Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855321 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
Genyc:
And it came to pass; woke up to PPR this morning
April 23rd applicant
The wait...............

Congratulations... It ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Asslady7: 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

While you await the response of the gurus

As an HND degree holder, you can't go for a Masters in Canada cos they require a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 2.1 with a strong last two years of study CGPA (e,g 400 L and 500 L CGPA)

Due to your age, you can't go for an Undergraduate degree.

Your best shot is to apply for a PG. CERT program related to media , journalism , communication, film production

That being said visit the links below and do your research on each programs, check the program overview, course curriculum (course outline of the program) admission intakes, tuition amount for international students etc. then apply for the one that suites you based on your academic background and work experience

PG. Cert in Film Production programs
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/500#100686841

Journalism (PG.CERT)
- PG. Cert in journalism & Communication
Holland College, Prince Edward Island
https://www.hollandcollege.com/programs/journalism-and-communications-post-graduate-certificate.html#program1

- PG Cert, Broadcast journalism – Television News
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

PG. Cert in journalism – New Media
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

journalism (Postgraduate)
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

PG. Cert in journalism – Arts and Entertainment
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Sports journalism (PG. Cert)

PG. Cert in Contemporary journalism
Centennial College, Toronto

The ON means ONTARIO

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a Canadian College for a PG. Cert program
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

If you are from NIGERIA, you don't need IELTS for admission, the IELTS requirement you see on Admission requirements of some programs are meant for Non-English speaking countries e.g Vietnam, India, China, Philippine etc.

But

if you know for your STUDY VISA APPLICATION, you want to go for the NIGERIA STUDENT EXPRESS (NSE) route, IELTS is needed

Good luck!!!!

Detailed shocked shocked thank you wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2021
funola:
PPR has landed...since September last year.

Congratulations..... What God cannot do does not exist. Go and excel in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
ayoslas88:
What God cannot do does not exist

The Eagle has landed

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2021
ayoslas88:
PPR Long post Alert after 4th attempt

This is my fourth Application..........

I applied 3times in the year 2018, and I was refused….

Glory and Adoration to almighty God for his grace. It is really a rough and tough journey..... I remember I wanted to commit suicide after they refused my second attempt......

Timeline
1.Application submission: April 24th, 2021
2.Original Passport request: September 20th 2021
3.Bvl: September 15th, 2021
4.NSE request: May 13th...

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOD CANNOT DO

Congratulations, you perseverance and doggedness paid off by God.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
daddy:
Original Passport Request today. First time application. It can only be God. I will return latter to give full details. Good luck all.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2021
onomss:
Lion of Judah has prevailed, he has prevailed.
God has shown me mercy, I have my evidence.
Protocol breaker has done what he does best.
God did it.
Psalm 40:3
My PPR is here.
#May7thApplicant

Congratulations..... God did it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
nairagrounds:
I got a medical request this morning. They’ve booked out slots on Qlife. How can I expedite my medicals please?

Go there with you medical request letter, they will get you a closer date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
PPR alert today!!!! May 13,2021 applicant.
10 years study gap.
First time applicant and the following documents were submitted.
Ielts General ( expired 2 months after submission)
1 year Statements of account and fixed deposit investment advice
Evidence of deposit payment for tuition CAD9k
Admission letter
BSc (Nigeria) and MSc (UK) certificates
Valid international passport
Police report and affidavit for stolen international passports
Stamped pages of international passports
Employment letters
Letter of introduction from current employer
Landed property documents
Certificate of motor insurance
Letter of explanation prepared by me and reviewed by my siblings
Medicals - I didn’t submit upfront Medicals until August 2021 as a result of ignorance. Learnt on this platform the importance of upfront medicals.
I have an MSc certificate in international business and management while I received an offer to study employment relations in MUN, Newfoundland. I have 10 years banking experience.

To God be the glory! I pray that you all receive good news regarding your applications.

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
Madeincanada:
10 years study gap.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
Madeincanada:
10 years study gap.
Admission letter
Employment letters
Medicals - I didn’t submit upfront Medicals until August 2021 as a result of ignorance. Learnt on this platform the importance of upfront medicals.
I have an MSc certificate in international business and management while I received an offer to study employment relations in MUN, Newfoundland. I have 10 years banking experience.

To God be the glory! I pray that you all receive good news regarding your applications.

Congratulatuons, you are blessed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 11:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
DestinationCann:
Who else ordered for GCMS notes in August and haven't received it?

