Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856468 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrkingz: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
My table of content (TOC) could not upload. But i can fwd to anyone interested for free. Just send an email.

mrkingz:
Greetings everyone,

PPR ALERT!!!
via JR in 49 days (7 WEEKS)

This is ALL ABOUT JESUS!!
He gets the Glory!!!

And to Nairaland; THANK YOU. I came in here at thread 17. Read my way through. Got all that could be got from excellent minds on this forum to pull a good application.
I hope someone gets something that can be of a good help.

So,
TIMELINE; 1ST APPLICATION
. Online submission - Jan 22 2021
. Biometrics - Jan 25
. Background check - began almost immediately
. IELTS request letter - Feb 10 2021 with deadline Mar 13
. IELTS Submitted: Mar 13
. Upfront Medical - Mar 13
. Medical updated to pass - Mar 15
. GCMS notes requested - May 3
. Refusal letter - May 27

REASONS FOR REFUSAL:
1. Personal assets and financial status. 2. Purpose of visit

. GCMS notes received - Jun 3;
When notes came in, these were my observations:
1. My 2 children ages were wrongly captured
2. That I had lump sum whereas I didn’t have any.
3. Referred to my sponsor who was my Brother In-law as ‘’Uncle’’ instead of Brother In-law. I also had my Dad as Co-sponsor.
4. There was no Senior Visa Officer's comment.
And it was during the JR process, when Rule 9 notes were requested that I got to know what the SVO's comments were. The SVO ‘‘accused me’’ of
5. not having career progression, no correlated employment history, no established relationship with my brother in-law and that even if there was a relationship, that there is ‘’no obligation’’ on him to pay for my studies!

Meanwhile, my detailed 8 paged SOP was very clear on Career progression; Mine was a career switch – from Biochemistry to Administration, With 8 years work experience cutting across Marketing, Public Administration, & currently as P.A..
My SOP was one of a story telling as I knew I had to convince the VO why the career switch.

On ‘’no obligation to pay’’; I submitted notarized gift deed, sworn affidavit of sponsorship signed by both sponsors.
I made sure I covered everywhere cover-able..yet, breakfast was served! Check out the detailed TOC attached.

So, with all the errors and wrong conclusions i saw in the GCMS notes, I was convinced that the VO was being negligent with my application. I felt I had a strong application. I decided to go for JR straight. My mind was convinced and made up!

I reached out to a Canadian law firm.
They were very professional.
And 1st things 1st; they had to re-assess my application to be sure that my application was strong enough to go for JR.
Their best hands went through it and in their own words - ''The refusal was unreasonable''. They saw that i had a good case.

A 10-paged document was prepared in my defense countering IRCC's reasons for refusal. If you see citations from previous Supreme court cases, flying around everywhere in my defense eh, omo, me ma, i was feeling good freading the whole paper work!

And yes, God's favor was all over it.

And today, 7 weeks after the application for JR/RE-determination was submitted,
It has ended in praise.

JR TIMELINE
. Submission of a 10-page document countering reasons for refusal prepared by lawyers – July 21
. Settlement offer agreed/reached – July 30
. Case open for re-determination/request for updated documents – Aug 11
. Updated documents submitted – Aug 16
. Raised web form & email informing them that I have uploaded requested docs – Aug 18
. Confirmation from IRCC that docs have been received – Aug 20
. PPR – Sep 8

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM THAT BELIEVES!
WHEN GOD IS IN IT, THERE IS NO LIMIT!

I pray for everyone waiting on their PPR, YOU TOO WILL SHARE YOUR VICTORY STORY!
Amen.

And by the way, did i mention that i just turned 40..

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2021
The bolded shouldn't be an hinderance to you passing your Medicals.....

Peace
Julian112:
Please FAM...can malaria or typhoid be a hindrance for medicals...if so, what and what should I do so as to get a clean medical result...its urgent FAM please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dammyomo123(f): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Thank you very much, I will take this advice and apply alone first as someone stated earlier too.
mastersammy:

Pls I won't advice you to apply for the visa with your hubby and kids at the same time, it's a wrong move. Basically, if you do that, your more like throwing away your life line that is suppose to back you up in securing the visa.
What I'm trying to say is, you've already have a social ties you can use to add strength to your home ties, so why throw it away by applying together with your family at the same time.
Tell your hubby and kids to stay back, you should apply first and use your hubby and kids as home ties bcus your husband and kids adds more strength to your home ties, so use them to equip your home ties arsenal.

