Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855395 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elixosodi(f): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Anon123:

When did you apply?

August 23rd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chilove007: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2021
gentledoj:
Good day, any Quebec student or anybody that went through Quebec CAQ application.

my CAQ letter was sent since march and i still don't get it yet. I have been to post office many times. Any suggestion or advice pls, thanks

Same here...Seems like they stopped sending hard copy. Bother not !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
Lianna2020:
Hello sis, how long after receiving bvl did PPR eventually drop?
24hrs after BVL, I am a male though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ayoslas88: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
gracedson:
24hrs after BVL, I am a male though.

Does someone also receive refusal letter like 24hrs after BVL?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Yes
ayoslas88:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
ayoslas88:

I am sorry I do not have a full idea about how that works, But rejoice I have a feeling that your PPR is near.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
laidenews:
Hello Lekiboboe, thanks for your head up the last time. I just got a positive response from a supervisor willing to supervise my thesis if admitted. My question now is, do I ask him about funding possibility?
The school is Ryerson University and the requirement for admission is getting a supervisor before putting in application for admission.
Should I go ahead and ask him about funding?
I really want to be sure of getting funding before putting in application
Thank you.

You are welcome.

Congratulations on getting a positive response from the prof.

As regards the bolded, it depends on the prof. and the kind of mail you got from the prof. Schools also differ aswell.

If the Prof. tells you he/she has accepted you to his/her research group/lab and told you that you should go apply for the admission, you are at liberty to ask him/her if funding is available. Its either he/she tells you he/she can offer Full or Partial Funding.

The response from the Prof. would determine if you should apply or not. Infact some Profs. forget to talk about funding after accepting a student, there are loads of scenerios like that.

In order to play safe with your APPLICATION FEE for the admission, ask the PROF. if there is funding

Some profs. would even give you a supporting letter to attach to your admission application. So Profs. differ from each other.

Await more response from other members who might gone through this path of getting Funded Graduate opportunities

Good luck!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2021
My Application just got refused. Thank you everyone , I'm writing this in tears , why do I always get rejected ? How do I break this news to my mom after everything? Alhamdulilah.
I do not deserve this , but Alhamdulilah.
I didn't even add that anyone was accompanying me.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
My Application just got refused. Thank you everyone , I'm writing this in tears , why do I always get rejected ? How do I break this news to my mom after everything? Alhamdulilah.
So sorry about that, I can understand you perfectly, but you need to calm down, firstly order your GCMS notes then let’s tackle them.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
So sorry cry
Oreoluwamipo:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MadeMan01(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello House,
What does under review mean in IRCC .
My application is 14 weeks tomorrow. I sent webform last week for update and was told it is in review this week. Gurus kindly advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
don't give up. Get your gcms note first. Also try to get help from the gurus. May Almighty Allah perfect your next application. Make lots of dua and have other options.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
So sorry
Oreoluwamipo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2021
I don’t know how to feel. My PPR just dropped. He turned my mourning into dancing, he turned my sorrow into joy. I am over joyed. 14th April applicant.

68 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Drezinc(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Congratulations bro.

philit22:
I don’t know how to feel. My PPR just dropped. He turned my mourning into dancing, he turned my sorrow into joy. I am over joyed. 14th April applicant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Congratulations
philit22:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
atiteb4:
I think she can ask the graduate school or department before she applies so that she would be sure

This is a great idea.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
I'm happy for you. Continue to enjoy his grace may Canada favour you and may mine drop positively soo . Amen
philit22:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
philit22:

Congratulations bro! Received an email from them too but fear hasn’t allowed me to check it! (Bvl came since 9th of September)

I tap into your testimony in Jesus name, Amen

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
BunmiBie:

Please, when I was applying, they ask if I am relying on then to fund me or I can fund myself.

I feel this is tricky. What would you suggest I select in this case?
Thanks

If you can't afford to self fund. Let them know you will need funding. I always pick yes no matter the application...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TherealLadyJ: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day guys,
Please I need clarity of this.

In my previous rejection letter the reasons stated by IRCC was:
Statement of purpose
Family ties
Personal assets and financial status

How do I respond to these issues as I wish to reapply again. Please someone should help me interprete what they mean.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
laidenews:
Thank you for your response.
My intended course of study is Data Science.

Did you apply there too?

Okay, like Atiteb4 said. Mail the grad coordinator and ask of their funding policy.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Godsfave:

Congratulations bro! Received an email from them too but fear hasn’t allowed me to check it! (Bvl came since 9th of September)

LOL. Just go Check it. Not checking it or checking it won't change the decision already taken. So open it lets pop champagne.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Godsfave:

Please check. I got my BVL on 9th too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
Godsfave:

Please check I got my BVL on 9th too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by username12: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello all,
I need advice on an issue.
If my dad does a gift deed of an amount that is sufficient for my entire duration of studies and sends the money to my account, do I still need to submit his account statement? If I don't, is there any other supporting document that I need to submit for him?
Also, Can I consider my application as self sponsored since I have all the funds I need in my account?

Please your urgent responses will be appreciated.

Cc: makano, frankrobbn, and everyone else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ketima:

LOL. Just go Check it. Not checking it or checking it won't change the decision already taken. So open it lets pop champagne.

Abi! Let me go check it with faith
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
philit22:

Please check I got my BVL on 9th too

Okay bro! Thanks, I’m going now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
BunmiBie:

Please, does it mean I must request for medical immediately I apply to the school of my choice to avoid delay.
Now I want to resume school next year September, so I should request for medical by next month, which is October.

No, now is too early to go for medicals if you are targeting 2022 September.

Instead, go for medical shortly before or after you submit your application for visa not application for school ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rach622(f): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day everyone..
I got admission into Georgian College to study Project Management
Does anyone know about International students loan
Finally what are the chances that we can travel together as a family of 3

Your advises please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Elixosodi:

August 23rd

Wait you applied last month and got a result this month? Wao

Is your residence Nigeria? Try to apply back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TherealLadyJ: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day guys,
Please I need clarity of this.

In my previous rejection letter the reasons stated by IRCC was:
Statement of purpose
Family ties
Personal assets and financial status

How do I respond to these issues as I wish to reapply again. Please someone should help me interprete what they mean.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.