Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856376 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmy4Gold: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2021
handsondeck:

Yes
thank you @ handsondeck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fluxyn(m): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2021
Please oo. I applied for SP and SOWP for my spouse. Only my BIL came. Is this normal or do I reach out to them. Can anyone who applied wit their spouse she some light for me please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omounique: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2021
kunbeeee:
Wawu! A new thread. Congratulations to all those who have received their PPRs, may Canada favour you all. To all those who were delayed, please do not give up, order your GCMS notes (if you have not done so already), address the issues raised and reapply.

Here to give my Landing Gist o.. as e dey hot.

School: Mcmaster University, Hamilton Ontario

Flight Details: Lufthansa, 21st August

Covid test: I did my Pre-departure PCR test with Medicaid in Ibadan on Thursday 19th August, 2021. The results were sent to my mail in the early hours of Saturday, 21st August.

ArriveCAN: After confirming negative PCR test, I downloaded the ArriveCAN app on my mobile phone & answered all the questions asked (flight details, passport information, vaccination status, PCR test results, quarantine plans etc.). After completing the form, I took a screenshot of the ArriveCAN receipt for future reference.
** Because somebody here already advised to register at the Switch Health Website if you will be landing in Toronto, as it makes the pre arrival testing process faster, I also did this. You can register here https://www.switchhealth.ca/en/travel/pearson/ **

Documents: Before heading to the airport, I printed the following documents:
• PCR test result
• Enrolment letter
• Study Permit Approval Letter
• Proof of Tuition payment
• Acceptance letter
• Bank statements
• Rental agreement for where I will be staying during the 14 days quarantine

Check-in /Boarding process: I arrived at MMIA Lagos at about 4pm. I travelled with my boo and we had a total 4 check in bags, 2 cabin luggage as well as our back packs.
Upon entry in the airport, we were directed to the customs officials, who asked us what we have in our bags. Of course this was where we started being billed. LOL!
After this, we went to weigh our luggage. The weight limit for check in luggage was 23kg each. While that of cabin luggage and backpack were 8kg and 4kg respectively. All 4 of our check-in luggage were between 23.5kg and 24.5kg. Cabin luggage and backpacks were way above the limits but the person in charge was gracious enough to give us a pass sha. wink
** I was kuku expecting the person that will come and tell me to pay 6k for yellow card. So, I can use him or her to catch cruise. Alas, nobody showed up. **
Then we went for document verification. I was asked for my negative PCR test results, Passport as well as my enrolment letter. Because my enrolment letter did not state my date of resumption (September 7), I was asked for my class schedule and then I was cleared for boarding. We sha chilled in the airport till we boarded the flight at about 10pm.

Flight/Stopover: During the stopover in Frankfurt, I went through another document verification process where I tendered my negative PCR test results and my boarding pass.
If you will have a long layover in Frankfurt, you can take advantage of their Hollywood booths where you can watch selected movies for free. I slept wella here!!
Abeg, the flight to Toronto was very very bumpy and the guy seating behind me kept using his legs to push my chair. I almost changed it for the guy o embarassed.

Arrival in Canada: I did a self-verification which involved scanning my passport and answering some questions about purpose of visit, vaccination status, expected duration of stay in canada etc. Then a receipt was printed, which I had to use throughout the arrival process.
There were some very strict officers o. Telling people to stand aside and all. One girl was even sent back to the queue because she wasn’t wearing her mask properly. Me I was sha praying o, because I didn’t escape Buhari just to be sent back at POE. When it was my turn, I was asked for the receipt (from the self-verification process), my passport, purpose of visit, school & course name, vaccination status, enrolment letter, Arrivecan receipt, proof of accommodation for quarantine etc. Then I was told to go.
This part was funny, because I had seen the officers giving a paper to some people when they leave and I assumed this was the study permit. So, when the lady said I could go, I was like is that all? (In my mind, “Ogbeni, where is my study permit now?”) But turns out the paper was like a pamphlet for vaccinated people.
After this, I was separated from bae, because he is a PR. Then I was directed to another set of officers who actually issue the study permit. I was asked for my passport & acceptance letter, how much of tuition I have paid, where I will be quarantining etc. and then my study permit was given to me!!!
I went to get my luggage. I actually waited for my luggage for almost an hour. They kept apologizing for the delay through the PA system but luggage no come out. This was quite frustrating sha. After finally receiving my luggage, I went for the arrival PCR test. Guys!! This is where the registration at the switch health website is important o. If you see the long queue, I avoided just because I told them I was already registered. In-fact the whole testing process did not even take up to 10 minutes. So please, register at the website before travelling.