Secondly, draft a good Sop and most importantly make sure you state your study plan in the Sop,this way VO will see that your Sop has a direction.
While writing your Sop you can also reveal to ircc that you own a business but it's registered in your hubby's name but for them to believe it, you need to add evidence to it that you truely own the buisness. The reason why I want you to bring this up is for you to be adding more juice to your home ties. Telling the VO you own the buisness but it's registered in your hubby's name is not enough, you need to show them evidence bcus you having a buisness of your own that is thriving and also using your family as home ties, they will make up a sufficient home ties to some extent.

Since your overwhelmed with the whole thing,I suggest you take it step by step so that you won't get confuse. You can start by surfing the internet and look for school that will suit your needs in terms of tuition and course.
Once you get admission, you can come back here and inform us so that we will tell you next step to take

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CanaCBU: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
NommyD:
My PPR just dropped, God indeed is the greatest. May 12th Applicant..
What he cannot do doesn't exist... I lost all hope but he came through for me.

Please, who is travelling to Nova Scotia

Bushboy Doree and those of us joining soon IJN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ibk2020:

Thank you,

I will look for another school with 2 years PGD course, my plan is to request a refund from the school I will be applying with when I get to Canada, then look for another cheap school that offers 2 years diploma in social worker with low tuition.
The reason for the above is because I heard the embassy won't approve visa for college diploma course.
Pls is the above realistic?

Wait.... Did you say you will request for refund from the school if eventually your visa gets approved and you enter Canada,No nah it doesn't work that way, No school will refund you your tuition if your visa has been approved.
Your tuition can only be refunded to you on one condition which is if the visa is denied.
And also i don't know who told you that embassy won't approve visa for college diploma course, pls that's not true, although it depends sha.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Frankalvinz:
Good morning house,
As an unvaccinated person, what airlines would you recommend for me? (Lagos to Toronto)

Please help.

Hello? Help please, anyone angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jeffi7: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Pls I want to know what next to do, I just deffered my wife's admission as the school refused to give an extension or do the fall semester online, neither do they have winter intake. So I have deferred to fall 2022 as IRCC is yet to respond on student permit application.

Do I need to inform IRCC on my deferment of admission till Sept 2022? Or when PPR comes would it be valid till August 2022 for travel ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
NommyD:
My PPR just dropped, God indeed is the greatest. May 12th Applicant..
What he cannot do doesn't exist... I lost all hope but he came through for me.

Please, who is travelling to Nova Scotia

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
mrkingz:
Greetings everyone,

PPR ALERT!!!

He gets the Glory!!!

And to Nairaland; THANK YOU. I came in here at thread 17. Read my way through. Got all that could be got from excellent minds on this forum to pull a good application.

So,
. Biometrics - Jan 25

REASONS FOR REFUSAL:

3. Referred to my sponsor who was my Brother In-law as ‘’Uncle’’ instead of Brother In-law. I also had my Dad as Co-sponsor.
And it was during the JR process, when Rule 9 notes were requested that I got to know what the SVO's comments were. The SVO ‘‘accused me’’ of
5. not having career progression, no correlated employment history, no established relationship with my brother in-law and that even if there was a relationship, that there is ‘’no obligation’’ on him to pay for my studies!

Meanwhile, my detailed 8 paged SOP was very clear on Career progression; Mine was a career switch – from Biochemistry to Administration, With 8 years work experience cutting across Marketing, Public Administration, & currently as P.A..
My SOP was one of a story telling as I knew I had to convince the VO why the career switch.

On ‘’no obligation to pay’’; I submitted notarized gift deed, sworn affidavit of sponsorship signed by both sponsors.
I made sure I covered everywhere cover-able..yet, breakfast was served! Check out the detailed TOC attached.

So, with all the errors and wrong conclusions i saw in the GCMS notes, I was convinced that the VO was being negligent with my application. I felt I had a strong application. I decided to go for JR straight. My mind was convinced and made up!

