Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856203 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Masterlee13:
Good evening my dear Nairaland family.
By the grace of God this week we all awaitee shall receive our PPR.
My question is that how many weeks after the submission of study permit application can someone start sending reminder to IRCC and can anyone help with the format of how the message should look like.
Thanks in Advance. [color=#006600][/color]
after processing time has elapsed which is 12 to 14 weeks after biometrics for 1st time applicant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
lilylurv:
@Benquip
@KoinsOfLagos

Any update at your end from VFS?
Nope I haven't. Have you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
YurFav:
Please someone should answer me abeg
I'm asking for a close relation
Can someone recommend courses to do as shes a graduate of international relations with a 2.2/4
But has being working with her mom as a sales assistant?
Abeg help recommend any school in ontario please anyone
@makano @lekibobe @Frankrobbn1 @ominii
I can only recommend about some schools I know of here. Algonquin college and Centennial college but the latter is cheaper. But normally people with 2.2 usually get admissions. All this schools are money Dem dey find. She should just surf through their school websites for courses available to international students cos not all courses are available to international students. MYTAKE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AceeAy: 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Tollyton:
Wow! Congratulations to you sis......pls I will like your input for my family too ( we are family of 5 too) pls here's my email tolanijy2007@yahoo.com.Thanks.

I sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello everyone good evening

I’m sorry to ask this again because I know it must have been answered before. Please how do I send my passport to the Lagos office and what are the fees involved?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Greatadams: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
bigsolo:
When is your program starting? The best option is to enroll in the pre-nursing course to avoid stories that touches the heart at POE. And change your registered courses immediately you land. This is easy in as much as you;re within the registration timing period.

All the best
the issue is that i asked the school if i will get a new admission letter and i was told yes after filling the change of department form and enrolling for computer science courses they said am not qualified for a new admission letter .some advise i should also go with my approved changed of department form

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
For lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed vfs consent forms(fill and sign just the second page )

The vfs consent form is attached below

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

Credit:atiteb4

CuteCandy90:
Hello everyone good evening

I’m sorry to ask this again because I know it must have been answered before. Please how do I send my passport to the Lagos office and what are the fees involved?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gascoigne462: 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good evening Nairaland fam. I am asking an important question as regards POF and I believe it will be useful to others on this forum

I have most of my funds in a fixed deposit account. Is it advisable to use the fixed deposit certificate (which shows the total amount fixed with the number of months it was fixed for) and payslips as evidence of proof of funds instead of the usual 3-6 months bank statement?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
Please when did u do your medical ���
Ronsfav:
Congrats!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
AceeAy:

Good evening Nairalanders, I had to share my testimony to encourage others. I  Submitted my Application on the 24th May, 2021(First Time Applicant),  did biometric on the 4th of June, upfront Medical on the 19th of September and PPR  for a family of 5 arrived on the 6th of November.
I applied for study permit and 2yrs visiting visa for my spouse and kids. Although I applied before joiningÑL I learnt so much from here and corrected my mistakes from what I read. My application was with a Conditional letter of acceptance and without tution fee deposit. I only paid the 90CAD Application required by my school. ÑO IELTS  and we also used normal Statement of Accounts. I saw several ghost updates but I thank God who made it possible.

Submitted the underlisted forms as required:

1. Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
2. Family Information (IMM 5257) - I declared only my immediate siblings and parents.
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257) . I
4. First Degree Certificate
5. First Degree Transcript
6.Affidavit of Declaration of Income
7. 6 Months Bank Statement of my spouse and I. About #20M Fhrom my spouse account and #4.8M in my own account. These were personal savings accounts and not Salary accounts.
8. Pension Statement of Account
9. 6 Months Payslip for both of us
10. Letter of Sponsorship and support signed by my husband.
11. Statement of Purpose
12. Police Character Certificate
13. Curriculum Vitae
14.  Letter of Appointment from Current Employer.
15. Letter of Introduction from Current Employer (Reference Letter)
16. Birth Certificate (for the 5 of us)
17. Copy of Staff Identity Card
18. Pictures of the Family..

