao guys
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2011
danny2010:

Yes eva. There is a website. Try amcon.com.ng or something like that. Pls ensure u read up about them aa much as u can. That was my opening question , My interviewer later insinuated pple he had interviewed didn't prepare adequately. Understand the vision, tranches of bonds listed so far etc and I think you are fine. Be sure u know the full meaning of amcon too, U might be surprised. [b][b][b][b]I thought it was corporation, not company![/b][/b][/b][/b] A friend was asked that q and he gawked!

@gt guys, read it elsewhere its like gmat, 50q's;25math and 25 english. Specifically gmat by mcgraw or so. All the best, nairalanders

Or you mean the opposite
Its actually a corporation!!!
and the website www.amcon.com.ng is very helpful in knowing the basics about the corp
just go to the FAQ's awesome summary there
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by teddy2011: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
Guys, its good to hear that AMCON has been calling people for interviews and test. Am getting tired of waiting for them to call. I dialed the number sent by danny but its not connecting. God knows best. I hope and pray to receive a message from them soon. Am tired of updating my details on their website.

@ danny, eva and others 10nx for the info. Best Luck to y'all that went for the interview. DO let us know once you get your appointment letters.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by unclepn: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2011
I heard AMCOM started second interview for experienced aplicants today.This time in their corporate office. If you were among those interviewed today, kindly share with the house.

Cheers
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
@eva
That indeed was not a pleasant experience o. I'm not sure the kain technical q's they can ask for Banking Relations, lol at waec!
My experience with the consultants was the complete reverse. Very organized. We were less than 10 n they had a printout with our names and interview time slots in line with the mail sent. There was a slight delay (about 30 mins) which they even apologized for! Well, that was in May and in Lagos. I'm thinking maybe the pressure/hurry caused what you experienced.

@unclepn. Interesting news! God is with us o smiley I haven't been called yet. None of the other folks I know that interviewed have been called yet, Will definitely keep the house posted with any updates.

Cheers
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
Guys, am a bit confused with ur updates

@danny: are you saying that apart from the interview and test we have written at HCDC office, we are still going to do another interview with AMCON themselves. IIe for experienced.

Am asking beacause i have done the written test and i have also done the interview at HCDC and i taught that was the last stage.

When you guys say the consultant, what do you mean? the HCDC Interviewer OR an AMCON staff.

Pls update me incase i dont know there is another stage after the interview.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
@exsiano
Yeah, there is still an interview with the head of unit at AMCON. We met with HCDC consultants at first. Hope you understand?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
ok. Thanks Danny. thats real gud to know so i can prepare well. how technical was he OR how probing (rigorous). can i get ur number pls to ask some few more questions OR better still BB pin.

Thanks guys. u all great
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by giringori: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2011
Search for all current jobs available in Nigeria here: joblinker.info
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by akinloy: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
@danny2010.i was also .at AMCON office on monday 4th for interview with respect to IT (Data Center). what did u apply for and can you reach me on 08028295768 and let talk pls.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by optimistD(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
please sombody tell me, aint they calling for the graduate trainees? i applied for it and updated my account as requested.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by otuwe(f): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2011
Pls house has anyone been called who applied for banking relationship

I applied for same. And I haven't been called for test or interview
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by AFD: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
@akiloy, do you mean you had the 2nd stage interview at AMCON office?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by unclepn: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
After the interview in AMCON office, does anyone know when they are going to get back to us?

One love.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by akinloy: 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2011
@AFD yes ooo
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Totfulguy: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2011
Is there anyone in the house that applied for the RECRUITMENT & TALENT ACQUISITION position?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2011
How many more guys have done the interview at Amcon office. Pls update us on your experiences

nature of questions
one person interviewer OR panel interview
How long or short
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by UCF(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2011
@ TOTGUL,
I also applied for talent Aquisition. Have u been called for interview?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
Hello nairalanders!
Yeah, 2nd round has indeed started.
@akinloy; I'm yet to have my 2nd interview so apologies cos I can't give you first hand info.
@exsiano; A friend of mine had his on friday. He said he faced a panel of 4 and it was a rather tough interview which went on for about 30/45 mins. Not overly technical but you need to be sure of your experience. The interviewers mentioned not wanting to train the experienced hires so u have to show them you can work alone.
@totfulguy; I don't know anyone that was calld up for talent acquisition.

My prayer is all the contributors to this thread find uncommon favor in every area of our lives (including high flying jobs)in Jesus name. Interviews are still on going for first level assessment and 2nd round as well so there's enough hope for everyone here to get into AMCON.

All the best to the house!
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2011
thanks danny. nice one
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by iyke1: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
Has anyone been called up for Second Phase IT end User Support?Thanks.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by deloby123(m): 9:51am On Jul 13, 2011
Hi house,I wrote d amcon test for Graduate trainees at unilag but avent heard anytin since den.Any1 with info or in d same ship wiv me.Tnks all.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2011
abeg mr moderator
pls lets us modify our posts
since i put up my email na so-so goodluck ,sanusi and all sorts of ministers have been emailing me about helping them to trf funds (u know what I mean) grin grin grin
biko,please I need to get the email off asap
ese gan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Free On-line Course On Oil & Gas Developed By IFP And Supported By Total

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.