Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (858786 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Aijay26:
biko mine is march 30 2025. Biko is it 2 years masters program ?
mine is two years masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Aijay26:
something that will
Be given to you by your airline to fill
ok.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
nairagrounds:
Wow! What is the length of your program? My thinking and coupled with what Aijay said, is that TRV extends to the expiry of your passport or the validity of your program, whichever is shorter.

no.its will expire 3 months after ur program ends.My passport will expire in 2026 so if it's by passport,my TRV should expire by 2026.so it's not by passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
nairagrounds:
Folks, please help look into the quoted reply.

Other than the delay, is there any other challenge people face using Lagos VAC? How long does it usually take?

Any idea of how much it takes to send PPR documents to Lagos VAC for Lagos residence?

And can someone share a checklist I can use to send my passport to Lagos VAC? I did my biometric capturing in Lagos.

my dear,if u dont want d headache, send to Abuja.thats what I did inspite of the fact that I reside in Lagos.from the time if took me to send my passport to IRCC and wen it returned,I did not have a good sleep.I was so anxious over nothing really.So if u can wait 2 weeks plus,u submit to Lag but if u cant,send 2 ABJ.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2021
Aijay26:
2 years program. Masters
when is ur program supposed to start?is it next year falls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 5:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Jay316:
when is ur program supposed to start?is it next year falls?
January 2022. Winter . All I can say in this my process. Everything is different. From admission process down to visa, God has been so faithful!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shinningstar001: 6:18am On Nov 14, 2021
makano:
Hello Shinningstar

You do not need to be worried, and there is no timeline when it comes to decisions of IRCC..

Since your account now shows that the additional document has been uploaded, that is progress.

You just have to be hopeful, and if by month-end you haven't gotten a response from them, then you can start sending them daily mails..

It will end in praise

Peace

Thank you Makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2021
Hello!
Please, was ur initial LOA meant for you to resume by Fall 2021?
Secondly, when has your admission been deferred to?
I think my case is similar to urs in terms of application date though no request for my updated LOA.
Eligibility started 1st October.
Application submitted on 20th July.
It will surely end in praise for us.
Sweetness24:
No one can really tell how long it will take,in my case I got a request for updated LOA since Sept 30(applied july 13) thinking I will get my decision soon after that,but I am still here waiting...let's just keep praying and hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OluwasureGig: 7:24am On Nov 14, 2021
OluwasureGig:
Good day canadianlders, I have a 2.1 in geology in a federal university here in the country please which would be my most realistic option between going for a PGD in a college and an M.SC in a university in Canada, thanks
Good morning, please someone should answer my question, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2021
Hello house,
Please I need your advise on my admission process, I graduated with 2.2 (2.72 GPA in Economics Education 2015) and 5yrs of working experience in a financial institution as a credit analyst. I wanted to do MBA but this has seem impossible in Canada universities based on my search and findings, the only school that my GPA close to is memorial University they only accept 2.75 and I had 2.72GPA. I mailed the school but they let me know that my GPA is not qualify for the program and they also require GMAT or GRE, So am thinking of doing Post grad diploma in Global business management with Kwantlen Polytechnic University which is about $11k CAD but I don't know if anyone here has gotten admission into the school before (KPU) or I should just go to college and do Post grad cert. Also what are the difference in doing Pgd in College and doing it in University? And what is the best possible route? But I don't want UK option. I also want the cheapest school that is affordable. Please advice me on what to do. I need help on this decision. Gurus in the house please help your guy. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Waskylala: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Waskylala:
Please how can I book a date for medicals in Abuja, I went to IOM website and was confused �
There was no indication in the calendar to show so so so day is free. I really need help �

Please oh I need someone to help me
Happy Sunday to you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sammychi90: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2021
Happy Sunday everyone and I wish everyone seeking for PPR a successful week.

Please if I want my brother or siblings to send me money from Nigeria to Canada as for my study allowance, what are the requirements and procedures his going to take ?

I want to leave some cash with him since buying dollars in black market is on a high side and I booked only one way ticket ?

Please is urgent thank u

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2021
Hello house,
Please I need your advise on my admission process, I graduated with 2.2 (2.72 GPA in Economics Education 2015) and 5yrs of working experience in a financial institution as a credit analyst. I wanted to do MBA but this has seem impossible in Canada universities based on my search and findings, the only school that my GPA close to is memorial University they only accept 2.75 and I had 2.72GPA. I mailed the school but they let me know that my GPA is not qualify for the program and they also require GMAT or GRE, So am thinking of doing Post grad diploma in Global business management with Kwantlen Polytechnic University which is about $11k CAD but I don't know if anyone here has gotten admission into the school before (KPU) or I should just go to college and do Post grad cert. Also what are the difference in doing Pgd in College and doing it in University? And what is the best possible route? But I don't want UK option. I also want the cheapest school that is affordable. Please advice me on what to do. I need help on this decision. Gurus in the house please help your guy. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KoinsOfLagos: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2021
giftedchild009:
Hello house,

