Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855249 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DMworks: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2021
NewBrosJay:
Hello Wonderful People....

it's PPR @ last!... God is Great!!!

you remember the 35 year old man that got admission at University of Waterloo...yeah it's me... my PPR just got in @ exactly 5 months after application (April 24th)

I have mailed IRCC severally with lot of web forms. they even have to warn me to desist from sending multiple emails to multiple people when i copied all the email addresses of their offices- cairo, london, lagos, abuja, nairobi. but I didn't stop especially for Nairobi.
I did a final reminder this Wednesday and they replied me this morning that they are reviewing my application in coming weeks- so i was thinking they will reply me in 2 weeks, only to see PPR and correspondence letter about 2 hrs after. Please my people, the email works. it seems it works more than web forms. I now pray they grant my wife SOWP. that is the next stage now.

I wish all PPR hopefuls all the best. You all have done a great job here. I forgot to mention, I have started my fall class online. I will be going to Canada against the Winter term.

Please who know the procedure of sending passport to Abuja Visa office. please I need your help on this.

It will end in praise for all of us.

Congratulations! May God perfect your wife's.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2021
Please, I urgently need to do medicals after getting a request for it since Monday.

Who is kind enough to swap a medical appointment with me?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2021
If your eligibility review starts, does that mean background checks has been completed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2021
lol. i am a lady by the way. despite the fact that I showed sponsorship letters o! I have held the funds since June 2020 in fixed deposit, I liquidated when they refused me cos my first note they said they didn't see any proof of finance, felt ok, they don't understand what fixed deposit letter looks like. now I liquidated and reattached the fixed deposit letters, explained properly that my savings were in fixed deposit and the money my sponsor gave me and i liquidated for purpose of MBS, yet they say it's lump sum and it is not a reasonable expense (like they are financial advisers) after paying 80 percent of tuition and showing over 12m in cash. Las las, some ppl destiny na once, some na twice, some na three times or more, some na judicial review. Im awaiting good news in the midst of it all.

KellyKk:

I tired for them .
Someone with 4.5m in his statement and tuition deposit of 8700 got approved.

Bro there is strong Grace to this Canada journey

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2021
RollyA:
lol. i am a lady by the way. despite the fact that I showed sponsorship letters o! I have held the funds since June 2020 in fixed deposit, I liquidated when they refused me cos my first note they said they didn't see any proof of finance, felt ok, they don't understand what fixed deposit letter looks like. now I liquidated and reattached the fixed deposit letters, explained properly that my savings were in fixed deposit and the money my sponsor gave me and i liquidated for purpose of MBS, yet they say it's lump sum and it is not a reasonable expense (like they are financial advisers) after paying 80 percent of tuition and showing over 12m in cash. Las las, some ppl destiny na once, some na twice, some na three times or more, some na judicial review. Im awaiting good news in the midst of it all.

It will end in praise soon��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dame24: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please for those that did biometrics in Lagos and sent to Abuja, after paying the 8k plus fee, did you have to pay anything else before getting your passport back??
Because there’s a random number sending a message to pay 15k for Canada logistics collection Centre.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2021
nairagrounds:
Please, I urgently need to do medicals after getting a request for it since Monday.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!
Hit those people up they will give u date .
Check the attach below

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2021
Credit: gracedson

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 1 copy of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

NewBrosJay:

you remember the 35 year old man that got admission at University of Waterloo...yeah it's me... my PPR just got in @ exactly 5 months after application (April 24th)

I have mailed IRCC severally with lot of web forms. they even have to warn me to desist from sending multiple emails to multiple people when i copied all the email addresses of their offices- cairo, london, lagos, abuja, nairobi. but I didn't stop especially for Nairobi.
I did a final reminder this Wednesday and they replied me this morning that they are reviewing my application in coming weeks- so i was thinking they will reply me in 2 weeks, only to see PPR and correspondence letter about 2 hrs after. Please my people, the email works. it seems it works more than web forms. I now pray they grant my wife SOWP. that is the next stage now.

I wish all PPR hopefuls all the best. You all have done a great job here. I forgot to mention, I have started my fall class online. I will be going to Canada against the Winter term.

Please who know the procedure of sending passport to Abuja Visa office. please I need your help on this.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2021
KellyKk:

Hit those people up they will give u date .
Check the attach below

The date they gave me is not favorable enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2021

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChampO(m): 10:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Hi Makano,

I couldn't get a date (within 30days IRCC gave me ) to do the medicals, the next available date is 9th November with Qlife.
Is there a way to go about it?
I also saw it on my medical form that if I couldn't get a date within the 30days window period, I should inform the IRCC office ASAP.
Will this in anyway affect the processing or influence the decision ?

makano:
Hello Champ

This is my candid advise..

Your application is on its way to being approved after a medical request from IRCC....

Go ahead and do your Medicals, and wait for IRCC to ask for your updated LOA (do not send until they ask). You do not need to raise any webform to inform them of your new date since you are not in a hurry to leave the country cos of your deferral till next year Fall..

This new development can't have any negative effect on your application. Once you get your PPR, it will be valid for a year from the date it was stamped on your Passport i.e You will need to leave Nigeria to Canada within a year, which will be very okay for you..