I know my gist is long but you people should manage it like that grin

Pls which course are you going for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmy4Gold: 11:43am On Aug 28, 2021
handsondeck:

Yes
please do they come on Saturdays
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hdior(f): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello, our lovely gurus here. Please I need your help.

What program would you advise me to go for? First degree Engineering and MBA (Business Admin) with over 10 years of Banking experience in operations and customer services.
Can I go for another Masters program or PG Certificate?
If yes, What Program can I go for?

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello house,
Has anyone received bvl on weekends?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2021
emmy4Gold:
Please have they resume the Covid vaccination exercise in Lagos

Yup

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 11:53am On Aug 28, 2021
ayoslas88:

Pls, supposing I have my renewed passport already, is it a must I send it to ircc, or I can just use it directly when I get my passport request.

Maybe you just attach both and send. Because the validity of your passport most times affects the length of the visa given to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
mamatee2:
Thank you very much gracedson for your prompt response. Please can I make the transmission fee payment ahead before going to drop my passport or should I wait till I get to DHL?

Make it before going to DHL, you know you’ll have to print the receipt and add to your file.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mamatee2: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
Merci beaucoup gracedson. God bless you.

gracedson:
Make it before going to DHL, you know you’ll have to print the receipt and add to your file.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gottigoodgood: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gottigoodgood:
Good day All,
After getting your student study permit, can you land in Canada at a different province than what was originally on the student permit application?

Please could someone clarify this for me? I applied for a school in Newfoundland but want to stop by some friends in Ontario when I land in Canada. Will the immigration officer at the port entry allow this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
Please all, i was given a PHD visa stamp of 13months because of my passport that will expire at that time. My question is will my wife get that same Duration or they will give her 4 years because the normal stay period should be 4 years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lizabeth36:
Is dre any progress or update at all?

Yes,

Recommend interview

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2021
Please what does recommend interview on gcms note means ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mummy4life1: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
emmy4Gold:
Please have they resume the Covid vaccination exercise in Lagos
Yes. I collected first dose on Thursday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jfrazzy(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lianna2020:
Your visa is on the way

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gottigoodgood:
Good day All,
After getting your student study permit, can you land in Canada at a different province than what was originally on the student permit application?
It's simply not advisable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gottigoodgood: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
shupy:

It's simply not advisable.

Thank you Shupy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2021
mamatee2:
Merci beaucoup gracedson. God bless you.

Thank you, Gracias.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enick: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thanks. This reply is a huge encouragement. I was having the fear that is would be a complete waste of time and resources, looking at the long study gap and that assumed "difficulty in seeking a study permit"

Faithyyyyy:

definitely. I applied for a study permit for a 2nd masters degree when my first degree was from 2009 and got my approval within a month.

my brother has a 13-year study gap and has also applied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
This should not be a problem. My friend landed on the 24th if August at Toronto airport, got her SP there and could not get her SIN cause she landed late. Then proceeded to Calgary ( her school is University of Calgary). Also considering she is fully vaccinated so there was no quarantine plan. so if she had friends in Toronto that she would love to see, no one will stop you shaa. Just ensure you get your SP and SIN, cause for me this should not be any issue at all.

Gottigoodgood:

Please could someone clarify this for me? I applied for a school in Newfoundland but want to stop by some friends in Ontario when I land in Canada. Will the immigration officer at the port entry allow this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lianna2020:

Hello lianna2020,
Congratulations in advance to who got that on their app.
I pray it ends positively.

See below!!

Recommend Interview - means a Case Analyst has reviewed the documents on your file, specifically every item based on criteria for eligibility. They put their comments and pass them on to a Senior Officer who is always very experienced for a secondary review and final verdict (Approval or Refusal). The comments of this senior or experienced officer are always noted close to the last page of the GCMS note.

