Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (875984 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hello childgodlyyy

Contrary to this my post some minutes ago, you will have to apply for another study permit application if you change DLI..

IRCC made this new rules some months ago.. Another alternative is for you to attend the school you got your study permit for at least a semester and then you can do a transfer after informing IRCC...

MY last post where I told you that you do not need to re-apply was still possible early this year because a friend of mine did change school when he got to Canada without re-applying..

So this change is a recent development from Canada... SO if you wanna change DLI, then you will need to re-apply even after getting approved..

Read the link below as a backup to my claims
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Peace
makano:
Hello Child

You do not need to re-apply, You can change DLI even after getting your Visa approved..

You will just need to inform IRCC of your change of DLI with convincing reasons...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
childgodlyyy:

Thank you so much for your reply. That’s a relief. Do I inform them via webform? I read online that I would need to change my DLI on the mycic account but even after logging in I could find no such option. So I’m very confused.

Go to ircc website and read up.
If you are to change DLI, do it when you get to canada and not before.
When you change DLI after your visa has been approved, you need to reapply again for a new Study visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
viviangogos:
The people I am talking about are based in Nigeria. I remember the guy even said he has a project he is still doing here and won't travel soon but start online. The other lady I met her on telegram and she is also in Lagos

You are correct but his own was re-application reason why it was fast and God's favour too.
His name is Spec-tro i think.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
Yea, seen

I have updated it.. Check my last post

I gave the advise based on my friend that entered Canada early this year and changed DLI without re-applying.... I had to go research on it again to be very sure and I saw it on their website of the new development...

I have shared the link in my last post..

Good one from you..

Peace
GodsGabby:

On ircc website, it says "if you change DLI after your visa has been approved, you must apply again for a new study visa'

Please confirm before someone does the unthinkable.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
makano:
Yea, seen

I have updated it.. Check my last post

I gave the advise based on my friend that entered Canada early this year and changed DLI without re-applying.... I had to go research on it again to be very sure and I saw it on their website of the new development...

I have shared the link in my last post..

Good one from you..

Peace

Boss makano

What do you think they mean. I am actually lost

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
MBS - MyBankStatement.
You can generate that from Mobile App or Online banking - GTBank , Access bank and many others... You can read that on google on other banks supported to see if yours is.

1. It's a single page with login details for VO to log into your e-electronic statement of account generated by bank for the durations only.
2. It comes with Login details (Password) for the VO to access the e-Statement.
3. Every upload is Maximum of 4MB. It will be difficult using normal bank statement if you have lot of transactions and you have to scanned all and reduce the size to maintain 4MB with sure clarity for better view.
I went though hell with many software in compressing my traditional 41 pages statement to maintain clarity which I found way around it though.

But with MBS, You're good to go...

Titan1295:

Thank you bro. Now I know better. What's the difference between using printed statement of account for proof of funds and MBS. I thought all you have to do is to print out the statement of account of 4 or 6months duration with a closing balance of minimum of 10m and submitted alongside with your application. I don't understand the MBS part with password.

Thank you and everyone for your time . I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Asslady7: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:

It has no effect.

Your DAD, MUM, SIBLING, HUSBAND are good sponsors (as recommended by the gurus)

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hello Gbemi

When did you apply?

This is just a regular email from nairobi...

But have it in mind they are actively on your application...

Peace
TheGbemisola:

Boss makano

What do you think they mean. I am actually lost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RoyalDukeDon: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
Type IRCC exchange rate for NGN,you'll get to see the up to date daily conversion rate
tyscott99:
A quick question house;

What conversion rate do you use to convert CAD - NGN ??
Google real time conversion do not seem accurate compare to Aboki Fx.

I really want to know the right one to use for my CAD - NGN conversions...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChampO(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks alot!
I appreciate oo!

makano:
Hello Champ

This is my candid advise..

Your application is on its way to being approved after a medical request from IRCC....

Go ahead and do your Medicals, and wait for IRCC to ask for your updated LOA (do not send until they ask). You do not need to raise any webform to inform them of your new date since you are not in a hurry to leave the country cos of your deferral till next year Fall..

This new development can't have any negative effect on your application. Once you get your PPR, it will be valid for a year from the date it was stamped on your Passport i.e You will need to leave Nigeria to Canada within a year, which will be very okay for you..

