Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862068 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
theboyy:
Hi guys

When sending my passport to vfs in abuja am i paying any money to dhl? Or I’m only paying to that Canada logistics account number?

I’m at dhl now i just want to be sure please can someone explain all the payments I’m making
yes you would pay dhl for their service charge

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hubmon360:
yes you would pay dhl for their service charge

Okay so that means I’m paying 6950 to dhl and a fee to vfs as well since I’m sending to abuja and didn’t capture there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
#8920 is paid to VFS if you did your biometrics in Lagos and sending to Abj. You do not pay this fee if you did your biometrics at Abj.
In addition, you will make a separate paymemt to DHL for two-way courier in order to help deliver your passport to VFS and back to you.

theboyy:
Hi guys

When sending my passport to vfs in abuja am i paying the money to dhl or vfs? I mean the transmission fee? The guy at dhl told me the fee is now 6950

I’m at dhl now i just want to be sure please can someone explain all the payments I’m making
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
elenewton1:
#8920 is paid to VFS if you did your biometrics in Lagos and sending to Abj.
In addition, you will make a separate paymemt to DHL for two-way courier in order to help deliver your passport to VFS and back to you.

Okay thanks so much got it now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
theboyy:

Okay so that means I’m paying 6950 to dhl and a fee to vfs as well since I’m sending to abuja and didn’t capture there?
yes just ensure your total cost cover taking and returning of your passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
hi, please your second gcms note you said that application was due 16th. was it the assignment due date part in the gcms note under assessment please?

mercy445:
God's Mercies,

Application Date:  May 5th
Upfront Medical: June 9th
Medical updated to pass: June 15th (I uploaded the document I was given that very day via webform and sent as email as well)
1 ghost update June 15th ( I believe this was when my Medical was being updated)
GCMS: ordered June 30th, received August 5th; Criminality was passed,Info sharing was ongoing.
2nd GCMS: ordered August 9th, Received Septermber 9th, showed application was due 16th
3rd gcms: applied September 9th, still waiting.
Biometrics wasn't needed I have a visitor visa application.
BVL: 16th September 2.50pm
PPR: 2.53pm

I used an agent not because I was a novice but I was very busy at the time. I provided all he needed. He wrote my SOP, 5pages but I proofread took out and added.

All forms
All certificate (I have2 Masters already but changing career path)
Bank statement wasn't Nigerian Bank, so I probably wouldn't qualify for NSE route.
Submitted letter of English proficiency
Data Page of hubby and kids and a letter from him that I can go with them.
Lived in the US for years before.
All my visas and travels (SA, UK, US)
2 Land document
2 Companies CAC

Meanwhile I asked sometimes ago how do I send passport if I am outside naija, came for vacation in UK can I just send without notifying IRCC about it? Gurus pls help I need to send tomorrow.
@lekiboboe @justmellow pls sirs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mudiwest(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Jojorito007:

I started online in September. Still waiting for my student permit as I Applied in May

We are in the exact same situation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laborah(f): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Sample Letter of Sponsorship - Father (Avoid Plagiarism) - FIND ATTACHED IN THE LINK BELOW
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

Please can I get husband sample
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rotexteymie(f): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
I'm in this exact situation. She has to wait. There's nothing else anyone can do.

Unless she wants to reapply to another school for January and that would mean applying for another study permit.

innoinno:
Good morning Friends
Please I need an advice on challenging issue. My younger sister got approved for study permit and subsequently issued Canadian visa weeks after her classes commenced.

She had earlier applied to have her course deferred to January 2021 before the decision was made by IRCC . However, the school said the course is not available in January and June but September 2022 or pick a different course.

At this moment, we are a bit confused on what to next to do. She has her visa and approved permit.

Your thoughts please

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
kennyjoy:

there was no response here o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbie345: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good day everyone can anyone please help me on letter of explanation for charge back or reversal I was given 15 days, please @makano @Frankrobbn1 @lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
What is going on with IRCC nah .... Everywhere is dry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Johnchan2:
What is going on with IRCC nah .... Everywhere is dry

Seriously, this is the most silent period ever. I think they work country by country. When its Nigeria's turn, you will start seeing showers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opsy14: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hi, please is it normal for an application to constantly say we need additional application we will send you a message with details? Because my agent is telling me it's normal. He said he didn't see any message that he has checked and it has been more than 2 weeks now.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
Teemenzo:

Seriously, this is the most silent period ever. I think they work country by country. When its Nigeria's turn, you will start seeing showers

Seriously. As if they just shut down the processing of applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Opsy14:
Hi, please is it normal for an application to constantly say we need additional application we will send you a message with details? Because my agent is telling me it's normal. He said he didn't see any message that he has checked and it has been more than 2 weeks now.

