Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860567 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2021
Time2soar1:

Recommend interview is a positive sign, it means you are being considered for approval but there is an issue or some issues that require clarification before approval is granted.

Most times approval follow without interview and sometimes they will call you for interview and few times rejection.

Your application has been reviewed again after initial assessment yet they still require further clarification that is why eligibility review has been on for a long time.

Recommend interview is a more positive sign than review required. You should get a positive decision very soon

Yes, what baffles me is that my eligibility review started since June 2. And the last gcms note came in on September 10. Thank you for your input.

IRCC abeg na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2021
Kam3:

My gcms came with recommend interview and I was still refused.
yes I know it can be a negative decision even with Recommend Interview. But did you ever get a Review Required before the Recommend interview
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2021
BUY ROUND TICKET IF U WANT TO GET PTA FROM BANK. IF NOT YOU ARE GOOD TO GO FOR 1 WAY TICKET
Fisssssyyy:
Good morning everyone
Please is it compulsory that I buy a round ticket
I’m planning to buy a one way ticket but I’m not convinced it won’t be a problem at the immigration

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2021
You will testify in Jesus name
But how come January, what was your start date
Johnchan2:
May 11th applicant ...
No update yet....
I've started studying online since January
Lord I want to testify today

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elixosodi(f): 7:38am On Sep 16, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

Please does anyone know any school still available for winter and spring intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:39am On Sep 16, 2021
You could have stated your right information without sounding condescendingly annoying you know.

You need to learn how to pass your "right message" across without being appalling!!!

Chilove007:

Na wa oh....no be 5-6 months again? Make we they try give out the right info abeg !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2021
It's 4 sef.
Thanks jare.

[quote author=Bukuns2000 post=105858392][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2021
It's 4 months from IRCC actually.

Don't be "annoyded"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

nairaland1981:

12 months statement.......Omo its too muchooo

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2021
Sorry to ask but can someone explain what PTA is? I've seen it here severally

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Read from 1st page of the thread, all you need is there

wasperjay:
Please does anyone have the idea of what documents is required to apply for a student visa. I just got an offer and acceptance letter from the University of Manitoba in Canada.
Please help a brother, time is going and I don't want to use travel agents because of their ways
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2021
I'm also waiting for mine.

Canada will teach you patience as a virtue cheesy cheesy

We'll have to wait it out as it is.

Fortuneforever:
Please guys the 30 to 40 days for gcms note is it business days or all days inclusive. Requested since Aug 6th

Is this the only mail one receives? Someone in Canada helped me just want to be sure we did it right.

Please help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Readytowear: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
Morning house
This is my second application refused yesterday.
The reason was personal assets
I already paid my fees and money in my sponsors account with 20million in usd
Although I am HIV positive and I told them
during medicals altho I am almost undetectable and healthy.
I want to apply for gcsm to know if that's the reason.
Plz gurus in the house

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Iffylove:
You will testify in Jesus name
But how come January, what was your start date

i started January, winter intake....
i was denied in January and i reapplied in May...
and i have started this semester already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2021
Bushboy009:
Pls when is the best time to fill Arrivecan app. I won’t get my Covid test result till morning of of my traveling date.. can I fill the Arrivecan then? I promise to drop well detailed landing gist

No reply since yesterday . Please someone should Enlighten me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2021
Be careful what you post online and don't get into avoidable trouble.

This question is what you can actually check on the airline's website and call/chat to confirm.

You are breaking the law with so much boldness.

Attached is what sterling Bank sent yesterday about buying PTA with fake return tickets. CBN and every government institution have staff who check nairaland for "update"

Foski01:
Good bosses!

Pls Gurus, what's the earliest time to enter Canada?

What documents are required to get PTA (USD). If return ticket is required, does KLM do refund after booking a ticket? (E.g booking a return ticket)..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Esanson: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2021
Readytowear:
Morning house
Plz gurus in the house
when did you apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Readytowear: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2021
Esanson:
when did you apply.
first application oct 2020
Second application 24th May with upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2021
PERSONAL TRAVEL ALLOWANCE. IF YOU HAVE A RETURN TICKET ORIGINATING AND ENDING IN NIGERIA, YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BUY UP TO $4000 PER QUATER FROM THE BANK AT CBN RATE. VALID RETURN TICKET, VISA, OPERATING NAIRA ACCT ARE SOME OF THE DETAILS BANK WILL REQUEST FROM U
Blazca:
Sorry to ask but can someone explain what PTA is? I've seen it here severally
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gracehayford1: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2021
Hello I just received my counterfoil letter and it’s showing the expiry date as July 2022. But my program is for two years. Pls what does it mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2021
That’s because your passport is expiring July 2022.
When you renew and send to ircc , it will be extended .
Gracehayford1:
Hello I just received my counterfoil letter and it’s showing the expiry date as July 2022. But my program is for two years. Pls what does it mean

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onyek82(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2021
usor00:
Hi onye, what is the name of your school

College of the North Atlantic is in Newfoundland corner Brook
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2021
Yes 6months is standard but NSE route requires 12months of banking history. It seems much but I guess that's why they insist on MBS that way you don't have to scan numerous sheets.

Chilove007:

Na wa oh....no be 5-6 months again? Make we they try give out the right info abeg !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gracehayford1: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2021
No my passport is expiry 2024
Lianna2020:
That’s because your passport is expiring July 2022.
When you renew and send to ircc , it will be extended .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2021
Are you serious ? Then I don’t have an idea . I was judging based on mine , my program ends 2023 July but my counterfoil showed 2022 exact day of my when my pp will expire.

Gracehayford1:
No my passport is expiry 2024
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2021
She just responded surprised and sure of her own info which is still half truth.
You are not all the way wrong NSE route is stated 12months MBS as requirement for study Visa.

DestinationCann:
You could have stated your right information without sounding condescendingly annoying you know.

You need to learn how to pass your "right message" across without being appalling!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by funola: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Hello all,

Is asking for a updated LOA from IRCC a good sign for PPR .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2021
funola:
Hello all,

yes a very good sign. Congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NgumimiT: 8:42am On Sep 16, 2021
Readytowear:
Morning house
Plz gurus in the house

If that’s the reason I doubt it would be in your gcms notes because it’s rather discriminatory and you could take legal action against them.

You should still order your notes to find out why you were rejected though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 16, 2021
Thank you
lobinche101:
PERSONAL TRAVEL ALLOWANCE. IF YOU HAVE A RETURN TICKET ORIGINATING AND ENDING IN NIGERIA, YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BUY UP TO $4000 PER QUATER FROM THE BANK AT CBN RATE. VALID RETURN TICKET, VISA, OPERATING NAIRA ACCT ARE SOME OF THE DETAILS BANK WILL REQUEST FROM U

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2021
funola:
Hello all,

Yes, it is. I want to assume you've done upfront medicals. If yes, expect PPR once you send the updated LOA to them.

Congratulations in advance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dyce101(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2021
Readytowear:
Morning house
Plz gurus in the house

If your medicals shows passed,you don’t have any problem in that aspect with IRCC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Readytowear:
Morning house
Plz gurus in the house

What is the refusal reason? Did your medical show passed? If yes, then that is not the reason. Order your gcms note to find more details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.