Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851946 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shinningstar001: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for study permit on September 20, 2021 through NSE route. I got a request letter on November 1 to submit my original letter of acceptance, I submitted it on November 3. I haven’t gotten feedback since then. My account just shows that the additional document provided has been uploaded. I’m getting agitated.
Please how long does it take to get approval after submitting additional document requested? And how do I know when the visa office has started revising the document? I’m to resume March 2022, really getting worried, but I trust God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Phiyin:
Una no dey use union bank for this page ni�?

Lol. Union bank is more like an old peoples bank. So with mostly young people here, it may be hard to get.

For payment of Tuition using form A, I always advice against using all this big banks like zenith, GTB, first bank etc cos thy have plenty customers. If possible try to send the money to smaller banks. I do use StanbicIBTC and it takes just 3days to get to school even when paying through a 3rd party flywire

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
No one can really tell how long it will take,in my case I got a request for updated LOA since Sept 30(applied july 13) thinking I will get my decision soon after that,but I am still here waiting...let's just keep praying and hope for the best
Shinningstar001:
Hi Everyone,

I applied for study permit on September 20, 2021 through NSE route. I got a request letter on November 1 to submit my original letter of acceptance, I submitted it on November 3. I haven’t gotten feedback since then. My account just shows that the additional document provided has been uploaded. I’m getting agitated.
Please how long does it take to get approval after submitting additional document requested? And how do I know when the visa office has started revising the document? I’m to resume March 2022, really getting worried, but I trust God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Shinningstar001:
Hi Everyone,

First, I don't think NSE route is functional as they have long stopped sending NSE request.

As for the request letter, was it an updated LOA the requested. If that's the case, then your application seems to be on the right track.

Then back to your getting agitated, please calm down ok, you just applied by Sept, people submitted since April/may and are still hopeful and calm, and you're getting all worried up. So please call down ok. Decision will be made when it will be made. No one knows when it can happen. All you need is to hand it to God and pray for positive decision.

Once your eligibility review starts, you will get the application/profile update in your GCKey

It will surely end in praises ok

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Those in Nbcc , how did you pay for confirmation deposit? I've one week more to pay it and I don't know my right from my left
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:
I just dey hear yellow card up and down.abeg what is a yellow card?
something that will
Be given to you by your airline to fill
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
gustav25:
Those in Nbcc , how did you pay for confirmation deposit? I've one week more to pay it and I don't know my right from my left

Have you confirmed from the school the mode the use in tuition payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bankkydarry: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello good evening and I hope my message meets you well. My sister abroad wants to sponsor me, i Hope it's fine. she is married and bears her husband's name. What are the things she can present to confirm she is my sister?.
makano:
Hello Bankky

Is your agent from this forum? Cos I doubt if agents outside this forum can give a truthful and factual advise as this..

All what your agent said is the truth, any sponsor outside your Parents, Wife, Hubby, siblings are considered 3rd PARTY sponsors, which is your case.. For a Visa officer to be convinced with a 3rd Party sponsor application, the said sponsor must show total commitment to you the applicants as regards your studies in Canada.. He/she must pay your full school fees and also send your welfare allowance for the duration of your study to your Bank account.... All thi must be stated in his Letter of sponsorship and also make sure you work on convincing the Visa Officer of your close relationship with the said sponsor...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rexwilliams: 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
@Ketima I have not done any medicals just my biometrics.. it is being processed by an agent and the last time we spoke he said it was still being reviewed I am running out of patient already he sent me some screenshot of my IRCC portal but refused to let me have access to it directly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shinningstar001: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

First, I don't think NSE route is functional as they have long stopped sending NSE request.

As for the request letter, was it an updated LOA the requested. If that's the case, then your application seems to be on the right track.

Then back to your getting agitated, please calm down ok, you just applied by Sept, people submitted since April/may and are still hopeful and calm, and you're getting all worried up. So please call down ok. Decision will be made when it will be made. No one knows when it can happen. All you need is to hand it to God and pray for positive decision.

Once your eligibility review starts, you will get the application/profile update in your GCKey

It will surely end in praises ok

Thanks
I submitted the offer letter sent to me via email by my school. I didn’t even know that a letter of acceptance existed. Lol. I had to check my student account and reach out to my school to get the letter of acceptance, after I got the request letter. Thankfully, IRCC asked for it rather than an outright rejection. I know patience is key in this journey. I pray we all get PPR soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Rexwilliams:
@Ketima I have not done any medicals just my biometrics.. it is being processed by an agent and the last time we spoke he said it was still being reviewed I am running out of patient already he sent me some screenshot of my IRCC portal but refused to let me have access to it directly

Hmmm. At this moment, nothing much I can say than for you to try and get your GCKey login details from him or her to have first hand info about your application. Without medicals, it will take 1in a million miracle to gt PPR. You should have done up-front medicals long time ago to help expedite your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

Have you confirmed from the school the mode the use in tuition payment?

