Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853872 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fleshofmankind1:
My PPR came in last night am the happiest man on earth now , i just saw it.

Congrats. welcome onboard.
Now is time for you to share your timeline to encourage others and let the see maybe something different you did.

Congrats once again. It has ended in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Thank You
Toceenay:

Wow shocked... Congratulations cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
Wow, congratulations to you man..it has ended in Praise.

Fleshofmankind1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ketima:

Don't you have your DHL tracking number? Mine has been picked up by DHL and is on the way to my destination. DHL said it will reach me on Monday. So please use yours return tracking number to know the update on your envelope.
I will track them, it is most likely to get to my location on Monday too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
Congratulations!!!!!!! I can imagine the joy!
Fleshofmankind1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fogechi: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
fogechi:
Please which school offer admission on time? I applied to Memorial university and was told admission will be given 2-3months after jan 15 deadline.

I need a school that can give admission for sep 2022 between now and November. It's just to help me start visa application on time.

Makano, Lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fleshofmankind1:

Congrats man. You deserve it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fleshofmankind1:

Waoooo, congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
[quote author=fogechi post=107002131][/quote]

If you're looking at masters in universities, most likely it will be after deadline date given. But if PGD in colleges, you may likely get. Cos colleges gives admission faster.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by link2ok(m): 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ketima:

If you're looking at masters in universities, most likely it will be after deadline date given. But if PGD in colleges, you may likely get. Cos colleges gives admission faster.

Hi

I am looking for colleges that offer education PGD OR PGC, I have tried searching I am not seeing anything. I have 8+years in Education.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tonnymexx: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hello gurus in the house

Am i need of assistant. Please how can I go about solving this note in my next application.?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
link2ok:

Hi

I am looking for colleges that offer education PGD OR PGC, I have tried searching I am not seeing anything. I have 8+years in Education.

Thanks

If you mean looking for PGD or PGC in education, you may find it hard to see. You need to be specific in your field. Curriculum, educational administration, elementary or early childhood education etc. So use that to search for your specific area of study.

The gurus will guide you well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BoluwajiPieters: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
Toceenay:

No specific amount of POF is required, but often times on this thread many suggest that miscellaneous amount that covers traveling, settling in and emergency expenses might be within ₦3m

Thank you very much! I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 9:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fleshofmankind1:

Finally!!!!
Congratulations fam.
Believing God for mine soon.
No chargeback can delay it!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
tonnymexx:
Hello gurus in the house

Am i need of assistant. Please how can I go about solving this note in my next application.?
Hello,

Let me start with what is the cost of the program?

Now the VO has looked at your academic History, your professional history, relating it with your financial situation (capacity). So it comes to the question, what's the cost of the program? and what level of income earner are you? Dis you provide enough POF? Now comparing it with the course you're going for, you didn't convince him why tis course is important to your career or academic progression in the section of sop (why this course) and job prospect in home country after studies (future plans). Now the VO is kind of concerned that you may not really be a genuine bonafide student and won't leave after studies.

In summary, your SOP didn't explain well and in details the benefits this course would bring to you after completing it knowing fill well of your financial situation ( as pointed by VO)

So, I think you may need to work on your finance(POF), then, explain well in LOE why going for the course is the best and a progression and the benefits it will give you upon return.

My little layman's opinions. Gurus will guide you well. Sorry for your delay

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hello,

You can use this link. It's so helpful to narrow your search and faster result...

https://w05.educanada.ca/index.aspx?action=programsearch-rechercheprogramme&lang=eng

All the best

link2ok:

Hi

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adetopsy1(m): 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hello house, thanks for all you do.

In a situation whereby I cannot purchase GIC but I have the money set aside in my sponsor’s account while I pay the first year tuition fees, am I on the good side that way in terms of proof of funds?

Also, I plan to apply against Fall 2022. What month next year should he start to keep the money for living expenses and flight price to avoid lump sum in his acc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
Please sir, Can i use Treasury bill and Investment as Proof of funds without submitting my bank statement as i have invested most of the money and dont have much in my main bank account

Ketima:

Hello,

Let me start with what is the cost of the program?

Now the VO has looked at your academic History, your professional history, relating it with your financial situation (capacity). So it comes to the question, what's the cost of the program? and what level of income earner are you? Dis you provide enough POF? Now comparing it with the course you're going for, you didn't convince him why tis course is important to your career or academic progression in the section of sop (why this course) and job prospect in home country after studies (future plans). Now the VO is kind of concerned that you may not really be a genuine bonafide student and won't leave after studies.

In summary, your SOP didn't explain well and in details the benefits this course would bring to you after completing it knowing fill well of your financial situation ( as pointed by VO)

So, I think you may need to work on your finance(POF), then, explain well in LOE why going for the course is the best and a progression and the benefits it will give you upon return.

