Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855230 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
Thank you.
makano:
It should

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheLee(f): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Guys, let’s focus on way forward.
The other guy probably has absolutely nothing to lose hence the pessimism and the trolling.
The best bet is going to a country where Nigerian passport works and staying there 14 days before moving to Canada.
Now it will be verrryyy cost intensive.
I’m almost sure they would not ban a country like Mexico: even though it’s almost 3rd world, it’s still a North American country.
A Canadian visa is valid for entry into Mexico if you’re staying for less than 30 days.
I’m seeing eVisa for Turkey too.
So, let’s get thinking on our feet.
What’s the way forward? He who wants to troll is allowed to.
What’s the way forward?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
gustav25:

For the good of it , I don't need to engage in a dick measuring contest with you after you have displayed some mental deficiency syndrome
Baba, using big English words isn’t a yardstick to measure intelligence, your soul is just bitted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pinkkiss21: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
gustav25:
oh, and I'm not sorry if I'm being realistic . Having all positive thoughts is good but not realistic. I'm about to pay for the visa application. All I'm also saying is that no one knows how long this restriction would be in place and schools would have no other option than to Deliver classes via Zoom. It's not what I want personally , but it's likely what will be. But the frustrated human being decided to rain curses on his bald head because he isn't able to accept the reality now until something changes which we all hope for. He should get lost , frustrated individual
Oh hmm I get it now, you can’t know how he feels
Let me break it down to you now , no be only Nigeria or those countries dae class you get so they can’t just make changes , then even if your class is online ( for my school) you can’t attend classes outside Canada and also for some of us we have deadline or we defer also some schools only give one defer person.
Good luck on your application and the main thing is being positive

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
gracedson:
Baba, using big English words isn’t a yardstick to measure intelligence, your soul is just bitted.
I hear you .... Being realistic is now termed Being a hater , wake up from your Eldorado and adjust to what's on ground now , Anu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shokoloko(f): 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
Please send me a PM if you are planning to go through Cotonou this month. Departure to Cotonou is next week, hang around for 14 days. Take a Covid test and move.
The COVID deaths and patients in Canada are increasing. Trust their government to add flu deaths to the COVID number. In my opinion, I dont see this ban being lifted in Feb. I hope I am wrong

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pinkkiss21: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLee:
The other guy probably has absolutely nothing to lose hence the pessimism and the trolling.
The best bet is going to a country where Nigerian passport works and staying there 14 days before moving to Canada.
I’m almost sure they would not ban a country like Mexico: even though it’s almost 3rd world, it’s still a North American country.
A Canadian visa is valid for entry into Mexico if you’re staying for less than 30 days.
What’s the way forward?
Honestly it’s not easy , I just pray it works for those that can go through those process. I want to believe they will come back and modify it. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello mrczar

This is a generic email to calm you down...

Hopefully you have gotten their attention, let us see what the week ahead will unfold as regards your application..

Peace
mrczar:
Attached is the response I got after sending web form to Nairobi office.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Pinkkiss21:

Oh hmm I get it now, you can’t know how he feels
Let me break it down to you now , no be only Nigeria or those countries dae class you get so they can’t just make changes , then even if your class is online ( for my school) you can’t attend classes outside Canada and also for some of us we have deadline or we defer also some schools only give one defer person.
Good luck on your application and the main thing is being positive
be positive and realistic, we are at the mercy of this country. If they feel this variant of Covid needs severe measures , nothing we can do to change it sadly. Have a good day smart individual, unlike the frustrated one that will quote me soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Damanjay: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
childgodlyyy:

Please I’m no way am I siding with you lmao. I plan to leave too.

Savage grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLee:
What’s the way forward?

Come direct Ma , no one is trolling anyone ... I dont know why you Nigerians have a battle against Comprehension. Canada have blacklisted us and that's factos , it's left for us to find a way to get in or get schooled online ... This isn't any form of trolling but seems many are dense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
You right.

It’s way forward we should look for and be positive no matter the situation no one want the ban to last through next year so those with bad energy must just stay far away and leave us alone with positive energy even we hijack plane or walk or whatever it’s our problem.

TheLee:
What’s the way forward?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Papapa1234: 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
I can't remember the page but I took a screen shot. Pls see picture attached.
nairagrounds:
You can imagine. Please can you reference the post of that person that made mention of health insurance for her kids? That'd be very useful. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
I think some people don't understand the brain drain that's in attending classes virtually. I have done it and I wouldn't want anyone to go through such stress.
The time difference is even more longer now before it was 5hrs for people studying in Ontario, 9hrs for Vancouver, mind you Ontario seems to be the lowest.
When class starts over there is when you're getting ready to rest here. So it's not okay.
Going through comments from professionals in the sector I feel it would be lifted soon. It is politics induced decision.