They are adamant on the paytuition portal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shinningstar001: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Sweetness24:
No one can really tell how long it will take,in my case I got a request for updated LOA since Sept 30(applied july 13) thinking I will get my decision soon after that,but I am still here waiting...let's just keep praying and hope for the best

Thanks sis. We keep hoping for the best. We will all get PPR soon and testify by God’s grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Shinningstar001:

Thanks
I submitted the offer letter sent to me via email by my school. I didn’t even know that a letter of acceptance existed. Lol. I had to check my student account and reach out to my school to get the letter of acceptance, after I got the request letter. Thankfully, IRCC asked for it rather than an outright rejection. I know patience is key in this journey. I pray we all get PPR soon.

Woow. a linient VO is on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rexwilliams: 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
Thanks for your response @Ketima I appreciate you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Her birth certificate showing her maiden name.

Bankkydarry:
Hello good evening and I hope my message meets you well. My sister abroad wants to sponsor me, i Hope it's fine. she is married and bears her husband's name. What are the things she can present to confirm she is my sister?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
You are like the only that has good comment about the speed for firstbank.
kennyjoy:

Lol, I don’t know about union back, but if you have unity bank, Access bank, also first bank is fast too. I used first bank for my tuition payment and they process my payment within 3days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
Its my sponsor salary account that's why. Also, i thought it must reflect on the statement of account that one has paid half fees?
Ketima:

Lol. Union bank is more like an old peoples bank. So with mostly young people here, it may be hard to get.

For payment of Tuition using form A, I always advice against using all this big banks like zenith, GTB, first bank etc cos thy have plenty customers. If possible try to send the money to smaller banks. I do use StanbicIBTC and it takes just 3days to get to school even when paying through a 3rd party flywire

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please what are the other documents a retired civil servant will need to tender as sponsors documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Waskylala: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
johnfem321:
Hello everyone.. I’m looking to book a flight from Lagos to Toronto, Toronto to Sydney Novascotia .. I’m currently unvaccinated.. do I have to do the 3 days mandatory quarantine in Toronto or I can do it when I arrive at my final flight destination which is Sydney Nova Scotia?

Which school in Sydney?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Waskylala: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please how can I book a date for medicals in Abuja, I went to IOM website and was confused �
There was no indication in the calendar to show so so so day is free. I really need help �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
Phiyin:
You are like the only that has good comment about the speed for firstbank.

Lol Yes, if you want the process to be fast and you reside in Lagos, just go the their Head office at Marina to make the form A on (Monday or Wednesday). It was even 2nd day after submitting my form A they debited me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Wow! What is the length of your program? My thinking and coupled with what Aijay said, is that TRV extends to the expiry of your passport or the validity of your program, whichever is shorter.

Aijay26:
biko mine is march 30 2025. Biko is it 2 years masters program ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello Bankky

She should present her birth certificate showing her Lastname(your Father's name) before she got married.. Also her picture with you or preferably your family picture i.e your Father, mother, she, you and your other siblings... Also, your picture with her on her wedding day too is good to go..

Peace
Bankkydarry:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Walewolf: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Viewoliver:
Am in for it too.
Welland Campus, Niagara College.
Awaiting PPR.
What God cannot do,surely does not exist.
It will certainly end in praise.
nice. All the best please if you find a group. Please share
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello Phiyin

Employment letter
Past promotion letters
Retirement letter
Awards while in service
Pension documents
Statement of account e.t.c

Peace
Phiyin:
Please what are the other documents a retired civil servant will need to tender as sponsors documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello Shinningstar

You do not need to be worried, and there is no timeline when it comes to decisions of IRCC..

Since your account now shows that the additional document has been uploaded, that is progress.

You just have to be hopeful, and if by month-end you haven't gotten a response from them, then you can start sending them daily mails..

It will end in praise

Peace
Shinningstar001:
Hi Everyone,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
Folks, please help look into the quoted reply.

Other than the delay, is there any other challenge people face using Lagos VAC? How long does it usually take?

Any idea of how much it takes to send PPR documents to Lagos VAC for Lagos residence?

And can someone share a checklist I can use to send my passport to Lagos VAC? I did my biometric capturing in Lagos.

nairagrounds:
Thanks very much for the response.

What VFS gave me after capturing for biometrics was a receipt-like document attached to my passport data page and a VAC consent form.

Am I to send them all, or which one in particular, please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
nairagrounds:
Wow! What is the length of your program? My thinking and coupled with what Aijay said, is that TRV extends to the expiry of your passport or the validity of your program, whichever is shorter.

2 years program. Masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2021
Thank you so so much.
makano:
Hello Phiyin

Employment letter
Past promotion letters
Retirement letter
Awards while in service
Pension documents
Statement of account e.t.c

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ohhh nice one. Thank you
kennyjoy:

Lol Yes, if you want the process to be fast and you reside in Lagos, just go the their Head office at Marina to make the form A on (Monday or Wednesday). It was even 2nd day after submitting my form A they debited me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
nairagrounds:
Thanks very much for the response.

What VFS gave me after capturing for biometrics was a receipt-like document attached to my passport data page and a VAC consent form.

Am I to send them all, or which one in particular, please?

send all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.