Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OlisaChebe: 3:06am On Sep 24, 2021
why not apply for express entry. Another masters is not reasonable and visa offer will likely bounce you.

Greetings
I have similar a case, but me I have a B.Sc in Economics, my plan is an M.Sc in Economics as well, but sincerely I am still struggling to understand the whole stuff,
How to even apply for admission online and stuffs like that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OlisaChebe: 3:09am On Sep 24, 2021
Peacekid:

My own supervisor told me they contacted them last week to verify the authenticity of funding and academic documents.

March 6th applicant
Omo I need your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by studywell: 3:55am On Sep 24, 2021
Enjay316:
what course did u read in ur 1st degree.if it does not correlate ,it cud lead to refusal on purpose of visit.also for ur Family ties and this purpose of visit, a well drafted SOP will do d Job.it is well

In my first degree , the course I did was primary education studies , but I have been working as a talent and event manager for a company that’s why I decided to go for event management. So what course can one do because I thought event management will work because of work progression or something .
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 5:02am On Sep 24, 2021
makano:
Hello childgodlyyy

Contrary to this my post some minutes ago, you will have to apply for another study permit application if you change DLI..

IRCC made this new rules some months ago.. Another alternative is for you to attend the school you got your study permit for at least a semester and then you can do a transfer after informing IRCC...

MY last post where I told you that you do not need to re-apply was still possible early this year because a friend of mine did change school when he got to Canada without re-applying..

So this change is a recent development from Canada... SO if you wanna change DLI, then you will need to re-apply even after getting approved..

Read the link below as a backup to my claims
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Peace

Thank you so much for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 5:03am On Sep 24, 2021
GodsGabby:

Go to ircc website and read up.
If you are to change DLI, do it when you get to canada and not before.
When you change DLI after your visa has been approved, you need to reapply again for a new Study visa.

Noted. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 6:39am On Sep 24, 2021
More of good news for everyone today In Jesus name

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opoki(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2021
What does it mean when IRCC send validity of biometric information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 6:43am On Sep 24, 2021
TheGbemisola:
I got this email from nairobi office because I’ve been sending mails and webform. Can anyone please explain this to me?
Good morning. I also got this same reply by 6:45 am on September 17 and my ppr dropped by 8:45 am. Hopefully you will get a positive response soon. wink

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 6:47am On Sep 24, 2021
oyinlove15:
No, you don't need a transit visa. This was my route as well last week. In short, you aren't coming down from the aeroplane in Dublin most likely refuel and maintenance check.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 6:48am On Sep 24, 2021
Eggzactly

Travel first
Start classes
And do transfer after first semester or so

Enjay316:
I agree boss.If I were him, I will even travel 1st.to avoid stories that touch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gentle21: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2021
Many thanks for clarification

Anon123:

Canada processing time is3-5months, therefore if you are considering canada, REASON AM WELL O.

Meaning can you wait knowing by then UK would obviously come out positive..

Theres no negative implication but they share information meaning both countries will know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opoki(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Opoki:
What does it mean when IRCC send validity of biometric information?

Does anybody has idea?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 7:02am On Sep 24, 2021
Opoki:

Does anybody has idea?
That’s BVL. PPR soon for u

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:05am On Sep 24, 2021
Amen ooo
What was subject in the reply?

Akanoa:

Good morning. I also got this same reply by 6:45 am on September 17 and my ppr dropped by 8:45 am. Hopefully you will get a positive response soon. wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 7:09am On Sep 24, 2021
I got this email from IRCC after sending them several requests to add my baby to my existing application

The underlined are usual IRCC yes/no questions to determine the type application and documents required

Hoping for the best

Please your opinion guys

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:56am On Sep 24, 2021
That's BVL. It comes when they have made a decision on your application. Some get it with their decision email minutes apart, while for some it comes days apart.

By Gods grace, it is positive for you..

Opoki:

Does anybody has idea?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dchamps: 8:29am On Sep 24, 2021
Anon123:

If you send the new admission letter, it will replace the outdated one.

