Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855319 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2021
what is the rate of CBSA refusing ppl their study permit ? as in do they really actually refuse ppl at the border?. what are the likely questions they would ask? please for those who travelled recently or b4 or for those who has read a lot of landing gist cos landing gist is very scarce on this thread recently ooo.some ppl even find it hard to share their timeline much less landing gist and for those of us that has not traveled, this landing gist is as important as ppr timeline when we were applying.

please for those that are to travel soon abeg please give back please.send us landing gist.some of us have limited information

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

Lol. Ok let me give you an instance. Now let's assume that the VO seeing the employment date in the IMM forms, but the employment letter and CV states the correct date, VO might think, ok he made a mistake, let me overlook it. Now he is applying again, the VO sees it again. Now he will think, is obvious this is intentional and maybe this job doesn't exists. So I need to verify this employment letter. He now request for MBS of salary account to check if actually you're Working and earning salary from the job. VO always think vast, so is good we try not to make them think what if..?could it be that...?
yess good point thank you for this detailed explanation I’ll tell him to put in the correct dates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2021
kennyjoy:
Good morning my people, pls on the IMM form where it was stated, “The cost of my studies will be”

•Tuition- should I input total cost of my studies? or just first yrs tuition fee?

•Room and board- should I input the total living expenses throughout my studies? Or just one yrs living expenses?

Thank you.
put one year school fees there and for ur living expenses put 10,000CAD

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:
can I use my master card to be sending money every month to my account ?200USD every month at official rate? is there going to be interbank charges and co?

I don’t think it possible for you to do that, but you can use the card outside Nigeria, international payment both online or other platform but the limit is 200USD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:
put one year school fees there and for ur living expenses put 10,000CAD

Ok thank you brother,
what about the fund available? have already paid my first semester fee, can I add the amount I pay for my first semester fee with the fund available as POF.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2021
kennyjoy:

Ok thank you brother,
what about the fund available? have already paid my first semester fee, can I add the amount I pay for my first semester fee with the fund available as POF.

Tuition (put the year tuition in your LOA) + living expenses /board and room (10,000) + others (3000)

But it doesn't mean the available fund must be the total of this as bolded above. Your available fund can be way above, if possible 2nd year tuition+living expenses inclusive(also note that you need to prove to vo how you and from where you intend paying the next year from). But available fund shouldn't be less than the total fund as bolded above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Please will you advice i pay my tuition deposit using my sponsor dorm account or naira account?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phiyin: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Pleade who has used union bank for tution depost payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

Tuition (put the year tuition in your LOA) + living expenses /board and room (10,000) + others (3000)

But it doesn't mean the available fund must be the total of this as bolded above. Your available fund can be way above, if possible 2nd year tuition+living expenses inclusive(also note that you need to prove to vo how you and from where you intend paying the next year from). But available fund shouldn't be less than the total fund as bolded above.

I appreciate your response, got it, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2021
Phiyin:
Please will you advice i pay my tuition deposit using my sponsor dorm account or naira account?.

Naira account is the best (Official rate) with Form A, but if your Sponsor have enough $ in Dorm you can pay with it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2021
I want to send my passport to Lagos VAC for stamping, but I want to hear about the experiences of those that did the same in the past.

I did my biometrics in Lagos and won't be traveling till next fall, so there's no point in rushing.

Do I still make other payments, especially to the VFS, other than the courier service charge?

Also, what did the folks that got 2024 on their TRV do differently? Is it normal, or is it because they sent a new LOA to the IRCC? I want to get that too.

What’s the take of you all, Nairalanders?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Congratulations on your PPR
May Canada favour you.
Please did u defer ur admission to that Fall 2022? Secondly, did u update IRCC with ur new LOA through webform before ur PPR dropped?
Thank you for your swift response.

nairagrounds:
I want to send my passport to Lagos VAC for stamping, but I want to hear about the experiences of those that did the same in the past.

I did my biometrics in Lagos and won't be traveling till next fall, so there's no point in rushing.