#Copied

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
For those that have received their visas and are traveling. Make the joy of visa no make you fall mugu. I came across this post and will share it here.

Luggage experience in a plane.

The older lady comes and sits next to me inside the plane. She asked me to help her put her bag in the overhead luggage compartment. But a gentleman sitting across quickly came through. (I am not very tall and the overhead luggage compartment is something I try to avoid at all costs.
Immediately she sits down strikes up a conversation. She was very pleasant and well spoken. So we chatted all through the flight to Dubai.
Suddenly, when the pilot announced that we were now proceeding to begin our descent into DXB, my good friend 'developed' stomach pains. Me with my good heart, I pressed the stewards button, and the stewardess came to find out what the problem was. I told her my seat mate was not feeling well. And this lady, she suddenly began to address me as 'my daughter'. The stewardess told me that there was nothing they could do except give her some painkillers and wait until we landed. The pilot announced that we had a medical emergency on board and advised us all to stay calm. My new friend was crying and sweating like crazy. And she refused to let go of my hand... everyone assumed we knew each other.
So we land at DXB and the same gentleman who helped remove her luggage from the overhead compartment removed her luggage. But as he removed the luggage, he advised me to distance myself from this lady and make it clear to the cabin crew that we were NOT travelling together. He was a godsend!
So indeed, the cabin crew came and asked me if we were related, I categorically told them we had met on the plane. I didn't know her at all. So we began to deplane and as I said goodbye she kept begging me to carry her handbag. I was so torn... but the gentleman looked me in the eye and emphatically shook his head. He passed me a note telling me to let the cabin crew handle her.
So I exit the aircraft and leave my 'new friend' to wait for the wheelchair and be handled by the cabin crew feeling very guilty.
As we waited for our luggage to come through, I hear this commotion. My 'new friend' was running, trying to escape the cabin crew, having gotten out of the wheelchair! She left the stewardess with her handbag and just ran towards the exit with the rest of her hand luggage! Luckily the airport police were faster than her. They got hold of her and brought her back in handcuffs.
This lady starts calling out to me.. my daughter... my daughter!.. how could you do this to me..... that's when I caught on. She was carrying drugs and she was trying to implicate me!
Luckily for me, the gentleman who had helped her with her luggage came forward and told the airport police that me and her had just met on the plane. The police took my passport and asked her to reveal my full names if it was true we were travelling together. By God's grace, I had not even told her my first name! I was still asked to follow the police to a little room where I was questioned extensively. Where did I meet her?... where did I board... where did she board. Etc... And my luggage was extensively searched and dusted for fingerprints.
They dusted all her luggage and my fingerprints were not found anywhere on her luggage or on her handbag!
I was let go with advice never ever to get touch anyone's luggage either in flight or at the airport. So from that day, I don't care how much luggage you have, you will deal with it yourself. I will not even offer you a trolley to put your luggage on! Your luggage... your problem.... is my policy. And if you can't reach the overhead compartment, and I am the nearest person, please call the cabin crew because all I will do is give you a blank stare and then look away!

#inspiration_life_quotes_saying_and_lessons

*Posted As Copied*

48 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chikalouisa(f): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Pls I need help nairalanders, I did change of data and capturing on my international passport since May 31st in Abuja and till date I’ve not gotten my passport all I hear is it’s in production. I don’t know what to do pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
kunbeeee:
Wawu! A new thread. Congratulations to all those who have received their PPRs, may Canada favour you all. To all those who were delayed, please do not give up, order your GCMS notes (if you have not done so already), address the issues raised and reapply.

Here to give my Landing Gist o.. as e dey hot.

School: Mcmaster University, Hamilton Ontario

Flight Details: Lufthansa, 21st August

Covid test: I did my Pre-departure PCR test with Medicaid in Ibadan on Thursday 19th August, 2021. The results were sent to my mail in the early hours of Saturday, 21st August.