So next step is to go do your Medicals, after which you will have to wait for IRCC to request for your updated LOA..

wish you the best

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by favyonyi: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2021
favyonyi:
Hello, good morning everyone.
My school resumed on the 7th of September, I couldn’t meet up neither could I register for online classes because I needed my study permit to do that, so I have deferred to January. My new LOA has being sent to me buh the day I planned to update it on my account was the day my PPR came. Should I still update it or should get the visa with the old admission letter?. I am submitting my passport today.
Someone answer me plsssssss �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2021
Guys, my medical has been passed and i just uploaded it this midnight through webform.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jenkay(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=NewBrosJay post=106121104]Hello Wonderful People....

Congratulations, please can you share the emails with me as i am have same issue

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChampO(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2021
Hi ,

Please, which date dem give you? I am also looking for an appointment date oo.
I am yet to even hear from them

nairagrounds:

The date they gave me is not favorable enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NewBrosJay: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2021
elenewton1:
Credit: gracedson

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 1 copy of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

Thank a lot. this is very helpful....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2021
ChampO:
Hi ,

Please, which date dem give you? I am also looking for an appointment date oo.
I am yet to even hear from them

Qlife and IOM gave me 15th of next month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2021
OlisaChebe:

Greetings
I have similar a case, but me I have a B.Sc in Economics, my plan is an M.Sc in Economics as well, but sincerely I am still struggling to understand the whole stuff,
How to even apply for admission online and stuffs like that.
If you have a minimum of 2.1, and you have gotten your transcript, read the contents in the links below relate it to your research interests for Masters in Economics or related programs , look for Canadian professors in Canadian Universities who has Research focus and specializations that aligns with your research interests and reach out to them via what is called a Cold mail for supervision purpose and to get a potential Fully-funded Graduate offer (graduate scholarship)

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

See the link below for
Masters in Economics and related programs and Canadian Universities offering them
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Economics+&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=

If you have interests in Business Analytics research areas for Masters at Canadian Universities, go through the contents in the links below thoroughly, package yourself and shoot your shot
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/340#103603240

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/556#104551146

Good luck!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2021
Congratulations!

Please did you apply for your wife's SOWP together with SP or you want to apply for it after getting your SP

NewBrosJay:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amr12: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2021
Help is needed, please!!!

I need urgent medical for my wife and two kids and couldn't book a closer date with Q Life or IOM

Could anyone be kind to swap medical appointment.

This is very urgent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2021
Good morning, congratulations to those that got there Ppr yesterday, I have a question
How many lumps sums can raise a red flag for the Vo?
If it is 1 lump sum is it still a problem?
Is 2.5 a lump sum?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dukealara: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2021
Please assist, I didn't get NSE request because I submitted MBS and IELTS in my first application.

If I submit a normal statement this time, will I get the NSE request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 11:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Guys go and do upfront medical. Why do y'all have to wait and wait till it becomes a matter of urgency? Go for upfront medical please!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Bukuns2000:
Good morning, congratulations to those that got there Ppr yesterday, I have a question
Is 2.5 a lump sum?

Any number, just explain it in your SOP and back it up with genuine documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2021
Dukealara:
Please assist, I didn't get NSE request because I submitted MBS and IELTS in my first application.

If I submit a normal statement this time, will I get the NSE request?

No need of normal statement. The MBS is even more authentic. Do not worry yourself if you don't get an NSE request. Keep hope alive.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Teemenzo:

Any number, just explain it in your SOP and back it up with genuine documents.
what do you mean by any number, if you are saying any number it means 200 k is a lump sum

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2021

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChampO(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2021
Please, did you accept the date?
I wish and pray you get a suitable date!
if you are not going to use it eventually, would you mind giving it out?
I sent you a PM

nairagrounds:

Qlife and IOM gave me 15th of next month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ishola049(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2021
Good day House
I got denial yesterday
May 8 applicant
Sheridan college (OND).

Base on Home tie,personal finance and asset
My uncle is my sponsor and he base in Canada
I didn't submit my personal SOA
And 35yrs of Age
My application was handle by an agent in canada paid by my uncle.
I have a travelling experience to dubai
Am single but have a daughter
But my uncle is ready to help me, so we can reapply again
I took it in a good faith and i believe God knows d best and we all understand nobody i mean nobody can stop anybody except Almighty God.
And for people waiting for their PPR God almighty will answer each and everyone.

I need some advice before reapplying and more so i have deffer my admission to january before this Happen and i have not inform d school
We want to get GCMS first before we decide what and how we will proceed on it

Please i need advice from d house on how i can repackage d reapplication and if i can get any paid sevice from d platform i will love to also go through d medium.

May Canada favour all d incoming and d in house student.

Best wish to everyone.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bukuns2000:
what do you mean by any number, if you are saying any number it means 200 k is a lump sum

You meant how much not how many, if it is the amount you meant, 200k is cool. But 2m upwards may feel like a lump sum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laladude: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bukuns2000:
Is 2.5 a lump sum?

Lump sum is relative and not an absolute figure. What will be tagged as lump sum will depend on the history of the account and how much has been going in and out.

An account with a history of thousands going in and out and suddenly having N2 million coming in before application date will be tagged as lump sum while one that has a history of millions coming in and out will not have the same inflow of N2m getting the same tag.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hmmmm

Akanoa:

It was a response to a webform I sent on September 13

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.