And 1st things 1st; they had to re-assess my application to be sure that my application was strong enough to go for JR.
Their best hands went through it and in their own words - ''The refusal was unreasonable''. They saw that i had a good case.

A 10-paged document was prepared in my defense countering IRCC's reasons for refusal. If you see citations from previous Supreme court cases, flying around everywhere in my defense eh, omo, me ma, i was feeling good freading the whole paper work!

It has ended in praise.

JR TIMELINE
. Submission of a 10-page document countering reasons for refusal prepared by lawyers – July 21
. Raised web form & email informing them that I have uploaded requested docs – Aug 18
. PPR – Sep 8

I pray for everyone waiting on their PPR, YOU TOO WILL SHARE YOUR VICTORY STORY!
Amen.

Oh wow! Congrats man!
My JR is over 5 months now lol. Na God go help person

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Qlife 40k
IOM 46500

Julian112:

Yea, I do have a request.. And please how much does it cost to do the medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Godsfave:

I’m may 14th and my eligibility started today, I haven’t received as well but i know we will both testify here tomorrow in Jesus name, Amen

I applied same day as you and my eligibility also started today

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omishor2020(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
Congratulations

Kindly share timeline and doc submitted.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Solace11: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please who applied for visa in the month of May,2021. Please any news yet? Mine hasnt even been reviewed uet�

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Solace11: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Jojorito007:

I applied same day as you and my eligibility also started today

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by phaeedat95: 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
PPR Alert!!!
It has ended in praise. First time applicant
Application submitted: May 12
Biometrics request letter: May 13
NSE request letter: May 24
Document submitted: June 28
Upfront medicals passed: June 22
Correspondence/ ppr: sept.7

Submitted little documents.
Statement of result
No police clearance
No waec nor neco
Forgot to add transcripts
Didn't send mail to Nairobi office nor raised webforms.
Thanks to @joshwriters for writing an amazing sop

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gold4sure1: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good evening all, I’m May 17th and have been waiting patiently, seeing may 13th/14th getting eligibility messages, I’m optimistic mine would come on or before 13th of September, God luck to us all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
So, I’m a first time applicant..
Applied May 14th
BVL and PPR today..
The wait was frustratingly long.. First time applying for any visa oh... only been to Dubai twice and some African countries.

Please it’s important to note that I used an ircc consultant (KSA), and I found Nairaland after I had applied. It was after I got here and started reading up I discovered I made a terrible mistake... a week before we submitted my app, my husband liquidated his dollar IBTC investment into his Gtbank account and we submitted the MBS of that account as part of POF.... and we did not explain it.. I didn’t even tell my consultant... it was later when he did an Instagram live I realized... and I asked him what we should do, he said not to worry that we where packaged well... He insisted from the beginning that we do a gic of 20kcad... and we submitted that via web form like a week after I submitted my app...
Let me also State that I never saw what my application profile looked like Becos he did not release my password to me... when I read here about releasing password and all, I checked within me, I had peace so, I left it.

Occasionally he would take a snap and send to me... I didn’t also get any NSE request as I submitted everything for that too including ielts with a band 7 score

When I was getting frustrated I insisted he orders my gcms notes in July... and it came back in august completely empty... no comments... even my medicals was not passed (lol)... I almost gave up... infact let me be frank... I gave up... after all my tapping... I remember tapping into Liannas profile then...(I just joined then)... I tapped into almost every PPR.. I got depressed one time and stopped coming for awhile.. later I started again... My friends that did Uk had traveled...
it was easy.:. Yesterday I went to church and held hands with someone else and prayed an agreement prayer that my PPR must come today, as I had already resumed school online yesterday... Na so.... GOD ANSWERED...

I want to say big thanks to everyone here.... you guys are joy givers... I wondered what it would be like to also testify... now I have experienced it... if you are waiting be rest assured your testimony is just around the next hour in Jesus Name.