Also, what did the folks that got 2024 on their TRV do differently? Is it normal, or is it because they sent a new LOA to the IRCC? I'd like to get that.

What’s the take of you all, Nairalanders?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vonn(f): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Toceenay:

You can use ur Master or Visa Debit Card to make the payment... GT bank just increased the limit to 200 USD, that's about 251 CAD... Someone used it for 170 CAD and went through. Since Simon Fraser University app fee is under 251 CAD, it'll work as well

I don't knw if other banks have increased theirs too, but I'm sure of GTB

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Deferred? Something like that.

For LOA. You can send your new LOA to the IRCC later, but necessary, not necessarily before you get PPR. I learned this from my school.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

Viewoliver:
Congratulations on your PPR
May Canada favour you.
Please did u defer ur admission to that Fall 2022? Secondly, did u update IRCC with ur new LOA through webform before ur PPR dropped?
Thank you for your swift response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 11:22am On Nov 13, 2021
Yes.....I want to update them on my new LOA after PPR. But am still wondering if my LOA of Fall 2021 which has expired could be the reason why decision has not been reached on my application up till this moment.
20th July applicant
I certainly believe it will end in praise by God's Special Grace.

nairagrounds:
Deferred? Yes

For LOA. You can send your new LOA to the IRCC later, but necessary, not necessarily before you get PPR. I learned this from my school.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2021
No, it isn't. I pray that it will end in praise for you.

Viewoliver:
Yes.....I want to update them on my new LOA after PPR. But am still wondering if my LOA of Fall 2021 which has expired could be the reason why decision has not been reached on my application up till this moment.
20th July applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 11:28am On Nov 13, 2021
Amen!!!
Thank you and God bless you.
nairagrounds:
No, it isn't. I pray that it will end in praise for you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by johnfem321: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2021
Does anyone one know if the 3 days and 2 weeks quarantine on arrival in Canada is important and how does it work after arriving in Canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by oyinlove15: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
She can use KLM to Calgary then either use aircanada to Nanaimo or to Vancouver and then use the ferry.
tofo:
Hello All. Please my sister is set to resume at Vancouver Island University by January 4th for her MBA. We are looking at booking a flight for her for December 27th. Ethiopian Airlines seemed to be the cheapest but with the current crisis in the country, is it still a good choice? Also, what other cheal airline is advisable to book for her. She will be flying into Nanaimo, British Columbia. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
I deferred my admission from Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 because i didnt get my visa on time. Now i have my visa, do i need to inform IRCC or i can travel and resume without any issue at point of entry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
Abuja process faster than lagos.

Romoke1995:

If I may ask why do you suggest I use Abuja ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
I got mine in 1 week and i sent from Delta

Midegee:

I sent mine to Abj and got it stamped and returned in about 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:
what is the rate of CBSA refusing ppl their study permit ? as in do they really actually refuse ppl at the border?. what are the likely questions they would ask? please for those who travelled recently or b4 or for those who has read a lot of landing gist cos landing gist is very scarce on this thread recently ooo.some ppl even find it hard to share their timeline much less landing gist and for those of us that has not traveled, this landing gist is as important as ppr timeline when we were applying.

please for those that are to travel soon abeg please give back please.send us landing gist.some of us have limited information

Bro you worry too much, relax grin grin grin God has done it for us and it would be perfected.

I think most people are resuming late as such, they dont have much time to type landing gist. Plus people are not really traveling now, most people resuming jan 2022 will travel from mid dec 2021 because of the 30 days resumption rule.