Thompson Rivers University MBA

Check it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Diamondakins: 8:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Yes I'm leaving January, I got admission into trent university
JoanJerome:
Hello everyone... Is there anyone leaving for Canada this January? I got admitted to Centennial college and I'll be glad to connect with the person. I'll like to get information regarding accommodation/ travel plans so we can pair up. Also, anyone who has settled in Toronto area can give pointers to newcomers for relatively affordable residences. Ps: I'm female.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2021
Please at what rate, is it 413.
kennyjoy:

Lol Yes, if you want the process to be fast and you reside in Lagos, just go the their Head office at Marina to make the form A on (Monday or Wednesday). It was even 2nd day after submitting my form A they debited me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2021
kennyjoy:

Lol Yes, if you want the process to be fast and you reside in Lagos, just go the their Head office at Marina to make the form A on (Monday or Wednesday). It was even 2nd day after submitting my form A they debited me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2021
Zhaynurb:

Yes 413.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kellart: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2021
Good Day

Pls my Sponsor changed his Job recently.
Can I raise a webform to submit his new employment letter.

Or i should just ignore.

And only update his bank statement through webform

NOTE: Sponsor is my brother.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2021
Traveling in January and also Centennial College.

JoanJerome:
Hello everyone... Is there anyone leaving for Canada this January? I got admitted to Centennial college and I'll be glad to connect with the person. I'll like to get information regarding accommodation/ travel plans so we can pair up. Also, anyone who has settled in Toronto area can give pointers to newcomers for relatively affordable residences. Ps: I'm female.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 11:10am On Nov 14, 2021
Give them a call

Waskylala:

Happy Sunday to you all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnbravo1994: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2021
Happy Sunday to you all good people of Nairaland please I have questions to you ma/sir!
1. Has anyone here apply or gain admission to the university of British Columbia and the university of Western Ontario (western university).
2. Can I use my G.TB naira MasterCard to pay my application fees since is within range of $200, my application fees is just $168.25 Cad or I should use my domiciliary dollar Gtb MasterCard Sir?
Thank you in anticipation your prompt response.
JOHN A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2021
If you are not seeing any date, it means the dates are booked, you can only get dates in 2022. Try to give them a call

Waskylala:

Happy Sunday to you all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rotexteymie(f): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2021
Leyemoshood:
I deferred my admission from Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 because i didnt get my visa on time. Now i have my visa, do i need to inform IRCC or i can travel and resume without any issue at point of entry?

You can either send your new LOA to IRCC before traveling or travel and present the updated one at the point of entry. Either ways, you can enter Canada so long as your Visa is still valid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
Is like the programs they offer are undergraduates in business management though both grad students and under grad students can apply, the only Post Baccalaureate program I saw there is for Data Analysis and I am not a computer science student and the Masters courses they have are not in my field.

Thanks for your imputaIs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=KoinsOfLagos post=107602305]

Thompson Rivers University MBA

like the programs they offer are undergraduates in business management though both grad students and under grad students can apply, the only Post Baccalaureate program I saw there is for Data Analysis and I am not a computer science student and the Masters courses they have are not in my field.

Thanks for your imputa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heroine226: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
Happy Sunday to all.

Please my friend just received passport request (visitor's visa). She lives in Owerri and wants to send it to Lagos. Can she send it through Dhl or Ups, or must she submit it in-person?
If it is ok to use a courier service, how would she get it back?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Johnbravo1994:
Happy Sunday to you all good people of Nairaland please I have questions to you ma/sir!
1. Has anyone here apply or gain admission to the university of British Columbia and the university of Western Ontario (western university).
2. Can I use my G.TB naira MasterCard to pay my application fees since is within range of $200, my application fees is just $168.25 Cad or I should use my domiciliary dollar Gtb MasterCard Sir?
Thank you in anticipation your prompt response.
JOHN A.

1. Those who have enrolled there will reply you on this.
2. You can use the naira card to pay but the rate is about N480 to $1, you can also use the dollar card both will work. Your choice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
Heroine226:
Happy Sunday to all.

Please my friend just received passport request (visitor's visa). She lives in Owerri and wants to send it to Lagos. Can she send it through Dhl or Ups, or must she submit it in-person?
If it is ok to use a courier service, how would she get it back?
Thank you.

She cannot submit it in person, she has to send it via courier, visit the courier office to ascertain the cost, but let her do a two way so it can be sent and brought back to her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heroine226: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
Okay.
We appreciate your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heroine226: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Thank you.

She cannot submit it in person, she has to send it via courier, visit the courier office to ascertain the cost, but let her do a two way so it can be sent and brought back to her.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.