Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855231 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
Legacyedition:

Thank you all for your message.

Application refusal reason just arrived.

This visa officer actually refused this application intentionally or didn't check the documents or he was daydreaming.

"All available funds were in savings account"

I meant all available funds for study were in personal savings account. I didn't even submit sponsors business account.

This is almost the same shit they gave as reason to RollyA. She is opting for JR now .
I don’t think all these people are checking documents submitted , where did they see company account when u don’t even submit any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Due to the delay of my study permit application, I'd requested deferment for my Fall 2021 admission to January 2022, the deferral request was approved and I recently received a new Letter of Acceptance. 

Fortunately today, I received a mail that my Study Permit application has been approved. Do you know the best approach to this? Should I send my new LOA to the IRCC? Or will the study permit also be valid for January intake.

Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Munamoqel: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Legacyedition:

Thank you all for your message.

Application refusal reason just arrived.

This visa officer actually refused this application intentionally or didn't check the documents or he was daydreaming.

"All available funds were in savings account"

I meant all available funds for study were in personal savings account. I didn't even submit sponsors business account.

the v.o are very incompetent group or over worked group am a self sponsored but they wrote sponsors self and parents .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
Mikkieshow:
Due to the delay of my study permit application, I'd requested deferment for my Fall 2021 admission to January 2022, the deferral request was approved and I recently received a new Letter of Acceptance. 

Fortunately today, I received a mail that my Study Permit application has been approved. Do you know the best approach to this? Should I send my new LOA to the IRCC? Or will the study permit also be valid for January intake.

Thank you

Chil till January nothing go xup
With your stamped passport u can still travel by January, I hear the stamping valid a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
They will if you have a medical request

nairagrounds:

They usually don't give an earlier date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nothing yet,praying and hoping
Tinakem:

Not at all. June July applicants don dey get PPR.
I don't know what happened ooo. How far with u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by labasulla(f): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
Papapa1234:
Contact the moniker Anon..he can help

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2021
Congratulations!

Kodaline:
Timeline
First-time applicant. After 3 months, 1 week and 2 days (14weeks in total)
Submission Confirmation: 15th of June 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter: 16th of June 2021
Biometrics done and updated: 18th of June 2021
Upfront medical: 5th of August 2021
Medical passed update: 10th of August 2021
Correspondence Letter: 24th of September
Original Passport request: 24th of September
Documents Uploaded:
LOE contained the following:
1 Study Plan (I talked about the following);
MY EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
WHY UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA FOR STUDIES?
MY OVERALL EDUCATIONAL GOAL AND WORK EXPERIENCES.
HOW MY PROGRAM (M.ENG IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING) WILL ENHANCE MY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES BACK IN NIGERIA. (P.S I studied EEE for undergraduate and work with one of the DISCOS here in Lagos. So, I talked about improving the quality supply and power generated and whatnot.)
2. WAEC Certificate
 3. Secondary School Testimonial
 4. Academic Transcript (4.00/5.00 cgpa)
5. First Degree Certificate
6. Screenshots of Email Correspondence from UBC Regarding Payment of Tuition Fees (at the time of submission, payment for graduate studies hasn’t commenced)
 7. Birth Certificate and Age Declaration (26 years old)
 8. Affidavit (regarding name shenanigans and wrong date of birth on my waec result)
9. NYSC Certificate
10. Police Character Certificate
11. Letter of Introduction from Current Employer (stating I would be granted 2 years study leave to complete my program)
12. My CV
Summary of Proof of Funds and Financial Support
1.      Letter of financial support (stating I am my own sponsor).
2.      Reference letter from my bank.
3.      Six (6) months of current account statement (salary account, inform/outflow of 18M, closing of 200k).
4.      Six (6) months of savings account statement (balance 25M, fund was due to a property I sold that I inherited).
5.      Proof of employment.
6.      Letter of introduction from current employer.
7.      Sales agreement document for the property I sold to self-finance.
8.      Proof of property ownership (I bought another property worth 15M to serve as home ties)
Another Information:
My friend’s girlfriend (she got her study permit February this year and travelled April assisted me in submitting my application). I basically used her as a template. It was after I joined Nairaland I got to know about webform and I realized I could have submitted more documents like siblings’ birth certificate, pictures and co. So, I sent the following via webform after submitting my application.
1.      7k Cad of out 20K tuition payment receipt for my program (recall I didn’t pay anything prior to submitting).
2.      Documents of my Car.
3.      COREN certificate (obtained after submitting my application, so I explained I can always come back to Nigeria to practices Engineering since I was licensed).
4.      Pension Statement of over 1M.
I commenced lectures online on the 7th of September, as I could only defer to fall of 2022. It was after then I started sending webforms (twice a week), I sent my enrollment letter yesterday and pleaded I was required to be present physically for my mid-term exams starting ending of October. I started my study leave on Monday as I could no longer combine online studies and work. Thankfully, PPR came 4 days after.
Other irrelevant information:
So, I graduated in 2015, commenced service 2016 and finished service in 2017. After service my mum was hesitant for my travel out, but I told her to calm down that I was going to travel out via scholarship, because I felt I was brilliant enough to get one. In 2017, I was unlucky to miss out on the FSB (Federal Scholarship Board) award to school in Hungary after been nominated for the scholarship award. I was depressed for a while, I had even stopped applying for job, thinking I was going to travel out. In 2018, I got a bank job and shortly after I got my current job while still in training school at the bank. In 2019, I applied for all the scholarships I could get my hands on. I made it to the interview stage for Commonwealth scholarship, PTDF and Chevening, but none clicked. Also, in February 2020, I missed out on the NNPC job. That one really pained me eh. So, I decided to ahead to my mum and self-sponsor.
I pray that every one expecting their PPR get it soonest and for those rejected please refire. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2021
Exactly what they gave me too…