As for people not getting their permit at POE, from what i have heard so far, its the inability of the officer to confirm 1 or 2 information from school or so. The number of people not getting permit at entry is so minute
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Freshestc:
Hello Omariam....you have to use the zenith bank App...Very smooth process.
Thank u. I have been able to send it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Buaji: 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello
1. Can I get e-Yellowcard at Jericho hospital in Ibadan (or where can I get it)?
2. Where can I do Covid’19 rt-cpr test in Ibadan and how much will it cost?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mokikeoj: 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
My passport was delivered on Monday and I received the first email from them on Friday. It is taking some days for them to respond so don't be worried like I was. Lol

Romoke1995:
Good morning to you all ... please kindly assist,I sent my passport since on Wednesday which was delivered on Thursday to Vfs through courier service and was confirmed that it has bn delivered on Thursday but I’ve not heard anything from the Vfs yet not even acknowledge letter that they’ve seen it . Is this normal because I’m beginning to get worried o if they didn’t deliver it at the appropriate office Canada �� . Is there anything i can do to raise alert or something? Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
I don't think so I submitted my application July 13th, in the time of waiting I raised webform where my school stated that if I failed to be in school by September 21st, that my admission will be withdrawn, saying that they don't do deferral, this was a mail from my school that I sent to ircc to enable them make a quick decision on my application, thinking it will propel them to make quick decision on my application before my admission will be withdrawn. 21st September came and passed I started regretting why I sent the mail to ircc that my admission will be withdrawn by the school which was actually true but was just considering the effect of that statement on my application. but I never failed to pray and fast concerning my application on the alter of NSPPD. I decided to reapply to the school since they don't do deferral, up till now decision has not been made by the school but the application has been acknowledged. Despite the webform I raised stating my admission will be withdrawn if I weren't in school on the 21th September ircc made a decision on my application, first my eligibility started on 22nd October, I also started my fasting alongside with it and on the 26th of October Last month I got PPR. In conclusion it will not have effect on your application.

I wish you the best, it will end in praise

Viewoliver:
20th July applicant

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:
sorry o.is this Naira card or Dollars and can I use my naira card to pay for something in USD? what will be the rate of exchange ?
Yes, naira card. You can use it to pay for USD online so far it's not above 200 USD or it's its equivalent.
The rate changes from time to time, but presently around 460
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
mokikeoj:
My passport was delivered on Monday and I received the first email from them on Friday. It is taking some days for them to respond so don't be worried like I was. Lol

Omoooo that one loud oo ...thank you @mokikeoj
That means it took them 5days to mail you that they’ve gotten your package .. it’s well oo little wonder Lagos takes 2weeks ... I just hope it won’t affect my travelling date sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PrinceAdeAde: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Need advice

My spouse has an EE active profile and is applying for a student permit

1. Which mode of application is prevalent or recommend i.e papper based or online application

2. Is it advisable to use the same GCKey profile she created for EE in putting in her study permit application?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
Congratulations on your PPR.
U will certainly be issued a new LOA in Jesus Mighty Name... Amen!
Thank you for your detailed explanation and wishes.
EstherAda92:
I don't think so I submitted my application July 13th, in the time of waiting I raised webform where my school stated that if I failed to be in school by September 21st, that my admission will be withdrawn, saying that they don't do deferral, this was a mail from my school that I sent to ircc to enable them make a quick decision on my application, thinking it will propel them to make quick decision on my application before my admission will be withdrawn. 21st September came and passed I started regretting why I sent the mail to ircc that my admission will be withdrawn by the school which was actually true but was just considering the effect of that statement on my application. but I never failed to pray and fast concerning my application on the alter of NSPPD. I decided to reapply to the school since they don't do deferral, up till now decision has not been made by the school but the application has been acknowledged. Despite the webform I raised stating my admission will be withdrawn if I weren't in school on the 21th September ircc made a decision on my application, first my eligibility started on 22nd October, I also started my fasting alongside with it and on the 26th of October Last month I got PPR. In conclusion it will not have effect on your application.

I wish you the best, it will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello Malone..

Put the correct employment date, be truthful with your application..

You didn't submit fake documents in your refused application neither did you deny you were refused visa in the past, so yours isn't a major one...

Be truthful with your application..

Peace
Malone122:
thank you very much please I have a question for a friend my question goes thus
First application on his IMM forms the person filled a wrong employment date
Now you planning to submit a new application
Should he fill a correct employment date in the new IMM form Or since they have it on record go with the former one

In his SOP and CV the correct one is there showing dates of employment

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.