I ordered since 8th of August and it's not out yet cry cry
Same here, I was sent this email yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 11:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
Thaiy:

Thank you.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
onomss:
Timeline
First Time Applicant

Application Submitted - May 7th 2021
Biometrics Request- May 8th
Biometrics done and passed - May 10th
NSE request - May 13th (ignored)
Upfront medical - June 10th
Medical Passed -June 15th
Letters Explaining NSE refusal - July 1st
Eligibility review - September 13th or 14th
BVL - September 15th
PPR - September 20th

Documents submitted
All Required IMM forms
Admission letter and school fees schedule
Passport photograph
International passport (expired and new)
Expired visas (Dubai and Ghana)
Father’s 6 months bank statement (4.4million)
Rent receipts ( few from different years)
Affidavit of sponsorship (father)
Letter of sponsorship (father)
House documents ( 2 properties)
SOP (4 pages)
Resume
B.Sc Degree certificate
Awards from University and Department
HR Online course certificates (3)
WAEC
NYSC Certificate
Police clearance
Recommendation from NYSC employer
NYSC PPA acceptance letter
NYSC PPA ID
Birth certificate
Bible school certificate (WOLBI) Salvation Ministries.
Father’s birth certificate
Mother’s birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate (2)
Father’s business documents

I’m dumbfounded. If this isn’t God then I don’t know who. No man can boost to be the doer. No fees paid, money in the account doesn’t even cover fees and the mandatory 10k cad. God showed up for me and I don’t take it for granted. About a week before submitting my application, a lump sum of 5million was deposited into my father’s account because before then the account was in almost zero balance. My father took out over 500k and I submitted the rest. The statement was printed 19th April and I submitted May 7th. After submission that was when I remembered I didn’t explain where the money came from in my SOP. God showed me mercy. While filling one of the IMM forms, the one that requires applicants to fill tuition, living expenses and others, I was really confused. After inputting my first year tuition fee and the mandatory 10k cad I didn’t even know what figure to put for others. This is because if I sum up all the figures, it will exceed my 4.4m POF. I sha added 2k cad for others or so. My bank statement wasn’t added. I graduated in 2015 didn’t add any work related stuff because I’ve been in between jobs and most didn’t align with my career asides from NYSC. The only thing I said in my SOP to cover my study gap and lack of personal funds was .. “I’m helping my father with my HR educational knowledge to grow his business”. So, the message was I’m working with my father. I Didn’t submit employment letter on this neither did I submit pay stubs. I wasn’t getting any serious pay because the firm is still growing. More like a family business.
Age - 30years
School - MUN

During the long wait I sent countless webforms and emails at some point I got scared because I guessed I was going overboard. I contacted different MPs none came through. However, my God showed up in his time.

After my BVL dropped on the 15th another wait began. I was confident God was perfecting it. So today I decided to send my new letter of acceptance. I had it for about a week now but didn’t want to send it till after approval. Same today my PPR dropped

If God can make this happen for me despite all my flaws then he can come through for anyone. If it’s about qualification, then I’m not close to qualified. Keep believing in him. In this journey radical faith is required. Absolute dependency on God. Everyone will testify soon. God doesn’t do abandoned projects.

Thanks to everyone helping on this thread. Every info I know was obtained here.MI did my application myself from start to finish, all
from the infos I got here. May God’s reward be evident in your lives. For those delayed God needs you to trust him again. Those waiting your time is NOW. Amen

More testimonies loading. Amen In Jesus mighty name.
This is a perfect example of What God cannot do, does not exist.Congrats man.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laborah(f): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As an HND degree holder, you can't go for a Masters in Canada cos they require a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 2.1 with a strong last two years of study CGPA (e,g 400 L and 500 L CGPA)

Your best shot is to apply for a PG. CERT program related to media , journalism , communication, film production

That being said visit the links below and do your research on each programs, check the program overview, course curriculum (course outline of the program) admission intakes, tuition amount for international students etc. then apply for the one that suites you based on your academic background and work experience

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/500#100686841

Journalism (PG.CERT)
https://www.hollandcollege.com/programs/journalism-and-communications-post-graduate-certificate.html#program1

The ON means ONTARIO

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a Canadian College for a PG. Cert program
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

If you are from NIGERIA, you don't need IELTS for admission, the IELTS requirement you see on Admission requirements of some programs are meant for Non-English speaking countries e.g Vietnam, India, China, Philippine etc.

But

if you know for your STUDY VISA APPLICATION, you want to go for the NIGERIA STUDENT EXPRESS (NSE) route, IELTS is needed

Good luck!!!!

Please apart from NSE which other route

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by favourdamsel: 12:23am On Sep 21, 2021
onomss:
Timeline
First Time Applicant

Application Submitted - May 7th 2021
Biometrics Request- May 8th
Biometrics done and passed - May 10th
NSE request - May 13th (ignored)
Upfront medical - June 10th
Medical Passed -June 15th
Letters Explaining NSE refusal - July 1st
Eligibility review - September 13th or 14th
BVL - September 15th
PPR - September 20th

Documents submitted
All Required IMM forms
Admission letter and school fees schedule
Passport photograph
International passport (expired and new)
Expired visas (Dubai and Ghana)
Father’s 6 months bank statement (4.4million)
Rent receipts ( few from different years)
Affidavit of sponsorship (father)
Letter of sponsorship (father)
House documents ( 2 properties)
SOP (4 pages)
Resume
B.Sc Degree certificate
Awards from University and Department
HR Online course certificates (3)
WAEC
NYSC Certificate
Police clearance
Recommendation from NYSC employer
NYSC PPA acceptance letter
NYSC PPA ID
Birth certificate
Bible school certificate (WOLBI) Salvation Ministries.
Father’s birth certificate
Mother’s birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate (2)
Father’s business documents