I wrote my SOP Myself and realised that my application was not perfect when compared to the profiles that I saw on nairaland but I want to thank God who proved that there is nothing impossible with him. Thank you Nairalanders your testimonies were encouraging.

I noticed that many people who applied for family from outside Nigeria usually get their Visa. Whyyyy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
mrczar:
Plz I would like to know, for this who got PPR.

Do they normally get a mail or they just log into their GCE account to check their status.

Mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by UgoJay17: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Sharing my testimony God is Faithful, Ist Applicant
Application Submission Sept 12th
Biometrics. Sept 20th
Upfront Medical Oct 22nd
PPR Nov 3rd

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello Yurfav

If she has gotten her 1st degree for over 5 years, I will advise she goes for a course that relates to her Job Position/description. So look out for courses that are related to Sales... and if otherwise, go for courses related to International Relations...

Below are some good Universities and Colleges in Ontario you can make your research on:

University of Ontario
University of Waterloo
University of Ottawa
University of Windsor
Conestoga College
Niagara College
Senega College
Centennial College
Humber College

e.t.c

Peace
YurFav:
Please someone should answer me abeg
I'm asking for a close relation
Can someone recommend courses to do as shes a graduate of international relations with a 2.2/4
But has being working with her mom as a sales assistant?
Abeg help recommend any school in ontario please anyone
@makano @lekibobe @Frankrobbn1 @ominii
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Waskylala:

Hello boss me just got admitted in cape breton, can we talk ?

I got admitted into Cape Breton as well. Let's connect please.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congratulations �.

UgoJay17:
Sharing my testimony God is Faithful, Ist Applicant
Application Submission Sept 12th
Biometrics. Sept 20th
Upfront Medical Oct 22nd
PPR Nov 3rd

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello Decluttergirl

Before applying for a Canadian Study permit Visa, you must have an LOA from a DLI. An LOA is one of the major documents required to apply for a study permit application.
So in your case, for the school to issue you your LOA, they require you to pay $1000CAD, after which they will issue you your LOA and you can then apply for your Visa with the LOA..

Why go for a Diploma when you can go for a Masters's program(1st class, 2nd Class Upper) or a Postgraduate Program(2nd class Lower, 3rd class).. Yea, some peeps have gotten their Visa with an Advanced Diploma LOA, but as a BSc graduate, you have more chances of getting your Visa if you either go for a Masters program or a Post graduate Program..

Peace
Decluttergirl:
Hi everyone, happy Sunday.
For Nova Scotia community College (NSCC), do I have to pay full tuition ahead or half? I saw something like a confirmation fee of $1000, is that what I have to pay before I can apply for a visa?

Also, what are the chances of a 20 year old with a B.Sc in a health related course getting approved for Practical nursing Diploma from a 2 year college?

Would really appreciate responses to my questions. May God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mzkemi(f): 11:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
The fastest way is to pay with your dollar card. I did the same form A will take 2weeks and i had to pay before the deadline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gbes: 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
“Clear your cache” “clear browsing history” “close your browser”

I don uninstall my browser twice now, even google no suppose get my record again.

GCKey SIGN PAGE still no gree load …. Just empty white page.

Please who knows what’s happening?

Congratulations in advance to all prospective PPR recipients of this week.

Wishing everyone God’s blessings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mzkemi(f): 12:13am On Nov 08, 2021
Prettymi20:

Please how do I join?
i will like to join to, i jst applied for my visa(Seneca college) for January intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 12:15am On Nov 08, 2021
I smell loads of PPR’s this new Week,

Oh God, we thank you in advance for the PPR’s that are going to drop this Week, Halleluyah be unto your holy name (Amen).

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 1:00am On Nov 08, 2021
Pls add me too. Seneca college, January intake waiting for visa decision.
Mzkemi:
i will like to join to, i jst applied for my visa(Seneca college) for January intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DemmyDD: 2:58am On Nov 08, 2021
[quote author=Iffylove post=107405520]Yes, they will need, the only thing they don't need is biometric. So book for them & do it together at once

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DemmyDD: 3:56am On Nov 08, 2021
[quote author=DemmyDD post=107421691][/quote] Pls is there any form to fill for upfront medical? If Yes, is the form for each applicant (children).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by iamleye(m): 4:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Kudos to everyone helping in one way or the other.

