Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851615 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 4:54am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello, please is there anyone coming to Guelph Ontario and needs a room mate, pls DM me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ayoslas88: 5:28am On Aug 28, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Congratulations!

Ideally, your passport validity period should accommodate the length of the visa you are requesting for and beyond. Otherwise, you may not likely get the full length of the visa period requested. This is usually stated on the PPR letter.

As other members have noted, renewal is out of the question now, because your PPR has a 30 days deadline.

Submit and hope for the best.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION:

After landing in Canada, I think you can renew and apply for visa extension. However, there may be a pitfall here.
I read somewhere that when one renews a passport with a valid Canadian visa, you cannot use that visa but rather you will have to apply for a fresh one. Please, I cannot verify this. I hope it is “NOT TRUE”. Just giving you a heads up. Kindly make your research and know what to expect.

Congratulations once again and all the best.

I sincerely hope this helps.
Pls, supposing I have my renewed passport already, is it a must I send it to ircc, or I can just use it directly when I get my passport request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 5:56am On Aug 28, 2021
KellyKk:

You did but they convince me with lies and I lose money to touts and even paid for parking space

Paying for parking space is not being scammed Nah. Una wan park 4 free b4 ni grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 6:02am On Aug 28, 2021
[quote author=makano post=105245340]Normally, an applicant should get a mail notification for a medical request..

But with the recent "irregularities" in which IRCC operates, i.e Getting an Approval without the applicant doing any sort of medicals and also an applicant getting approval without Eligibility starting, then I am allowed to conclude that your question can be possible....

But the normal procedure is the applicant getting a mail notification once Medical request drops...

Peace

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 6:08am On Aug 28, 2021
recXaly:

Hi, in my school we have something called Verification of enrolment and this is everything that is in it

Ehn, it's the same thing then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ayoslas88: 6:15am On Aug 28, 2021
Good morning guys
Pls I can’t find my yellow biometric slip….. it has been long I did biometric in lagos(2018).
Can I use my Bvl in replacement?

Though I am still expecting my PPR, April 24th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 6:15am On Aug 28, 2021
theboyy:
If you plan on taking the vaccine omo gear up because this fever na die

When and where did you take yours pls. I wanna take mine as well (hopefully J&J)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Unbin: 6:19am On Aug 28, 2021
Were you issued visa as at 2018 when you did your biometric?

ayoslas88:
Good morning guys
Pls I can’t find my yellow biometric slip….. it has been long I did biometric in lagos(2018).
Can I use my Bvl in replacement?

Though I am still expecting my PPR, April 24th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 6:36am On Aug 28, 2021
JosephYemsol:

When and where did you take yours pls. I wanna take mine as well (hopefully J&J)

Took mine at kajola health center at fadeyi, i don’t think J & J is available but moderna is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ayoslas88: 6:48am On Aug 28, 2021
Unbin:
Were you issued visa as at 2018 when you did your biometric?

No, I was refused at 2018…… I did my biometric at lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fluxyn(m): 7:41am On Aug 28, 2021
Hey guy. I applied for Canada study permit and SOWP for my spouse in one application. I got my BIL but my spouse didn’t get. Please is this normal? And how long till she get or should I raise a form?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 7:42am On Aug 28, 2021
Please is this the normal reply??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2021
Lizabeth36:
March 9th...the wait is unbearable.. seeing May applicants getting response makes me feel like my application has been abandoned ��

Rejoice for salvation is near

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amicableoga: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2021
SuomyNona:
Wow a new thread. May all our desires be granted.

Landing Gist...

So I booked Lufthansa/Air Canada (Lagos to Frankfurt to Montreal to Toronto). Don't let me bore you with the details, I will just highlight the key points.

Pre Departure

1) While searching for airlines to book, I discovered that Google Flight is the best tool to use. You can easily input your details, unlist unwanted connecting airports in the US due to there transit visa requirements and know the best flight fare for your trip directly from the airlines. The only issue is that for the major airlines you may have to book with USD on the airline site after selecting from Google Flight.

2) Thank you for the person that recommended SynLab Ibadan (₦50,400). I did my Covid test with them and got the result before 7 AM the next day.

3) If you are at MMA, Lufthansa and Qatar airways stand is close to gate A. So you can drop at gate A to save you stress.

4) Ignore the agricultural whatever people, simply tell them you have no agricultural product. I told them I am a student and na book full my woven bag. It worked. Also, I seem to have exhausted all my naira before going in, I ended up not tipping all those that asked for "show us love". Na only smile I gave them.

5) Weighing your bags on the day you are leaving before getting to the airport is advisable. Removing your loads and rearranging to cut down weight can be stressful and disjointed. Prioritize what you need most and make sure you are within the weight limit before arriving at the airport.

Post departure

1) My flight landed in Montreal from Frankfurt and I collected my study permit at Montreal. It is quite an easy process, I am fully vaccinated so exempted from quarantine and exempted from arrival covid testing.

2) Don't exchange your USD at the airport. The airport rate I saw was about 1USD to 1.10 CAD.

when you open a bank account upon arrival, you can deposit in for 1 USD to 1.22 CAD at the bank branch. And withdraw CAD with your new ATM.