I’m dumbfounded. If this isn’t God then I don’t know who. No man can boost to be the doer. No fees paid, money in the account doesn’t even cover fees and the mandatory 10k cad. God showed up for me and I don’t take it for granted. About a week before submitting my application, a lump sum of 5million was deposited into my father’s account because before then the account was in almost zero balance. My father took out over 500k and I submitted the rest. The statement was printed 19th April and I submitted May 7th. After submission that was when I remembered I didn’t explain where the money came from in my SOP. God showed me mercy. While filling one of the IMM forms, the one that requires applicants to fill tuition, living expenses and others, I was really confused. After inputting my first year tuition fee and the mandatory 10k cad I didn’t even know what figure to put for others. This is because if I sum up all the figures, it will exceed my 4.4m POF. I sha added 2k cad for others or so. My bank statement wasn’t added. I graduated in 2015 didn’t add any work related stuff because I’ve been in between jobs and most didn’t align with my career asides from NYSC. The only thing I said in my SOP to cover my study gap and lack of personal funds was .. “I’m helping my father with my HR educational knowledge to grow his business”. So, the message was I’m working with my father. I Didn’t submit employment letter on this neither did I submit pay stubs. I wasn’t getting any serious pay because the firm is still growing. More like a family business.
Age - 30years
School - MUN

During the long wait I sent countless webforms and emails at some point I got scared because I guessed I was going overboard. I contacted different MPs none came through. However, my God showed up in his time.

After my BVL dropped on the 15th another wait began. I was confident God was perfecting it. So today I decided to send my new letter of acceptance. I had it for about a week now but didn’t want to send it till after approval. Same today my PPR dropped

If God can make this happen for me despite all my flaws then he can come through for anyone. If it’s about qualification, then I’m not close to qualified. Keep believing in him. In this journey radical faith is required. Absolute dependency on God. Everyone will testify soon. God doesn’t do abandoned projects.

Thanks to everyone helping on this thread. Every info I know was obtained here.MI did my application myself from start to finish, all
from the infos I got here. May God’s reward be evident in your lives. For those delayed God needs you to trust him again. Those waiting your time is NOW. Amen

More testimonies loading. Amen In Jesus mighty name.

Keying to your testimony. Testimony works. As it as worked for you. God is perfecting my testimony. In Jesus Name Amen. Congratulations Onoms

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Asslady7: 12:57am On Sep 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Journalism (PG.CERT)

The ON means ONTARIO

But

Good luck!!!!

I tried sending a message.. I guess I need more time to study how this platform works .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EzekielMab(m): 12:58am On Sep 21, 2021
Hello guys, good evening.

Pls someone I know is going for undergraduate course and it's for 4 years.

However, his passport will expire in 2 years. Can he get another one and it will be stamped?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by akoko123: 1:30am On Sep 21, 2021
Hello Guys,
Got 3rd refusal today based on financial grounds.
I provided 3rdbparty sponsor and made 9k tuition.deposit.
Though the sponsor provided me with funds in my account 8m, which sat in my account since sept 2020. thats like a year.
My gcms notes received last week stated that I have enough funds but VO raised concern over relationship with sponsor.
I immediately sent webform 10th sept with evidence of relationship but not sure it was updated before final decision.

I intend to reapply but I want to know if I can now claim self sponsor since the over 1 yr fund of 8m still in my acc and already deposited 9k tuition to school since last sept. or should I fill my sponsor as co-sponsor this time around?

Any advice please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 21, 2021
Please contact iom. Trust me you will get an earlier date. Send an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int attach you passport and request and wait on their reply. Qlife gave me 12th of Oct but iom gave me the 22nd of Sept.

Thaiy:

Go there with you medical request letter, they will get you a closer date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ritzzybaron: 2:40am On Sep 21, 2021
Loooool! Yeah! You’re so on point. Writing it himself is no big deal really.
demmyg4real:

In my own opinion, I think is what olarewaju can write as there isn't any big deal about, she should just ask for guidance no need wanting unavailable funds.

So olarewaju, as a brother (elder or under) I challenge you to write it yourself and submit on peace . grin grin grin

We moveeee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ritzzybaron: 2:45am On Sep 21, 2021
Send a Webform to Nairobi office and plead with them to release your file to the 3rd party GCM service. That’s what I did before my notes dropped.
atiteb4:
mine is since August 6, no update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Consty92(f): 3:08am On Sep 21, 2021
Henriie:
Please contact iom. Trust me you will get an earlier date. Send an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int attach you passport and request and wait on their reply. Qlife gave me 12th of Oct but iom gave me the 22nd of Sept.

please does anyone what to swap September or October medical appointment with a November appointment at IOM?�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 3:23am On Sep 21, 2021
congrat
Teemenzo:

Congratulatuons, you are blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stephblues(f): 3:36am On Sep 21, 2021
Congratulations. So happy for you.
Madeincanada:
10 years study gap.
Admission letter
Employment letters

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.