Course is fashion business mgt (advanced diploma) Seneca college
Documents submitted

All the necessary forms
Children’s birth cert
My birth cert
Hubby’s previous employment letter
Hubby’s recent employment letter
Mbs for dollar acc (hubby’s)
MBs for naira acc (hubby’s)
His banks introduction letters
Stanbic IBTC pension statement with a letter stating that funds are readily available
Stanbic IBTC naira investment statement with a letter stating exact amount of investment and that funds are readily available
My company cac document
My company MBS with less than 50k balance (lol)
Our car purchase papers
Our house documents
2 land documents (notarized) I snapped just the agreement pages
A statement of net worth (notarized)
An excel sheet stating my fees, living expenses,family monthly living expenses and all our funds including funds in my children’s acc.( this was to show the vo how much I needed, and how much we had available even with monthly expenses for my family back home)

Hmmmmm what else... Detailed SOP, my consultant corrected tire soteyyy when I read am finish I was like, the VO that will read this and not give me visa get witchcraft...

He also submitted his own detailed explanation... like an argument a lawyer will make for a client stating reasons why I needed the visa... he explained a lot.(I was impressed)
Marriage cert
Affidavit of sponsorship
Police certificate
Letter of sponsorship

I also screen grabbed my Instagram handle... for my fashion line and my fashion school... showing a lot of my work...

I think that’s it oh...

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE.... and IT WILL END IN PRAISE FOR EVERYONE WAITING... IN JESUS NAME.... AMEN

50 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
I’m sorry oh... it’s a very long read...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stephblues(f): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
I don laugh tire. cheesy grin cheesy

Blavkmaann:
My country people!

How are we, I Dey see all of una updates o,

Omo Wetin den no tell us be say school for here no b beans ooo

I know how tense this place is, just watch this video to laugh small,
If you no laugh, send me ur aza, I’ll send ur data back!

Make una help me subscribe abeg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-XPWUKhmk

Also if you’re coming to montreal, don’t hesitate to send me a message, I could be of help in my own very little way!

God go do am for e children!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
fejiromich:
I’m sorry oh... it’s a very long read...

Congratulations, I’ve been tapping since. May 15 God answer me please

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ohizzy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
eclint:
I think you can go ahead n send it

Thank you Boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by biolaowo(m): 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
I need your advice my people ooo. I am about to submit my visa application. I gained admission to study chemical engineering . My fee per term is around $12000 but i paid Just $4000 school fees to support my visa application meanwhile university didn't ask for any payment. A friend say the money is too small while the other one said i didn't need to pay any money since the university didn't ask for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
He has answered... it’s coming... dnt worry
Victoryokondu:

Congratulations, I’ve been tapping since. May 15 God answer me please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lakeside26: 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello please i need help, i applied for study visa application to CANADAS and i have been expecting to get a respond from IRCC on the 6th of august , i was supposed to submit my application on the 15 of MAY but i submitted it on the 16 of MAY, the school i applied for has resume since on the first of SEPTEMBER and i wrote a letter to them to let them know the situation of things and i got a reply from the school that i should switch over my classes from IN PERSON to ONLINE classes that along the line if IRCC approved my visa i can then come over to continue my program online for this fall semester please i need advice on what to do on this issue thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by oma22: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
mrkingz:
Greetings everyone,

PPR ALERT!!!

He gets the Glory!!!

So,
. Biometrics - Jan 25

REASONS FOR REFUSAL:

It has ended in praise.

JR TIMELINE
. PPR – Sep 8

Amen.

Wow! Big Congratulations to you! Please can I have the name and contact of the Canadian law firm you used. My sister is planning on doing a JR. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lol.....
Blavkmaann:
My country people!

How are we, I Dey see all of una updates o,

Omo Wetin den no tell us be say school for here no b beans ooo

I know how tense this place is, just watch this video to laugh small,
If you no laugh, send me ur aza, I’ll send ur data back!

Make una help me subscribe abeg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-XPWUKhmk

Also if you’re coming to montreal, don’t hesitate to send me a message, I could be of help in my own very little way!

God go do am for e children!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2021
There’s a WhatsApp group for Seneca oh
ForevaTT:

Congrats! I'm also set for Seneca, PPR approved about two weeks ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please is there any Brandon University student here still awaiting PPR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dukealara: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
afomon12:
PPR dropped this morning oooo Congratulations gist coming later

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dukealara: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
fejiromich:
My People
My people
GOD HAS DONE IT... ITS PPR... I AM TOO EXCITED

Wow! Congratulations!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.