Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855402 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Elixosodi:

1. My mom and bro as co- sponsor
2. My mom used her insurance which is 7m and my bro 3m
3. Yes I have about 1m in my own account
4. No, Insurance certification
5. No gift deed, no payslip or invoice.

The bolded does not fly and possibly the reason for the VO's denial reason.. insurance money isnt guaranteed money or accessible till its paid

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Elixosodi:
Since the gscm not I applied for before the rejection is yet to come out, do I still need to apply for another?

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elixosodi(f): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Anon123:

The bolded does not fly and possibly the reason for the VO's denial reason.. insurance money isnt guaranteed money or accessible till its paid

It's a yearly payment, and in the certification, it states that I can withdraw anytime I want to make use of it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Somekay: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello, please for those that have traveled and were fully vaccinated, did you have a quarantine plan booked?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
Anon123:

Sadly yes, HRM is a one program but if you can look into other courses related to HRM like strategic global business management.

But if your heart is set on HRM, you might need to consider lambton.
Anon123 thanks for the response in May 5th and 6th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hi Anon123,
I applied since May 14th I haven't gotten a reply yet. I had ordered for gcms note, 2came out with Review Required and no preassessment note. The 3rd one came out with Recommend Interview still no preassessment note. Do you think this is a positive sign? I am expecting the 4th one.
I am just worried while keeping my hope alive and strong. I would appreciate your comment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
theboyy:

Honestly I don’t think the vo really look at proof of funds so deep, they really don’t care if you have 100million in your account. They just want to know that you have financial stability from your work at home, if someone shows 2million closing balance balance but earns let’s say 18 million per year and you’re able to prove it through your payslips or letter of recommendation from your work place, that person still has a good chance

This is not entire correct, people without employment have gotten approval. You can’t give what you don’t have so one is not expected to manufacture employment and payslips from thin air. This is my humble opinion though

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please how can I request for gcms
Thanks
SweetJJ:
Hi Anan123,
I applied since May 14th I haven't gotten a reply yet. I had ordered for gcms note, 2came out with Review Required and no preassessment note. The 3rd one came out with Recommend Interview still no preassessment note. Do you think this is a positive sign? I am expecting the 4th one.
I am just worried while keeping my hope alive and strong. I would appreciate your comment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
visiting visa takes a while to get without it being attached to an exemption authorisation. to be fair you dont necessarily have to leave them behind if you plan well. if you choose the NSE route and your uni does online you can either get your study visa a while before your resumption time and wait and escalate your families application for SOWP\ visit visa. visit visa processing time in Nigeria is presently 293 days as opposed to work permit 26 weeks which is shorter but pending that time Immigration in Canada could have calmed down and things can always get easier. but without a doubt it is easier to get a work permit at the border as opposed to applying from Nigeria. it is almost a right as a legitimate spouse to get it at poe, the wahala is to get to the poe in the first place. so if possible closer to your study permit application monitor the trends and circle back on the best option as at that time because policies are changing and keeping track is key.

BunmiBie:

I appreciate the critique.
I think we will go with the visiting visa. So the two of them will apply for visiting visa separately?
Can they apply for it when I am applying for my student visa, so that we will go together at once.
Will my husband get swop at Canada port, like will they not probe him and disqualify him.
I don't intend to leave then behind sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elixosodi(f): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Anon123:

When did you apply?

May 24th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
gracedson:
Send to Abuja, you cannot go there in person right now, Send via DHL.

Thank you very much for the reply. How do I pay the transmission fee.

Please anybody here who has an idea should respond.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Favouriteguy:

Thank you very much for the reply. How do I pay the transmission fee.

Please anybody here who has an idea should respond.

Thanks
How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 2 copies of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
Hello Nairalander and gurus

All efforts to get colleges in Ontario that offers 2 years Post graduates certificate program in Human Resources Management or related courses have prove abortive.

Only Lambton colleges offer 2 years but the course is high, $27500 tuition fees and application fees of $150. It also includes lots of conditions and not available for May and June 2022 intake. Others colleges only have 1year program.

What would you advice me to do?
Most COLLEGES in Ontario offer 1-year program PG. Programs, and it is expected that a 2-year program in Ontario would be at the high side.

Your only option is to check other PROVINCES

Check colleges in other provinces for if they have a 2 years HR PG. Program

The likes of;

Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resources Management
Okanagan College, BC

etc.