ArriveCAN: After confirming negative PCR test, I downloaded the ArriveCAN app on my mobile phone & answered all the questions asked (flight details, passport information, vaccination status, PCR test results, quarantine plans etc.). After completing the form, I took a screenshot of the ArriveCAN receipt for future reference.
** Because somebody here already advised to register at the Switch Health Website if you will be landing in Toronto, as it makes the pre arrival testing process faster, I also did this. You can register here https://www.switchhealth.ca/en/travel/pearson/ **

Documents: Before heading to the airport, I printed the following documents:
• PCR test result
• Enrolment letter
• Study Permit Approval Letter
• Proof of Tuition payment
• Acceptance letter
• Bank statements
• Rental agreement for where I will be staying during the 14 days quarantine

Check-in /Boarding process: I arrived at MMIA Lagos at about 4pm. I travelled with my boo and we had a total 4 check in bags, 2 cabin luggage as well as our back packs.
Upon entry in the airport, we were directed to the customs officials, who asked us what we have in our bags. Of course this was where we started being billed. LOL!
After this, we went to weigh our luggage. The weight limit for check in luggage was 23kg each. While that of cabin luggage and backpack were 8kg and 4kg respectively. All 4 of our check-in luggage were between 23.5kg and 24.5kg. Cabin luggage and backpacks were way above the limits but the person in charge was gracious enough to give us a pass sha. wink
** I was kuku expecting the person that will come and tell me to pay 6k for yellow card. So, I can use him or her to catch cruise. Alas, nobody showed up. **
Then we went for document verification. I was asked for my negative PCR test results, Passport as well as my enrolment letter. Because my enrolment letter did not state my date of resumption (September 7), I was asked for my class schedule and then I was cleared for boarding. We sha chilled in the airport till we boarded the flight at about 10pm.

Flight/Stopover: During the stopover in Frankfurt, I went through another document verification process where I tendered my negative PCR test results and my boarding pass.
If you will have a long layover in Frankfurt, you can take advantage of their Hollywood booths where you can watch selected movies for free. I slept wella here!!
Abeg, the flight to Toronto was very very bumpy and the guy seating behind me kept using his legs to push my chair. I almost changed it for the guy o embarassed.

Arrival in Canada: I did a self-verification which involved scanning my passport and answering some questions about purpose of visit, vaccination status, expected duration of stay in canada etc. Then a receipt was printed, which I had to use throughout the arrival process.
There were some very strict officers o. Telling people to stand aside and all. One girl was even sent back to the queue because she wasn’t wearing her mask properly. Me I was sha praying o, because I didn’t escape Buhari just to be sent back at POE. When it was my turn, I was asked for the receipt (from the self-verification process), my passport, purpose of visit, school & course name, vaccination status, enrolment letter, Arrivecan receipt, proof of accommodation for quarantine etc. Then I was told to go.
This part was funny, because I had seen the officers giving a paper to some people when they leave and I assumed this was the study permit. So, when the lady said I could go, I was like is that all? (In my mind, “Ogbeni, where is my study permit now?”) But turns out the paper was like a pamphlet for vaccinated people.
After this, I was separated from bae, because he is a PR. Then I was directed to another set of officers who actually issue the study permit. I was asked for my passport & acceptance letter, how much of tuition I have paid, where I will be quarantining etc. and then my study permit was given to me!!!
I went to get my luggage. I actually waited for my luggage for almost an hour. They kept apologizing for the delay through the PA system but luggage no come out. This was quite frustrating sha. After finally receiving my luggage, I went for the arrival PCR test. Guys!! This is where the registration at the switch health website is important o. If you see the long queue, I avoided just because I told them I was already registered. In-fact the whole testing process did not even take up to 10 minutes. So please, register at the website before travelling.

I know my gist is long but you people should manage it like that grin

Congrats .... Did IRCC demand for Ielts ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by handsondeck: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
emmy4Gold:
please do they come on Saturdays

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
Iphielove11:
March 10th. I don't know how I feel anymore

April 14th. It’s not easy atal

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
GodsGabby:

Hello lianna2020,
Congratulations in advance to who got that on their app.
I pray it ends positively.

See below!!

