Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (946498 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dofrenzy:
For those that have received their visas and are traveling. Make the joy of visa no make you fall mugu. I came across this post and will share it here.

Luggage experience in a plane.

The older lady comes and sits next to me inside the plane. She asked me to help her put her bag in the overhead luggage compartment. But a gentleman sitting across quickly came through. (I am not very tall and the overhead luggage compartment is something I try to avoid at all costs.
Immediately she sits down strikes up a conversation. She was very pleasant and well spoken. So we chatted all through the flight to Dubai.
Suddenly, when the pilot announced that we were now proceeding to begin our descent into DXB, my good friend 'developed' stomach pains. Me with my good heart, I pressed the stewards button, and the stewardess came to find out what the problem was. I told her my seat mate was not feeling well. And this lady, she suddenly began to address me as 'my daughter'. The stewardess told me that there was nothing they could do except give her some painkillers and wait until we landed. The pilot announced that we had a medical emergency on board and advised us all to stay calm. My new friend was crying and sweating like crazy. And she refused to let go of my hand... everyone assumed we knew each other.
So we land at DXB and the same gentleman who helped remove her luggage from the overhead compartment removed her luggage. But as he removed the luggage, he advised me to distance myself from this lady and make it clear to the cabin crew that we were NOT travelling together. He was a godsend!
So indeed, the cabin crew came and asked me if we were related, I categorically told them we had met on the plane. I didn't know her at all. So we began to deplane and as I said goodbye she kept begging me to carry her handbag. I was so torn... but the gentleman looked me in the eye and emphatically shook his head. He passed me a note telling me to let the cabin crew handle her.
So I exit the aircraft and leave my 'new friend' to wait for the wheelchair and be handled by the cabin crew feeling very guilty.
As we waited for our luggage to come through, I hear this commotion. My 'new friend' was running, trying to escape the cabin crew, having gotten out of the wheelchair! She left the stewardess with her handbag and just ran towards the exit with the rest of her hand luggage! Luckily the airport police were faster than her. They got hold of her and brought her back in handcuffs.
This lady starts calling out to me.. my daughter... my daughter!.. how could you do this to me..... that's when I caught on. She was carrying drugs and she was trying to implicate me!
Luckily for me, the gentleman who had helped her with her luggage came forward and told the airport police that me and her had just met on the plane. The police took my passport and asked her to reveal my full names if it was true we were travelling together. By God's grace, I had not even told her my first name! I was still asked to follow the police to a little room where I was questioned extensively. Where did I meet her?... where did I board... where did she board. Etc... And my luggage was extensively searched and dusted for fingerprints.
They dusted all her luggage and my fingerprints were not found anywhere on her luggage or on her handbag!
I was let go with advice never ever to get touch anyone's luggage either in flight or at the airport. So from that day, I don't care how much luggage you have, you will deal with it yourself. I will not even offer you a trolley to put your luggage on! Your luggage... your problem.... is my policy. And if you can't reach the overhead compartment, and I am the nearest person, please call the cabin crew because all I will do is give you a blank stare and then look away!

#inspiration_life_quotes_saying_and_lessons

*Posted As Copied*

OmoooX10000
God saved this writer. Imagine suffering for what you don't know about.

From the airport in nigeria too, you will see them codely asking you if you are travelling to a particular destination so you can help them deliver "clothes " and the person will pick up at the other side. All na wash!!!

See how good Samaritan work wan send person enter jail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mummy4life1: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
philit22:

April 14th. It’s not easy atal
Mine is April 26th. God of PPR, answer us by your mercy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kaydelegend01: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
I always pity all the waiters in the house. Sincerely its not easy at all. I have never waited for anything like this in my life lol. May 13th applicant, on God...we shall get our pprs by His grace, even sooner than we think.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kaydelegend01:
I always pity all the waiters in the house. Sincerely its not easy at all. I have never waited for anything like this in my life lol. May 13th applicant, on God...we shall get our pprs by His grace, even sooner than we think.

May 15th, starting classes this new week and this whole visa thing is messing with my head. I just tire

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Blavkmaann: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
New thread!

I can’t believe I started from thread 15

Now we’re here

We suppose dey get set o, I was approved in thread 17

Which thread were you approved?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gottigoodgood: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
viviangogos:
This should not be a problem. My friend landed on the 24th if August at Toronto airport, got her SP there and could not get her SIN cause she landed late. Then proceeded to Calgary ( her school is University of Calgary). Also considering she is fully vaccinated so there was no quarantine plan. so if she had friends in Toronto that she would love to see, no one will stop you shaa. Just ensure you get your SP and SIN, cause for me this should not be any issue at all.

Thank you Viviangogos
Your friend had a connecting flight to Calgary? How long layover she had in Toronto?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fluxyn(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
I applied for myself and my spouse and submitted together.
You will choose that you want to apply for family members ( you will pick yes when the question pops up)
I think the rest are with the instructions.
Leyemoshood:
Hello house, who has submitted a family application (student, spouse and child) recently? Did you submit all at once or you submitted one by one for each family member?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
If I knew it'd be like it, I'd have opted for another country�‍♂�‍♂

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
fluxyn:
Please oo. I applied for SP and SOWP for my spouse. Only my BIL came. Is this normal or do I reach out to them. Can anyone who applied wit their spouse she some light for me please?

It's kinda normal especially if you're the only one that would get a decision at this time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Thanks and Amen!

According to my offer letter, as a new international student, my tuition deposit was my full first semester fee, which I paid and presented the receipt at the Canadian POE.