GOOGLE search further other colleges and HR PG. Programs....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
gracedson:
Good day my people, my school just told me that they will only give enrollment letter when I lands in Canada, and I have read a lot here that immigration asks for it before boarding and even at the POE, what document can serve as a substitute ?
Or are there cases like this and were they allowed to board without Enrollment letter ?
In addition to the contributions gotten, try to get a TRAVEL SUPPORT LETTER (TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION LETTER) from your school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by StPatrick123: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day house, I want to know if I can re-apply for my Student Visa with another school even after I was denied the fist time with a different school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
StPatrick123:
Good day house, I want to know if I can re-apply for my Student Visa with another school even after I was denied the fist time with a different school.
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
JDforeal:

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Thanks for this bro. After payment, how do I inform them it was paid? Do I send along evidence of payment or is there a place to upload it?

This is urgent please I want to do it this afternoon

Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BunmiBie: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
sam4774:
visiting visa takes a while to get without it being attached to an exemption authorisation. to be fair you dont necessarily have to leave them behind if you plan well. if you choose the NSE route and your uni does online you can either get your study visa a while before your resumption time and wait and escalate your families application for SOWP\ visit visa. visit visa processing time in Nigeria is presently 293 days as opposed to work permit 26 weeks which is shorter but pending that time Immigration in Canada could have calmed down and things can always get easier. but without a doubt it is easier to get a work permit at the border as opposed to applying from Nigeria. it is almost a right as a legitimate spouse to get it at poe, the wahala is to get to the poe in the first place. so if possible closer to your study permit application monitor the trends and circle back on the best option as at that time because policies are changing and keeping track is key.

Wow! Thanks
We will apply for the visit Visa as soon as possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
StPatrick123:

Yes you can but first things first, I hope you have gotten your gcms note to address your former refusal reason/s.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
rightdata:
Can anyone help me with a contact to process Unilag transcripts. I urgently need to process transcripts for Faculty of science. Department of Physics.

Thanks
quote author=Iffylove post=105829188]Good morning all ppr hopefuls..
Our testimony will surely come..
June/July get ready
It will end in praise

Saw this on TWITTER sometime ago

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/523#100850092

Note: IT'S a copied CONTENT, I don't know any of the contacts in the screenshot in the link above, so just try your luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Thanksss
JDforeal:

Counterfoil document update
And a correspondence letter as a message

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

In addition to the contributions gotten, try to get a TRAVEL SUPPORT LETTER (TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION LETTER) from your school.
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Seun541: 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please, is there anyone also having issues logging in at the moment?
Showing invalid session since.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gentledoj(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day, any Quebec student or anybody that went through Quebec CAQ application.

my CAQ letter was sent since march and i still don't get it yet. I have been to post office many times. Any suggestion or advice pls, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
gracedson:

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 2 copies of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier

Thanks again bro.
The attached is the requirement given to me via mail by IRCC. For the 2 copies of consent form, it is not stated. Do you think I should go ahead to add that?

Also for the stapled papers during biometrics, not stated do you think I will need it?

NB: I actually applied under Family class but I always stay to get info here so please advise accordingly.

Thank you and thanks to everybody contributing massively to this thread.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
What is happening today ? This place is dry o. No rain of PPR.. these people should stop this rough play o. Could it be related to their forthcoming election which is coming up on Monday ..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Favouriteguy:

Thanks again bro.
The attached is the requirement given to me via mail by IRCC. For the 2 copies of consent form, it is not stated. Do you think I should go ahead to add that?

Also for the stapled papers during biometrics, not stated do you think I will need it?

NB: I actually applied under Family class but I always stay to get info here so please advise accordingly.

Thank you and thanks to everybody contributing massively to this thread.
That was how I sent mine and it was under Study class, I have no idea about the Family class but I supposed it should be the same process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
UW
I personally think you and the infant should apply 1st (since he is still too small to leave behind) while you use your husband as home tie

BunmiBie:

Noted with thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
Yes they do except they are citizens of countries like USA that don't need Visa to enter Canada.

Anon123:

For a year old?!

I didnt know that.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello sis, how long after receiving bvl did PPR eventually drop?
gracedson:
That was how I sent mine and it was under Study class, I have no idea about the Family class but I supposed it should be the same process.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.