Check if there was any ADR from IRCC. I think is here someone ordered for GCMS note and saw that there was a document request from IRCC but never got the request mail/message.

Maybe you can follow up with mail If you're sure that your Agent is telling you the truth no document request came to him. is over 2 weeks now, so I'm not seeing anything normal in it.

my opinion though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Debbie345:
Good day everyone can anyone please help me on letter of explanation for charge back or reversal I was given 15 days, please @makano @Frankrobbn1 @lekiboboe

Debbie, do a search on this platform and you will find how others have tackled it, use procedural fairness letter to search, then you can build your own response as it relates to you specifically
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Farida93:
Good morning,
I got admission for January session. I'd like to ask if its possible to get a study visa before then if I start application now or if I should defer the admission.
Thank you.

Since you already have the admission, start the SP process now, if there's no decision by December you can defer the admission.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Please where am I to upload my personal bank statement? Under clients information, or under proof of funds, I already included my sponsors statement under proof of funds. Am i to upload mine under that section as well?

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
dollymon:
Please where am I to upload my personal bank statement? Under clients information, or under proof of funds, I already included my sponsors statement under proof of funds. Am i to upload mine under that section as well?

Thanks for your response.

Proof of Fund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
innoinno:
Good morning Friends
Please I need an advice on challenging issue. My younger sister got approved for study permit and subsequently issued Canadian visa weeks after her classes commenced.

She had earlier applied to have her course deferred to January 2021 before the decision was made by IRCC . However, the school said the course is not available in January and June but September 2022 or pick a different course.
Your thoughts please

Thank you
Please are you saying she deferred Jan 2021, and no intake again this year? If that's the case let her choose a new course related to the old and resume at the next available intake before her visa expires, when she is the sch, she can explore ways to go back to the old course if there are openings but by then she don dey ground to engage sch admin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehiremen2002: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
I have done that like 2 weeks ago. Its only London office that even manage to respond and refer me to webform, which I already did.

before that mail.

Bobomaigida:

You can send them emails to at least update the medicals, and also state that her studies have started, and beg them to process her application quickly so she can resume physically
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
@lekiboboe will definitely provide you with that
Laborah:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olamiikunle(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
good evening house.
i have OND and HND in Architecture.
Finished school back in 2011, and been employed in an Architectural firm since 2013.
i am currently seeking admission to study PGD in Construction Management.
Hence, i have academic and job experience related to the intended course since i have job description of Project Architect.
But i need help on how to explain a study gap of 10 years. Also, is it advisable to use my Boss whom i have worked with for 8years as my sponsor?
Note, i am only child. so i dont have siblings or capable parents to show as sponsor.

Very grateful for your inputs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
nairagrounds:

They didn't record my first jab. Does that call for concern?
That same thing happened to me. I had to call them and they uploaded it. Please do it to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Olamiikunle:
good evening house.
i have OND and HND in Architecture.
Finished school back in 2011, and been employed in an Architectural firm since 2013.
i am currently seeking admission to study PGD in Construction Management.
Hence, i have academic and job experience related to the intended course since i have job description of Project Architect.
But i need help on how to explain a study gap of 10 years. Also, is it advisable to use my Boss whom i have worked with for 8years as my sponsor?
Note, i am only child. so i dont have siblings or capable parents to show as sponsor.

Very grateful for your inputs.

Fellow Architect, In terms of gap, you can use your years of work experience to show the gap. Meaning you have to include your CV showing all forms of work experience, trainings you have gone through in that 11years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
philit22:

That same thing happened to me. I had to call them and they uploaded it. Please do it to avoid stories that touch.

I called them also yesterday. I will recheck it this evening to see if it has been rectified

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ketima:

Proof of Fund
ok thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shempam: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pls how much is Canadian visa fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sirmuel1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
shempam:

It's free cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
shempam:

Application fee CAD$150
Biometrics CAD$85

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
Laborah:

No I don't

Tell your husband to use the Father Sponsorship
Letter Sample as a template to draft an Husband Sponsorship Letter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.