What journey? If you mean, when to travel upon being granted a visa, 1-3months before class resumes

SEND ASAP as you cant tell if thats whats delaying your app.
Goodmorning pls i sent you a mail kindly respond when you are less busy. I need help with gcms notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by labasulla(f): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2021
Please how do I order GCMS, I read you can only get it through someone in Canada. We spoke to an agent in Canada he requested for $250. This particular application that was delayed was done by an agent and we feel since many here can do it by themselves we can too.

Please help a WORRIED WIFE cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2021
DestinationCann:
Amen ooo
What was subject in the reply?

It was a response to a webform I sent on September 13

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 8:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Goodmorning everyone.
Please has anyone used Lufthansa recently? What is the baggage space allowed please...
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2021
Congratulations to those that got their PPR!
July Applicant booking my space.
I see it, I receive it and I carry it!
What God cannot do does not exist!

gaduchendu:
Congratulations

Oya July Applicant
Let's get ready for our PPR

What God cannot do doesn't exist

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Enjay316:
some have very rich travel history that u cant deny.some have been in and out of UK,U.S ,Germany etc and did not break any law nor over stay their Visa and some have foreign account nd assets.

Never knew that was a plus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 9:07am On Sep 24, 2021
It seems to be the regular denial reasons especially when you have sponsors. do you have sponsors?

My own notes show they probably did not check my documents properly to even know i have sponsors. They did not also factor in the fact that i had paid 28k out of my 33k tuition. My lawyer thinks it is a good case and i have applied for JR. on top of that i have finished paying my fees and transferred 10k to cibc for gic, so hopefully if i get a settlement, these steps taken will help.

let us know what your notes say.

Kunfu:
Hey guy got a refusal today, please how will I tackle this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by favyonyi: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2021
Hello, good morning everyone.
My school resumed on the 7th of September, I couldn’t meet up neither could I register for online classes because I needed my study permit to do that, so I have deferred to January. My new LOA has being sent to me buh the day I planned to update it on my account was the day my PPR came. Should I still update it or should get the visa with the old admission letter?. I am submitting my passport today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2021
Please, I urgently need to do medicals after getting a request for it since Monday.

Who is kind enough to swap a medical appointment with me?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2021
RollyA:
It seems to be the regular denial reasons especially when you have sponsors. do you have sponsors?

My own notes show they probably did not check my documents properly to even know i have sponsors. They did not also factor in the fact that i had paid 28k out of my 33k tuition. My lawyer thinks it is a good case and i have applied for JR. on top of that i have finished paying my fees and transferred 10k to cibc for gic, so hopefully if i get a settlement, these steps taken will help.

let us know what your notes say.

I tired for them .
Someone with 4.5m in his statement and tuition deposit of 8700 got approved.

Bro there is strong Grace to this Canada journey

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NewBrosJay: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2021
Hello Wonderful People....

it's PPR @ last!... God is Great!!!

you remember the 35 year old man that got admission at University of Waterloo...yeah it's me... my PPR just got in @ exactly 5 months after application (April 24th)

I have mailed IRCC severally with lot of web forms. they even have to warn me to desist from sending multiple emails to multiple people when i copied all the email addresses of their offices- cairo, london, lagos, abuja, nairobi. but I didn't stop especially for Nairobi.
I did a final reminder this Wednesday and they replied me this morning that they are reviewing my application in coming weeks- so i was thinking they will reply me in 2 weeks, only to see PPR and correspondence letter about 2 hrs after. Please my people, the email works. it seems it works more than web forms. I now pray they grant my wife SOWP. that is the next stage now.

I wish all PPR hopefuls all the best. You all have done a great job here. I forgot to mention, I have started my fall class online. I will be going to Canada against the Winter term.

Please who know the procedure of sending passport to Abuja Visa office. please I need your help on this.

It will end in praise for all of us.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2021
Please, I urgently need to do medicals after getting a request for it since Monday.

Who is kind enough to swap a medical appointment with me?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DMworks: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2021
Good morning, everyone.

I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have an idea of how long or the average time Lagos office return passport after request?

2. I have a friend who's got a medical request. How does the swap thing work and is there anyone kind enough to swap?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.