So next step is to go do your Medicals, after which you will have to wait for IRCC to request for your updated LOA..

wish you the best

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
Godsfave:
Omo i dey hear Abuja is fast Abuja is fast, na today i believe ooo!

Abuja received my passport on Monday cos i sent Friday evening, they sent counterfoil and LOI on Tuesday, sent passport back to ph on Wednesday. Dhl delivered to me this afternoon. Omo this stamp fine goooooooooooonnnnnnnnn. Glory be to GOD!!

I Dey ph too. Sent it to Lagos and haven’t gotten mine

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
makano:
Hello Gbemi

When did you apply?

This is just a regular email from nairobi...

But have it in mind they are actively on your application...

Peace

I applied June 19. They should just Respond fast. I want to celebrate tooo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Graced123: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
I am booking space for my testimony, my ppr will drop tomorrow. June 22 applicant

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
Let's hope it's not a newly drafted generic mail.
They keep changing grammar like tomorrow no dey.

TheGbemisola:
I got this email from nairobi office because I’ve been sending mails and webform. Can anyone please explain this to me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cforth: 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please I need some advise. I applied for study permit May 9, completed biometrics May 14.. I didnt know about the upfront medicals but I was able to do the Medical August 23 after getting the request August 19. I havent heard anything from them since then. I have sent my CAQ (my school is in Quebec), and done ever other thing but i have not gotten a response.

My school has resumed. I started online classes because my department is aware but my funding is being delayed because I have not gotten there so I havent been able to register. What do I do?

Yhanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
No worries

It will end in praise and you will celebrate..

Peace
TheGbemisola:

I applied June 19. They should just Respond fast. I want to celebrate tooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
Teemenzo:

If the money is before 6 mknths or 4months, you are good. Just allow for proper inflow and outflow withoit affecting the amount you need as proof of fund.

As for the months, IRCC says 4months but ti be on a safer side do 6 but if you wish to submit an MBS My bank Statement, it is 1 year "shangileti" no less no more but that requires some password there about.

Abeg gurus, if i miss anything, edit am. Nagode
you can do MBS for 6 months,even 4 months.its not compulsory its 1 year MBS except if u r going 2ru the NSE means which they dont really ask for NSE request since June or July I think

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:01am On Sep 24, 2021
Enjay316:
you can do MBS for 6 months,even 4 months.its not compulsory its 1 year MBS except if u r going 2ru the NSE means which they dont really ask for NSE request since June or July I think

Yes boss. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:04am On Sep 24, 2021
Guys, i nearly forgot my E-Medical Slip oooo. I just dey laugh myself this night. I don submit application, i no add rhe medical slip to it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thank God for my soldier and my boss whom i will make you all know soon, they came through again.

Me wey vow say i no go raise webform, i don raise two this night o. Both to Lagos and Nairobi.

Just to send the E-Medical slip

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:04am On Sep 24, 2021
DestinationCann:
Let's hope it's not a newly drafted generic mail.
They keep changing grammar like tomorrow no dey.

Boss, you no dey sleep ni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 12:06am On Sep 24, 2021
Great that you corrected this. I was even just going through IRCC page to screenshot the page where it says you must put in a fresh application for change of DLI outside Canada. However, the apli and can still change inside Canada without having to re apply just like that friend of yours you mentioned. I think he just need to send them the updated LOA inside Canada. The issue with that change is how to recover the fees already paid to the old DLI
For most of the schools, tuition deposits are non refundable except in a case of Visa refusal

Well done on your effort to proffer solution here.
Kudos to everyone contributing too, we are all here to learn and re-learn...

makano:
Hello childgodlyyy

Contrary to this my post some minutes ago, you will have to apply for another study permit application if you change DLI..

IRCC made this new rules some months ago.. Another alternative is for you to attend the school you got your study permit for at least a semester and then you can do a transfer after informing IRCC...

MY last post where I told you that you do not need to re-apply was still possible early this year because a friend of mine did change school when he got to Canada without re-applying..

So this change is a recent development from Canada... SO if you wanna change DLI, then you will need to re-apply even after getting approved..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 24, 2021
Okuanata110621:
First Time applicant (Empty passport; Never traveled before)

My timeline (I submitted before I knew about this forum; did not use an agent)

Application Submitted - July 4th
Biometric request - July 5th
Biometric passed - July 12th
Upfront Medicals - June 16th
Upfront medical passed - September 15th
Correspondence letter - September 23rd
PPR- September 23rd

N/B: sent three webforms; one to Lagos before I knew about this platform and the other two to Nairobi. The first webform to Nairobi, I mentioned my Medicals I did in June. That week, they changed my medicals to passed.
I attached my IELTS result (wrote on the 3rd of July; overall 8.0 band) to the last webform.