Looking like note is becoming generic too �
RollyA:
It seems to be the regular denial reasons especially when you have sponsors. do you have sponsors?

My own notes show they probably did not check my documents properly to even know i have sponsors. They did not also factor in the fact that i had paid 28k out of my 33k tuition. My lawyer thinks it is a good case and i have applied for JR. on top of that i have finished paying my fees and transferred 10k to cibc for gic, so hopefully if i get a settlement, these steps taken will help.

let us know what your notes say.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2021
RollyA:
lol. i am a lady by the way. despite the fact that I showed sponsorship letters o! I have held the funds since June 2020 in fixed deposit, I liquidated when they refused me cos my first note they said they didn't see any proof of finance, felt ok, they don't understand what fixed deposit letter looks like. now I liquidated and reattached the fixed deposit letters, explained properly that my savings were in fixed deposit and the money my sponsor gave me and i liquidated for purpose of MBS, yet they say it's lump sum and it is not a reasonable expense (like they are financial advisers) after paying 80 percent of tuition and showing over 12m in cash. Las las, some ppl destiny na once, some na twice, some na three times or more, some na judicial review. Im awaiting good news in the midst of it all.

And Goodnews you will receive!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
Not starting a program with your mate is biggest mistake anyone can make…

I won’t advice you send a mail to them to cancel the deferral.
I WILL STRONGLY ADVICE YOU SEND THE NEW LOA TO IRCC SO THEY CAN UPDATE YOUR VISA FOR JANUARY. No rush, you will also have enough time to plan your migration from today.

Congrats.

Mikkieshow:

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please your opinion on this

gaduchendu:
I got this email from IRCC after sending them several requests to add my baby to my existing application

The underlined are usual IRCC yes/no questions to determine the type application and documents required

Hoping for the best

Please your opinion guys

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please, I need help!!!

I was trying to book an appointment on Qlife family clinic website and after picking a date, a notification popped up that if I don't make payment that means I haven't booked a date yet, ( something like that Sha) so, I had to make the payment through monnify on the site and I got a receipt on my mailbox, but I didn't get anything as regards the appointment booking. Please how do I go about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NewBrosJay: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
gaduchendu:
Congratulations!

Please did you apply for your wife's SOWP together with SP or you want to apply for it after getting your SP

I applied for her SOWP along with mine. her Eligibility review started some minutes after my PPR, and they sent her correspondence letter as well. we are being hopeful...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bosede24:
Good afternoon my people....Please I need someone that can guide me on this application. My head is already Hot�

Please Abeg Abeg Abeg oooooo Abeg��

Note: international relations (Bachelors). History and diplomacy (masters).

But now I want to study (Social service worker)in a college .
Is it possible? Any chances?

Please help a Sister.....Any suggestions , advice etc...

@lekkiboboe @frankrobin

With your present level of education, a PHD in a program whose research areas is related to your International Relations, History and Diplomacy background should be your next line of action. Most especially Research Areas related to HISTORY AND DIPLOMACY (Your MSC).

Do research on Profs. in Canadian universities who has Research areas aligning with yours, read their publications, research work etc. , look for one of the publication or publications of the Prof. that aligns with yours, relate it to your research interest or interests to create a connection then draft your non-generic cold mail and send to each Prof. based on their research focus/specializations.

As said by most universities, you are to be accepted by a Supervisor (Prof.) before you apply for a PH.D admission, that's why you need to cold mail loads of profs. Once a Prof. ACCEPTS to supervise, you stand more chance to get the admission.

Your ability to convince a Prof. you gonna be a best fit for his/her research group is very important and that can be done by your Cold mail , well drafted Academic CV, Zoom Interview (if asked by the Prof.) etc.

Fall 2022 is on already, be very proactive this period with your series of cold mails to profs.