Recommend Interview - means a Case Analyst has reviewed the documents on your file, specifically every item based on criteria for eligibility. They put their comments and pass them on to a Senior Officer who is always very experienced for a secondary review and final verdict (Approval or Refusal). The comments of this senior or experienced officer are always noted close to the last page of the GCMS note.

#Copied

What is the difference between Recommend Interview and Review Required
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dofrenzy:
For those that have received their visas and are traveling. Make the joy of visa no make you fall mugu. I came across this post and will share it here.

The older lady comes and sits next to me inside the plane. She asked me to help her put her bag in the overhead luggage compartment. But a gentleman sitting across quickly came through. (I am not very tall and the overhead luggage compartment is something I try to avoid at all costs.
Immediately she sits down strikes up a conversation. She was very pleasant and well spoken. So we chatted all through the flight to Dubai.
Suddenly, when the pilot announced that we were now proceeding to begin our descent into DXB, my good friend 'developed' stomach pains. Me with my good heart, I pressed the stewards button, and the stewardess came to find out what the problem was. I told her my seat mate was not feeling well. And this lady, she suddenly began to address me as 'my daughter'. The stewardess told me that there was nothing they could do except give her some painkillers and wait until we landed. The pilot announced that we had a medical emergency on board and advised us all to stay calm. My new friend was crying and sweating like crazy. And she refused to let go of my hand... everyone assumed we knew each other.
So we land at DXB and the same gentleman who helped remove her luggage from the overhead compartment removed her luggage. But as he removed the luggage, he advised me to distance myself from this lady and make it clear to the cabin crew that we were NOT travelling together. He was a godsend!
So indeed, the cabin crew came and asked me if we were related, I categorically told them we had met on the plane. I didn't know her at all. So we began to deplane and as I said goodbye she kept begging me to carry her handbag. I was so torn... but the gentleman looked me in the eye and emphatically shook his head. He passed me a note telling me to let the cabin crew handle her.
So I exit the aircraft and leave my 'new friend' to wait for the wheelchair and be handled by the cabin crew feeling very guilty.
As we waited for our luggage to come through, I hear this commotion. My 'new friend' was running, trying to escape the cabin crew, having gotten out of the wheelchair! She left the stewardess with her handbag and just ran towards the exit with the rest of her hand luggage! Luckily the airport police were faster than her. They got hold of her and brought her back in handcuffs.
This lady starts calling out to me.. my daughter... my daughter!.. how could you do this to me..... that's when I caught on. She was carrying drugs and she was trying to implicate me!
Luckily for me, the gentleman who had helped her with her luggage came forward and told the airport police that me and her had just met on the plane. The police took my passport and asked her to reveal my full names if it was true we were travelling together. By God's grace, I had not even told her my first name! I was still asked to follow the police to a little room where I was questioned extensively. Where did I meet her?... where did I board... where did she board. Etc... And my luggage was extensively searched and dusted for fingerprints.
They dusted all her luggage and my fingerprints were not found anywhere on her luggage or on her handbag!
I was let go with advice never ever to get touch anyone's luggage either in flight or at the airport. So from that day, I don't care how much luggage you have, you will deal with it yourself. I will not even offer you a trolley to put your luggage on! Your luggage... your problem.... is my policy. And if you can't reach the overhead compartment, and I am the nearest person, please call the cabin crew because all I will do is give you a blank stare and then look away!

*Posted As Copied*

Wooow. My eyes nearly popped out. Thank God ooo
They for use am act Banged Up Abroad by NatGeo wild

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dofrenzy:

*Posted As Copied*
Omo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Motun667: 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Pls if you submit your passport to Lagos vsf how long g does it take for you to get your passport back �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
SweetJJ:

What is the difference between Recommend Interview and Review Required

Check thw previous one for recommend interview.
This is for the one you asked.

Review Required -means the case analyst has flagged an item for review based on the documents submitted on file, which would need a more thorough investigation. This is concluded on time for some applicants, while others may take longer depending on the item or documents flagged. That is why sometimes applicants are asked to send an updated bank statement (not necessarily an NSE request) or provide another copy of a particular document submitted or might be an employer they want to contact directly.

#copied from olasubomy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.