Hope this helps.

Alright
Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
Enjay316:
masters in Canada is usually 2 years .The thing with self sponsorship is that you must have your full school fees ,ur living expenses and like 3000CAD for transportation and miscellaneous in your account or give a valid explanation on how the money will come with substantial evidence. so if u got that covered, u r good to go.

This is incorrect. There a several one year masters degree programs in Canada. Masters in Canada is not usually two years please .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Naturalobserver(m): 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
philit22:

April 14th. It’s not easy atal
April 14th too.Grace will speak for us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stephblues(f): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
I joined in thread 19 and got approved on the same thread.

Blavkmaann:
New thread!

I can’t believe I started from thread 15

Now we’re here

We suppose dey get set o, I was approved in thread 17

Which thread were you approved?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Blazca:
If I knew it'd be like it, I'd have opted for another country�‍♂�‍♂

Sorry about the delay, by God's grace the outcome will favour you. Delay is not denial!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
I feel like people should condition their minds back to the former status quo of waiting for 3 months before getting outcome from IRCC, by so doing, you wont put yourself under pressure. It is also pertinent to state that people apply early so there would be enough interval between admission and visa. It will end in praise for us all in Jesus' name.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thanks
Leyemoshood:

Sorry about the delay, by God's grace the outcome will favour you. Delay is not denial!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SKAdisenu: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good evening to you all.. I really need your advise. Please I was to apply with my little girl but I could not submit the application together so I submitted mine alone with all the needed documents. Please how do I submit the visitor application for her since she is just 3 years old. Do I use the same GCkey or a different one. Any response will be greatly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
It's not easy to condition mind sha lol

People apply early and are still waiting, some Feb/March applicants are still waiting. And one can only apply when admission is gotten, some schools delay in that regard. It's all in God's hands.

Leyemoshood:
I feel like people should condition their minds back to the former status quo of waiting for 3 months before getting outcome from IRCC, by so doing, you wont put yourself under pressure. It is also pertinent to state that people apply early so there would be enough interval between admission and visa. It will end in praise for us all in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 12:08am On Aug 29, 2021
my school starts in 2 weeks time still no update, just medical passed since 3rd August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 1:01am On Aug 29, 2021
Amicableoga:

Does getting SIN have any connection with Nigerian NIN?

No, not connected.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 1:04am On Aug 29, 2021
sweet2blv:
Thanks to all great minds who are impacting lives positively. You all are doing much more than the Presidency:

For MEng in UAlberta,Uwaterloo,UCalgary where a 3 Credit course cost CAD 1,800 on the average and its expected to take 8 compulsory courses with 3 electives. Want to know if CAD 30,000 is good to start with the tuition and other expenses.
Like how much do I need to have for a courses base master in any of these institutions?

There tuition should be on the school websites, it may also vary for different fields (business management and engineering may be more expensive).

Just add about 12000 CAD as living expenses and miscellaneous.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 4:23am On Aug 29, 2021
Amicableoga:
Pls am looking for a school that offer PGD in electrical engineering technology . I am seeing only advanced diploma own.

Conestoga College, Ontario
- Embedded Systems Development (Optional Co-op) (2 years PGC-Post Graduate Certificate Program)

Fanshawe College, Ontario
PGC, Electronics and Embedded Systems Development

Fleming College, Ontario
PGC Mechatronics

PG. Cert, Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management

PG. Cert, Applied Energy Management

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 5:26am On Aug 29, 2021
SKAdisenu:
Good evening to you all.. I really need your advise. Please I was to apply with my little girl but I could not submit the application together so I submitted mine alone with all the needed documents. Please how do I submit the visitor application for her since she is just 3 years old. Do I use the same GCkey or a different one. Any response will be greatly appreciated
You can use the same GCKey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SKAdisenu: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2021
shupy:

You can use the same GCKey.

Thanks much for your response . Am on it currently so what document do I use for the invitation letter section
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hdior(f): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2021
Please help house.

hdior:
Hello, our lovely gurus here. Please I need your help.

What program would you advise me to go for? First degree Engineering and MBA (Business Admin) with over 10 years of Banking experience in operations and customer services.
Can I go for another Masters program or PG Certificate?
If yes, What Program can I go for?

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Seun541: 7:44am On Aug 29, 2021
Congratulations.

Please, which of Nairobi emails did you message and summary of what you sent to them..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2021
hdior:
Please help house.

you really need d gurus on this but 10 years in the bank, i think you should go that lane because going through your engineering line will requires lots of SOP work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Seun541: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2021
Congratulations.

Please, which of Nairobi emails did you message and summary of what you sent to them..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2021
SKAdisenu:

Thanks much for your response . Am on it currently so what document do I use for the invitation letter section
I'm sorry I am not familiar with the documentation requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by honorableron(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2021
Hello fellas....

So I got my ppr last week and just sent my passport for stamping.

But the thing is my program is for only fall and from all indication considering my passport not stamped yet and schools say I have to be in class by sept 1 else I defer to next fall.

My question

Hope my visa will still be valid if I eventually want to go next fall.(sept 2022).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 8:39am On Aug 29, 2021
honorableron:
Hello fellas....

So I got my ppr last week and just sent my passport for stamping.

But the thing is my program is for only fall and from all indication considering my passport not stamped yet and schools say I have to be in class by sept 1 else I defer to next fall.

My question

Hope my visa will still be valid if I eventually want to go next fall.(sept 2022).

Can't you send an email to your school showing them evidence of your visa being approved and asking for the option of joining online for two weeks pending when you land?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.