Go through the contents in the link below, relate it to your own field of study and research interests, then shoot your shots to profs.

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

The Social Service Worker program at a college (diploma, PG.Cert) is lesser than your alrdy gotten gotten Academic qualifications. You would get the admission but A Visa Officer would likely not be convinced about your intentions to study in Canada if you go for the bolded.

Await more response from the gurus and other members of this platform

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
Did they update her medicals before the eligibility?

NewBrosJay:

I applied for her SOWP along with mine. her Eligibility review started some minutes after my PPR, and they sent her correspondence letter as well. we are being hopeful...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
You will definitely get SOWP

Congratulations!

NewBrosJay:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please when is the best time to send webform, weekends or beginning of a new week?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
I was trying to book an appointment on Qlife family clinic website and after picking a date, a notification popped up that if I don't make payment that means I haven't booked a date yet, ( something like that Sha) so, I had to make the payment through monnify on the site and I got a receipt on my mailbox, but I didn't get anything as regards the appointment booking. Please how do I go about that?[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chylynancy: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please I have a question

can someone who is a pr in Canada that wants to sponsor his sister for a study in Canada use his tax proof of income statement (as proof of funds to sponsor her)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Chylynancy:
Please I have a question

can someone who is a pr in Canada that wants to sponsor his sister for a study in Canada use his tax proof of income statement (as proof of funds to sponsor her)

What is considered is if the funds are readily available to your sponsor and you invariably, l am not sure "tax proof of income statement" will show funds you can ask for and get immediately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2021
Sheyman56:
I was trying to book an appointment on Qlife family clinic website and after picking a date, a notification popped up that if I don't make payment that means I haven't booked a date yet, ( something like that Sha) so, I had to make the payment through monnify on the site and I got a receipt on my mailbox, but I didn't get anything as regards the appointment booking. Please how do I go about that?[b][/b]

My people! Please help me with this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
Sheyman56:

My people! Please help me with this.

Why don't you send them an email with the transaction receipt and the date you selected for them to have the record?

You can also try calling their phone line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nnamdiosang: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good day all, IRCC finally decided to respond to my May 14 application, unfortunately it was a rejection mail; dey no sure say I go return. I be like shuu, who tell una dat one. Anyways, I'm waiting for gcms notes to arrive so I'll figure out the specific reason for the refusal, will re-apply once I resolve am. I've had my school defer my admission to Fall 2022, hopefully that'll give me enough time to get it right. Laslas may we all win.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bobomaigida:

Why don't you send them an email with the transaction receipt and the date you selected for them to have the record?

You can also try calling their phone line.

Thank you so much. I have sent them but I haven't gotten any response. I just want to know how others did it. Did they pay on their website too? How they get their booking reference and all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need your advice.
My study permit app was rejected last month and I just received my GCMS note today and I need advice.
1. They need me to provide proof of assets. I don't have any personal land but I have one that is co-owned with my sibling which was inherited. The docs are not in my name but my dad's. The land doesn't have C of O but it has a deed of conveyance. Will the deed be sufficient proof in place of the CofO?

2. Home ties: All my funds are in a foreign account because I had been living overseas for the past 2 years. My naira account is almost empty and I don't want to convert my foreign currency to naira because of devaluation. I used the foreign account as proof of funds in my previous application and there was no complaint about it on my GCMS note. However, someone advised that since I am reapplying in 9ja, the overseas proof of funds may not go well. What can you advise?

3. Travel history: I have travelled to 2 countries, still they complained about travel history. I don't know why. Could it be because I did not initially submit a police certificate for them? Will submitting now suffice?

I look forward to your ideas.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by badmanjo(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2021
My people for someone transiting through UK with British airways to Canada, does their after Oct 4th quarantine rule apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Godsfave:

When you input the tracking number given to you by dhl what does it show? And they must have given you two tracking numbers if you did to and fro. The return tracking number is actually what you should be checking now

This is what it's been saying for about 1week. Since last Friday.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ireneayeni: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=105852177]

Hello Mr Frank, My application was rejected on the ground that i do not have enough finanacial means to support myself during my studies. However I had over 11million even after making payment payment for my school fees. I really dont understand what went wrong. Please Kindly advise on steps I can take. If possible I will like to communicate with you personally. Thank you and look forward to your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
Favouriteguy:

This is what it's been saying for about 1week. Since last Friday.
DHL are slow with updating Shipment activities, don’t be surprised that by Monday you will see different shipment stages done and updated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hello!

If it happened i uploaded my e-medicals to CIC through webform, will they get it that day?
And assuming am still expecting approval, and i defer my admission, if am to upload my revised LOA to CIC too, will they receive it that day and what will be the prove if they've received it?
If i apply for my study visa today, like what time duration can i likely get a medical request?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NmaEbube: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hello, why do people get refused because of travel history and how do we avoid getting refused cause of Travel history?

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.