Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853761 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Richard90345: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good day, is there any case where by at the port of entry is Canada, the Vo is not allowing you to work in Canada meaning not issuing a work permit and what causes it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
tonnymexx:
Please house,

I applied for Study permit on 2018 and I got this.. Please dose it mean I was banned
from applying for Canada visa?

Please I need response. Thank you

U were only refused. U can reapply with good and strong documentation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
BabajhideySammy:

Thanks, I just can’t seem to reach them on the phone at all. Do you have any idea what the number for Abuja is, I got one here from nairaland but that’s switched off as well.
Oh, I don’t have the Abuja number, but, check the booking mail they sent to you, call the number and ask for the result department numbers. One should go.

You can try that on Monday .

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Savvyciao: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
Nonsoooooo:
I did mine as requested by ircc on the 13 of Octoberand it was just updated to pass today though did it in qlife. I think you should just wait a little and according to the customer care in qlife she said its date u did ur medicals that will show so u dont have any reason to worry about IRCC deadlines

Hey
Did you receive any email from qlife when it was uploaded?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
Aww thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate. I would have love to come in early but waiting till November ending. May the land favor you.

Residentourist:
1) Yea, I resumed classes already, I started in fall. He requested to see my admission letter( my enrollment letter wasn't requested)

2) I was asked to go sit down for a while so I can't tell if he went anywhere with the documents. They were all handed back to me with my study permit and visitor records. (Birth certificates were black and white copies BTW)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raimiade11: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
Any July applicant with eligibility please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BoluwajiPieters: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
BoluwajiPieters:

Okay. Thank you! In this case, will the amount be the same as someone without a fully funded scholarship or lesser?

cc:

@Toceenay. The original question is how much POF is required for a fully funded scholarship student during visa application. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
eclint:
Hello Sir
Have you been approved and you didn't bother to share?
wow.just went through the timeline. this person never shared.this is selfishness at its highest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Teemenzo:

Normal statement of account. Money no reach 1year, so i didn't do MBS
U can do MBS for any number of month from 4 months for Canada Visa.I did MBS for 6 months and got ppr.I know someone that did MBS for 4 months and she got Visa.though she had a sponsor .my point is it's not compulsory that ur MBS must be one year.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
CalcreteJB:
To start with, I'm a first time applicant and more of a silent reader on the thread.

The idea of getting a PR erupted in my mind in 2019 and I decided to take IELTS where I had an overall score of 8.0 but somehow Covid 19 came by and affected all the plans and I abandoned it midway, the zeal was never really there because I had always been an advocate of "Nigeria is filled with milk and honey, we can make it better, why leave for another man's country", hence, it was easy to let go of the idea.

The next phase started in November 2020 when I suddenly got tired of the country and the way we were headed. I woke that early morning without having an idea of the country I wanted to travel to even if its temporarily, though Canada had always been in my subconscious, however at this point I was ready and determined to step out of the shores of this country for once. I went online and researched, then I came across Victor Ola's Travel Guide to Canada without IELTS and I bought it. I studied it for some days, did further research online and commenced application into Canadian colleges. I wished I had come across this thread before now.

I applied to Durham College - got rejected based on educational gap;
Algonquin College - got rejected based on educational gap
Confederation College - abandoned the application because they referred that they use agents

Centennial College - got admission a month after my application (submitted First Degree transcripts, Certificate, CV with 8years experience in Constructions, Consulting and facilities management) without IELTS though I had one and applied to study Construction Management. I was advised to defer admission till Fall 2021 if I wanted to come to Canada based on Covid 19 procedures, otherwise I will have to settle for online classes if i wanted to commence classes in May 2021, so i opted for Fall (Sept 2021).

I was first issued a deposit admission letter to be replaced with a full admission offer letter after making a payment of $2650 to secure a spot as I was advised the spots for the course gets filled very fast. I immediately made the payment and secure the offer letter a week later.