My little layman's opinions. Gurus will guide you well. Sorry for your delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good evening Friends,
Please, I need suggestions:

I just got admission for a 1-Year 'Electrical - Industrial' Certificate which I applied earlier but I realized it could be seen as lack of career progression as an HND holder. I have HND in Chemical Engineering 2010; with years of experience in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Considering Study Permit approval possibility, should I proceed with the admission OR apply for a PG Certificate in Project Management or any other relevant PG Certificate Program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
kokolanre123:

Please sir, Can i use Treasury bill and Investment as Proof of funds without submitting my bank statement as i have invested most of the money and dont have much in my main bank account

Please go ahead...the tbills even shows that the funds are not borrowed perse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tim4humanity: 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good day everyone, Please any guru in the house who can help me with a walk through on how I can pay for my study permit using the barter by flutterwave app since the CBN new policy limits daily transactions to just $100 ?. Or are there any other better alternatives for someone trying to pay from Nigeria ?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Tim4humanity:
Good day everyone, Please any guru in the house who can help me with a walk through on how I can pay for my study permit using the barter by flutterwave app since the CBN new policy limits daily transactions to just $100 ?. Or are there any other better alternatives for someone trying to pay from Nigeria ?.

I believe Domiciliary account will be okay for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
raimiade11:
Any July applicant with eligibility please?

I am July 13th applicant, my eligibility started 22nd October yesterday

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
Tim4humanity:

Yeah... sadly but the truth...
Only a USD debit card can save you or a visa naira credit card (not the visa classic ooo...cos that one too na $100)... Why don't you ask people you know that have credit cards...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Lianna2020:
LANDING GIST

My flight was scheduled for 10:55 pm on Sunday.
We all went to the airport by 2:00pm because we had excess luggage and also to check in on time.
At 2, there wasn’t any crowd, we had 23kg into ten places (entitled to just 6 bags at 23kg) and paid 300k for extra luggage.

Things requested for at Nigerian airport:
1. Arrive can
2. Stamped visas
3. Enrollment letter
4. Covid 19 test

We finished all checks around 5:pm. Please no matter the time for your flight, try and get to the airport early because the crowd from five ehn!, I wouldn’t have meet up if I went late.

I wish everyone all the best.
Amen

Thank you Lianna2020 for your landing gist, be favoured with your family in Canada.

For the ArriveCan, when did you fill it?
Was it on the day of your departure?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
kokolanre123:

Yes, you're free to include all financial investments. All increase your POF. But still, it doesn't still stop you from including your bank statement especially if the funds in treasury bills and other financial investments emanated from the said bank accounts. So you can included the account statement and explain convincingly to the VO all investments in the SOP.

To me oo, better be aware the VO's most times psychologically try to envisage the availability of all these investment tied funds and third party funds. That's why the come up with this comment's "PA shows enough fund but I'm not convinced the funds will be available". So please try to close the loose ends and loop holes ok.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyalfares: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
Really thank God for Nairaland. I rememberone Agent asking for 1000 usd to get admission. Not that admissionfee is evenincluded. That's just her fees for gettingtheadmission. And that's PART A of the process. Then PART B is that one will be asked to pay another 1000usd for help in visa application with the caveat that if the visa application isn't successful then its not the Agent fault. What a joke!!!! A very wicked process...
quote author=Jay316 post=106977794]its a really long process and expensive cos 1st u have to hire an experienced Canadian Imigration lawyer.even at that its 50/50 that's why before the ban,u are given a procedural fairness letter and given 30 days to clear ur name.these agents are soo wicked. Thank God 4 Nairaland and this Canada Visa thread.it has saved a lot from these fake agents .[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
Leyemoshood:
God has done it ooooo...Its PPR for family (Study Permit for me, Open Work Permit for my wife and Visit Visa for our 17 months old daughter). August 30th applicant.

Will be back with testimony and timeline...Who did it guys? JESUS...Oh My God...Woowwwwwwwwwwwww

Congratulations to the family.... God did it, it has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good day Anon , Please can i use treasury bill and a certified investment as proof of funds without submitting account statement?

Anon123:

Its too early if you ask me.

You need your study permit to even apply fr her and other relevant documents which you will be given only when you get to canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Residentourist:
Landing gist 1
Travelled on Wednesday 20th October, 2021 to Regina via Lufthansa airline
Flight was slated for 10:55pm. Arrived airport at 6:30pm in time for check in. My family was let in without any fuss ( they probably assumed we were all travelling together)

Congratulations to the family. Canada will favour you all in Jesus Name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2021
Bukuns2000:
I got mine on Thursday up till now DHL refuse to deliver my passport.
was it Lagos VAC or Abuja VAC u sent ur passport to ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2021
Richard90345:
I should say no? They won't allow me to work niyen. Abi?
ur study permit already comes with work permit 20hrs a week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.