Documents submitted

All IMM forms
Letter of acceptance
MBS of 25k USD (My Aunty is my sponsor)
payment of first semester fees
Sponsor company's bank statements (I do not know the exact amount; approx 5m)
2 Land documents from my sponsor
Letter of Explanation
Upfront medical document
Bachelor degree certificate
Employment letter from my company
Other professional certificates
Letter of Explanation of Financial support
Letter of Financial Affidavit from sponsor

DLI: University of New Brunswick (M.Eng). I deferred to January 2022 term.

Please can someone mention the post about sending of Passport?
Also, my initial LOA has both September and January start dates, do I still need to send another LOA?

What God cannot do, does not exist!!

Thank you smiley
July has started getting PPR.this one na Godspeed ooo.Congrats.give thanks giving in church ooo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 12:18am On Sep 24, 2021
Yes Spectro... he is a second time applicant.I will say it's more of Gods Grace and favour. I have read second, third time applicants who had to wait for 3 months and even more for their decision
I pray for protocol to he broken for us oooo, Amen

GodsGabby:

You are correct but his own was re-application reason why it was fast and God's favour too.
His name is Spec-tro i think.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 24, 2021
makano:
Hello Child

You do not need to re-apply, You can change DLI even after getting your Visa approved..

You will just need to inform IRCC of your change of DLI with convincing reasons...

Peace
I agree boss.If I were him, I will even travel 1st.to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 24, 2021
studywell:
Hi every one , I am very sad right now , my application got denied , I used an agent and the funny thing is the refusal came in on Sunday and I just got a call today , I applied April 27th got refused on September 19 .

The reason for my refusal is as follows :

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and Nigeria.

I applied for event management and I use my mom as my home tie , I am her only son .

Please I need advice if I should re apply or opt for a judicial review . One of the issue is that I can’t get admission for this same course until May 2022 . Please what can I do , I am really in need of your advice . Thanks guys
what course did u read in ur 1st degree.if it does not correlate ,it cud lead to refusal on purpose of visit.also for ur Family ties and this purpose of visit, a well drafted SOP will do d Job.it is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 24, 2021
tourphland:

Oh wow. What did they do different grin

That’s shocking oo
some have very rich travel history that u cant deny.some have been in and out of UK,U.S ,Germany etc and did not break any law nor over stay their Visa and some have foreign account nd assets.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 24, 2021
GodsGabby:

On ircc website, it says "if you change DLI after your visa has been approved, you must apply again for a new study visa'

Please confirm before someone does the unthinkable.
that's y I said the person should travel and get the study permit at the Point of entry 1st.it becomes easier to change wen u have gotten to Canada according to d gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2021
makano:
Hello childgodlyyy

Peace
I think with what I read you can change school without applying for a new study permit once u have traveled and gotten ur permit but u must inform IRCC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 12:43am On Sep 24, 2021
cheesy cheesy my body dey Nigeria, spirit dey Canada.

Teemenzo:

Boss, you no dey sleep ni?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Titan1295(m): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2021
tyscott99:
MBS - MyBankStatement.
You can generate that from Mobile App or Online banking - GTBank , Access bank and many others... You can read that on google on other banks supported to see if yours is.

1. It's a single page with login details for VO to log into your e-electronic statement of account generated by bank for the durations only.
2. It comes with Login details (Password) for the VO to access the e-Statement.
3. Every upload is Maximum of 4MB. It will be difficult using normal bank statement if you have lot of transactions and you have to scanned all and reduce the size to maintain 4MB with sure clarity for better view.
I went though hell with many software in compressing my traditional 41 pages statement to maintain clarity which I found way around it though.

But with MBS, You're good to go...

Thanks baba�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 1:14am On Sep 24, 2021
DestinationCann:
cheesy cheesy my body dey Nigeria, spirit dey Canada.

Nice one, my body don dey prepare for school. Being out of school for years now brain don dey set small small. I gast loose am small for book to enter next year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 2:23am On Sep 24, 2021
Are you required to fill this section on the consent form if sending international passport to VFS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (834)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.