I started arranging the required documents needed to commence temporary visa application. I forgot to mention I already have first and second degrees in Civil Engineering in 2011 and 2017 respectively with 8years working experience. However, I could not include the masters certificate because of my College aspirations (got to know about this through the guide I purchased, thanks to the guide too)

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
1. Admission Offer letter
2. Deposit Receipt issued by school
3. SOP - a strong one, home ties was strongly established through father's company
4. Letter of Introduction by Sponsor - Father
5. Letter of Sponsorship - Father's company
6. First Degree Certificate
7. Ordinary Passport - a recent passport picture
8. Police Clearance Certificate
9. Father's company statement of account
10. Father's passport pages with visiting visas to UK and China
11. Company CAC and list of company directors
12. Passport data page
13. Wife's appointment letter showing remuneration
14. CV
15. Marriage Certificate

Online application was finally submitted on June 26th
Biometrics Completed on June 28th
Then came the dead silence for about 3months,

When it became evident that it's likely I don't get a response before school resumes in September, I wrote to the school requesting to defer my admission to January 2022 and it was acknowledged and granted with a new LOA issued after 2weeks. I didn't however upload this, I only requested incase IRCC requested for additional documents.

I was becoming impatient and I had to raise a webform on the 28th of September, then came the Medical request on the 29th of September. After raising the webform prior to receiving the medical invite, I became glued to my profile hoping for an update but there came none, I got closed the IRCC tab on my laptop and stepped angrily out of my office at exactly 12noon on the 29th and stepped out of my office only to come back 30mins later and saw a mail asking to check my profile, it seemed as the VO treating my file saw me when I got angry and left my office.

Medical was done at IOM Abuja on the 13th of October and I uploaded the document issued by IOM through webform on the 14th. IOM confirmed medicals was okay and has been transmitted to IRCC on the 15th with IRCC updating my profile to medicals passed on the same 15th of October.

I checked my profile like every second from the 15th till I suddenly got a mail on the 18th around 11am, my heart almost fell out of my mouth and I saw BVL, I almost fell off my chair with joy and I was expecting PPR since I had read in the thread that some people got their PPR immediately after BVL. The day eventually ended without the PPR in sight, then I became slightly worried again.

The PPR eventually came in on the 20th around 11am, I was in a meeting when I saw the mail and I could not concentrate anymore. I took a toilet break and went into my office, locked the door and the blinds and prayed first then i proceeded to log into my profile and with my heartbeat already racing twice than normal. There lies the PPR and I went down on my knees to thank God for the favor for I am a sinner.

@Jay316 @Scott99tish @SwayB @beedyboy

There goes the story folks, the ending and landing part will be concluded when all is finally tidied. Thanks for the patience and I pray all being expectant of their PPR will get it In Sha Allah.
u have done well.thanks for sharing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
CalcreteJB:
yes please, they issue on weekends

I got my introduction letter today wen I got a mail from IRCC to open my GCKEY that I have a message. so I think they work on Saturdays too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
theboyy:

They’ll still send a letter of introduction?
yea.I got mine today. u must travel with a printed copy of ur introduction letter as the Canada border officer needs it to issue ur study permit.

Thank God.finally, my GCKEY watch is over.

it ended in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
Your mind don Dey calm down small small. cool
Jay316:
I got my introduction letter today wen I got a mail from IRCC to open my GCKEY that I have a message. so I think they work on Saturdays too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
Xydami:
I asked for my GCkey login which he sent today,now have been trying to login but it keeps on saying my username ND password have been previously revoked..pls which one is this again
what a pity. he has revoked ur GCKEY.is there a way to arrest this kind of ppl?

this is wickedness naaaaa

this will affect future prospects to U.S, Australia, UK and New Zealand as they will all know that u have a 5 year ban and wont give u Visa. these 5 countries share immigration information .

please Gurus,can someone that has been banned request for GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
Xydami:
Please what do I need to do to appeal dat 5years ban is too much for me na..but hope it won't affect me if I want to try another country?pls who do I need to talk to for appealing
dont border trying U.K, U.S ,,Australia or New Zealand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:

LOE is for second time applicants

See here for information & video template of a LOE
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/375#106812997

If you are a first time applicant, you are expected to write an SOP (STATEMENT of PURPOSE)

That being said,

Take your time and go through the contents in the links below so you can know how to draft an SOP based on your own story, if you are through with your SOP, you can ask a guru here to help review it (hopefully they gonna be available)

SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines & Pointers
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Hints on Writing an SOP (Courtesy domakavelliiiiiii)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

Await response to your other questions

Good luck!!!
2ru boss.I will also suggest that if ur story or application is complicated, u can also add a letter of explanation especially if it has to do with ur ties,sponsor and finance.u can add a letter of explanation in ur proof of fund section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BoluwajiPieters: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:

This is really saddening. The best is to follow up on your application. Don't leave your destiny in the hands of a money-hungry and selfish agent in the name of convenience. Most people I've seen here go through the whole thing themselves and they come out victorious. It'll be well.

Apparently, to get transcripts from Nigeria unis is a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2021
tonnymexx:
Please house,

I applied for Study permit on 2018 and I got this.. Please dose it mean I was banned
from applying for Canada visa?

Please I need response. Thank you
no dear.u can re apply if I feel u have worked on the V.O concerns and answered them adequately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:
yea.I got mine today. u must travel with a printed copy of ur introduction letter as the Canada border officer needs it to issue ur study permit.

Thank God.finally, my GCKEY watch is over.

it ended in praise

Up you. Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Richard90345:
Good day, is there any case where by at the port of entry is Canada, the Vo is not allowing you to work in Canada meaning not issuing a work permit and what causes it.
If they ask you at the border if u intend to work or if working is part of ur requirement, just say no.

as a student, u r allowed to work 20 hrs a week during school sections and full time on holidays or approved semester breaks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
Lianna2020:
Your mind don Dey calm down small small. cool
my dear it's like ice water now.na cheap flight I dey find now.abeg send me the link u used to order flight with Lufthansa .na flight ticket b my next concern
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ketima:

Up you. Lol.
Na God ooo.
I won't leave this thread cos God use this thread to help me and so I will love to help others to the best of my own ability but will leave the difficult questions for our gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Richard90345: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:
If they ask you at the border if u intend to work or if working is part of ur requirement, just say no.

as a student, u r allowed to work 20 hrs a week during school sections and full time on holidays or approved semester breaks.
I should say no? They won't allow me to work niyen. Abi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:
I got mine on Thursday up till now DHL refuse to deliver my passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:

That may not be totally true sha. I know someone who also got 5 years ban for not including his U.S visa refusal and now is in UK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:
my dear it's like ice water now.na cheap flight I dey find now.abeg send me the link u used to order flight with Lufthansa .na flight ticket b my next concern

Can you now travel even when resumption is in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Bukuns2000:
I got mine on Thursday up till now DHL refuse to deliver my passport.

Don't you have your DHL tracking number? Mine has been picked up by DHL and is on the way to my destination. DHL said it will reach me on Monday. So please use yours return tracking number to know the update on your envelope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGbemisola:

That may not be totally true sha. I know someone who also got 5 years ban for not including his U.S visa refusal and now is in UK.

Yes. Me too have seen it. But, their applications goes through alot of scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
My PPR came in last night am the happiest man on earth now , i just saw it.

39 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
BoluwajiPieters:

cc:

@Toceenay. The original question is how much POF is required for a fully funded scholarship student during visa application. Thank you.
No specific amount of POF is required, but often times on this thread many suggest that miscellaneous amount that covers traveling, settling in and emergency expenses might be within ₦3m

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jay316:
Na God ooo.
I won't leave this thread cos God use this thread to help me and so I will love to help others to the best of my own ability but will leave the difficult questions for our gurus

Yes. That's the way. We all shall celebrate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fleshofmankind1:
My PPR came in last night am the happiest man on earth now , i just saw it.
Wow shocked... Congratulations cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.