3) For those taking this route (Lagos-Frankfurt-Montreal-Toronto), you will have to get your study permit and pick up your luggages before proceeding to Toronto. It may take up time, but don't worry your connecting flights to Toronto will be rescheduled at no cost to the nearest flight to the time you are done.

I was worried about it too, but it worked out well.

4) I booked an Uber with my GTbank naira ATM card upon arriving at Toronto.

Note that the app pickup exit is on the ground floor at Pearson, you will have to take an elevator to the ground floor. App pick-up is quite cheaper than airport taxi.

First Day in Toronto

1) I was able to get my SIN and open a bank account the next day. Both took about 2 hrs. SIN registration was done at Service Canada on College Street, I met about 5 people on the queue. All major banks have a branch on that street too and are close to Service Canada. So you can get a bank account same day. You can do both process without having a Canadian number yet.

2) Don't be in a rush to sign up for a cellular network. Ask around to know the coverage available in your area and the best rate. I found out that Public Mobile and Freedom are the most reasonable costwise in Toronto. They have 15CAD per month plan and 25CAD per month plan unlike the others with mostly about 40 to above 50 CAD plans.

3) Find someone around your locality to groom you on where to get most things you need. Don't get overwhelmed and take it one step at a time. Prioritize the necessity (Getting SIN, opening account, getting SIM, knowing where to get groceries).

To those expecting PPR, keep the hope alive. To those newly approved God will ease the travel preparation phase for you. To those arriving or newly arrived, God will guide our steps.

We shall all overcome.

Does getting SIN have any connection with Nigerian NIN?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enick: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2021
Is it possible for someone who graduated in 2014, Bsc program to get a study permit for a master's degree?

If I have the financial resources, can I sponsor myself?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amicableoga: 7:55am On Aug 28, 2021
Toopee:
Top of the morning to you. I want to request a refund at NSCC and the next resumption is September of next year, too long, I can't wait.

So, I want to apply to another school that's available for Winter.
I have a 2:2 in “English” and I chose to do a postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management. I'm now open to other courses.

With my B.A in English, what other courses should be considered and the schools that offer them.
Thank you.

Can one change University and programme if visa is denied? Or are we to stick to same school and program and reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ayoslas88: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2021
Amicableoga:

Can one change University and programme if visa is denied? Or are we to stick to same school and program and reapply?

U can change school, it is not compulsory to stick to one school., SUCCESS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Unbin: 8:08am On Aug 28, 2021
Your biometric is valid for 10years and when you log into your IRCC account, the validity period is noted in your application profile.

ayoslas88:

No, I was refused at 2018…… I did my biometric at lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johanneiyoha(f): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2021
Gud luck to all PPR expectants.
My thread for a testimony.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2021
lobinche101:
Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by wd2454418: 8:20am On Aug 28, 2021
lobinche101:

Pls
Yes it's a normal response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onomss: 8:32am On Aug 28, 2021
lobinche101:

Yes please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2021
Thank you so much

CHIKACIC:

See attached. Courtesy of a nairaland member.

The first is for Lagos and the second is for Abuja. The document requirements are applicable to both.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2021
This simply means your Medical result has been sent by the clinic to IRCC...

So expect an update from IRCC as regards your medicals..

PEACE
lobinche101:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Soleizzy(m): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2021
justwise:

At what cost?
I already paid tuition fee and my program is session based.if I defer which am not sure is possible, I will av 2 wait until fall next year..at what cost u meant what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:46am On Aug 28, 2021
Daylight23:
Please how did you go about sending your passport for stamping? I'm sending mine to Lagos.
I sent mine to Abuja.

If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Lagos , no fees is paid .
But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying Transmission fee of 8920 NGN to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

*Buy an envelope
*International Passport itself
*Two photocopies of your passport data page
*Your yellow or white biometrics slip (the document you received after doing Biometric)
*Passport request letter
*Consent form downloaded and signed (Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form)
*One plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number .

Print out receipts of the 8920 too

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2021
Please do you know which of them (Lagos or Abuja) processes faster. Also is the transmission fee paid when you send to a VFS location other than where you took Biometrics or is it a standard payment?
CHIKACIC:

See attached. Courtesy of a nairaland member.

The first is for Lagos and the second is for Abuja. The document requirements are applicable to both.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 8:49am On Aug 28, 2021
Very detailed! Thank you so much
gracedson:
I sent mine to Abuja.

But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying Transmission fee of 8200 NGN to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

*Buy an envelope
*Your yellow or white biometrics slip (the document you received after doing Biometric)
*Passport request letter
*Consent form downloaded and signed (Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form)

Print out receipts of the 8200 too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2021
Please have you gotten it back? Is Abuja faster?
gracedson:
I sent mine to Abuja.

But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying Transmission fee of 8200 NGN to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

*Buy an envelope
*Passport request letter

Print out receipts of the 8200 too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 8:54am On Aug 28, 2021
Lizabeth36:
March 9th...the wait is unbearable.. seeing May applicants getting response makes me feel like my application has been abandoned ��

March 19th here. Did you order gcms note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lizabeth36(f): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2021
Amen... thanks so much

lobinche101:

Rejoice for salvation is near
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lizabeth36(f): 9:00am On Aug 28, 2021
Nooo. Did u?

Legacyedition:

March 19th here. Did you order gcms note?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.