Please can anyone be kind enough to send me sample SOP for Business Administration. (iamleye@gmail.com)

Secondly, my mum will be my sponsor, she has a business but not registered with CAC. No business account but have a personal account for her business (All this old women with no formal education, so they don’t feel cac or business account is necessary) How do I explain this to the VO?

Lastly, I have a sister leaving in Canada, can she sponsor me with her Naija account or better still her Canadian account.

She is currently sponsoring my mum on a super visa to Canada. The application is still inside, is it a good idea for her to sponsor me or should I just use my mum?

I shall await your kind response.

Regards,

Oluleye
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Decluttergirl: 6:34am On Nov 08, 2021
makano:
Hello Decluttergirl

Before applying for a Canadian Study permit Visa, you must have an LOA from a DLI. An LOA is one of the major documents required to apply for a study permit application.
So in your case, for the school to issue you your LOA, they require you to pay $1000CAD, after which they will issue you your LOA and you can then apply for your Visa with the LOA..

Why go for a Diploma when you can go for a Masters's program(1st class, 2nd Class Upper) or a Postgraduate Program(2nd class Lower, 3rd class).. Yea, some peeps have gotten their Visa with an Advanced Diploma LOA, but as a BSc graduate, you have more chances of getting your Visa if you either go for a Masters program or a Post graduate Program..

Peace

Thanks for the advice, can I do postgrad in something totally unrelated to what I did in my bachelors?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sammychi90: 6:51am On Nov 08, 2021
viviangogos:
I have read schools requesting people to get such discrepancy corrected and to make this correction is also not easy cause you will require to go to the secondary school to get letter to prove there was error in the Waec Cert and then go to Waec for a change. I really do not think an affidavit can work for this ooo. Affidavit can easily work for a change of name but this DOB? It is actually deep.
NECO Certificate does not come with DOB so maybe you can use that one if you wrote NECO...

Use Affidavit of change of DOB that's what I did during my time and my visa has been approved

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2021
elenewton1:
For lagos Office:

Ground Floor, The Manor
lagos
Nigeria

- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

Thanks a lot for this detailed info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 7:45am On Nov 08, 2021
Good evening everyone. Please I've been going through recent comments here about denials and the rest. And the most common cause I usually see here are LUMP SUM deposit. I would be applying for my study permit come Jan so I would like to know how to tackle the lump sum deposit issues. Like what amount can be considered as a lump sum in ones account? And what's the remedy to explain it in ones SOP if there's indeed a lump sum? Like what's the most commonest or MOST acceptable reason to explain your lump deposit to the VO? If there's a cash flow of let's say 100k to 400k monthly in ones account then 3 months to application there's about 3m in the same account. Can that be considered a lump sum? I'm thinking of submitting my Dom account statement of account along side my naira account. But my Dom account has been idol for months. How do you think I can explain the idolness of the Dom account? Or i shouldnt submit it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2021
So shall it be in Jesus name

gracedson:
I smell loads of PPR’s this new Week,

Oh God, we thank you in advance for the PPR’s that are going to drop this Week, Halleluyah be unto your holy name (Amen).

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 7:56am On Nov 08, 2021
Who knows the address of the DHL office in Abuja, you can sent your passport to.

elenewton1:
For lagos Office:

Ground Floor, The Manor
lagos
Nigeria

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnmark247: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2021
Conestoga is $1,500. But then, from my realization here, paying more gives you better chance of convincing the VO in terms of study commitment.

tosynn007:
Hello everyone, I recently applied to a pgd program at Seneca college which I was told to pay the entire first term school fees for May 2022. I would like to find out if there are other colleges that who accept a tuition deposit which won't be more than 3k cad and then balance up the tuition fee if the visa has been approved .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2021
Please who has been able to do her NIN as of recent...I heard there server has been down since Thursday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.