May God Make It Easy For Us All

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pinkkiss21: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2021
Shokoloko:
Please send me a PM if you are planning to go through Cotonou this month. Departure to Cotonou is next week, hang around for 14 days. Take a Covid test and move.
The COVID deaths and patients in Canada are increasing. Trust their government to add flu deaths to the COVID number. In my opinion, I dont see this ban being lifted in Feb. I hope I am wrong

Thanks
I don’t know if you’re getting my message on your email . What provinces and city are you going ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheLee(f): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
gustav25:
be positive and realistic, we are at the mercy of this country. If they feel this variant of Covid needs severe measures , nothing we can do to change it sadly. Have a good day smart individual, unlike the frustrated one that will quote me soon
You should learn empathy.
The fact that you are ‘logical’ is not mutually exclusive to empathy which you haven’t shown. Emotions are high, people are devastated.
You’re putting your application in, don’t you think you’d be affected. Picture this, Africans are not that significant number of intl student and as it is, only a fraction of the continent is banned you think schools will modify their instruction mode just to suit the discomfort of less than 10% of their classes.
You must think that we are that indispensable. Even Indians with the high pop of intl enrollment in Canada when they were banned had to find a way, no one moved mountains for them.
Be empathic. You can be logical and realistic yet empathic.
It’s not one or the other. All the best in your application. You would need it

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheLee(f): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Shokoloko:

Thanks

My worry is these countries being banned too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLee:

My worry is these countries being banned too.

Then we go home and pray �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gustav25: 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLee:

You should learn empathy.
The fact that you are ‘logical’ is not mutually exclusive to empathy which you haven’t shown. Emotions are high, people are devastated.
You’re putting your application in, don’t you think you’d be affected. Picture this, Africans are not that significant number of intl student and as it is, only a fraction of the continent is banned you think schools will modify their instruction mode just to suit the discomfort of less than 10% of their classes.
You must think that we are that indispensable. Even Indians with the high pop of intl enrollment in Canada when they were banned had to find a way, no one moved mountains for them.
Be empathic. You can be logical and realistic yet empathic.
It’s not one or the other. All the best in your application. You would need it

Sorry , I don't have the ability to be empathetic. I say it the way it is. I'm hurt about the ban on us but what do we do ? I was intouch with an Indian nationale and he said they bypassed by going to Mexico and flying to Canada from their. I made a non threating post of learning online and that accursed fella decided to come throw jabs ? For what exactly ? Did I shatter his Eldorado ? Isn't one of the characteristics of human beings adaptability ? If we go with what is now , we are banned. We all have to adapt and seek for other ways to complete the quest. If your little friend still wants to rave mad with frustration this noon , I'm willing to accommodate him adequately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pinkkiss21: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Benquip:
I think some people don't understand the brain drain that's in attending classes virtually. I have done it and I wouldn't want anyone to go through such stress.
The time difference is even more longer now before it was 5hrs for people studying in Ontario, 9hrs for Vancouver, mind you Ontario seems to be the lowest.
When class starts over there is when you're getting ready to rest here. So it's not okay.
Going through comments from professionals in the sector I feel it would be lifted soon. It is politics induced decision.

I am the only African on my department Abi course groupchat, not even Ghana or other countries am the only black o the rest are from Punjabi or whatever is called ( India )
I have faith and believe in God they will lift it or adjust it in a way that will favor us amen

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by daks02: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
Does anyone know how the Indians got across during their ban period?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by millie0: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello guys

I'm really confused and I don't know what to do. I have gotten my study visa and I already booked my flight for December 18th.

Now with this news about the ban on Nigerian flights, what can I do? I booked Lufthansa airlines and I will pass through Germany before I get to Canada, so can I move to Frankfort and stay there for 14 days before traveling to Canada? I don't know if this will be allowed because they will see I'm a Nigerian on my passport, so I don't know if it will work. Will they say it's a fraudulent act? What do you think?

Also, do you think that I will be able to get a refund on my flight and what should I do? Should I forget about the flight or should I just travel to Germany and quarantine there?

My school's winter term starts by January 5 and it's in-person.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chris182: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
You won't be allowed to board your flight from Nigeria as long as the ban is in effect
millie0:
Hello guys

I'm really confused and I don't know what to do. I have gotten my study visa and I already booked my flight for December 18th.

Now with this news about the ban on Nigerian flights, what can I do? I booked Lufthansa airlines and I will pass through Germany before I get to Canada, so can I move to Frankfort and stay there for 14 days before traveling to Canada? I don't know if this will be allowed because they will see I'm a Nigerian on my passport, so I don't know if it will work. Will they say it's a fraudulent act? What do you think?

Also, do you think that I will be able to get a refund on my flight and what should I do? Should I forget about the flight or should I just travel to Germany and quarantine there?

My school's winter term starts by January 5 and it's in-person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
I tell you,it isn't easy at all,being having my classes online since September and I can categorically tell you it's not easy,I was looking forward to travelling this December before the ban,we can only pray to God to make a way for us where there seems to be no way for what he (God) cannot do does not exist,let us keep hope alive
Benquip:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayok90: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
Let put hope alive

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Can one go to Ghana, spend 14days and fly to Canada from there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pinkkiss21: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ayok90:
Let put hope alive
God abeg oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Inbox me bro[q0uote author=Aijay26 post=108109748]Please who wants to leave from Cotonou but will be traveling around 29th ? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by millie0: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Chris182:
You won't be allowed to board your flight from Nigeria as long as the ban is in effect

I'm asking if I can fly to Germany and stay there for 14 days, before moving to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
So I just left wakanow ticketing office and they said they received a memo from their head office stating that study visa is not affected. But they told me it's only airlines that can give the actual type of visas that are affected or not. As such they're waiting for further information from the airlines plus people are supposed to fly tonight, that if the airlines allow people with study visa to board, we might have a chance.

I'm heading to Lufthansa and KLM office now if I can get direct info from them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Me too o..

I don hit my mail limit.. abeg email me

Aijay26:
Please who wants to leave from Cotonou but will be traveling around 29th ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
Me too

Email me abeg.

lilylurv:

Maybeme

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.